The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

debar 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail debar Click to send private message to debar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
On the official TEA website (cbs.com/amazingrace), Drew and Kevin had been out in front in the popularity poll (89% -- better than Pres. Bush). All of a sudden, this week, they dropped down to 53% - lower than Pat and Brenda.

These guys are tops with me. What, did the Guidos (or the lawyers, who I still don't trust), tell all their friends to vote against the Festers? Could this be -- dare I say it -- because they're resentful that the Festers won?!

What do you all think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... Cole 11-15-01 1
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... heymikey 11-17-01 2
   RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... debar 11-17-01 3
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... Loree 11-17-01 4
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... zahadumguy 11-17-01 5
   RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... heymikey 11-17-01 8
   RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... Whiz 11-22-01 15
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... zeako 11-17-01 6
   RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... heymikey 11-17-01 7
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... zeako 11-18-01 9
   RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... mark grace 11-18-01 10
       RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... Cole 11-19-01 11
           RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... sleeeve 11-19-01 13
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... katem 11-19-01 12
 RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popula... pokey 11-22-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-01, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
I think it's a mistake. The same thing happened to David and Margaretta, they were at 90% one week and then 56% the next, or similar. It was corrected and there was no evidence of the decrease in popularity.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-17-01, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
Umm...I'm not sure if you are really this naive but nobody can't please anybody at the same time. Even Princess Diana and Mother Theresa had their share of critics. Besides, just because you love Kevin and Drew doesn't mean that everybody feels (or should feel) the same way. The entire world doesn't share how you feel and don't expect it to.

debar 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-17-01, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail debar Click to send private message to debar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
But everyone did share my feelings, until last week. Then, there was (1) a sudden change of heart, (2) a technical error, or (3) an organized campaign to vote the Festers down.

As for your theory that nobody can please everyone, just remember... nobody doesn't love Sara Lee.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-01, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
I've never voted on that site. I wouldn't put too much stock in what it says. At different times different fans are going to go crazy voting for their picks.

zahadumguy 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-17-01, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zahadumguy Click to send private message to zahadumguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
Well I sure don't think their India experience helped them. They were the true Ugly Americans there.

Also, I'm surprised that their underhanded attempt to help Mom and the Amazing Twins find the fast forward didn't cause much of an upcry on the boards. I guess if you cheat to help a popular team it's okay.

11-17-01, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
>>> I guess if you cheat to help a popular team it's okay.

Yup, it doesn't take a sociologist to figure that one out.

Whiz 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-22-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Whiz Click to send private message to Whiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
>Also, I'm surprised that their underhanded
>attempt to help Mom and
>the Amazing Twins find the
>fast forward didn't cause much
>of an upcry on the
>boards. I guess if
>you cheat to help a
>popular team it's okay.

Yeah, I was a little surprised by Fester's actions too regarding the Fast Forward. But what did they really do? It wasn't as if Momily could just take off with the information. They still had to check-out at their appointed time where they were going to get the FF info anyway. The way the show was being run through most of the middle episodes teams were going to be reaching the next tasks at about the same time. There was no unfair advantage they gained.

It was a non-issue. That's why it wasn't discussed.

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
To drop from 90% all the way down to 53% in one or two weeks is almost unfathomable. This occured after the poll had been up for over eight weeks. It would take an incredible number of votes to drop their popularity in half(and virtually all would have to be negative votes). This would have made sense after one or two weeks when not many votes had been cast but after eight weeks? It would be like Bush holding 55% of the popular vote before the Hawaii votes are counted. Wow look at that, Hawaii has pushed his popular vote down to 50%!?

The math here is quite puzzling.

11-17-01, 10:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
>>> To drop from 90% all the way down to 53% in one or two weeks is almost unfathomable

Such drastic changes in the CBS polls is possible. If you've watched Big Brother 2, Will's popularity jumped from 18% (which is comparable to the Guido's popularity) to 81%. Besides, these polls are not scientific (isn't it obvious?) so I don't think you can compare the CBS poll to the presidential poll.

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
While I certainly don't take everything the CBS propaganda machine puts out as the indisputable truth, a simple online poll seems like something that would be easy to get right.

"these polls are not scientific"
It is my understanding that the website takes the number of positive votes and divides it by the total number of votes to get the popularity. Are you telling me CBS fudges the numbers in these popularity polls? If so why the dip in the Jerky Boys popularity?

mark grace 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-18-01, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mark%20grace Click to send private message to mark%20grace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
kevin and drew are gentlemen the amount of times they have helped other teams with plane tickets and train tickets is amzing but the Frats now know that they are near the end and they can't give away things even to their friends..

Notice how they said we can't help them find the card. The Frats now know that helping someone else will now damage there chances of winning the whole race.

They are nice but like every other team they are competitive.

Go Frats make sure you keep the competitve edge and make sure Guido doesn't pass you.... MAKE SURE...

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-19-01, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
Lately I've noticed that people around here are getting so disrespectful and downright rude towards other people's opinions. We all have our favorite contestants and our disliked contestants. No one expects everyone to agree with everyone, but there's such bitterness in some people's posts lately. I guess the good thing about this is that it shows viewers are very passionate about their teams, and whatever can be done to build up interest in the show is great.

I agree with the above posters in that there is NO WAY this late in the game that popularity can be adjusted that drastically. Will's popularity increased over a long period of time, almost two months. Early on, his popularity tanked because there were very few votes cast. With the Festers, after 2 months, it is mathematically improbable. The score is an average of the rating, i.e. a 90% rating means that the average click for the Festers was a "9". Therefore, assume that 1000 votes have been cast to date for the Festers. They had an average of a 9, which means that 1000 x 9 = 9000 "points". In order to get down to 50%, there would have had to been cast another 1000 votes with a score of "1", because then they have 2000 votes and 10000 points, with an average score of 5. Plus, this assumes that only 1,000 votes have been cast, there may be many more. To have as many votes cast in one week as in 2 months seems highly unlikely. So I think this is a mistake which will be corrected. The grandparents had the same error and it was fixed.

Debar, I agree, many many people share your feelings about the Festers and the same was true of the grandparents. Zahadum, I disagree with you that they "cheated" by telling Momily about the fast forward. There's nothing that says teams cannot work together. Momily cannot leave until their appointed time anyhow. The Lawyers tried to get Frangarita to read out the clue early as well when they were in France.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-19-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
>Lately I've noticed that people around
>here are getting so disrespectful
>and downright rude towards other
>people's opinions.

I did not see anything rude or disrespectful in the post you replied to... however if you find a post to be extremely rude and/or disrespectful, feel free to use the "Alert" feature to notify the moderators about the problem.

>With the Festers, after 2
>months, it is mathematically improbable.

Actually, the poll is reset every single episode... therefore, there is no long-term average. For example, if the Festers do well in an episode, you'd expect to see a high score during the next week... if they do poorly or are offensive, they would likely have a lower score... The sudden drop reflects the opinions of a fickle audience, not a CBS conspiracy.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-19-01, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
First of all, my experiences with the official TAR CBS site has been pretty bad, full of technical difficulties, too many for me to start counting now, so I would not be at all surprised if the popularity percentages are way off. It has to be a mistake.

As for the Festers, even though I respect everyone's opinion and can understand it (they seem like very decent and kind guys), personally, after a while they grate on my nerves, almost as much as Crazy Man does. But I will agree that they deserve to win more than the Guidos do.

pokey 58 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-01, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pokey Click to send private message to pokey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Why has Drew and Kevin's popularity tanked?"
their popularity looks like it was a typo since the chart now shows them staying up in the 70-90 range all the way through. Karyn and Lenny's population has nosedived.. big surprise.. not!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •