The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Commentary on the Friday Night Figh..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Current Message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-28-01, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Perhaps you're right"
GT, perhaps you're right on all counts. It's entirely possible that the mistake that I made was in hoping that the problems would go away on their own. And perhaps my post is venemous; I don't deny that I have felt enough anger from time to time about this "soap opera" for it to creep over into my post.

But, GT, you are unfortunately correct that my post is aimed more at you than anyone else. If it wasn't you involved in this controversy, I would have taken more action more quickly regarding all of the complaints (from a wide range of people, not just two or three) that I received. I let them go to a large extent (much greater than I have ever done for anyone else, which might be why the complaints kept coming) because it was you, a poster whom I have thought was incredibly valuable to this board from its inception. There are a small number of posters against whom I am loathe to take action because I think they contribute a significant part of the character of this board, and you are one of them.

I have hoped that your basic common sense would prevail. I do agree with you that people have taken shots at you (and at OFG, who has been drawn into this more than she should have been), but, as I pointed out, you have taken shots at them (and generally first). I understand that people can't be expected to sit back forever and "take it". But I think you've been less sinned against than sinning. The problem, GT, is that the witty, intelligent, sometimes sarcastic poster who was my friend on this board for most of the past year is MIA, at least in my opinion.

I am sorry that I have had to take sides in this dispute -- I have tried and tried to remain neutral on the boards and in my e-mails; there is only one other person with whom I have shared my thoughts about this prior to today. Perhaps, as you say, if I had expressed my own views earlier, it might not have come to this. Perhaps I have even been duplicitous. But, unfortunately, all I can do is go forward from right now.

GT, I don't own this board, and I'm just one person on it. I dislike being the one who makes the rules. I believe in free speech and the right to express our own opinions, even if they don't agree with the masses. But I don't believe anyone has the right to deliberately give offense, and I think you have used your undeniable intelligence to do just that on a repeated basis.

I'm not trying to flame you, GT, but read this comment of yours in the post above:

"I have heard NUMEROUS people comment on the hours they spend in chat and the fact that their kids have been unsupervised for long periods of time; although I did not direct my remark at anyone in particular, it obviously struck too close to home for some. Likewise, I never dreamt it would be such an insult to suggest people could step out their door (and it's easy to incorporate the kids into this!) or open a book. . ."

All I can say is ... this is BS. You knew exactly what you were saying, and you said it again, here, even more bluntly, "couching" it with "I never dreamt..." so you'd appear to be innocent. "I never dreamt it would be such an insult to suggest people could step out their door (and it's easy to incorporate the kids into this!)..." Oh yes you did, just as you knew exactly how offensive the language in your original post was (implying no one else had a real life but you), even if you tried to soften it at the end with the joke about toilet paper. And the "struck too close to home" language? GT, you can't come in this forum and play victim when you want to be the victimizer.

Anyway, it's gone far enough. I'm tired of the "soap opera." GT, the fact that I have taken sides makes you into an outcast, and that isn't what I wanted -- I didn't even do that with SurvivinDawg, and I'm much closer to you than I am to him. In short, I probably blew it. But I need to bring closure to this battle, and I need it now.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Commentary on the Friday Night Figh...   AyatollahKhomeini     08-27-01       
   RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   dangerkitty     08-27-01     1  
     RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   ItzLisa     08-28-01     15  
         Agree   AyaK     08-28-01     16  
             Amen   LadyT     08-28-01     17  
   RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   Ronnet     08-27-01     2  
   RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   Drive My Car     08-27-01     3  
   A Pause for Thought...   IceCat     08-27-01     4  
     RE: A Pause for Thought...   Drive My Car     08-27-01     5  
         RE: A Pause for Thought...   Jizzy     08-27-01     6  
   RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   Drive My Car     08-27-01     7  
   RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   Kismet     08-27-01     8  
     RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   LadyT     08-27-01     9  
         RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   Drive My Car     08-27-01     10  
     RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   Jizzy     08-27-01     12  
   None so blind. . .   George Tirebiter     08-27-01     11  
     RE: None so blind. . .   Drive My Car     08-28-01     13  
     Perhaps you're right   AyatollahKhomeini     08-28-01     14  
   Time for my two cents...   sleeeve     08-28-01     18  
     RE: Time for my two cents...   VampKira     08-28-01     19  
         RE: Time for my two cents...   LadyT     08-28-01     20  
             RE: Time for my two cents...   Monkeyboy     08-29-01     21  
                 To Echo Lady T and Monkeyboy...   ItzLisa     08-29-01     22  
   RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   PepeLePew13     08-30-01     23  
     RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   Drive My Car     08-30-01     24  
         RE: Commentary on the Friday Night ...   PepeLePew13     08-30-01     25  
   And now a word from our sponser.......   Superman     08-31-01     26  
     RE: And now a word from our sponser...   VampKira     08-31-01     27  
     RE: Leif has a question.....   Leif Eriksen     09-01-01     28  
         RE: Leif has a question.....   dabo     09-01-01     29  
         RE: Leif has a question.....   VampKira     09-02-01     30  
         RE: Leif has a question.....   IceCat     09-02-01     31  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •