The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-06, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 01:24 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 01:19 AM (EST)

I am officially done with this show, I will not watch anymore of this show, when someone with true talent get kicked off over a NOVELTY act, an overly arrogant prissy singer and a guy with a spotty track record. I do not care for any of the other singers. I was really looking forward to watching the rest of the season but I cant bring myself to watch it anymore. I bet Chris will outsell all of those other "singers."

I can look on the bright side, I have just been given back 4.5 hrs of my life!!!

I look forward to discussing American Idol with you guys next year!!!

American Idol 5 will go down as the WORST AI EVER!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON bob_chester 05-11-06 1
   WARNING - bob_chester Bebo 05-11-06 10
       RE: WARNING - bob_chester bob_chester 05-11-06 15
           RE: WARNING - bob_chester Bebo 05-11-06 21
               RE: WARNING - bob_chester nailbone 05-11-06 31
                   RE: WARNING - bob_chester emydi 05-11-06 39
                       RE: WARNING - bob_chester nailbone 05-11-06 51
               RE: WARNING - bob_chester tenmeters 05-12-06 64
                   RE: WARNING - bob_chester Iconoclastic 05-12-06 66
               RE: WARNING - bob_chester bob_chester 05-12-06 65
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON aifan2006 05-11-06 24
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON MamaD55 05-12-06 73
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON sylvester 05-11-06 2
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON KoalaChick 05-11-06 3
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON BHoneycutt 05-11-06 4
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON dingdong thankgodhesgone 05-11-06 5
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Twinkles 05-11-06 6
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON 1ponygirl 05-11-06 22
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON geekboy 05-11-06 12
 An interesting twist... singer 05-11-06 7
   RE: An interesting twist... PagongRatEater 05-11-06 9
       RE: An interesting twist... bob_chester 05-11-06 18
   RE: An interesting twist... LisaPles 05-11-06 13
   RE: An interesting twist... aquariaqueen 05-11-06 14
       RE: An interesting twist... singer 05-11-06 27
   RE: An interesting twist... nycwoman 05-12-06 85
       WARNING - nycwoman Bebo 05-15-06 92
       agree tenmeters 05-16-06 97
 It's very simple. PagongRatEater 05-11-06 8
   RE: It's very simple. geekboy 05-11-06 11
   RE: It's very simple. bob_chester 05-11-06 16
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON bob_chester 05-11-06 17
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Awnrybird 05-11-06 19
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON anotherkim 05-11-06 34
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON steelmagnolya 05-11-06 20
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON geekboy 05-11-06 23
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON steelmagnolya 05-11-06 25
       Maybe they can rig it... singer 05-11-06 26
           RE: Maybe they can rig it... nailbone 05-11-06 29
               RE: Maybe they can rig it... geekboy 05-11-06 30
                   RE: Maybe they can rig it... nailbone 05-11-06 32
                   But, wait and consider this... singer 05-11-06 35
                       RE: But, wait and consider this... geekboy 05-11-06 41
                           RE: But, wait and consider this... singer 05-11-06 48
               RE: Maybe they can rig it... Iconoclastic 05-11-06 40
                   RE: Maybe they can rig it... tamarama 05-12-06 74
                       RE: Maybe they can rig it... Iconoclastic 05-12-06 79
                           RE: Maybe they can rig it... Magnolia_Rocker 05-12-06 80
               RE: Maybe they can rig it... tenmeters 05-16-06 96
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON anotherkim 05-11-06 37
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON geekboy 05-11-06 42
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON nycwoman 05-12-06 86
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON melmo 05-11-06 28
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON jaimenagy 05-11-06 33
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON anotherkim 05-11-06 38
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON candrews922 05-11-06 36
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON geekboy 05-11-06 43
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON EvelynisObsessed 05-11-06 45
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON emydi 05-11-06 44
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON geekboy 05-11-06 46
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON emydi 05-11-06 52
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Glow 05-11-06 53
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Devious Weasel 05-11-06 47
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Iconoclastic 05-11-06 49
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON emydi 05-11-06 54
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON geg6 05-11-06 50
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Glow 05-11-06 55
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON sylvester 05-11-06 56
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON anotherkim 05-11-06 57
           RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON priestdi 05-11-06 58
               RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON geg6 05-12-06 76
                   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Devious Weasel 05-12-06 77
           RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON sylvester 05-11-06 59
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Devious Weasel 05-12-06 69
           RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON sylvester 05-12-06 70
               RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Devious Weasel 05-12-06 75
                   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON sylvester 05-12-06 78
                       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Devious Weasel 05-12-06 81
                           RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON sylvester 05-12-06 82
                               RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON anotherkim 05-12-06 83
                                   Stop it, all of you Bebo 05-13-06 87
                                       RE: Stop it, all of you anotherkim 05-13-06 88
                                       RE: Stop it, all of you sylvester 05-13-06 89
                                   could not agree more tenmeters 05-16-06 95
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON babymwamwa 05-11-06 60
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON kcp 05-11-06 61
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON emydi 05-11-06 62
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON PagongRatEater 05-15-06 93
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON Fishercat 05-11-06 63
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON aifan2006 05-12-06 67
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON jags 05-12-06 68
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON MamaD55 05-12-06 71
   RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON sylvester 05-12-06 72
       RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON priestdi 05-12-06 84
           RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON anotherkim 05-13-06 90
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON stormy_rain1 05-15-06 91
 RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON zazzy 05-15-06 94

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-06, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww
He should have been kicked off weeks ago.
Everybody can whine now how the wonderful Chris is no longer there. he he he he he
Bad loosers on this board. Get your heads out of your butts and listen to the singers. lol
Chris was the weakest link goodbye. lol

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "WARNING - bob_chester "
Bashing other posters is not permitted on this forum. You are welcome to post a dissenting opinion, as long as you can do so without insulting other posters.

05-11-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
I will try to contol myself but how come they are not warned when they bash me? they do all the time. Just cause I am not regular I get singled out.
Anyway I love all the whinning about poor Chris. lol I love it!
Have a super fantastic day!

05-11-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
The reason you're warned? Because posters follow the appropriate procedure for alerting the moderators. Our guidelines tell posters how to let us know when there's a problem.

It doesn't matter how many posts a person has - if a poster violates the guidelines, and the moderators are alerted to that fact, the issue will be addressed. But do not assume that moderators are going to read every single post on every single forum (we have over 70, you know) and find every single guideline violation. Do your part, alert the mods, and then let us handle it.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
Yep, I've had my hand slapped before, and you can tell by my count up there, I'm not new around here.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
I think you've gotten more than just your hand slapped in OT...ifyouknowwhatimean

With respect to the topic of this thread...I'll still watch..I just won't like it as much...maybe I'll just find everything wrong with each of their performances and compare how Chris would do ...I was really looking forward to Chris being given a few songs to sing...oh well..I'll just wait for his kick-a$$ CD

Bitter, I'm not bitter...

05-11-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
Hey now!!! Never convicted. Never CON.VIC.TED.

Sig by Slice

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
i may be wrong. but sometimes, i feel the same way that bob chester does.
i know it's hard for the moderators to monitor everything but it seems a lot easier for the 'veterans' to bash other posters and then get away with it unscathed.

again, i maybe wrong.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
Well, Bob is just begging to be banned but I don't think you are wrong at all.

05-12-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
65. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
Well I would not complain about anybody for something like that. I am an adult I know this is al just BS. lol
But you did prove my point about bad losers. lol
Get ready for the alerts!!!!

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
It's simple, I hear alot of complaining but Chris fans let him down by not voting for him enough, he had the least amount of votes, alot of Chris fans must have turned the show off relaxed and not voted figuring other people would vote for him. The real problem is Elliot,people expected him to leave last night but he sang so great he got far more votes then usual and so somebody else had to go. I agree by Tuesdays nights performances Kat should have gone, but it still comes down to the votes, Chris did'nt get enough.

MamaD55 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MamaD55 Click to send private message to MamaD55 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
No, it's not that simple. I tried for half an hour to get through on both of Chris's lines. They were busy or I got a "your call did not go through" message. I truly believe there is a gliche in the system. Chris , was not let down by his fans; the system failed. When people report other idols thanking them on a line that was designated to Chris....there is a problem with the system. American Idol should do a recount and admit a mistake was made and bring Chris back!

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Not everyone thinks Chris is a 'true talent'. I thought he did really poorly last night on both songs, and personally I find him boring. I am surprised he got the boot though, I thought it should be and would be Kat.

I also don't agree that AI5 will go down as the worst ever. I think AI3 holds that title, lol. All in all, I thought they got a great final 12 this year.

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Queene, it's ok. The title means far less than the exposure, and Chris got plenty of it. The record labels will be fighting over him, he'll be a gazillionaire, and you'll get to buy all of his CDs. It's a win-win. Being crowned American Idol is not the destination, it's the journey. Now come on back and watch the fun, see who sings what, and put your money on another horse.

BHoneycutt 119 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BHoneycutt Click to send private message to BHoneycutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I'll agree with the original poster that Chris will outsell any of the other contestants. He has one of the sexiest voices I have ever heard. His voice reminds me of the lead singer from 3 Doors Down. My knees get weak when I hear either one of them sing! I know that this is just the beginning of a very successful career for Chris Daughtry and know that he will have more record contract offers than he can shake a stick at! I will be the first one in line to buy his albums!

I feel a little silly admitting it but I friggin' CRIED when they announced Chris was going home. I have never loved a reality show contestant like I love Chris. He came across as a wonderful and devoted husband and father, which is so endearing! I noticed one of his kids had on a NC State cap tonight, which is my husband's alma mater. GO PACK! I told my husband I was sorry for getting so upset about Chris leaving because I'm sure if he would have cried when Pickler left, I would've been fuming!

No disrespect to Elliott, but WTF?

I thought Taylor was unique and refreshing in the beginning but now I'm kind of bored with his act.

Chris and Kat have always been my pick for the top two, hoping Chris would win it all but wondering if he would want to get stuck in a contract with AI. Some poster say that he wouldn't have auditioned if that's not what he wanted but how else could he have gotten this kind of exposure? I think Bo Bice had said that he was glad to place second so he wasn't binded to the show's contract. I'm hoping Chris had the same thoughts so the guy isn't too crushed. I think he is phenomenal and I hope he realizes just how awesome he is!

Katherine has a beautiful, angelic voice so I'll start rooting for her to win it all.

Here's to hoping and praying Chris releases an album SOON!

dingdong thankgodhesgone 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 05:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dingdong%20thankgodhesgone Click to send private message to dingdong%20thankgodhesgone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
THIS A COPY OF THE PETITION, WHAT A JOKE. I FOR ONE NEVER THOUGHT CHRIS WOULD WIN. IF 90% THOUGHT HE WOULD WIN, THEN WHY IS HE GONE???? If 90% thought he should win then he should have received 90% of the vote last night.
THIS IS GETTING REALLY STUPID.
Chris actually needed only 25% of the votes to stay on the show. If his so-called fans couldn’t get 25%, then they have no business whining.

To: American Idol and FOX
Hello Chris Daughtry Fans! This petition is from the hearts of us. We feel that Chris was wrongly kicked off of American Idol on May 10th, 2006. We, the fans of Chris Daughtry, demand American Idol and Fox to do a Recount on the Votes. Ask anyone who they thought was going to win American Idol this year, and 90% of them would say CHRIS DAUGHTRY. We are shocked and saddened that this has happened. This is a HUGE mistake. Recount the votes American Idol, Recount the votes Fox. You will be greatly surprised that Chris Daughtry should have remained in the competition. If a Recount is not done, with the signatures from all of the Chris Daughtry Fans demanding one, it will only PROVE, that this show is rigged. Please, give us a recount and bring Chris back. HE IS OUR AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!! If you agree with this petition, PLEASE, the Fans urge you to sign it and pass it along to anyone you know who LOVES Chris as much as we do. WE LOVE YOU CHRIS, OUR AMERICAN IDOL!! AND WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU TO BE THE OFFICIAL AMERICAN IDOL!!!

Sincerely,

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-11-06, 05:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Petitioning doesn't make sense. The original "petition" came in the form of phone calls after the Elvis show. I called in for Elliott. I think he's a great singer. I thought Chris would have even more fans but I was rooting for the underdog; it's what I do. Anyway, the phone lines were busy for Elliot all the way through the 2 hour call in period. I got through intermittently but it was frequently busy time and time again.

I post on another message board. Someone who was rabidly dialing for Chris said when she was dialing toward the end of the 2 hours only 1/3 times was it busy.

This is a report of only two callers but it appears there just weren't as many people calling in for Chris.

It's like any election. All eligible voters need to vote while the polls are open. Maybe there was too much confidence that he would go through.

I think Elliott is a wonderful, expressive, moving R&B singer. I think Chris is a powerful, talented, alternative rock singer. I wish they could have both gone through and Taylor and Katherine could have gone home.

1ponygirl 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1ponygirl Click to send private message to 1ponygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
It seems pretty obvious that Elliot came in on Tues. as the underdog, did an amazing job and split the vote, taking votes away from Chris. I voted for Elliot, for the first time all season. I've never voted for Chris, I assumed he'd win, and I was confident he had enough votes...I think Kat will probably pay for Chris' early exit, and that's fine with me, as she was never a true amateur (same with Paris--loved her, but mom's a singer, Grandmom is a famous singer, c'mon...give some of us mere mortals a chance!)

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-11-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
HEHEHE...

This is one of the funniest posts ever. Thanks for the morning chuckle!

geekboy

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "An interesting twist..."
I was surprised that he got the boot last night.

That being said, I do not like the way that he screams in his neck. Bo, on the other hand, is a consummate rock artist, and I would have been thrilled if he had won last year. Bottom line for me is that it is a good idea for AI to crown a rocker, but they need to crown someone who sings well across genres (the show's requirement) and who exhibits some technique.

Chris is a bit limited in both of those categories. And because of that, he became boring for me. (I liked him at the beginning of the season. I liked him very much.)

Kat and Elliott are the best technical singers left. Taylor is all-around the best entertainer. I like all three of them, and I'll be happy if any of them wins.

--Singer

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: An interesting twist..."
Kat and Elliott are the best technical singers left. Taylor is all-around the best entertainer. I like all three of them, and I'll be happy if any of them wins.

I agree 100% although my rankings would definitely put Elliott last of the three.

But, the four of us had a great time.

05-11-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
18. "RE: An interesting twist..."
I think Elliot has been getting better the last few week.
I would not mind if Elliot or Taylor won. Kat is good but she does not seem exciting to me. To each his own I guess

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: An interesting twist..."
>...I do not
>like the way that he
>screams in his neck.
>Bo, on the other hand,
>is a consummate rock artist,
>and I would have been
>thrilled if he had won
>last year.

I totally agree with you that Bo was incredibly talented and in a different league than Chris as far as vocal ability is concerned. He should have won last year, instead we had to watch Carrie Underwear win the thing. I thought she sucked. Ugh, what a joke that was!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: An interesting twist..."
Happy 500, Singer!!!

05-11-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: An interesting twist..."
Thanks, Aquariaqueen.

--Singer

nycwoman 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nycwoman Click to send private message to nycwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
85. "RE: An interesting twist..."
Kat has a good voice, but not a great one. She's not a good singer yet. She needs a lot more training to even out her voice. She strains and shows little emotion. If you don't look at her and just listen to her voice, it's not very compelling to listen to. Her tones are all over the place and there's no consistency.

I'm sorry to say that if you think Kat is a good singer and you call yourself a singer, you should probably take some lessons and become a better singer yourself. It could only help. I'm not trying to be nasty either, only helpful. If you work on your own voice, you'll see how flawed and annoying Kat's lack of technique really is.

I've had over 10 years of vocal training and I cringe when she sings. But she's a beautiful young woman and she could get a lot better if she got herself a voice teacher who knows their stuff. Her mom does not.

05-15-06, 07:56 AM (EST)
92. "WARNING - nycwoman "
Please read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. Bashing other posters is not permitted here. It doesn't matter if you claim expertise in a particular area - that still does not give you the right to insult other posters on this forum for having a different opinion.

05-16-06, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
97. "agree"
i cringe too when kat sings.
her performance just doesn't sound as bad because her pretty face largely covers it. you tend to look at her more than listen.

kat is just like jasmine trias who made good and very bad performances.

it's just amazing how people see kat as a good singer and jasmine a bad one. amazing

05-11-06, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "It's very simple."
Yes, Chris is a great singer, but most people - including many of his fans right here on this board - felt that he had a bottom two performance on Tuesday. Just objectively speaking, I think that most fair people would agree that the voters got the bottom two right.

After Katherine's performances it was very obvious that she was the boot target, so her fans rallied to her defense and in a spate of Save Our Favorite voting she was spared to sing another week.

Which just meant that the second worst, of this week, ended up getting the boot.

Does it suck that all it takes is one bad week to end your AI career? *I* think so. Is the process 100% fair? Maybe not. But the bottom line is this: Chris got the least number of votes this week and now he is gone according to the rules of the game. He played fair and well and he lost.

Chris is definitely going to be fine. Have no worries there.

05-11-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It's very simple."
I agree, PRE, you are exactly right.

But, we have the multitude of AI fans/bashers/etc who are convinced that the show is rigged, and that Chris was 'the annointed one' who could do no wrong.

I was trying to start a thread about this, but it was locked. What will these people say now? My guess is that they will take their claims of rigging, pimping, etc and direct it at Elliot.

All in all, even though i'll miss Chris on teh show, i find it extremely humorous.

The looks on the faces of Simon and Paula were priceless.

And the comments and reactions from Chris were equally telling.

geekboy

05-11-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
16. "RE: It's very simple."
As Tony the Tiger says Its Greeeeeeeeeeeat! That Chris got voted out. Yeah Baby

05-11-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
17. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Chris was the "NOVELTY act!" So boring!

Awnrybird 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Awnrybird Click to send private message to Awnrybird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG ! Did the phone-in system break down? Did someone sabatoge the system? I cannot believe that this happen. Chris Daughtry was the absolute best on the show. HANDS DOWN ! I have lost all hope for this show, the system and if its true the general public wouldnt know talent if Elvis himself come up and bit'em in the ---. I cannot beleive this horse----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fox had better have a recount if they want to keep viewers. Freakin UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!
Can you beleive that someone who was told over and over about pitch problems is actually still there over Chris? I dont believe Chris was told one time about any pitch problems. SICK

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"

People didn't vote for him. It's not particularly hard to figure out. I, for one, never dreamed he would go home this week. I'm sure others figured he was safe and didn't vote (I did actually try). Elliott's fans were probably worried since he was the underdog. Katherine's fans were in a panic since she screwed up. Taylor's fans are already fanactical with voting. There is no need for a recount.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--It was never about who was the best singer.

steelmagnolya 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steelmagnolya Click to send private message to steelmagnolya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
The tragedy here you guys is that one can get so wrapped up in this reality show forgetting that it is just that - a reality show that is really not that real. All of them are actors -Randy, Simon, Paula & Ryan. And I believe they are all in on it.

I have said it before, Simon & Simon run things and they keep it interesting. You have to be extremely dillusional to believe these music industry execs would allow America to choose their cash cow. They deliver the ratings by shocking and wowing the audience.

Chris was never going to win because his genre of music would not make them millions. Carrie coasted because she would make them millions. I still don't understand their gamble with Ruben, but they made up for it with Clay's record sales. If a poll was taken, half of America would express their dislike for Fantasia (still after all of this time). Yet, she won because I suppose they needed a "female R&B" money maker.

I have watched this show from a distance for a while and thought from the beginning that it was rigged. I would never get so attached to it because I hate to fall prey to being manipulated into believing that my vote counts - yeah right.

Look at the bright side. Chris (Mandisa & Paris too) is better off not being in the final 2 because he won't have to be prisoner of that contract and compromise by making sappy music. Look at the garbage Bo put out.

05-11-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
23. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I believe you are more wrapped up in it, in terms of your conspiracy theories, moreso than the people you claim are wrapped up in enjoy the show and the competition itself.

Do you truly believe that any major network channel like Fox could pull off having a 'rigged show' where they tell the audience every single week that it is their votes that determine who goes home, and ultimately who wins??

If it makes you feel better believing in that - then fine. But honestly think it over.

geekboy

steelmagnolya 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steelmagnolya Click to send private message to steelmagnolya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Honestly, geekboy the writting is on the wall. Simon and Simon have a contract that is locked with them having full control. A number of networks passed on AI, so yes for the millions they make off of advertising for this show I think this network is fine if noone ever questions what is really going on. And it is a reality show that is scripted so there is protection for the network. No, it's not the Miss America pageant where auditors monitor the voting. But I guarantee, no one will ever see what really goes on with the AI voting.

I am not angry about it or dreaming up conspiracy theories just because. I have family members in high places in the music industry (I am really not trying to be arrogant here). The music business is cut throat and they don't take gambles that could cost them millions. That is one of the reasons Simon has the upper hand in who he will bring under his contract.

Again, when good talent like Chris leaves the competition early I say good for them. He has the exposure so now he can use it to get a good deal.

05-11-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
26. "Maybe they can rig it..."
GB, I personally believe all "reality" shows are at least tweaked by the producers. There's no hard evidence to support my belief, so I often speculate about it on these boards.

I compare the outcomes to the television game shows of the 1950s, which were shown to be completely rigged. If producers could rig shows then, they certainly can manipulate outcomes now.

Given the advances of technology, current voter participation rates may be accurate, but if the producers keep the votes secret until the moment they are revealed on television, anything can happen.

Another possibility is that the votes are accurate, but the producers edit the show and coach the judges to say things that will sway voter opinions prior to the actual vote. This likelihood seems most plausible to me.

Look at how long That Pickle lasted, even though she could not sing her way out of a brown paper bag, at least when compared to other finalists. (Bucky was far better, by my lights, even with his technical problems.) The producers wanted her on the show, because of her corn pone act. And they exploited it for ratings. Bottom line: she was not better than many of the finalists that were sent home before her. But she got plenty of support from some judges, Ryan, make-up artists, lighting people, etc.

So the rigging claims aren't completely off the mark, even though they are hard to prove, especially if one focuses on the way that producers can manipulate lighting, sound, staging or even what the judges say on camera.

That being said, Chris did not sound great to me the other night. I am still surprised that he got the boot instead of Kat.
--Singer

05-11-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
I compare the outcomes to the television game shows of the 1950s, which were shown to be completely rigged. If producers could rig shows then, they certainly can manipulate outcomes now.

But didn't those shows get nailed for it, making it next to impossible to pull off now?

Sig by Slice

05-11-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

Thank you, nailbone.

I am getting so dang sick of all the 'rigged' comments this season.

What nobody can tell me is - IF the show was rigged, and IF Chris was the annointed one, then how the heck was he voted off?

Now, y'all better go back to your 'Conspiracy Theory' files and get out the next one and start using that.

geekboy

05-11-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
I actually heard someone on the radio today use the fact that "golden boy" Chris was booted to support the "rigged" idea. She was just arguing against herself, basically, and it was quite comical.

Sig by Slice

05-11-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
35. "But, wait and consider this..."
Nailbone and GB, you're correct about the cheaters getting caught by censors in the 1950s. And going forward, there were certainly sustained efforts to regulate that kind of cheating on game shows.

I am focusing on the the way that computer hackers can use their advanced knowledge of technology to screw up computer systems and even steal people's identities. If hackers can do that, people within a network can also manipulate show outcomes without trying as hard as hackers do. I admit that this is a huge reach, but it crossed my mind, especially in light of reports about people successfully cheating and winning in lottery competitions using computers.

Producers can also manipulate outcomes to create an unexpected outcome like the one we witnessed last night. Making Chris the anointed one and then bringing him down could have been the producers' story arc. Chris did not have to know about any of this. But again, I acknowledge that this idea could be a huge reach.

It certainly makes no sense to me that Randy would parade about giving interviews about how this would be an all-boy final, unless he was trying to manipulate an outcome. The talent of the other girls in the competition (minus That Pickle)did not warrant such a comment. If the producers did not want him to say this, then they would have shut him up. So at least at a low level, it is completely plausible to me that there is some outcome manipulation occurring on this show.

Like I said, I was completely surprised when Chris got the ax, and I am not really a huge fan. For me, there is something slightly smelly about the outcome. The producers may have wanted to shock the audience into watching. You know, to create a buzz.

I'm thinking this, and I'm glad that Kat has a shot at the finals. It would be easier for me to proclaim loudly that she is the only one worth winning. But in all honesty, I know that this is not the case.

The bottom line for me is that the producers will do whatever it takes to make a buck. And if manipulating outcomes actively or benignly suits their purposes, I believe that they will do it.

(Record executives have been doing this kind of thing for years, when they decide to promote one artist and bury another. Look at what Berry Gordy did with Diana Ross and how he pushed the other lead singer in the background, even though her talent was greater.)

--Singer

05-11-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
41. "RE: But, wait and consider this..."
So, you're saying the judges shouldn't express what they THINK might happen to press, and in interviews?

And on the competition nights, they shouldn't say the same?

Then why have judges?

And now you are saying that making Chris the annointed one, then kicking him off was part of the rigging? That's simply laughable.

You're arguments really make no sense. If it is rigged, then why is Chris gone? I think Chris could have made Simon and his company a lot of money. If what you are saying is correct...then why were they "pimping" the heck out of Elliot on Tuesday?

You're arguing yourself into a corner. I simply do not believe that in 2006, and with the incredible pervasiveness of AI in the ratings...any rigging after 5 seasons would have been exposed.

geekboy

05-11-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
48. "RE: But, wait and consider this..."
I'm just presenting a possibility to highlight why people might be skeptical about the outcome. But I'm not arguing.

The bottom line for me, and I've said this before, is that all of the singers would make a great Idol, even with their current singing flaws, because they bring something different to the table. I include Chris in that category, even though he was not my personal favourite.

--Singer

05-11-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
But didn't those shows get nailed for it, making it next to impossible to pull off now?

Yes, it would be next to impossible to pull off now IF Idol was a game show which it isn't. As was learned during the Ruben-Clay controversy, Idol is categorized as an entertainment program like wrestling and not subject to oversight of any kind.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
>>not subject to oversight of any kind.<<

I find this a little difficult to believe -- I'm sure the contracts the contestants sign indicate some sort of "prize" or benefit going to the winner -- guaranteed contract, first release date, guaranteed representation, SOMETHING goes to the winner.

It's my understanding that any time there is a "prize" that's worth something, there are rules to be followed.

05-12-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
79. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
Scarborough Country transcript from April 26:

TOM O‘NEIL, “IN TOUCH WEEKLY”: Well, there have been 11,000 suspicious votes from a local telephone company relaying text messages on her behalf. And what make this a little shady is that, normally, there are phone charges that go with text messaging, so while these express people‘s votes locally, there maybe somebody picking up the charge, if there is a charge here.

Look, I asked the FCC just last year during the height of one of many voting scandals on the show if they were going to investigate this show, and they said, no, it is not an honest competition. Our actual policy is to consider...

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH: Wait, what do you mean? The government told you this is not an honest competition so they‘re not going to even bother investigating it?

O‘NEIL: Yes, they consider it entertainment, like professional wrestling.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12531745/

They write their own rules and one of those rules is listed as a disclaimer flashed very quickly at the end of the show stating that they can disregard vote totals and eliminate anyone they want whenever they want.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-12-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
>They write their own rules and
>one of those rules is
>listed as a disclaimer flashed
>very quickly at the end
>of the show stating that
>they can disregard vote totals
>and eliminate anyone they want
>whenever they want.

Are you kidding me? There is no way I'll ever believe that.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

05-16-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
96. "RE: Maybe they can rig it..."
am. idol is only 5 years old. i am sure an investigation/research is going on.

05-11-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I'm still confused as to who people think would make more money than Chris? IMO, he's by FAR more marketable than Taylor or Elliott or even Katherine unless they make her much more Kelly Clarksonesque.

The look on Simon's face said it ALL last night, IMO. He saw the millions that he was losing when Chris was booted go down the drain. No matter who wins, the sales for the winner of this year's American Idol winner's album will not be nearly as high as they could have been had Chris won.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--and Chris isn't even MY favorite.

05-11-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
42. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
exactly.

Then if the outcome is predetermined, or rigged, then why was Chris voted off last night?

geekboy

nycwoman 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nycwoman Click to send private message to nycwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
86. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I completely agree with you. The show is all about marketing and money for the owners of the show, and the votes are only a marketing tool. Four out of five seasons, there's total shock around the fourth person left voted off off the show. Season 1, Tamyra Gray gets knocked out in fourth, Season 3 it's LaToya, Season 4, it was Constantine. Shock every time. Not a coincidence, but a deliberate ploy to manipulate the American public. They tell you if only you voted more ... it's crap.

Ruben won because they needed a black male singer so people wouldn't say the show was racist. After Tamyra was voted off and Elton said the show was racist when Jennifer Hudson left, they had to give the winning spot to him. And they knew they could make some quick cash off Ruben but that in the longrun Clay was the bigger money maker. Within a couple of weeks after the end of the show, we were seeing Clay lots more often than Ruben.

melmo 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail melmo Click to send private message to melmo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I TOTALLY AGREE CHRIS IS THE ONLY REASON I WATCHED. I PICKED HIM TO WIN WHEN THEY WAS SHOWING PREVIEWS OF AMERICAN IDOL BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED. THE THREE LEFT ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT, CHRIS IS THE ONLY TRUE STAR AND THE REST DONT EVEN COME UP TO HIS LEVEL. I HOPE KAT WINS THAT WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR AMERICA THAT WAY ONCE AGAIN THE AMERICAN IDOL WONT EVER BE SEEN AGAIN. ALWAYS A CHRIS D. FAN !!!!!!!!!

jaimenagy 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jaimenagy Click to send private message to jaimenagy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
We are a group of individuals that have been following the 2006 season of American Idol from the begginning. We have made our own voting charts, watched, discussed, and and voted whom we thought could be the next American Idol. After last night's result show, we are shocked and devastated. We have no clue why Chris was choosen to leave the show. Elliot should have been given the boot. It is our opinion that a grave mistake has been made and that the votes should be recounted and checked for accuracy. Chris broke tradition, now we want American Idol and Fox 5 to break too and BRING CHRIS BACK!!
17 fans from Middletown, NY

05-11-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
38. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"

Did each of you vote nonstop? Did you send in text messages? Did you rally fans from across the country on message boards? Because that's how the fans for the other contestants worked it. Check out the FOX website for a little insight into how the voting really works.

Chris left because his supporters didn't vote as often as the others' did. Maybe his fans assumed he would win, maybe they assumed Elliott was a goner, maybe they assumed Chris was the chosen one, whatever. Obviously, they DIDN'T vote enough.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I couldn't get through on Kat or Chris' lines for the first 40 minutes or so.

candrews922 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail candrews922 Click to send private message to candrews922 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Here is a link for a petition asking for a recount of votes. There is no way Chris lost honestly. People couldn't get through his line the whole two hours. Here it is. Let our voices be heard or no more American Idol the Hoax. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ChrisD06

05-11-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
43. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Get over it people. There will not be a recount. Its done. Put a fork in it.

geekboy

EvelynisObsessed 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EvelynisObsessed Click to send private message to EvelynisObsessed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I was not a Chris fan, but I don't believe there was a conspiracy to deprive him of the title. I believe his fans didn't vote thinking he was safe. Simple as that.

I was watching DialIdol during the voter hours and Chris was at the bottom throughout. I have no idea if their software works accurately but in this case it accurately prediced the results via busy signals.

I myself voted several times for Kat, getting through without problems about an hour and a half into the voting time. She was listed as just above Chris.

All this said, Chris will do just fine, probably better than being AI.

Evelyn

05-11-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I just went looking but couldn't find much...wonder what Chris thinks about the "petition" I know he probably cannot say anything that FOX/AI producers did not write for him...but I wonder if AI will address this? or have Chris tell his fans to stop the petition....blah blah blah

05-11-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
46. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Chris and/or AI should say absolutely nothing. This petition thing is just silly.

geekboy

05-11-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
52. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I thought about it some more and I don't think they will but Ryan may "address" it more subtly..."Remember you MUST vote for your FAVORITE"

I'm sure though this issue has been discussed today by AI producers et al

Chris is under a gag rule under draconian AI K (that's contract for you non-lawyers ) so he can't and won't say anything

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
agree with geekboy

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Getting the boot now is the best thing that could have possibly happened to Chris. Fourth place finisher Chris Daughtry will have a lot more control over his future career than he would have had if he won or took second. Does Constantine have a pilot for ABC if he wins Season Four? Does Jennifer Hudson have a major role in Dreamgirls if she wins Season Three? Is Clay Aiken able to pick men up at random if he wins Season Two? No, no, and no. Chris will be fine. Chris will be better than fine. He doesn’t even need to sue to get out of the contract – he doesn’t owe them several records like the first or second place contestant does. He waits the seven (or is it ten?) months after the Idol Tour ends and then releases the record he wants to release. Hell, he might not even need to do that. They may have learned their lesson with Bo and have Chris record with them on the grounds that he make the record he wants to make. So Chris will be fine.

Taylor has a large, rabid fanbase that is (unfortunately) probably big enough to take him to the final. Taylor will not, however, be a major popular success. There is no indication that Taylor’s fanbase is growing. Indeed, it would appear to be the case that many who liked him earlier have grown weary of the act. (I know I have.) Will he sell records to the Soul Patrol? Sure. Clay sells records to the Claymates. Will he sell records to all of America? Nope. Not a chance.

The folks at 19Entertainment would never rig the results. Never. It may or may not be legal (depending on how you read the statutes in question), but it would ruin them if they did. Idol as a franchise would be toast, the producers would never work again (at least not in the U.S.), and Fox would take a serious hit. There is no positive incentive for them to rig the results and major disincentives for them not to do so.

05-11-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
49. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Getting the boot now is the best thing that could have possibly happened to Chris. Fourth place finisher Chris Daughtry will have a lot more control over his future career than he would have had if he won or took second.

Looks like you may not be so very far off base there.
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/0506/11/headlines/2/text.html

05-11-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
54. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Is this Fuel? I remember they "offered" it to him after he sang Hemmorhage (I think this was his best song..that and bon jovi)
I will have to watch this Extra.

ETA: Fuel or another band...the ? now becomes after the AI tour and whatever time period he is obligated under K, should he accept the offer? Depends on the $ etc. I wonder if he's allowed to have an independent agent cut this deal if he wants to do this? I know a perty cute and spunky lawyer from Pittsburgh that loves alt/hard rock that would do it for 1/2 price --heck I'd she'd pay himto do it!

Oh and Dweeze you are wise...pick up random guys....SNORFLE!!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I keep saying this today, but...

the weasel is wise. Ditto the weasel.

Just don't let it go to your head.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Spot on, baby.

05-11-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
"Taylor has a large, rabid fanbase that is (unfortunately) probably big enough to take him to the final. Taylor will not, however, be a major popular success. There is no indication that Taylor’s fanbase is growing. Indeed, it would appear to be the case that many who liked him earlier have grown weary of the act. (I know I have.) Will he sell records to the Soul Patrol? Sure. Clay sells records to the Claymates. Will he sell records to all of America? Nope. Not a chance."

I had to respond to this. *sigh*

Just because some people don't like Taylor does NOT mean he won't be a major success. You may not like him, that's fine. Obviously, other people do.

Will Chris sell records to all of America? No.

Personally? I think Chris is a good enough singer, but never showed much personality on AI. Just never did anything to really impress me. I thought he sang both songs badly Tuesday night. From the outcome of the vote, apparently I wasn't alone.

I'm not sure what you're basing your statement about Taylor's fanbase not growing on? I visit many AI boards, and I've seen new fans coming out of the woodwork over the last 2 wks.

Honestly, why bash Taylor and make statements about how Chris will be a success and Taylor won't? I personally think they'll both do well, they both have developed solid fanbases on AI. I just don't understand the need by some of the Chris fans to try to discredit the others who are still there. Alot of ugliness has come out since last night's show.

05-11-06, 05:52 PM (EST)
57. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
It's not rocket science--which video channel is Taylor going to be a success on? Which radio station is Taylor going to be played on 24/7? How many kids' walls do you think a big Taylor poster is going to adorn? The show is called American IDOL and and American IDOL is supposed to appeal to have broad commercial and pop appeal. Taylor won't. He's goofy and fun and can sing some great blues and will make a nice niche record or two, but he will not be a pop star. He's not made that way. Chris is. Chris ooozes pop star. Chris IS an American Idol in the sense of the term. Taylor is a great guy who'd be a lot of fun at parties and who was probably the nerdy guy in school who loved karaoke. More power to him, but he's not going to sell out stadiums ten years from now flopping around on the floor doing the gator.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Ditto all of that for Elliott.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"

but this to me is why he got booted.

Chris isn't a POP idol. he's a potential rock star. his audience isn't who's doing the power-voting.

there's a reason why I've never heard of Fuel. they're not well-known in the mainstream pop culture.

(not that I do pop culture either, lol. my personal tastes are more alternative ... )

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
>there's a reason why I've never
>heard of Fuel. they're not
>well-known in the mainstream pop
>culture.

Fuel is rock group. Fuel has appeared on MTV and VH1. "Hemmorage" was huge hit, even on pop stations. They had enough hit songs to merit a greatest hits compilation. It was a big story when their lead singer quit. I've read articles about them in Rolling Stone. If you don't keep up with the music scene, then you might not have heard of them. But I don't think you can say they are not well-known.

>(not that I do pop culture
>either, lol. my personal tastes
>are more alternative ... )

Our campus radio station is pretty much devoted completely to alternative music. They play Fuel songs all the time.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

05-12-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Fuel is rock group. "Hemmorage" was huge hit

Geg talking like Tonto...

05-11-06, 06:16 PM (EST)
59. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Well, you are entitled to your opinions.

Like it or not, so am I, and so are fans of the other contestants.

I don't believe Chris has any more of a broad appeal than Taylor does. He may ooze something, but it's not pop star to me.

I guess we'll have to wait and see who will be played on the radio and who will be selling out stadiums in the years to come, lol.

05-12-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
69. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Just because some people don't like Taylor does NOT mean he won't be a major success. You may not like him, that's fine. Obviously, other people do.

My opinion of Taylor has no bearing on whether or not I think he will be a major success. My opinion of his chances of success depend entirely on the type of performer he is. As AKim points out,

It's not rocket science--which video channel is Taylor going to be a success on? Which radio station is Taylor going to be played on 24/7?

Pop marketing is based on similarities. It’s based on saying “He is the new X” or “She sounds just like Y only she’s fresh!”. It’s based on putting them in a slot and pushing that slot. It’s based on finding some hook to give the public. What’s Taylor’s hook? What slot does he fit in? What artist is out there right now that is a major success that Taylor is just like, only newer?

I’d just like to note that I’m not saying that this is how music should be marketed, but I am saying that this is how music is marketed.

I think that one of the biggest aspects of Taylor’s success is that he has no slot. There is no one out there like him. His fanbase is so rabid because he speaks to them in a way that other singers don’t speak to him. Unfortunately, popular success is driven by speaking to a wider audience, and I don’t see Taylor speaking to that audience, at least not without losing the audience he has now, not without losing the things that make him unique. The reason Taylor is unique is because what he does doesn’t speak to a larger audience.

That’s not to say that you can never market a new product, never introduce a new type of singer. You can. But anyone with any sort of marketing experience knows it’s a hell of a lot tougher to introduce something completely new than it is to market in an established genre.

Will Chris sell records to all of America? No.

Never said he would. I said he will be fine. So will Taylor. So will Kat. Elliott is the only contestant remaining who probably needs to win to have a career.

But it is easier to market Chris. There is an existing slot you can put him in. Same with Kat, and, to a lesser extent, Elliott.

Personally? I think Chris is a good enough singer, but never showed much personality on AI. Just never did anything to really impress me. I thought he sang both songs badly Tuesday night. From the outcome of the vote, apparently I wasn't alone.

No, you probably weren’t alone. On the other hand, you can’t use the outcome to make far reaching general statements. You never can. The outcome of the vote tells us nothing beyond who got the most votes. Maybe Kat’s fans voted heavy because they felt she was in trouble. Maybe Chris’s fans thought he was safe. Maybe people voted for other contestants not because they thought Chris was bad, but because they thought others were better.

I'm not sure what you're basing your statement about Taylor's fanbase not growing on? I visit many AI boards, and I've seen new fans coming out of the woodwork over the last 2 wks.

I’m basing them on seeing a lot of comments from people along the lines of “Well, I liked Taylor at the start but now I am growing tired of him.” I haven’t seen a whole lot of “Wow, Taylor has really changed my opinion of him” comments. That is what I meant by growing his fanbase – not making fans of people who previously had no opinion, but making fans of people who previously had a different opinion. The only contestant who seems to be growing their fanbase is Elliott.

Honestly, why bash Taylor and make statements about how Chris will be a success and Taylor won't?

I don’t see how saying I don’t think Taylor will not be a major success is bashing him. Bashing him would be saying something like, oh, I don’t know

He may ooze something, but it's not pop star to me.

That seems like bashing.

The reason I brought is up is because of lot of Taylor’s fans seem to think he will be a major popular success. I’ve seen people compare him to the Rolling Stones and U2 both on a talent level and a future success level.

I personally think they'll both do well, they both have developed solid fanbases on AI.

A solid AI fanbase does not equal major popular success. History has proven that.

I just don't understand the need by some of the Chris fans to try to discredit the others who are still there.

Not a Chris fan. Most everyone here who has read my posts on Chris can attest to that. I’m not trying to discredit anyone. I’m trying to make a realistic assessment of chances of major popular success.

Alot of ugliness has come out since last night's show.

You mean ugliness like, oh, I don’t know

Yeah. Comments like that can be pretty ugly.

I guess we'll have to wait and see who will be played on the radio and who will be selling out stadiums in the years to come, lol.

Will Taylor get played on the radio? Of course. Will he be all over the radio the way that Kelly Clarkson seems to be at times? Nope. Will he sell out stadiums? Nope. I don’t think Chris will, either. There's been one contestant who has whose become a huge star capable of selling out stadiums by herself. Kelly. No one else has. No one else has come close. Maybe Carrie will in time - she certainly has gotten off to a better start than anyone else. But right now she is still considered a country artist, not a crossover artist, and she is still being packaged on tours with other artists (though to be fair, even the biggest country artists get packaged on tour together.).

05-12-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
70. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

That was quite the post Weasel, lol. My goodness you are verbose this morning.

Your post is a little unfair. You are taking several of my comments out of context, as they were in response to AKim's post, not yours. You can't combine the 2 posts. She was bashing, and my oozing comment was an appropriate response to the tone of her post.

"The reason I brought is up is because of lot of Taylor’s fans seem to think he will be a major popular success. I’ve seen people compare him to the Rolling Stones and U2 both on a talent level and a future success level."

As long as you realize all of Taylor's fans don't make silly statements like that. I'm a fan, I'm not stupid, and I don't think he's the second coming. I just like him, and I will buy his CD and see him in concert if possible.

Edited to add that I've seen Chris fans make some pretty wild statements about Chris too. I didn't bring them up because I know not everyone is like that.

05-12-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
75. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I’m almost always verbose. It’s not just this morning.

Your post is a little unfair. You are taking several of my comments out of context, as they were in response to AKim's post, not yours. You can't combine the 2 posts. She was bashing, and my oozing comment was an appropriate response to the tone of her post.

Unfair? Only if pointing out what you said is unfair. Out of context? Not in the least. This is what you said in response to me:

Honestly, why bash Taylor and make statements about how Chris will be a success and Taylor won't? I personally think they'll both do well, they both have developed solid fanbases on AI. I just don't understand the need by some of the Chris fans to try to discredit the others who are still there. Alot of ugliness has come out since last night's show.

That would indicate that you disagreed with the ugliness and didn’t think anyone should be bashed. You then said, in response to AKim,

which is a comment that is both a bash and somewhat ugly, particularly since there isn’t anything in AKim’s post that one could consider a bash. I mean, which of the following statements is a bash?

He's goofy and fun and can sing some great blues and will make a nice niche record or two, but he will not be a pop star. He's not made that way. Chris is. Chris ooozes pop star. Chris IS an American Idol in the sense of the term. Taylor is a great guy who'd be a lot of fun at parties and who was probably the nerdy guy in school who loved karaoke. More power to him, but he's not going to sell out stadiums ten years from now flopping around on the floor doing the gator.

The closest thing would be the nerdy guy in school comment, and that’s hardly a bash. Indeed, I think it’s something Taylor would probably agree with.

As for combining the two posts, of course it can be done. It’s absolutely appropriate to point out when someone posts something in response to one person, then posts something the direct opposite or, in this case, showing the direct opposite intent, in another post in response to someone else.

05-12-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
78. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
"I’m almost always verbose. It’s not just this morning."

Agreed. I didn't mean to make it sound like a one time thing. I've been on the survivor board here for several years, and I am familiar with you from there.

"He may ooze something, but it's not pop star to me.

which is a comment that is both a bash and somewhat ugly, particularly since there isn’t anything in AKim’s post that one could consider a bash. I mean, which of the following statements is a bash?"

Apparently this comment really upset you, as you keep referring to it. Why is that a bash, & ugly? I've seen lots of Chris fans saying he oozes sex appeal. Is that a bash? I don't think Chris is a pop star, end of story.

As far as AKim's post, it was condescending. Starting off a post with "It doesn't take a rocket scientist" is pretty much a tip-off. Then continuing on into karaoke and flopping like a gator = bash. Of course, if you say it's not, who am I to argue?

This type of cronyism is why I don't frequent this board often. Anyone with an opinion outside the normal majority here is attacked. There seems to be a concerted effort to drive off anyone that doesn't agree 100% with the groupthink.

05-12-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
81. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I probably shouldn’t respond, but I will anyway. It’s that kind of day.

Apparently this comment really upset you, as you keep referring to it. Why is that a bash, & ugly? I've seen lots of Chris fans saying he oozes sex appeal. Is that a bash? I don't think Chris is a pop star, end of story.

Doesn’t upset me in the slightest. Like I said, I’m not a Chris fan. I keep referring to it because it is an example of you doing what you had decried in a previous post. You lamented the fact that people were bashing and saying ugly things when responding to me, then turned around and said something that most people would consider a bash and ugly when responding to AKim, then tried to say that it wasn’t appropriate for me to point that out.

Saying someone oozes sex appeal is not a bash. Saying someone oozes something, on the other hand, is not usually a positive, especially if you’ve already crossed off the one of the main things that is usually associated with oozes in a positive way. Ooze generally = pus, slime, etc.

As far as AKim's post, it was condescending. Starting off a post with "It doesn't take a rocket scientist" is pretty much a tip-off.

Yeah, she probably could have done without that.

Then continuing on into karaoke and flopping like a gator = bash. Of course, if you say it's not, who am I to argue?

On the other hand, now it’s you who are taking things out of context. She said, and I’m adding emphasis here:

Taylor is a great guy who'd be a lot of fun at parties and who was probably the nerdy guy in school who loved karaoke.

She’s not saying his current singing style is karaoke.

flopping around on the floor doing the gator

The gator is a dance. It involves getting down on the floor and moving around. The Eagles sand about it. They did it in Animal House. I have seen Taylor do the gator on Idol at least once.

This type of cronyism is why I don't frequent this board often. Anyone with an opinion outside the normal majority here is attacked. There seems to be a concerted effort to drive off anyone that doesn't agree 100% with the groupthink.

Sorry you feel that way, but I think my record on this site speaks for itself. I support the people I agree with on subject no matter how many posts they have, no matter if I have seen their writing before, no matter if I hardly ever agree with them on anything else. On the flip side, I have also argued with some of my best friends here, including AKim. Further, I have expressed opinions outside the normal majority of the site on plenty of occasions and, as a general rule, welcome, even enjoy, debate with people who disagree with me.

05-12-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
82. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Well, thank you for speaking for AKim.

Her post WAS condescending, and I don't believe that the terms karaoke and flopping around like a gator were meant in a positive manner. It's the status quo Taylor criticism from people that don't like him.

Defend it as vigorously as you choose, but her post was directed at me, not you, and I can and will call 'em like I see 'em. Had she not started out with "It doesn't take a rocket scientist" I probably would not have responded at all. I don't understand the Chris love, but to each their own.

05-12-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
83. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"

I wasn't bashing you (or Taylor for that matter since I don't think one can actually bash a contestant on a reality show by merely critiquing him or her), I was disagreeing with you. I DON'T think it is rocket science to figure out that Taylor is not going play well in the mainstream. I wasn't bashing you or anyone in particular. How many Clay Aiken videos do we see playing around on MTV or VH1 these days? Meanwhile, I can't turn my flipping radio on without hearing Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson, so I know who their markets were. Taylor? not a clue. Chris? I can figure it out--he'll ease right into the Tool, Fuel, Creed, Rob Thomas, Three Doors Down market and not blink an eye. Will he be the second coming of Kelly? Who knows, but I don't think it takes a crystal ball to see that Simon et al would prefer to market him to the masses than Elliott or Taylor. It's just easier. If you were offended that I implied you couldn't understand this simple matter of marketing, then I'm sorry--I wasn't only talking to you. I was speaking to anyone who can't see that Chris is a much easier sell to the GENERAL public, not the American Idol devotees and the old fogey adults who watch it (myself included).

And you're right, karaoke and doing the gator (which is a <i>dance</i> that drunken frat boys are fond of and resembles some of Taylor dance moves) WEREN'T meant to be compliments per se. His goofball singing comes across as bad karaoke to me--it's not like I'm the first person to say this.

FTR, I've said that Chris was boring, too, so I'm an equal opportunity "basher". I don't dislike Taylor--I'm just being honest about him. I'm not blinded by some rabid devotion to him (or Chris).

Lastly, my tone was no different that it usually is. It has nothing to do with people disagreeing or going against "groupthink". Cronyism? Bah. I don't even post here much myself anymore due to work and life. Most people in this forum can't even tell you who I am, so please don't use cry foul just because someone disagreed with you. That's crap.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--My personal favorite contestant is actually neither of the two.

05-13-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
87. "Stop it, all of you"
The posters aren't interested in watching you squabble - they came here to talk about American Idol.

And no, we don't expect everyone to subscribe to groupthink, and we don't expect everyone to disagree.

Sylvester, I don't think you understand what bashing is. Making a general statement like "it's not rocket science" is not bashing. Having a different opinion than you is not bashing. And posting a dissenting opinion doesn't mean that someone is infringing on your right to express your opinion. It merely means they're disagreeing - which they're entitled to do.

When you start making it personal (referring to "your" post, for example), that's where things can get tough. People tend to move from general comments about the show and its participants to personal comments about each other, and that's now what we're here to discuss.

And your comments about groupthink are amusing at best. This thread was started by a poster who is mad that Chris got voted out, so of course this discussion is going to be skewed toward people who have the same opinion. That's not groupthink - that's people with the same viewpoint having a discussion. You feel differently? Fine - then read or start a different thread. Or post a different opinion, but recognize the posters in this discussion are going to be pro-Chris.

But don't get personal. That vein of this discussion ends now.

05-13-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
88. "RE: Stop it, all of you"
Just another example of the man trying to quash Chris' mojo. I see how it works. .

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Kim heart bebo. Moving on.

05-13-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
89. "RE: Stop it, all of you"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-06 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

How appropriate Bebo, and I must say exactly what I expected from you. Well done.

Edited to add: Any suspicion that this board plays favorites was certainly dispelled by your post. My bad.

05-16-06, 00:40 AM (EST)
95. "could not agree more"
bravo

babymwamwa 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail babymwamwa Click to send private message to babymwamwa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I agree.
He was the best.
I am DONE with this season too.

:<[BR>I posted a buliten about this too.

kcp 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kcp Click to send private message to kcp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060511/114740064000.html

What's this about problems with phone in voting?

Just curious..

05-11-06, 10:47 PM (EST)
62. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
His wife, Deanna Daughtry, said she's not sure which option he should pursue, but either way music is all he's ever wanted to do.

"He's got a lot on him and hopefully he'll have a lot of wisdom there," she said. "The public forgets so fast about those idols once they get off the show. I just hope they don't forget about Chris."

Don't worry we won't forget him...

I think he has to really think about which way to go...could he do both..probably not

And for Chris voters getting Kat's voice...I'm skeptical...

05-15-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
93. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
And for Chris voters getting Kat's voice...I'm skeptical...

Sounds like a little something I like to call "user error". It would be incredibly stupid verifiable fraud - and the producers of this show may be many things, but dumb isn't one of them.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-11-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
They say different voice, I hear sour grapes. I don't buy it for a second.

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Tired of the conspiracy theory, but the judges have their own opinions and favorites and certainly can try and sway the people to like who they like, they tryed to get Chris to win but in the end it is up to the public and they simply did'nt vote enough to Chris, that's it, simple. Did you get the look on the judges faces when Chris was eliminated, it was priceless.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
WOW, this is so funny. I love the fact that there is so much complaining. I have said it before and will say it again. This has become more of a popularity contest. I had been out of pocket for the past 2 years nad not really followed AI. When I started watching it this year I saw alot of talent gathered. I saw some extremely talented persons not make it in the top twelve. Does everyone remember Chicken Little he made it on being popular alone, there were more talented people that left before him.
I enjoy AI, I have said it before the final six will not be competing in the same markets. We will see if the best singer wins the competition. One of the best voices just left, that is a shame. Here is my analysis of the remaining talent.
Taylor- is fun to watch, and a talented singer. But does not have much range. I have heard over and over again if he was singing this type of song, he would of done better. Limitations
Elliot- Yes it is true he has improved the most, but this is not the most improved contest. Again he too has his limitations. Potential
Kat- Even though I have heard she is stuck up or full of herself. I did not know anyone on these sights were that close to the contestants. She has consistently been the strongest performer maybe not the most popular but definately the strongest.
Just for the record, Chris showed he could sing ballets as well as rock. Stayed consistent throughout.

Look both Elliot and Taylor had weeks where they were the weakest performers that week and others left. This is a popularity contest, but still would never want to hand it over to the judges because they are not totally unbiased. Which leaves us with the system we have.
Lets enjoy it and continue to critique which I think we all enjoy.
JAGS

MamaD55 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MamaD55 Click to send private message to MamaD55 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Chris Daughtry was the reason for my AI season. He's gone (unfairly voted off) and I will not participate again. American Idol should admit a mistake was made and bring Chris back. Kathrine was horrible and should go. Chris didn't forget lyrics or sing badly, she did.

05-12-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
72. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
How can someone be "unfairly voted off?"

Do you really think AI should bring back the contestant with the lowest votes and kick off someone else in his place?

What is the point of voting then?

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
84. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
well I personally think that EVERYONE is unfairly voted off, since this system isn't based on the democratic rule of one vote per person ....

but that's another story.

05-13-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
90. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
perhaps Fox should consider some sort of Electoral College for the voting to mimic our own "democratic" process .

lest we forget, this is first and foremost and forever more, a popualarity contest wrapped up in a giant marketing gimick.

stormy_rain1 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stormy_rain1 Click to send private message to stormy_rain1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
91. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
I so agree with u, i honestly cant believe this crap....I also am done with the show.....

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-15-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
94. "RE: I AM DONE WITH THIS SEASON"
Several in this thread seem to overlook that Chris was in the bottom group BEFORE this week--that should have been a signal to his voters.

Also, the data, as presented by Snidget's graphs, in the "Politics" thread show that Chris was always trailing Taylor since the F12. The data are worth a look!

And, to top it off, the data show that Elliot and Katherine picked up voters from other ousted contenders at a faster rate than Chris--so all of these factors led to a 'surprise' boot that in hindsight was not as much of a surprise as it seemed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •