The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
Since dabo's computer is on the fritz, someone needs to start this thread on his behalf. And I nominate myself.

The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Except for Coach; Coach gets his own special Coach Gufus. Should you notice any gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are
Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

This week you have four (4) Contestant votes, unlimited (unlimited) Coach votes, and two (2) Production votes.

Contestant #1: Timbits, for assigning Sierra to guard J. T. in the IC. That didn't work out too well.

Contestant #2: Taj, just for being Taj. Upset or not, was that outburst really necessary?

agman's helping me survive

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 jbug 03-13-09 1
 RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 Belle Book 03-13-09 2
 RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 aquariaqueen 03-13-09 3
 RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 michel 03-14-09 4
   RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 suzzee 03-14-09 5
   RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 jbug 03-15-09 6
       RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 PepeLePew13 03-17-09 7
   RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 byoffer 03-23-09 8
       RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 dabo 03-23-09 9
 RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5 ajglitch 03-25-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-09, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
Taj - for giving your HII to Stephen to "hold" for you. According to Jeffy, if it's in his position, it's his. You're putting too much trust in someone you hardly know.

Spencer - so what exactly was wrong with you in the challenge?

Coach - does your weather prediction really even need to be mentioned?

JelloPow - for putting Taj on the catching & defending part of the challenge and Stephen on the launching end.

Production - for only one toilet. & was it really as close to the Charmin Bar as it appeared to be?
(but props too for knowing that after that much coffee the toilet was going to be necessary)

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-09, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
I have four Contestant Gufus and one Coach Gufu to hand out:

The Coach Gufu is his claim to know that the storm will pass over when it obviously didn't.

And here are my four Contestant Gufus:

1. Taj for her outburst. That put a huge target on your back! Luckily, the others wanted to get rid of Spencer and not you.

2. Debbie for not going faster on the balance beam. That cost Timbira Reward.

3. Taj, for giving Stephen the Hidden Immunity Idol. You should've kept it for yourself. Luckily, you didn't need it -- yet. Just get it back asap.

4. Jalapao and Timbira for the placement of some of their tribesmates in the Immunity Challenge.

Belle Book

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-13-09, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
To all the survivors that didn't figure out to unwind them more slowly so they wouldn't be so dizzy. The time they spent orienting themselves may have been averted.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-09, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"

Production: Giving us a preview of a challenge that wasn't shown:

When did this happen?

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-09, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
You're right, there were two big boxes in team colors between and behind the team spindles. I'm thinking that was part two of the challenge and since Jalapao won both they just edited. Jeff's voice over could have fit the tug-o-war part too.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-09, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
Zoom in close on JT and see if he's missing a tooth yet.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-09, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
Heh, but the tooth was lost during the immunity challenge while this pic would be from the reward challenge, no?

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-09, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
Maybe this is just re-loading the RC spinner.

I hate when there are deleted scenes like this that seem to mean something. Could there have been a tie in the RC, and this was used as a tie-breaker? I know that was done in Parvati's original season during the mud challenge when two individuals tied. I don't really see how it would have applied to this RC though.

Hopefully we will learn more during the reCrap episode.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
I wouldn't count on that, though we may cull a few more gufus from some of what's revealed.

And let me join everyone in giving a big raspberry Production Gufu vote to using footage in promos that never appear in the episodes!

Anyway, thanks to Max (for starting this one) and by (for standing by as back-up)! Still having connection problems, unfortunately.

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-25-09, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
I'm late with my Gufus this week but then again since I was totally devastated that BB would pre-empt Survivor I've not been quite normal for the past 7 days

Ok - to the task!

Taj - Oh my god! Could you possibly not have found a spot to tuck that idol somewhere?

Production - you pre-empted for Basket Ball??????

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •