The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brat Camp 8/3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brat Camp 8/3"
You know, it's a shame that they came up with such a bad cheesy name for this program because it is truly one of the better reality shows that has come down the pike lately. I don't know if there will be a second season, but I surely hope so.

It was just incredibly moving to watch last night and I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried at several moments. When Lexie finally GOT it, that it wasn't her fault - that she really is a beautiful and special person? That is great television with real heart.

I have been so moved by all these kids (well, almost all but I'll get to that in a second). I don't know for sure if they aren't expert manipulators who are saying what they need to in order to go home but most of their transformations seems TRULY genuine. You could practically SEE the light that turned on in Lauren's head and some of the kids actually look like different people. Derek and Sean have grown and changed so much. Isiah seems to be a different kid and even Frank has mellowed. Heather sees her problems, which is progress, even if she doesn't yet understand the source (her friends).

Which brings us to Jada. Who is more clueless- Jada or her parents? What a sorry group they are, although it is hard to blame the kid when you see the parents are so obviously responsible for creating this spoiled brat. I can only hope that they reach her in the time remaining - or at least her parents get to see how much she laughs at them and how easy they are to manipulate.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brat Camp 8/3 Loree 08-04-05 1
   Agree PagongRatEater 08-05-05 2
 Jada the Brat almost kills family b... kspin 08-05-05 3
   RE: Jada the Brat almost kills fami... DonnaLynn 08-05-05 4
       RE: Jada the Brat almost kills fami... Fox41 08-05-05 6
   RE: Jada the Brat almost kills fami... universityofkentuckyrocks 08-05-05 7
 RE: Brat Camp 8/3 Pretty_Kitty 08-05-05 5
   RE: Brat Camp 8/3 DonnaLynn 08-06-05 8
   RE: Brat Camp 8/3 Fox41 08-08-05 11
 In light of Jada's boating episode.... Femme 08-06-05 9
 RE: Brat Camp 8/3 Puffy 08-08-05 10
 RE: Brat Camp 8/3 frankz 08-08-05 12
 Jada's not the only one. thndrkttn 08-08-05 13
   RE: Jada's not the only one. universityofkentuckyrocks 08-08-05 14
   RE: Jada's not the only one. Fox41 08-08-05 15
 me too shakes the clown 08-08-05 16
   Agree universityofkentuckyrocks 08-08-05 17
   RE: KInda takes the drama out of th... DonnaLynn 08-09-05 18
 RE: Brat Camp 8/3 Silvergirl1 08-11-05 19
 RE: Brat Camp 8/3 DRONES 08-17-05 20
 RE: Brat Camp 8/3 Oct_Redsky 08-18-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
>
>Which brings us to Jada.
>Who is more clueless- Jada
>or her parents? What
>a sorry group they are,
>although it is hard to
>blame the kid when you
>see the parents are so
>obviously responsible for creating this
>spoiled brat. I can
>only hope that they reach
>her in the time remaining
>- or at least her
>parents get to see how
>much she laughs at them
>and how easy they are
>to manipulate.

Jada Jada Jada... Everytime I see her parents I understand why she is the way she is. They are so manipulated by her. They enable her to get her own way all the time. Until they change, Jada will never change.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
2. "Agree"
The letter from home needs to be 'cut the carp Jada, we love you but you're not coming home and things are going to change when you do'. I'd like Glacier to take this parents out into the woods for a week and try to get THEIR heads out of their tucchus.

kspin 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-05-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
3. "Jada the Brat almost kills family boating"
Happened to catch the episode this week, and was sickened by the conversation Jada's parents were having with the counselor about her letter. Poor Jada's not having a good time, whah... let's save our precious brat, whah... I was so happy when the counselor said that it was all BS, and called her parents on it. Then the 11:00 news came on, and Jada was featured on it.

Thought I'd post it for anyone outside of the Boston area (don't know if it was on the news elsewhere). Not only is Jada a spoiled clueless brat with overindulgent parents, but now she's almost killed a family who were out fishing, running them over with a power boat while she was towing her knee-boarding boyfriend. Fortunately, no one was killed; unfortunately, she'll most likely get off with a slap on the wrist. What does it take? I hope the family sues the pants of her and her parents; maybe hitting them in the pocketbook will get to them, because nothing else seems to.

TV`s "Brat Camper" faces charges
By UPI
Aug 5, 2005, 19:00 GMT
BOSTON, MA, United States (UPI) -- Jada Chabot, 15, one of nine misfits on the new ABC-TV "Brat Camp" show, is facing charges after slamming a speedboat into a Massachusetts family.
"I thought we were all gonna die," Agenor Moraes of Foxboro, Mass., told the Boston Herald, recalling the moment when he saw Chabot`s boat speeding toward his family, who were in an inflatable boat.
Two of the Morales children were injured in the crash, which occurred while Chabot was pulling her boyfriend on a knee board.
Chabot`s parents said they decided to put her on "Brat Camp," which seeks to reform troubled teens by tossing them into a rigorous wilderness program, because she had become impossible to discipline.
The show features the struggles of Chabot and the other "brats" as they battle with the Oregon outdoors and with their own dysfunctional personalities.
Copyright 2005 by United Press International

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Jada the Brat almost kills family boating"
Well, it's obvious that even if her parents didn't take her out of the program, that it didn't work for Jada. Those parents need a backbone in the biggest way possible. All the other kids seem to be coming through this and learning little by little but Jada won't stop lying and continues to manipluate her parents. I think that if her parents want to take her out that they should show Jada saying all those things to the cameras about "always getting my way" "I can manipulate my parents to do anything" etc, so maybe they'll realize that she really is playing them...

Without going off on another rant about the youth of today, I'll simply say this. 90% of the kids today that are troublemakers are that way BECAUSE of their parents inability to raise them correctly... PARENTS OF AMERICA, get a backbone and learn that it's better to be a loving parent than your child's best friend...

--Donna :~)

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-05-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Jada the Brat almost kills family boating"
>>"I'll simply say this.
>90% of the kids today
>that are troublemakers are that
>way BECAUSE of their parents
>inability to raise them correctly."

You said it! It's the PARENTS. Why send the kid to Brat Camp for a few weeks & then ship them back home to the same spineless, weak-a** parents? That's not going to work. The kid will be back to square one in 24 hours. Parent's need to start kicking a** & taking names! You can't send your BRAT out into the world and expect everyone to take their sh*t. You won't like the outcome of that, ... & they sure won't like it.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-05-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Jada the Brat almost kills family boating"
Its on RTVWorld Side for News.

UL will always suck in my book!

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
I absolutley love this show and I'm not ashamed to say that I cry from beginning to end

as a single parent who never planned on being a single parent (when I took my wedding vows I MEANT them HE did not) I do not feel it's fair to blame the parents for everything I would blame the many many absent parents who take no active role in their childrens lives
most of these kids come from 2 parent homes and look how screwed up they are then think about all the kids who are in sinlge family homes and how much worse it must be SO if you want to blame parents blame the losers who let one person do all the work of parenting

this is a very touchy subject for me but I do agree with all of you that Jada's parents need to get a clue she won't change unless thay do and a good parent is willing to change to benefit their child's life

so where do we parents go to get our parenting re-hab? sign me up!!!!!!

Pretty "mother of a teenager from hell" Kitty

08-06-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
>I absolutley love this show and
>I'm not ashamed to say
>that I cry from beginning
>to end
>
>as a single parent who never
>planned on being a single
>parent (when I took my
>wedding vows I MEANT them
>HE did not) I do
>not feel it's fair to
>blame the parents for everything
>I would blame the many
>many absent parents who take
>no active role in their
>childrens lives
>most of these kids come from
>2 parent homes and look
>how screwed up they are
> then think about all
>the kids who are in
>sinlge family homes and how
>much worse it must be
>SO if you want to
>blame parents blame the losers
>who let one person do
>all the work of parenting
>
>
>this is a very touchy subject
>for me but I do
>agree with all of you
>that Jada's parents need to
>get a clue she
>won't change unless thay do
>and a good parent is
>willing to change to benefit
>their child's life
>
>
First off, I wasn't attacking you at all so I apologize if you took it that way. Unfortunately in this day and age many people don't believe their vows and many people are left to raise children by themselves. I'm not in your home and I don't see how things are run on a daily basis but I know something about parents who "mean well."

I was raised in a God-fearing home with a mom and dad who loved each other. I am the youngest of 3 kids and even though my parents struggled, us kids never knew it. My mom and I almost died when she was giving birth to me and back then Doctors thought some crazy things. Her Dr. told her that since the delivery was rough that I would be a "problem child" and that she shouldn't be hard on me but instead give me lots of attention. There was nothing wrong with me except that my mother did everything for me. She meant well and thought she was doing right, but I was a brat with a capital B. I would call her names, talk back to her, you name it, but it was because she let me! I wouldn't dream of doing it in front of or to my father because he would lay me out flat. Well, when I was 15 my mom died of cancer and my whole world fell apart. Thank goodness I found Jesus and became a Christian. If not for God, I probably would have gotten into drugs and god knows what else. A year later my dad remarried and I hated my step-mom. I hated her because she made me take care of myself, do my own laundry, get a job if I wanted a car, etc and she didn't take my crap. Now that I'm grown and married I realize she was the best thing that ever happened to me. I still have a big hole in my life from my mom dying at such a young age but my step-mom (whom I call mom today) is the reason I am who I am today.

I see many cases where parents are just like my mom and others I know who mean well and think they are doing right by always giving their kids things without them having to work for them themselves, who let them do whatever they want and allow their children to get the upper hand. Then when they realize they have lost control it's too late. Once a child gets to the point that these kids in Brat Camp are at, their parent isn't going to change them no matter what they change in their homes.

If a child grows up learning respect for their parent or parents then there is no way that they are going to set fire to the house or steal out of their mom's purse. I agree that it is harder for a single parent to raise a child, but IMO children are a direct result of the situation they are raised in. What's the old story about giving a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever? (Or something like that.) It's the same thing with children.

So I do stand behind my earlier statment. 90% of the time it's the parents who are to blame for how their children are acting. I'm sorry if this hurts someone's feelings, but we all have different viewpoints and many times others have disagreed strongly with me for mine. That's the American way. I hope this doesn't come across as "bashing" as that's not my intention at all. I just seem to have a different opinion than you do, but I am NOT BASHING YOU! Remember my percentage was 90%. Maybe you fall in that 10% category...

-Donna :~)

08-08-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-05 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-08-05 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

"I do
>not feel it's fair to
>blame the parents for everything
>I would blame the many
>many absent parents who take
>no active role in their
>childrens lives
>most of these kids come from
>2 parent homes and look
>how screwed up they are
> then think about all
>the kids who are in
>sinlge family homes and how
>much worse it must be
>SO if you want to
>blame parents blame the losers
>who let one person do
>all the work of parenting"

I came from a single parent household. My Dad walked out on my Mom & she had to work and take care of two little girls. I've NEVER cursed my Mother. I've NEVER hit my Mother. When I was a kid you NEVER talked back to adults. You gave adults RESPECT. And that's something that kids now days know nothing about.

All parents should love & respect their children. But when the five year old is calling you a b*tch, and when you've got to sleep with your purse & credit cards locked in a safe ... things have gone too f*cking far. If you are a big over-grown adult, & you have children, (living under YOUR roof!) that you can't control something is WRONG. If you can't "lay down the law" when they are little kids, what in the hell can you do with them when they become teenagers? Send them to Brat Camp for a month or two? (Like that's going to really work.)

Kids need discipline. And a swat or two on the a$$ won't kill them!!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-06-05, 06:38 PM (EST)
9. "In light of Jada's boating episode..."
It's horribly interesting to me that she hasn't changed. Clearly, her parents can be manipulated by her to the nth degree.

I only hope they were watching the latest episode together. If anything, it should shine some light on the truth behind Jada's behavior.

Until they realize (and if they watched the show, they certainly will have) how they are contributing to the problem, Jada won't change. What a waste of a person the way she is now.

That said, I am stunned by the other kids. Lauren hasn't sold me, yet. I was glad she even expressed doubt that maybe she was "fooling herself" into thinking she had changed. I don't see that she has changed, but even before she came into the program, she acknowledged that her "friends" were a sorry lot.

Lexie seems to be the best and most likely candidate to return home first. I only hope that her parents can do right by her. If I am not mistaken, they never sent her to counseling (or better yet, attended sessions as a family) and they continually call it "something bad that happened to Lexie" instead of talking about it like they are actually willing to acknowledge what happened and work through it.

I am a big believer in parenting being the cause of many troubled kids' behaviors. Lexie's parents' mistreatment of her "little problem," Jada's parents' indulgent and gullible behavior, Nick's parents' blind eye. (His twin calls him stupid? And it's okay in that family? Clearly, it must be, since no one has overruled that label in Nick's mind.)

Aren't we to see more of the parents soon? Some little outing that brings mom and dad to the site? It will be interesting to get a more complete perspective on the other sets of parents, too.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
I'm enjoying the show and learning from it. I found it ironic that little Derek, in fact all of them, could start a fire. Put them on Survivor! Nobody can start a fire on Survivor.

A Syren®Original

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-08-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
Mrs Frank loves this show and she cries every time too. She works in the office of a high-school, so consequently sees kids like this everyday. And she hates reality shows (but she’s coming around – slowly but surely – she can even name the BB hamsters – that’s a big step)

Wheelie by RollDdice
Now if I can just work on that heavy metal thing some more

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-08-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
13. "Jada's not the only one."

It seems as though Jada's not the only one they failed to reach.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/08/bratcamp.bust.ap/index.html

08-08-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Jada's not the only one."
It looks like some of the peeps did not learn their lesson.

08-08-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Jada's not the only one."
>
>It seems as though Jada's not
>the only one they failed
>to reach.
>http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/08/bratcamp.bust.ap/index.html

I rest my case!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-08-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
16. "me too"
I'm also a huge fan of this show. I put this in the same category as a show like "bands on the run" in that it doesn't have a huge audience, but is easily one of the best reality shows ever made.

This show brings us something you don't see anymore on regular reality shows, REAL emotions, REAL drama and characters that have no problems exposing their vulnerable sides to the camera, which is very shocking considering their ages.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I'm pretty sure no one went on this show to get into hollywood and become an actor. Well, maybe Jada but that's about it.

I wish more people watched and I wish the show got more press cause it really is the best reality show of the summer.

08-08-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
17. "Agree"
I have to agree that this one of the best reality TV shows of the summer.

08-09-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: KInda takes the drama out of the show..."
Seeing as though we know that 2 of the Brat Campers have returned to their evil ways, at least for me, it kinda takes the drama out of this show. Heck, now when I see one of these kids "break through" the problems they have been having and seeing all their tears and such is all lip service as we know that the things they learn out at Sage Walk don't stick.

It's just so sad that we even need places like this for children today. Things were much simpler when I was a kid. The only thing on my mind was playing Ms. Pac-Man!

I really hope the rest of the kids learn what they need to get through, but I'm afraid that we will be hearing more and more about these "kids" as they enter adulthood.

--Donna :~)

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"

I haven't read the rest of the responses yet, but I like the way they've used kids with different circumstances in this program. It is educational to see what kinds of problems cause these kids to act out.

I hope Jada's parents "get it" after watching her in action and I hope she straightens out. I feel a little guilty now for laughing at her when she cries, but it seems so pathetic.

At the very least, I know these kids will appreciate being home after being in this camp.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

A/C is cool.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 02:57 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
Without these parents going through some sort of counseling then it will be the same-ol same-ol when these kids return home. The kids who succeed the most will do so in spite of their parents.

These families all need to go into counseling once the kids return in order to avoid backsliding. It will also teach them how to cope when they do mess up so that they can learn from their mistakes.

DRONES

Oct_Redsky 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-18-05, 01:14 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Brat Camp 8/3"
I love the name for the show, it's so true. I couldn't help but laugh at times for the dicipline these kids were learning, and they couldn't just deal with it. I could relate to that at one point in my life, so I know what they were thinking. Ok, hello Jada? What was going on there, can she please stop crying? I'm surprised one of the kids didn't say something to her about that. I am really happy to see these kids learn something, and pull through those changes that were so obvious to begin with. They always seem so tough, but they're just harboring that empty, vulnerable space with insecurity, and that instability will cause anger because they don't have the answers. They haven't tried to find them, or they're not sure how confident those answers are. Nick is a cutie, he's gonna be so hot when he grows up!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •