The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-29-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-04 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

The web promo is finally up on the CBS site.

Very interesting sidenote-a car is visible in the background as the RC is about to start.

Edited to add vidcaps, thanks to Garbo at Mess:

Voiceover:

VO: CBS Thursday
VO: Only 3 Survivor episodes left
Chris: "I'm living with 5 wildcats right now"
VO: An unlikely alliance
Twila: "This game is whacky"
VO: puts Ami & Julie on the defense
Ami: "I'm competing with all my heart now"
VO: Plus, one of the biggest rewards in Survivor history
JP: "GO!"
JP: "Worth playing for?"
VO: Winning is critical
VO: Immunity - essential
Ami: "You & me girl, you & me"
VO: Don't you dare miss this Tribal Council
Chris: "It's gonna be good"
Scout: laughter
VO: A new Survivor, CBS Thursday

Sylvester (just call me CAT)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo KObrien_fan 11-29-04 1
 RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo sylvester 11-29-04 2
 RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo Brownroach 11-29-04 3
   RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo KObrien_fan 11-29-04 5
       RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo udg 11-29-04 6
           RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo KObrien_fan 11-29-04 8
               RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo sylvester 11-29-04 9
                   RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo KObrien_fan 11-29-04 10
                   RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo Peachezz 11-30-04 11
               RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo udg 11-30-04 12
                   RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo KObrien_fan 11-30-04 13
                       RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo Flowerpower 11-30-04 14
                           RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo sylvester 12-02-04 15
                               RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo Brownroach 12-02-04 16
                       RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo Chez 12-02-04 17
 2 cars? lovwigglesworth 11-29-04 4
   Here? udg 11-29-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
Yep, we had the car pegged in the RC thread, cool! I bet they give a car away again next week too.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

11-29-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
It says 'one of the biggest rewards in Survivor history'. I wonder what is being given along with the car?

I am wondering what kind of trip goes along with that car. In the past haven't they often driven the new vehicle to some place nearby for their little reward trip? Hmmmmmmmm.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-04, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
Ami: "You & me girl, you & me"

Ami appears to be saying this to Julie -- referring to them being potential bootees because they don't have immunity, perhaps?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

11-29-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
Listen closely it says "You OR me" not you and me. Big difference. So I would say that is correct, Ami and Julie do not win this challenge. I am also going to say that if the RC and IC are combined, then it makes sense that Twila wins the challenge and takes either Scout or Chris, or Scout and Chris with her to the reward feast/shower.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-29-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
it makes sense that Twila wins the challenge

Typo? Or do you have a new theory on this?

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

11-29-04, 07:06 PM (EST)
8. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
Because Eliza is seen in the picture where Ami is talking to Julie "it's you or me girl" it could mean and does make sense that Twila and Scout or Twila, Scout and Chris are not around at this particular moment. Twila has a real good chance at winning this challenge as does Eliza. The question is, are they showing us more of Ami/Eliza in the challenge clips because it is a race to the finish between these two? Or are they showing that as misdirection and the one they show the least of, Twila, wins?

Twila has shown grit and determination, she hates her life and 3 jobs at home, besides immunity the thought of a car might be all that it takes for her to push extra hard and win this.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

11-29-04, 08:31 PM (EST)
9. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
I think this shot:

is pre-RC. Ami & Julie are still wearing each other's clothes, the same ones from the night before at TC. Julie has her early morning buff on the head look also.

This is possibly on the way back from receiving tree mail, as Eliza has something in her hands that I can't quite make out.

I think Ami's comments might just be a continuation of her anger from Leann's surprise boot and the sudden realization that she & Julie are the odd women out, in front of Eliza of course for dramatic effect.

11-29-04, 09:06 PM (EST)
10. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
You may be right about when this takes cap place. I believe what Eliza is holding is a key fob of sorts and it says Chevy on it (It is shown more clearly on a cap at Sucks). But that doesn't fit if the car they are giving away is a Pontiac G6.

I still think Twila and Eliza are the 2 best candidates to win this challenge, though not sure if it is IC too though am leaning that way.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-04, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"

Wow! Look how clearly it says 'Survivor' on Eliza's buff. If I were into subtle clues I would hone in on that.

11-30-04, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
I agree that she has the determination & stamina. I just don't see anything in the caps that indicates that she has the speed.

