The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"That's it"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-23-06, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: That's it"
I get your point, Wacko, but following your logic, Andy should never have been fired in the Kelley season. There were loads of people who thought that Kelley and another older contestant were not as qualified as Andy, and that the two of them tried to steamroll Andy in a number of tasks and public presentations (by ignoring or stealing his ideas or by trying to keep him down).

Some people thought that in spite of Andy's youth, he was simply better than some of the older candidates. (At least that is a strongly stated opinion that I saw on these boards.)

I also noted that in that situation, few people, Kelley-supporters in particular, suggested that Kelley, at 37, was far too old to be an apprentice. People said he was boring, but I did not recall seeing any arguments that suggested that his age should eliminate him from being The Donald's apprentice.

The Donald's son ended up hiring Andy post-season. This suggests that Andy was pretty good at something...I admit that I could see Burnett and The Donald giving Andy the job, because, apparently, he is a bright, productive young person--even compared to his main competition (Kelley).

My comments (here and in earlier notes to you from last season) go to the way that Burnett skewed the editing to create a fiction that Randal was incompetent. That season was a low point for me, because the idea that someone of Randal's background could be less good than the Rebecca that they showed us on television was quite frankly, ludicrous. It simply does not compute. (Of course, that's my position, and I respect your completely different take on this.)

I was also struck by any arguments that Randal's age should disqualify him from being The Apprentice, especially given the analyses that I read about why it was a good thing that Robot Kelley became The Apprentice in his season. He was, during his competition, older than Randal.

It is for these reasons that, at least for me, last season was a low point, and this season, while definitely bad, is not as bad as that. But Mark Burnett may throw another curve ball and end up treating other candidates as horribly as he treated Brent in the editing process. His shallow editing process is destroying what once was a pretty good show.

--Singer

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 That's it   prosecutor     03-21-06       
   RE: That's it   newsomewayne     03-21-06     1  
     RE: That's it   Wacko Jacko     03-21-06     2  
   RE: That's it   LisaPles     03-21-06     3  
     RE: That's it   dafnaf     03-21-06     10  
     RE: That's it   RonReports     03-21-06     12  
         RE: That's it   seahorse     03-23-06     28  
   RE: That's it   singer     03-21-06     4  
     RE: That's it   LisaPles     03-21-06     5  
     RE: That's it   Wacko Jacko     03-22-06     14  
         RE: That's it   singer     03-23-06     25  
             RE: That's it   Wacko Jacko     03-23-06     26  
             RE: That's it   LIVEURBESTLIFE     03-25-06     30  
                 RE: That's it   Wacko Jacko     03-27-06     31  
   RE: That's it   jackandjill     03-21-06     6  
   Why was Brent even ON this show   mjpj2000     03-21-06     7  
     RE: Why was Brent even ON this show   Estee     03-21-06     8  
     RE: Why was Brent even ON this show   prosecutor     03-21-06     9  
   RE: That's it   tinkerer     03-21-06     11  
     RE: That's it   newsomewayne     03-22-06     15  
         Disagree without bashing, Wayne   Bebo     03-22-06     20  
     RE: That's it   saranita     03-22-06     18  
     RE: That's it   dafnaf     03-22-06     21  
   RE: That's it   ItsyBitsy     03-22-06     13  
   RE: That's it   nomadic_mouse     03-22-06     16  
     RE: That's it   LakerLuv     03-22-06     17  
         RE: That's it   big brutha     03-22-06     19  
             RE: That's it   LakerLuv     03-22-06     22  
                 RE: That's it   big brutha     03-23-06     23  
                     RE: That's it   LakerLuv     03-23-06     29  
             RE: That's it   tinkerer     03-23-06     24  
                 RE: That's it   Backster     03-23-06     27  
                     RE: That's it   Wacko Jacko     03-27-06     32  
                     RE: That's it   tinkerer     03-27-06     33  
                         RE: That's it   Backster     03-27-06     34  
                             RE: That's it   tinkerer     03-27-06     35  
                                 RE: That's it   Backster     03-27-06     36  
                                     Backster and Tinkerer, I'm enjoying...   singer     03-27-06     37  
                                     RE: That's it   LIVEURBESTLIFE     03-27-06     38  
                                         RE: That's it   Backster     03-27-06     39  
                                             Brent's firing   tinkerer     03-27-06     40  
                                             RE: Brent's firing   LIVEURBESTLIFE     03-27-06     41  
                                             RE: Helpers vs Candidates   tinkerer     03-27-06     42  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •