The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brat Camp 8/17"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brat Camp 8/17"
So we have some graduates this week. Did the counselors get it right? Who was went home who wasn't ready? Who had to stay that should have gone home?

I was very surprised that Heather was leaving, but the fact that she is going to boarding school alleviates that concern somewhat. Sounds like she may have accepted that her friends aren't the "air she breathes."

I was SO happy for Lexie. She certainly deserved it. What a moving and neat story.

Nick surprised me a little, but I wasn't shocked.

I was quite surprised that Sean didn't graduate. I thought for sure that he was ready and the way he reacted seemed to back that up. Of course, it could also be an indication of how hard he is working to fool the counselors. Ditto for Lauren.

Jada? I'm surprised she EVER graduates. The girl still hasn't learned a thing.

And yeah, I cried like 12 times.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brat Camp 8/17 Majic Mitch 08-18-05 1
 RE: Brat Camp 8/17 Pretty_Kitty 08-18-05 2
 RE: Brat Camp 8/17 Loree 08-18-05 3
   RE: Brat Camp 8/17 DonnaLynn 08-18-05 4
       RE: Brat Camp 8/17 MissRaven 08-19-05 7
           RE: Brat Camp 8/17 Loree 08-19-05 8
 RE: Brat Camp 8/17 universityofkentuckyrocks 08-18-05 5
 RE: Brat Camp 8/17 Femme 08-19-05 6
   RE: Brat Camp 8/17 DonnaLynn 08-20-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-18-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
Jada is so hard to watch. I think I'd pull my hair out if I had a kid like that.

Little surpised about Nick's release. He could of used some more work.

Sean should of been able to go home.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-18-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
I adored Nick I'm so glad he got to go home (didn't sound like his twin was any kind of angel hope they can work that out) I wonder if Shawn will seek out his birth mother so many questions! I wonder if they'll do a follow up with the kids

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
I keep thinking of all the people that know Jada personally. After watching this show would you ever believe a thing she said to you?

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
I could be wrong, but the previews for the next show make it appear as though Jada's parents come and get her before she graduates. Her mom said something to the effect of "This gave her a good start and we'll work on the rest at home." Heck, if she went right back home instead of a boarding school like Heather then it's no wonder she's up to her old tricks again.

Yeah, for me she's the tough one that can't be broken. I don't think anyone ever sees the real "Jada."

--Donna :~)

MissRaven 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-19-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissRaven Click to send private message to MissRaven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
I strongly suspect Jada's mom in particular is a large part of Jada's problem. Mom totally bought into Jada's "poor-me, get-me-out, they're-torturing-me" letter home. If the parents do pull her from the program, they are rewarding the exact behaviour that got Jada into her problems in the first place!

That really gets my goat. Parenting isn't the easiest thing in the world but when you run into a problem behaviour get suggestions then be consistent!

Its definately a good thing Heather is going to a boarding school instead of straight home. Getting clean and seeing the error of your ways is easy when you're in an environment where you have no choice but keeping it up when you're back home with the same friends etc it a whole different box of cookies. I wonder if the boarding school thing is the parent's idea or something the Camp suggested as a sort of "half-way" house?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
> I wonder
>if the boarding school thing
>is the parent's idea or
>something the Camp suggested as
>a sort of "half-way" house?
>

In an earlier ep we saw the one therapist at SageWalk saying that they suggested boarding school to most families. It is to keep the kids from going back to the same group of friends they were in trouble with before they came there for help.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-18-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
It was nice to see the 3 teens return home. I wonder who will have the most success, if I put money on someone it would be Lexie. It was nice to show Nick opening the door to his house at the end of the show.

ULwill always suck in my book

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-19-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
I don't really think Nick needed to be there. He needed counseling, sure, but I was glad to see him go home. How much more can they stigmatize the kid, whose problem seems to be that he feels inferior to his twin because of his dyslexia. Putting him in a camp because he isn't able to verbalize how he feels like he is in competition with his "Not-Stupid" Twin.

Just like no one wants to be the fat one in the family, and no one wants to be the out-of-work one, or the poorest, or the whatever... Nick didn't enjoy being the "stupid" one in his family, and his parents never bothered to assure him that he wasn't stupid. That's messed up, and Nick should have gotten help for this a long time ago. His twin should have been shut down, too, and I cannot believe that Nick thought he was stupid. Why didn't anyone displace that ridiculous thought in his mind by overruling Nick's Twin's assessment?

I thought it was time for Lexie to go home, too. Heather? I didn't think she was ready, but I guess there's a lot we don't see.

I am pleased that they kept Shawn and Lauren, though. They both seem overconfident that they have "changed" and I remember being rather crafty at that age. No doubt I could have figured out what I was supposed to say and do to snow the adults (and maybe even myself). Luckily, I would appear that the adults aren't so easily snowed, and didn't send the two home yet. I think it will be to their benefit in the long run. I am not convinced of their sincerity, even if they have convinced themselves.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Brat Camp 8/17"
>I don't really think Nick needed
>to be there. He needed
>counseling, sure, but I was
>glad to see him go
>home. How much more can
>they stigmatize the kid, whose
>problem seems to be that
>he feels inferior to his
>twin because of his dyslexia.
>Putting him in a camp
>because he isn't able to
>verbalize how he feels like
>he is in competition with
>his "Not-Stupid" Twin.
>
One of the things that got me about Nick is that it appeared as though his mom knew his twin was calling him stupid yet did nothing about it. HELLO! If you are constantly being told you are dumb and being attacked, what else do you expect him to do? Not that I am justifying his actions, but I don't think he would have tried to stab his twin if he hadn't been calling him stupid. If there is not something done to explain to Nick's brother that he's part of the problem, then Nick will end up right where he started.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •