URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 611
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"

Posted by Erik on 04-11-02 at 02:58 PM
A friend and I are submitting our apps for TAR3. I wondering if anyone has applied before and could give us some tips or let us know some pitfalls to avoid. We wanted to get in TAR2 but were late on the app.

Maybe I'm cocky, but I'm watching this and thinking that we could blow these teams away, but I guess they all think that. I think the first racers were better than these teams and the TAR2 teams had a model to follow. We want this pretty bad, I'm even flying to Miami to do our video and hopefully our interview as well.

TIA,
Erik

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Has anyone ever applied for TAR?"
Posted by Pelirroja on 04-11-02 at 05:39 PM
My sister and I are big fans and are goingto send in a tape too. I was wondering how many tapes and applications they actually get.

Posted by 712 on 04-11-02 at 06:29 PM
I would have applied long ago, for the first season... If I wasn't a goddamn UNDERAGED CANADIAN!!

I do plan on writing to Canadian networds CTV, CBC, and possibly the Life Network, in hopes of possibly getting a Canadian version of the race one day.

Yeah, like that would ever happen...

Posted by Kokoro on 04-12-02 at 11:27 AM
Hey, don't knock being an underaged Canadian ^-^
And our reality tv is developing, albeit slowly....

The Lofters - Soooo good, Better than BB (especially with the new voting process) - and the feeds are free 24/7 and uninhibited (Plus there's a Britney clone if the above doesn't interest you ;)
Drifters: The Water Wars
Quest for the Bay

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

Posted by 712 on 04-12-02 at 06:57 PM
I have yet to see the last two shows you mentioned, Kokoro. I do watch The Lofters on a semi-regular basis (Heather is one of my numerous pretend TV girlfriends). Pioneer Quest and Tall Ship Chronicals (Chronicles?) are both very good too.

Posted by Erik on 04-11-02 at 07:01 PM
I really have no idea, but I'll bet it's not as many as you would think. It's pretty involved process and the 30-40 day commitment isn't something alot of people could do.

My guess is that alot of them get thrown out quickly for not being complete or the video being terrible.

"RE: TAR Application"
Posted by trigirl on 04-12-02 at 09:18 AM
I was really surprised when the grannies said that they had actually applied for TAR1. Makes me think there were pretty slim pickings in the application department.

Eric, I think the secret to get on the show is get a parent\child team. I mean an olderparent and adult child. That way you'd have the demographic they are searching for, plus the youth for staying power.

Posted by Erik on 04-12-02 at 09:45 AM
Very good points trigirl. I didn't know that about the Grannies. I am 34 and my friend is 37 so we are definitely in the Rob & Brennan/Chex category which is probably the most competitive for getting on the show.

Our title would be "Danny and Erik, Army Buddies". They haven't had a military connection yet. We are kind of a combo between R/B and the Kevin and Drew. We are very competitive, love to cut up and are constantly ripping on each other. So I hope those things will set us apart. I know there's no way my Mom or Dad would do this.

Besides, when I saw the first episode of TAR1, I thought "Danny and I have got to do this!"

Posted by managerr on 04-12-02 at 11:42 AM
I think you'd have to go for a pairing demographic that hasn't been done yet. The most obvious being a Mother-Son or Father-Daughter. I'd probably try that if I were trying to get on the show, unfortunately I don't have enough confidence in mom that we'd actually win.

On the other hand, if I were to pick friends of mine who I think I could win with, we'd be Rob and Brennan II... (except not as good looking so we wouldn't get picked)

Hmm...what about an "Internet Message Board" board buddies who have never ever met in person until now but love to slam reality shows together?

Posted by Ruthless on 04-14-02 at 11:26 PM
I'm in Australia, so I don't qualify, but I have no one who would go on it with me.

My husband says he would love to do it, but not with me. Hey, what does that say for our 26 year marriage? We would be like Lenny and Karyn from TAR1. He's not a dweeb like Lenny, but he likes to take his time and think about things before he does them. I'm the type that jumps in first and thinks about it later.

My mum and dad just aren't the adventurous type. Though if it was just around Australia, they might be in it.

My sister and I would fight like cat and dog.

My daughter and I would probably get on like a house on fire and do quite well.

My sons aren't the adventurous type either, and would drag me back.

Posted by Kokoro on 04-14-02 at 11:39 PM
Oh my heck - I can so imagine my mother and I doing this - If we actually made it past the first episode (she dies with ~any~ physical challenge whatsoever), we'd quickly be on our way to the most hated team in TAR history ^-^

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

Posted by Serendipity on 04-15-02 at 09:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-02 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

Erik, I really, really wish you luck. It would be such fun to see somebody you "know", if only from a message board.

Play up the Army buddies - that might work.

I would love to do it and so would my daughter, but there's no way I can get that much time off from work and still feel secure about employment when I return. I'd have to win the top prize or I'd be in very deep doodoo.

Good luck to all of you who try.

Edited to correct typing error.

Posted by Erik on 04-17-02 at 03:54 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately Danny's Army duties will keep us out this time. We can only hope that there will be an AR4.