URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1332
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Move of the Week: Episode Ten"

Posted by magic_star on 08-03-03 at 06:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-03 AT 00:30 AM (EST)

Welcome to the episode ten Move of the Week voting thread!

There are four choices here and you can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Move of the Season Vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of intelligence, great decisions made by a team, or great movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode nine thread, go here...
Episode Nine Voting Thread

1.David/Jeff and Jon/Al book earlier flights to Korea through Hong Kong in Singapore. The flight gives them a forty minute advantage in Korea over the other two teams.

2.David/Jeff and Jon/Al decide to save some money on the three-hour drive to the Sundam Valley by sharing a van. This extra money could help them in the final few legs of the race.

3.After arriving in Korea in last place, Reichen/Chip get a taxi driver who doesn't know where to go. They go back and get a taxi driver who speaks English. Reichen/Chip end up getting to the route marker first and get a few minute advantage over the other teams.

4.Kelly/Jon take a taxi to subway station #228. They're able to beat the other three teams, who decided to take the subway, to the clue box. This lead gives them enough time to stay in first for the rest of the leg to win a Caribbean vacation.

This vote will close Thursday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Posted by realitybites on 08-03-03 at 06:17 PM
#4, with polite nods to the others.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 08-03-03 at 06:33 PM
#1 - they needed those extra minutes to knock off Kim Jong-Il!

Posted by 321Jump on 08-03-03 at 07:10 PM
Move of the Week: I vote for #3. It saved a lot of time at the most important time of this leg.

(I might have said #4 if this were the final leg. #2 caused more problems than it helped.)

Posted by hans on 08-03-03 at 08:01 PM
my vote goes to no. 3

"#4"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 08-03-03 at 08:52 PM
First, K & J won a Carribbean vacation for coming in first.

Second, they did come in first, and therefore not last, and they get to leave first on the next leg.

#3 was also a good thing.

#2 was an okay thing, and may pay off, but I didn't think was that big a deal.

#1 IMHO shouldn't be on the list. Look who came in last and was eliminated. The payoff certainly wasn't enough.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"RE: #1"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 08-04-03 at 09:33 AM
it wasn't because of #1 they came in last (and noone was elimintaed) though Dawg - it was because of their cabbie deciding they wanted to sight-see in the DMZ (or their inability to discover the cabbie's inability to speak english/read a map/know where the heck he was going - but even if they didn't take time selecting a cabbie (and we don't know they didn't) that kind of mistake is not really something they would be able to foresee)

not that it matters, but anyway...

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 08-04-03 at 10:08 AM
That's kind of my whole point: The extra time didn't help those who got to Seoul early, and it didn't hurt those who got there later. Hence my comment on it. Since it all evened out pretty quickly, IMHO it was a wash.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by nailbone on 08-04-03 at 04:50 PM
Well, if you're talking results only, it didn't matter. but if you're talking strictly strategy, it was a good plan. But you know what they say about the best laid plans...

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

"#3"
Posted by Survivorerist on 08-04-03 at 01:10 AM
Had to be this this week

Survivorerist

Posted by Violet Nyte on 08-04-03 at 01:55 AM
#3 because they went from last place to first, and all the other teams got lost. With respect to #4, but I think that was more of just Jon wanting to be right, not a mutual team-agree strategy.

Posted by Edgeless Grass on 08-04-03 at 05:14 AM
Can I said something about last week move of the week? Look like Jon/Al's kindness do get pay off! I was wrong saying that at this late of the race, nobody will repay back kindness. After the road block, Jeff/David could have just drove off in the taxi without the crown, but they wait. And the crown could be the one drop off the first cab to switch to a new cab, but Jeff/David drop off instead...all because they think they need to repay the crown's help last week?

Ok, back to this week, my thought process ...

#1 - look like the time earn has been eaten up by the non-official bunching (lost in the city, lost in the language).

#2 - I am still wondering how do ALL 4 of them plus 4 more of their crews get squeeze into 1 cab! The cab don't look that big right? And they got stuck in the situation of needed to wait up for other team and switch cab half way, so is this really a good move after all?

#3 - This is really a good move, and they really get pay off insisting in getting someone who speak English. Too bad, they should stay on that cab till the subway #228. As they won't know if they need the cab again or not.

#4 - #@*&#*&$@....this is not basher, so cannot said anything not nice. I am just hate to see that Jon was right in the end. Why does he get pay off by NOT making a move!

My choice - #3, because I think #4 is not a move at all.

--------------- Bye!! ^O^ ---------------

Posted by dajaki on 08-04-03 at 11:11 AM
#4 - A bit of a tough choice between #1 & #4. It's always smarter to hustle for an earlier flight. Kelly and Jon should have learned this lesson by now. Unfortunately, #1, though smart, didn't affect the outcome the way it should have. I'm going with #4. Jon's patience with traffic won out over everyone else feeling they had to be on the move, even if that meant learning a new transportation system and hoping that they're going in the right direction. Kelly should stop yelling at Jon over his decisions. As much as I hate to admit it, he's usually right.

Posted by nailbone on 08-04-03 at 04:53 PM
I think if he be a little more animated about things, she'd back off of him.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Posted by PlumBlossom on 08-04-03 at 11:20 AM

Posted by Steen on 08-04-03 at 11:45 AM

"#4"
Posted by tig_ger on 08-04-03 at 12:30 PM
Way to go from last to first, K & J!

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

"#3"
Posted by smiles on 08-04-03 at 12:47 PM
#3 Really made the bigger difference for R&C. I would vote for #4, but I don't think it was a team decision, plus they were not that far behind or ahead.

Posted by cmanly on 08-04-03 at 01:16 PM
First off, can I ask why the results of the "Move of the Week" haven't been getting posted lately? It's not as much fun to participate when we never find out the "official" results...

...that said, this week I'm voting for #3 for sure. I almost thinks this qualifies for the Move of the Series! They were FORTY minutes behind and you know it took a few extra minutes to have the cab go to the hotel to and ask for a new driver. They probably should have been an HOUR behind, which would have scared most teams from taking the chance to do what they did. But it totally paid off, and they got to do the underwater ice challege first and the others had to wait biting their nails for Chip to warm up before they could continue...

...that said, why didn't Reichen do the ice challenge! Wanted to see his abs!!!

Posted by managerr on 08-04-03 at 02:24 PM
#4 may have gotten them the best results, but I think #3 was the best move in terms of premeditation. I thought stopping was going to be a mistake, but it worked out for the best. It was a great play. So #3 definitely.

Side note: Would be interesting to see if Reichen still has abs at this point in the race. Chip and Jeff looked nowhere near as buff as they did in the opening sequence/start of race. Which makes sense as they probably have not touched a gym in over a month at this point.

Posted by cmanly on 08-04-03 at 07:00 PM
Something tells me that guys like Reichen don't have to work too hard to keep their abs in top shape!

"trois"
Posted by tvgeek401 on 08-04-03 at 09:26 PM
thats #3 for you non-french speaking peeps.
Having a good cabbie is always a plus.
smiles
the tvgeek
c'est tres bien, n'est-ce pas?

Posted by PrimeCupEevee on 08-04-03 at 09:28 PM
I'm going to go with #3 here. R/C actually made time by switching taxis (instead of that gas checking thing in India). That meant the taxi driver knew exactly where to go, and R/C got to the Roadblock first.

"#4"
Posted by cyclehausen on 08-05-03 at 05:16 AM
Even though I think 3 is technically the better move, I just love Kelly and Jon. Plus, they were both good moves.