Thus far, we've had three challenges that involved swimming.
E5 Reward - Dive Masters (Twila's Tribe won)
E6 Immunity - Strung Out (Twila's Tribe won)
E8 Immunity - Jumper (Sarge won)

In Dive Masters, I don't remember how well Twila did, but Chris outdove Ami in the final round.

In Strung Out, didn't Twila stay on the beach?

In Jumper, Eliza edged out Chris for 2nd place in the first heat, while Twila came in fourth behind Rory, Ami & Chad in the second heat.

I think Eliza seems more likely to win this one than Twila.

I'll go on the record now as putting my money on Twila if she makes it to that final endurance IC, though.

11-30-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
13. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
First off, to compare how someone did two weeks ago to how they will do at a challenge now isn't always telling. The competition is different, the sense of urgency is different, how they have all been affected by the lack of food and sleep...each body is impacted differently.

For example, when Twila competed in dive masters challenge she was up against Chad, Rory, and Ami...all strong swimmers. She may have had it in her mind that she wouldn't do well against those odds, so her body responds with a lackluster performance. In this challenge Twila has a 1 in 5 shot at winning a car, food, shower, and possibly immunity, you can bet she is determined to do so. (I really don't count Scout as a threat here) Not only has the competition thinned out, but many are wearing down physically, where it looks like Twila is still very strong.

Her sheer determination could win this for her. Also, if you remember back to the vidcaps from the dive masters challenge, we all thought Ami was going to win the challenge because of the shot of her coming up the beach with her last flag, which proved to be from the 1st heat and not the final round. By CBS giving us footage of what looks like a close finish between Eliza and Ami, it leads me to believe that this is misdirection too. The only one they don't really show us much of is Twila, why is that?

The other part, who does she take with her to reward, some speculate Scout goes because of her fluffy hair. Twila would take Scout with her, but would Eliza? I know this is not proof positive, I am just saying that I can see this scenario happening.

Twila hates her 3 jobs, hates her life, a new Pontiac G6 would surely help make her life better. She will be hungry to win this, and motivation can play a big part of who will win.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
KO, you make a very compelling argument for a Twila win. In fact, lately the vidcaps have steered us all in the wrong direction for the past couple of episodes. Ex. Twila outlasting on the poles, and Ami winning the family visit reward. I, too think that this challenge could be won by Twila.

I rewound the tape of the retrieving the three flags challenge that Sarge won and Twila was right there in her group. Just missed out....

12-02-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
15. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
I thought for awhile that Twila may indeed win this, but I keep coming back to her comment many episodes back about being a long term smoker. I have to believe that this type of challenge just doesn't favor her. Twila won the pole challenge because she is one tough old broad, lol. She has the determination, but not the lung capacity.

Also, the shot of Eliza running to the poles only shows us hers, Ami's, and Chris's. We can't see the other end, where Julie's is. If you look at youth & athleticism alone, the favorites would have to be Ami, Eliza & Julie.

There is something else sticking in the back of my mind that makes me think Julie is possibly the winner here. Remember the spoilers about Eliza's boyfriend leaving Vanuatu 3 days later than the other family members? Eliza's boyfriend didn't go, BUT, if my feeble little brain remembers correctly, they said the young man's name was Justin.

Perhaps the person supplying the info didn't realize that the Justin involved was Julie's friend, not Eliza's boyfriend?

I'm probably all wet here, I just have to wonder if perhaps Julie wins and gets a little trip with her buddy Justin? The promo voiceover does call this 'one of the biggest rewards in Survivor history'. A car by itself hardly qualifies.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
I just have to wonder if perhaps Julie wins and gets a little trip with her buddy Justin?

That's not a bad thought, but then all the loved ones would have to stay later in case their survivor won. If the winner got an extra evening with his/her loved one, they'd still probably fly all the loved ones back together on the following day.

I don't really see Twila winning this either. In the diving for markers challenge we only saw her dive once, early, and she had to come up before she could retrieve a marker as I recall. I think diving would exhaust her even more now, even if her determination might favor her winning other types of challenges.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-02-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: VIDCAPS: Web Promo"
I'm not discounting Twila taking Eliza along with her on a reward. After all, that could cement the "unlikely alliance" and prevent any mutinous talk back at camp, which could definitely happen if Ami, Julie and Eliza were left together.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-29-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "2 cars?"
Is that a second car over Ami's shoulder there as well?

11-29-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
7. "Here?"

If you're talking about this cap, no. That's a shadow and some sort of banner flapping behind her. There's another banner behind Twila that moves as well. (It's about 12.5 seconds into the preview.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •