The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-03-03, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-03 AT 00:30 AM (EST)

Welcome to the episode ten Move of the Week voting thread!

There are four choices here and you can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Move of the Season Vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of intelligence, great decisions made by a team, or great movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode nine thread, go here...
Episode Nine Voting Thread

1.David/Jeff and Jon/Al book earlier flights to Korea through Hong Kong in Singapore. The flight gives them a forty minute advantage in Korea over the other two teams.

2.David/Jeff and Jon/Al decide to save some money on the three-hour drive to the Sundam Valley by sharing a van. This extra money could help them in the final few legs of the race.

3.After arriving in Korea in last place, Reichen/Chip get a taxi driver who doesn't know where to go. They go back and get a taxi driver who speaks English. Reichen/Chip end up getting to the route marker first and get a few minute advantage over the other teams.

4.Kelly/Jon take a taxi to subway station #228. They're able to beat the other three teams, who decided to take the subway, to the clue box. This lead gives them enough time to stay in first for the rest of the leg to win a Caribbean vacation.

This vote will close Thursday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten realitybites 08-03-03 1
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten I_AM_HE 08-03-03 2
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten 321Jump 08-03-03 3
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten hans 08-03-03 4
 #4 SurvivinDawg 08-03-03 5
   RE: #1 I_AM_HE 08-04-03 9
       RE: #1 SurvivinDawg 08-04-03 10
           RE: #1 nailbone 08-04-03 18
 #3 Survivorerist 08-04-03 6
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten Violet Nyte 08-04-03 7
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten Edgeless Grass 08-04-03 8
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten dajaki 08-04-03 11
   RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten nailbone 08-04-03 19
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten PlumBlossom 08-04-03 12
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten Steen 08-04-03 13
 #4 tig_ger 08-04-03 14
 #3 smiles 08-04-03 15
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten cmanly 08-04-03 16
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten managerr 08-04-03 17
   RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten cmanly 08-04-03 20
 trois tvgeek401 08-04-03 21
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten PrimeCupEevee 08-04-03 22
 #4 cyclehausen 08-05-03 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-03-03, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
#4, with polite nods to the others.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
#1 - they needed those extra minutes to knock off Kim Jong-Il!

321Jump 606 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-03-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 321Jump Click to send private message to 321Jump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Move of the Week: I vote for #3. It saved a lot of time at the most important time of this leg.

(I might have said #4 if this were the final leg. #2 caused more problems than it helped.)

hans 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-03-03, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hans Click to send private message to hans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
my vote goes to no. 3

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#4"
First, K & J won a Carribbean vacation for coming in first.

Second, they did come in first, and therefore not last, and they get to leave first on the next leg.

#3 was also a good thing.

#2 was an okay thing, and may pay off, but I didn't think was that big a deal.

#1 IMHO shouldn't be on the list. Look who came in last and was eliminated. The payoff certainly wasn't enough.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: #1"
it wasn't because of #1 they came in last (and noone was elimintaed) though Dawg - it was because of their cabbie deciding they wanted to sight-see in the DMZ (or their inability to discover the cabbie's inability to speak english/read a map/know where the heck he was going - but even if they didn't take time selecting a cabbie (and we don't know they didn't) that kind of mistake is not really something they would be able to foresee)

not that it matters, but anyway...

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: #1"
That's kind of my whole point: The extra time didn't help those who got to Seoul early, and it didn't hurt those who got there later. Hence my comment on it. Since it all evened out pretty quickly, IMHO it was a wash.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: #1"
Well, if you're talking results only, it didn't matter. but if you're talking strictly strategy, it was a good plan. But you know what they say about the best laid plans...

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-04-03, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#3"
Had to be this this week

Survivorerist

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
#3 because they went from last place to first, and all the other teams got lost. With respect to #4, but I think that was more of just Jon wanting to be right, not a mutual team-agree strategy.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-04-03, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Can I said something about last week move of the week? Look like Jon/Al's kindness do get pay off! I was wrong saying that at this late of the race, nobody will repay back kindness. After the road block, Jeff/David could have just drove off in the taxi without the crown, but they wait. And the crown could be the one drop off the first cab to switch to a new cab, but Jeff/David drop off instead...all because they think they need to repay the crown's help last week?

Ok, back to this week, my thought process ...

#1 - look like the time earn has been eaten up by the non-official bunching (lost in the city, lost in the language).

#2 - I am still wondering how do ALL 4 of them plus 4 more of their crews get squeeze into 1 cab! The cab don't look that big right? And they got stuck in the situation of needed to wait up for other team and switch cab half way, so is this really a good move after all?

#3 - This is really a good move, and they really get pay off insisting in getting someone who speak English. Too bad, they should stay on that cab till the subway #228. As they won't know if they need the cab again or not.

#4 - #@*&#*&$@....this is not basher, so cannot said anything not nice. I am just hate to see that Jon was right in the end. Why does he get pay off by NOT making a move!

My choice - #3, because I think #4 is not a move at all.

--------------- Bye!! ^O^ ---------------

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
#4 - A bit of a tough choice between #1 & #4. It's always smarter to hustle for an earlier flight. Kelly and Jon should have learned this lesson by now. Unfortunately, #1, though smart, didn't affect the outcome the way it should have. I'm going with #4. Jon's patience with traffic won out over everyone else feeling they had to be on the move, even if that meant learning a new transportation system and hoping that they're going in the right direction. Kelly should stop yelling at Jon over his decisions. As much as I hate to admit it, he's usually right.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
I think if he be a little more animated about things, she'd back off of him.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-04-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "#4"
Way to go from last to first, K & J!

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "#3"
#3 Really made the bigger difference for R&C. I would vote for #4, but I don't think it was a team decision, plus they were not that far behind or ahead.

cmanly 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmanly Click to send private message to cmanly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
First off, can I ask why the results of the "Move of the Week" haven't been getting posted lately? It's not as much fun to participate when we never find out the "official" results...

...that said, this week I'm voting for #3 for sure. I almost thinks this qualifies for the Move of the Series! They were FORTY minutes behind and you know it took a few extra minutes to have the cab go to the hotel to and ask for a new driver. They probably should have been an HOUR behind, which would have scared most teams from taking the chance to do what they did. But it totally paid off, and they got to do the underwater ice challege first and the others had to wait biting their nails for Chip to warm up before they could continue...

...that said, why didn't Reichen do the ice challenge! Wanted to see his abs!!!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-04-03, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
#4 may have gotten them the best results, but I think #3 was the best move in terms of premeditation. I thought stopping was going to be a mistake, but it worked out for the best. It was a great play. So #3 definitely.

Side note: Would be interesting to see if Reichen still has abs at this point in the race. Chip and Jeff looked nowhere near as buff as they did in the opening sequence/start of race. Which makes sense as they probably have not touched a gym in over a month at this point.

cmanly 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmanly Click to send private message to cmanly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Something tells me that guys like Reichen don't have to work too hard to keep their abs in top shape!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-03, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "trois"
thats #3 for you non-french speaking peeps.
Having a good cabbie is always a plus.
smiles
the tvgeek
c'est tres bien, n'est-ce pas?

PrimeCupEevee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrimeCupEevee Click to send private message to PrimeCupEevee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
I'm going to go with #3 here. R/C actually made time by switching taxis (instead of that gas checking thing in India). That meant the taxi driver knew exactly where to go, and R/C got to the Roadblock first.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-05-03, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "#4"
Even though I think 3 is technically the better move, I just love Kelly and Jon. Plus, they were both good moves.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •