The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Erik 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-11-02, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Erik Click to send private message to Erik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
A friend and I are submitting our apps for TAR3. I wondering if anyone has applied before and could give us some tips or let us know some pitfalls to avoid. We wanted to get in TAR2 but were late on the app.

Maybe I'm cocky, but I'm watching this and thinking that we could blow these teams away, but I guess they all think that. I think the first racers were better than these teams and the TAR2 teams had a model to follow. We want this pretty bad, I'm even flying to Miami to do our video and hopefully our interview as well.

TIA,
Erik

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR... Pelirroja 04-11-02 1
   RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR... 712 04-11-02 2
       RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR... Kokoro 04-12-02 6
           RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR... 712 04-12-02 8
   RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR... Erik 04-11-02 3
 RE: TAR Application trigirl 04-12-02 4
   RE: TAR Application Erik 04-12-02 5
       RE: TAR Application managerr 04-12-02 7
           RE: TAR Application Ruthless 04-14-02 9
           RE: TAR Application Kokoro 04-14-02 10
 RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR... Serendipity 04-15-02 11
   RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR... Erik 04-17-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pelirroja 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-11-02, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pelirroja Click to send private message to Pelirroja Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
My sister and I are big fans and are goingto send in a tape too. I was wondering how many tapes and applications they actually get.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-11-02, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
I would have applied long ago, for the first season... If I wasn't a goddamn UNDERAGED CANADIAN!!

I do plan on writing to Canadian networds CTV, CBC, and possibly the Life Network, in hopes of possibly getting a Canadian version of the race one day.

Yeah, like that would ever happen...

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-12-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
Hey, don't knock being an underaged Canadian ^-^
And our reality tv is developing, albeit slowly....

The Lofters - Soooo good, Better than BB (especially with the new voting process) - and the feeds are free 24/7 and uninhibited (Plus there's a Britney clone if the above doesn't interest you ;)
Drifters: The Water Wars
Quest for the Bay

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-02, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
I have yet to see the last two shows you mentioned, Kokoro. I do watch The Lofters on a semi-regular basis (Heather is one of my numerous pretend TV girlfriends). Pioneer Quest and Tall Ship Chronicals (Chronicles?) are both very good too.

04-11-02, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Erik Click to send private message to Erik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
I really have no idea, but I'll bet it's not as many as you would think. It's pretty involved process and the 30-40 day commitment isn't something alot of people could do.

My guess is that alot of them get thrown out quickly for not being complete or the video being terrible.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-12-02, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Application"
I was really surprised when the grannies said that they had actually applied for TAR1. Makes me think there were pretty slim pickings in the application department.

Eric, I think the secret to get on the show is get a parent\child team. I mean an olderparent and adult child. That way you'd have the demographic they are searching for, plus the youth for staying power.

04-12-02, 09:45 AM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR Application"
Very good points trigirl. I didn't know that about the Grannies. I am 34 and my friend is 37 so we are definitely in the Rob & Brennan/Chex category which is probably the most competitive for getting on the show.

Our title would be "Danny and Erik, Army Buddies". They haven't had a military connection yet. We are kind of a combo between R/B and the Kevin and Drew. We are very competitive, love to cut up and are constantly ripping on each other. So I hope those things will set us apart. I know there's no way my Mom or Dad would do this.

Besides, when I saw the first episode of TAR1, I thought "Danny and I have got to do this!"

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-12-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Application"
I think you'd have to go for a pairing demographic that hasn't been done yet. The most obvious being a Mother-Son or Father-Daughter. I'd probably try that if I were trying to get on the show, unfortunately I don't have enough confidence in mom that we'd actually win.

On the other hand, if I were to pick friends of mine who I think I could win with, we'd be Rob and Brennan II... (except not as good looking so we wouldn't get picked)

Hmm...what about an "Internet Message Board" board buddies who have never ever met in person until now but love to slam reality shows together?

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-14-02, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Application"
I'm in Australia, so I don't qualify, but I have no one who would go on it with me.

My husband says he would love to do it, but not with me. Hey, what does that say for our 26 year marriage? We would be like Lenny and Karyn from TAR1. He's not a dweeb like Lenny, but he likes to take his time and think about things before he does them. I'm the type that jumps in first and thinks about it later.

My mum and dad just aren't the adventurous type. Though if it was just around Australia, they might be in it.

My sister and I would fight like cat and dog.

My daughter and I would probably get on like a house on fire and do quite well.

My sons aren't the adventurous type either, and would drag me back.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-02, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR Application"
Oh my heck - I can so imagine my mother and I doing this - If we actually made it past the first episode (she dies with ~any~ physical challenge whatsoever), we'd quickly be on our way to the most hated team in TAR history ^-^

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-02, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-02 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

Erik, I really, really wish you luck. It would be such fun to see somebody you "know", if only from a message board.

Play up the Army buddies - that might work.

I would love to do it and so would my daughter, but there's no way I can get that much time off from work and still feel secure about employment when I return. I'd have to win the top prize or I'd be in very deep doodoo.

Good luck to all of you who try.

Edited to correct typing error.

04-17-02, 03:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
Thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately Danny's Army duties will keep us out this time. We can only hope that there will be an AR4.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •