URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3920
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-13-09 at 12:09 PM
Since dabo's computer is on the fritz, someone needs to start this thread on his behalf. And I nominate myself.

The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Except for Coach; Coach gets his own special Coach Gufus. Should you notice any gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are
Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

This week you have four (4) Contestant votes, unlimited (unlimited) Coach votes, and two (2) Production votes.

Contestant #1: Timbits, for assigning Sierra to guard J. T. in the IC. That didn't work out too well.

Contestant #2: Taj, just for being Taj. Upset or not, was that outburst really necessary?

agman's helping me survive

Table of contents
  • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,jbug, 02:23 PM, 03-13-09
  • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,Belle Book, 04:17 PM, 03-13-09
  • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,aquariaqueen, 05:37 PM, 03-13-09
  • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,michel, 01:36 AM, 03-14-09
    • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,suzzee, 08:46 AM, 03-14-09
    • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,jbug, 06:03 PM, 03-15-09
      • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,PepeLePew13, 06:53 AM, 03-17-09
    • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,byoffer, 11:39 AM, 03-23-09
      • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,dabo, 12:37 PM, 03-23-09
  • RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5,ajglitch, 07:51 AM, 03-25-09

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S18 Gufu Awards: Week 5"
Posted by jbug on 03-13-09 at 02:23 PM
Taj - for giving your HII to Stephen to "hold" for you. According to Jeffy, if it's in his position, it's his. You're putting too much trust in someone you hardly know.

Spencer - so what exactly was wrong with you in the challenge?

Coach - does your weather prediction really even need to be mentioned?

JelloPow - for putting Taj on the catching & defending part of the challenge and Stephen on the launching end.

Production - for only one toilet. & was it really as close to the Charmin Bar as it appeared to be?
(but props too for knowing that after that much coffee the toilet was going to be necessary)

Posted by Belle Book on 03-13-09 at 04:17 PM
I have four Contestant Gufus and one Coach Gufu to hand out:

The Coach Gufu is his claim to know that the storm will pass over when it obviously didn't.

And here are my four Contestant Gufus:

1. Taj for her outburst. That put a huge target on your back! Luckily, the others wanted to get rid of Spencer and not you.

2. Debbie for not going faster on the balance beam. That cost Timbira Reward.

3. Taj, for giving Stephen the Hidden Immunity Idol. You should've kept it for yourself. Luckily, you didn't need it -- yet. Just get it back asap.

4. Jalapao and Timbira for the placement of some of their tribesmates in the Immunity Challenge.

Belle Book

Posted by aquariaqueen on 03-13-09 at 05:37 PM
To all the survivors that didn't figure out to unwind them more slowly so they wouldn't be so dizzy. The time they spent orienting themselves may have been averted.

Posted by michel on 03-14-09 at 01:36 AM

Production: Giving us a preview of a challenge that wasn't shown:

When did this happen?

Posted by suzzee on 03-14-09 at 08:46 AM
You're right, there were two big boxes in team colors between and behind the team spindles. I'm thinking that was part two of the challenge and since Jalapao won both they just edited. Jeff's voice over could have fit the tug-o-war part too.

Posted by jbug on 03-15-09 at 06:03 PM
Zoom in close on JT and see if he's missing a tooth yet.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-17-09 at 06:53 AM
Heh, but the tooth was lost during the immunity challenge while this pic would be from the reward challenge, no?

Posted by byoffer on 03-23-09 at 11:39 AM
Maybe this is just re-loading the RC spinner.

I hate when there are deleted scenes like this that seem to mean something. Could there have been a tie in the RC, and this was used as a tie-breaker? I know that was done in Parvati's original season during the mud challenge when two individuals tied. I don't really see how it would have applied to this RC though.

Hopefully we will learn more during the reCrap episode.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Posted by dabo on 03-23-09 at 12:37 PM
I wouldn't count on that, though we may cull a few more gufus from some of what's revealed.

And let me join everyone in giving a big raspberry Production Gufu vote to using footage in promos that never appear in the episodes!

Anyway, thanks to Max (for starting this one) and by (for standing by as back-up)! Still having connection problems, unfortunately.

Posted by ajglitch on 03-25-09 at 07:51 AM
I'm late with my Gufus this week but then again since I was totally devastated that BB would pre-empt Survivor I've not been quite normal for the past 7 days

Ok - to the task!

Taj - Oh my god! Could you possibly not have found a spot to tuck that idol somewhere?

Production - you pre-empted for Basket Ball??????