The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-26-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary: Jenny Jones Would be Proud
A Story of Ditzy Models, Jealous Lovers, and... Makeovers!

Last time on Average Joe, we said goodbye to Jerry, Tareq and Brad, and started rooting for Adam. (Yes, mine is the final word on this, and no, it’s not up for discussion. ) Then, in a *gasp* SHOCKING twist, we said hello to three new guys -models- entering the game. So, without further ado...

Let’s meet the New Joes! Shall we?

First we have Mike, who is 24, a model, and, as Zach so aptly points out, looks just like “Joe Millionaire on crack”. Actually, he happens to look a bit more feminine than Ape-man Evan, and quite humbly lets us know that he always been able to get the girl. Congratulations, dude. We’re all really impressed.

Let’s go to the Average Joes, for the first of their opinions on the matter:
John: "I just don’t know if I can compete with these guys’ looks." Um, John, honey, is there some confusion about that? I don’t know if they told you, but you’re one of the “Average” Joes. You’re... nevermind. We’ll discuss this further in the Makeover section of this week’s summary.

Jason is 26, a waiter, and has lofty aspirations to be a weatherman! And he is just so gosh dern clever, that he already has the perfect name picked out- “Jason Storm”. Oh, cute. Real cute. I suppose you saw that on TV somewhere and thought it would be funny. However, I feel obligated to let you know, that where I come from, they’re called meteorologists, and that, if you’re interested in that career, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology might be helpful. Just sayin.

Back to the AJ’s for their thoughts:
Adam feels betrayed. Can’t say I blame him.

And finally let’s meet Alex, who is a 29 year old veterinary technician, from South America. No smart-ass comments about Alex yet, but not to worry, there’s 85 minutes of show still left.

So, what does Melana think about all of this?
Melana says (with a radiant, exultant smile on her face) that the New Joes will not be discriminated against because of their looks. She’s going to give them a fair chance. It’s only fair. Wow. She must be especially benevolent to have made the decision to keep three gorgeous guys around for the sake of fairness.

Cover me... I’m goin’ in!

The NJ’s move into the house, much to the dismay of the AJ’s. But don’t fear- Zach has a plan. “I just want you to know,” he says to John and Adam, “even if I become friends with the NJ’s, you two are still, like, my bestest friends in the whole wide world.” And his brilliant strategy? Be Zach. Riiiight. Because that has already worked so well with all of the other guys in the house. He’s going to befriend the NJ’s. They’re on his side. Make them like him, manipulate them, gain their trust, and then break them down. Okay. So apparently Zach is a little confused. He seems to think that he’s on Survivor. Um... Zach, alliances are not really necessary here, and all the guys left are Ostens anyway. Give it a rest.

Ready for the big shocker? The NJ’s hate Zach already. He talks too much “smack” (These guys are astoundingly intelligent. Tell me again why they don’t already have girlfriends?).

Makeover time!

The AJ’s decide to, like, give each other makeovers. Zach starts off by revealing his most valuable beauty tip: If you tie a bandana over your head like this, no one will know you’re bald. Oh my heck. Has anyone told MAXIM about this brilliant idea? They should make it the cover story of their next issue.

Adam makes plans for a brand new diet and workout regimen. Then he and John do each other’s hair and trade make-up tips, as Adam has a huge zit that needs concealed.

John gets some very gracious advice from one of the NJ’s.
Alex: “You need to shave off your goatee, get some contacts, get a tan, work out, wax your chest, whiten your teeth, get plastic surgery, a whole new wardrobe, and... basically change your whole appearance so you look just like me. And, like, oh my gawd! have you tried my pretty new lip gloss? It’s watermelon-cherry-banana-kiwi with sparkles!”
John: *hides under his pillow*

**Uh, oh. What’s that? I feel a song coming on. We interrupt this summary for a very special musical performance... it’s the world premier of the hit Broadway song “__(Insert name)___ is a Ditz”, sung by Judy Garland herself!**

__(Insert name)___ is a Ditz
(sung to the melody of “Puttin’ on the Ritz” by Irving Berlin)

Have you seen the newest Joes
Dressed in chic Valentinos
Come to win Melana’s heart
Even though they’re not that smart

Six-packs and narrow waistlines
Tanned backs and firm, round behinds
Flash a dazzling smile
You’ll be staying a while

Now, if you're John
And you don't know what to put on
Don’t sing, but go where fashion sits
Alex is a Ditz
Different Joes will weasel in and
Try to kiss Adam’s new girlfriend;
He has zits
Jason is a Ditz

Manners are important, this is simple
Unless you have big muscles and a dimple
Pop that pimple

Zach, you better not act so rude
She might pick the curly-haired dude
With the glitz
Mike is such a Ditz

------ short instrumental break ------

Kathy Griffin says they’re only so-so.
They are entertaining on the show, though
Average Joe, yo.

Average Joes will win the girl’s heart
Not the models, if she is smart
Use your wits
Please don’t choose a Ditz

Now, back to our regularly scheduled summary…

Revenge of the Nerds Average Joes

Now, here’s where the AJ’s get to save some face. They are to play basketball against the NJ’s, with Melana as the referee. The winners get to have a fancy dinner with Melana, while the losers get to wait on them.

Side note: Mike and Alex are wearing those little stocking caps that are very hip in middle schools right now, and it reminded me of that episode of “Friends” where Joey is trying to look like he’s 19. Also, Jason makes an interesting (read: asinine) comment regarding the NJ’s muscular physiques:
Jason: We *look* like we can play basketball better than they do, therefore, we will win.
Alex: That’s whack. Playstation is whack.
Mike: I pull your pants down right now! (Oops, sorry. Wrong show.)

Fortunately for the AJ’s, the NJ’s aren’t quite as good as basketball as they look like they might be, so the AJ’s get to go to dinner with Melana.

During dinner, Adam decides he’s the Mole, and sabotages John.
Adam: Hey John, sing your song again.
John: Melana wanted me to sing my song again, so I did. (Singing)
Adam & Zach: *snicker*
Melina: *politely smiles and tries to refrain from covering her ears*
Tiger Lily: *covers her ears*
*cut to coyotes howling, which sounds amazingly similar to John’s singing*

Somehow, the NJ’s still managed to look better than the AJ’s, wearing their goofy chef hats (color me surprised), even with Adam doing his fetching Ahnold impression.

Tomorrow, they will go on group dates, and Melana will choose one guy from each group to have a private date with.

Group Date #1: Mike, Zach & Alex

Pretty uneventful. They take a tram ride in the mountains, and then go for a hike. Zach says Melana’s “the one”, and denies for the millionth time that he’s the house asshole. Alex says he’s into God and animals. Melana tells Mike he looks like Joe Millionaire. He says he hears that all the time. This is obviously something that bothers him, so just for spite, I will say it again, as I would if I were talking to him face to face. Dude, you look just like Evan Marriott’s evil twin sister brother.

Melana decides to take Alex on the solo date, because she wants to hear more about his past. Uh, oh. Melana, honey, be careful what you wish for....

Here’s what happens on Alex’s solo date: Alex proceeds to tell Melana his entire life story. He tells her all about his stalkerish tendencies and ex-con drug addict girlfriends. Melana is seeing “red flags” everywhere (and no, these are not the fun little wavy SBlows kind of red flags, either). Safe to say that Alex is gone.

Group date #2: John, Adam & Jason

The guys are looking silly in their polo outfits, but it definitely does look like fun. John is insecure (as usual), and tells Melana he still hasn’t washed his cheek from when she kissed him on their last date. (Um… Melana? Shouldn’t this be another one of those “red flag” moments?) Adam tells Melana he wishes he could hold her in his arms again, and she acts suitably flustered, but pleased. Jason, our little weathergirl, turns out to be really good at polo. In the end, Melana tells John and Adam she’s going to pick Jason for the solo date, so she can learn more about him.

Jason’s solo date consisted of a romantic gondola ride, and dinner in a cabana (does this mean he’s her cabana boy?). The highlight of the evening was Melana asking, “So, you like girls only, right?” and Jason looking bewildered and offended while answering, “Um, yeah.” Note to self: write a reality show where the guys are all bi-sexual, but the girl doesn’t know it. Then see if the guys go for her, or for the other guys. Then have the guy in the end choose whether he wants the girl or one of the guys, and reveal the secret to her. Sell the show to FOX. Make millions. Freakin hilarious.

Jason and Melana end up having a make out session, and he floats back home around 2:00am, making all the other guys’ imaginations run wild. He says he’s got the Melana bug, which of course is contagious.

The Average Joes get even more jealous of the New Joes during a final pool party, while Melana drools over the NJ’s without their shirts on. All the Joes tell Melana how much they love her once again, then it’s time for...

<drumroll>

Eliminations

Kathy wishes she had Melana’s “sweet hookup”, and tells Melana she has to *cutting sound, finger across throat motion* two guys.

In a nutshell,
Alex is a stalker and a freak. Gone. No surprise here.
John is also a freak, (but she can’t say that, ‘cause it would hurt his tender feelings) and he’s also gone. He gives Melana a rock from their first date to remember him by. C’mon now, everyone all together: Awwwwwww.... how swe-*gag* ...at least we don’t have to hear him singing anymore.

Next week: Melana’s “cousin” shows up in a fat suit to give the guys a little test. Should be fascinating.

First time summary writer. Be nice.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Bebo 11-26-03 1
   RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... ladro 11-26-03 4
       RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Tiger Lily 11-26-03 5
           RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Robotext 11-28-03 19
   RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... I_AM_HE 11-29-03 24
 That was great! Bucky Katt 11-26-03 2
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... hunterjax 11-26-03 3
   RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... oOjOo 11-26-03 6
       RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... JustMe2001M 11-26-03 7
       RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... realitycoholic 11-26-03 9
           Warning Bebo 11-27-03 11
       RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Bebo 11-27-03 10
       RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Savory Truffle 11-27-03 12
           RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... oOjOo 11-27-03 13
               RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... JustMe2001M 11-27-03 14
               RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Robotext 11-28-03 20
                   RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... oOjOo 11-28-03 21
       RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... ladro 11-27-03 16
 That was great, Tiger Lily!!!! tig_ger 11-26-03 8
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... kyngsladye 11-27-03 15
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... woeisme1 11-28-03 17
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Angelfood 11-28-03 18
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... MandyM 11-28-03 22
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Schnookie Palookie 11-28-03 23
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Scuttlebutt 11-29-03 25
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Deonna 11-29-03 26
 RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 ... Ra_8secs 11-30-03 27
 Thanks guys! Tiger Lily 12-01-03 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-26-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"

No fair! I almost choked because this made me laugh so hard!

Note to self: write a reality show where the guys are all bi-sexual, but the girl doesn’t know it. Then see if the guys go for her, or for the other guys. Then have the guy in the end choose whether he wants the girl or one of the guys, and reveal the secret to her. Sell the show to FOX. Make millions. Freakin hilarious.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this on the air next season.

WTG, Tiger Lily!

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-26-03, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
very good. WTF is an Osten? ( all the guys left are Ostens anyway)

11-26-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Sorry; Survivor reference. Ostens are pathetic wimpy girlie men. Referring mostly to the New Joes, but John fits that description quite nicely, too, don't you think?

The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-28-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Freakin hilarious!

That perfectly defines your summary.

Regarding John as an "Osten", I do not think so because you have to be mistaken for a man first.

(Just like Osten was on Survivor)

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
>Mike: I pull your pants
>down right now! (Oops,
>sorry. Wrong show.)

>
>No fair! I almost choked
>because this made me laugh
>so hard!

heehee, you're not the only one Bebo!

great summary Tiger Lily! (i've only watched part of one episode i think, but this had to be waaay better than the show itself )

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-26-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "That was great!"
I missed the episode but your summary caught me right up-to-date! Fantastic! I wouldn't have known that this was your first summary if you didn't say so.

"You are so wrong, philosophers weep at the sound of your voice."

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Nice work. I especially appreciated the song. Now that's talent!

I only wish you would've mentioned the BUCKETS of sweat pouring from our sweet Adam during the basketball game. The progression of sweat stains on his shirt were cracking me up. That guy was throwing down some serious hustle! Let's hope Melana wasn't too busy drooling over the NJ's to notice A-dog's effort.

oOjOo 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-26-03, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oOjOo Click to send private message to oOjOo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
ok im really sorry and im not trying to be all supergirl or anything but jason and alex are actually personal friends of mine ..its kind of unfair for you guys to judge them just because of their looks. now doesnt that sound a little familiar?
jason is hardworking and his under min wage job is fun enough for him but the life he lives needs money ..and its not fair to laugh at someone just because they have high expectations on a job they want.
alex is sweet and very caring. his honesty to melana wasnt his fault. one, he did warn her ahead of time. he did say that he was notorious for being a little too honest. two, i dont see how if the relationship is long term and if you really care about someone, why wouldnt you wait 6 hours? actually, id get worried and call someone for help. three, how is what his ex girlfriend ( whom i might add was a kicka$$ bi0tch player whos other boyfriend also found out so now shes actually single and trust me, its been a loooooong time ) with drugs and prozac supposed to be his problem? its not like he did any of it.
please dont judge before you know =]
-karen

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-26-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-03 AT 07:32 PM (EST)

I'm sorry....I promise I'm not trying to offend here......but is that written defense of Alex and Jason supposed to make us believe they're normal kids? I'm more than willing to give them a break and call them average for their age, background, and "life-style" (whatever that may be....I don't ask and I don't expect them to tell). I don't think they are what they are because of their "looks"....I think they are what they are because they rely on their looks. Always a shallow course.

Oh yeah....by the way TL......FANTASTIC SUMMARY!!!!!!!!!

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-26-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-03 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-27-03 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

It's SO nice when a reality show contestant's friend shows up on our boards to sing their praises! We REALLY appreciate all the inside scoop on why the chump should be loved and why they're SO misunderstood. You've totally changed my mind about your little friends, Jason and Alex...

**Edited to take out the offending statement. Also edited to send a BIG "I'm sorry" to Bebo for violation any of RTVW rules!**

11-27-03, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Warning"
While bashing contestants is openly encouraged, bashing other posters is a violation of the site guidelines. I strongly advise you to edit your post to remove that last line, since it is clearly a slam against the poster.

Just because the poster claims to know contestants doesn't mean you can bash the poster.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

11-27-03, 00:26 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Welcome to the forums. One thing you need to know about this place - bashing reality show contestants is openly encouraged. On some forums, we even post warning messages to let folks who know these contestants personally what they may see on the forums.

And summaries are encouraged (and actually expected) to bash the characters portrayed on these shows.

Savory Truffle 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-27-03, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savory%20Truffle Click to send private message to Savory%20Truffle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-03 AT 04:08 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-27-03 AT 04:05 AM (EST)

Karen, your pal Alex is a simp. It may not be his fault that his ex-girlfriend is a drug addict, but it's sure as hell his fault that he continued seeing someone with values so different from what he claims to be his own. If you find yourself in a horribly dysfunctional relationship and you can't muster the self esteem and inner strength to move on, there is a real problem.

Second, waiting 6 hours outside someone's house is just plain spooky. There's no good that can come of that. If you're concerned about the person's safety, go home and call the police.. or the morgue. And if you think the person may be fooling around behind your back, for GOD'S sake, leave after the first 2 hours and salvage some tiny shred of dignity! But by all means, if you can't bring yourself to do either of these things, and your psycho instincts take over and you find yourself staring at your watch for SIX hours.... DO NOT TELL ANYONE - EVER!

As for Jason, well, like, I hope he does get that weatherman job some day. You can really admire a guy with big dreams. I was just saying to my pals at the gym the other day that society would be a lot better off if we had more weather personalities for our kids to look up to. Who wouldn't want to roll out of bed and to Jason Storm's smiling face telling us it's going to be another sun shining day!?

Oh, I also LOVED Jason's answer to Mel's "what would your friends say about you" question. "They all call me a pretty boy".. haha.. translated to english, this means roughly "I'm hoping you'll think I'm modest and humble by sounding self depricating, but really I just want you to know that your perception that all your friends will think you have the BESTEST looking boyfriend on the entire planet is validated 100% by everyone I know!" Classic - absolutely classic. Zach ain't got no game like that!

As for Mike, well, he's apparently good enough looking to get by without any game at all - Mel: "so what do you say to the women you date?", Mike: "umm.. nothing.. heh heh..". Obviously not destined for TV weather personality greatness.

11-27-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oOjOo Click to send private message to oOjOo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-03 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

I'm not trying to defend them because if theyre wrong then that's their problem. I'm just trying to say, just because they look good (which isnt really their faults), doesnt mean that they are the kind of people you would automatically think they are. I know Alex's attempt to meet ends with his girlfriend was little extreme but he wasn't sure whether or not she was cheating. He wasn't trying to date someone who wasn't for him. How could he have known? Until of course the little sick excuse. Also, he wasn't crying at the end of the show because of Melana. He said it was because he was crying for his daughter. The Average Joe producers edited the show to look like he was crying about Melana. He also said the same thing on Good Morning America. Also, Jason should become a weatherman. I mean, just because he looks good, doesnt mean that he'll automatically get the job. It's true though. He really wants it and I think he deserves it. He doesn't deserve to just be a waiter. Besides, I hate that restaurant. HAahaha, but still, I'm not saying these guys are perfect, because theyre not, but they're not total airheads just because they look good. And still, I'm not arguing ok? Please, no one get mad just because I'm saying this. It's all from myself.
-karen
p.s. also, because they look good, doesnt mean they get all they want. jasons friends including me, call him a pretty boy because he is the best looking guy out of our whole close knit friends. and hes also shy too. haha, but he doesnt flaunt it. im pretty mad at him for making that comment at basketball about them looking better so theyd win. haha, jason!

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-27-03, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
No problem, Karen. I wasn't trying to argue either. Everybody's got their opinions and that's fine. You did say, however, that "because they look good (which isnt really their faults), doesnt mean that they are the kind of people you would automatically think they are". Actually, my point was not that we are judging them by their looks, but by the fact that they are relying and depending on their looks as a vehicle for where they are in life and where they want to go. It's one thing to want to grow up to be a model because you have the look. It's another thing to want to grow up and become a weatherman because of the way you look. Looks are subjective as you can see from the wide variety (both positive and negative) of opinions on their "attractiveness" (to both sexes). People who rely on their looks alone without working towards a more tangible lasting talent go the way of the Anna Nicole Smiths, Donny Osmonds, David Cassidys, etc.

In TL's summary, she makes a very valid point. Usually, weathermen go to school to get an education on the subject. The only exception to this has been the silly "weathergirl" character that was created to bring in the male viewer. I'm assuming that Jason isn't gearing his career towards this venue.

Lastly, I'm not going to judge Alex's behavior relating to the six hour camp out at his girlfriend's home. I think the behavior these new three models bring to the show is not that different than most of the AJs. They, and most of the AJs, have shown a lack of maturity and, contrary to their own opinions, contribute very little in the way of depth and life experience. They are, however, very entertaining.

Isn't this the actual goal of a reality show though?

It may be somewhat cruel, but we are laughing AT these people, not with them.

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
If you are personal friends with Jason and Alex, and you call Jason "pretty boy", does that make Alex "not-as-pretty-as-Jason boy" or "second prettiest boy"?

11-28-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
jason and alex dont hang out wif each other. hahaha

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
It doesn't surprise me that Jason and Alex have a female friend that is wanting to defend them, but I do find it curious that it is the same female friend. At first I was planning to make some snide remarks, but I decieded to take this oppourtinity to ask a couple of questions (I will save my snide remarks for another thread .

1. Why are they on a dating show? What is their motivation? It requires a great deal of something, be it Ego, or money, or naivity, for someone to go on a reality TV show. I don't believe that they can't find a date.

2. What did they know and when did they know it? From the persective of the TV viewer the Better looking Joes (BJs) appear to have been given many advantages in the show. By coming in later in the show, the BJs had a statistically better chance of winning (whatever winning entails). The BJs were not burdened with have to live with and getting to know 15 other guys for three days.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-26-03, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "That was great, Tiger Lily!!!!"
What a great summary!!! I laughed so hard watching the show, and you did it justice summarizing it. My favorite parts were the Judy Garland parody and:

So apparently Zach is a little confused. He seems to think that he’s on Survivor. Um... Zach, alliances are not really necessary here, and all the guys left are Ostens anyway. Give it a rest.

Note to self: write a reality show where the guys are all bi-sexual, but the girl doesn’t know it. Then see if the guys go for her, or for the other guys. Then have the guy in the end choose whether he wants the girl or one of the guys, and reveal the secret to her. Sell the show to FOX. Make millions. Freakin hilarious.

I can see it happening. (*rubs hands together with glee*)

Hope to see you write more summaries!

A Kyngsladye Original

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-27-03, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
I was distraught because I missed episode 4. Sooooo, I've been checking and checking the boards for the summary of the lost episode. Turkey day prep delayed me, but here I am! This was an awesome summary, Tiger Lily. I laughed and laughed and now I don't feel so sad that I missed Wednesday.

La Métropole

woeisme1 4081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-28-03, 05:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Hey Lily FANTASTIC job!!! I don't even watch the show and I can still say with certainty that I don't think a better summary could be produced!!

John: "I just don’t know if I can compete with these guys’ looks." Um, John, honey, is there some confusion about that? I don’t know if they told you, but you’re one of the “Average” Joes. You’re... nevermind. We’ll discuss this further in the Makeover section of this week’s summary.

Had to wipe coffee off my screen right from the get go-hysterical.

The Ditz song interlude--awesome.

Gotta love a summation (and it's author) with these immortal words in them

An original Sonny Crockett creation
I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan
Woe *heart* you and your summary TL

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
*applause applause*

A song parody on your first summary!!!
I love it.

And I missed the first part (darn JoeMil), so thanks for the details!

"I don't want to be evil now, I'm just saying the truth" - Olinda

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
LMAO! This was hysterical Tiger Lily! I can't believe this was your first summary! Promise us you will write more! From the song parody to your idea for a new show the the Kip quote from that other Joe show, I was laughing through the whole thing! Way to go!

MM Maybe this world is another planet’s hell

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-03 AT 09:19 PM (EST)

WOOHOO TigerLily! Fantastic summary (can't believe it was your first). I LMAO throughout the whole thing but here are a couple of my faves:

"Okay. So apparently Zach is a little confused. He seems to think that he’s on Survivor. Um... Zach, alliances are not really necessary here, and all the guys left are Ostens anyway. Give it a rest."

"Manners are important, this is simple
Unless you have big muscles and a dimple
Pop that pimple"

Makeover time was hilarious. Great stuff! Thanks for the laughs.

*Not Grinchy when I read a great summary*

Scuttlebutt 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-03, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuttlebutt Click to send private message to Scuttlebutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
You are too good at this! Thanks for making the show even better for me!

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-29-03, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
You have TRUE TALENT!

I loved "Mike: I pull your pants down right now! (Oops, sorry. Wrong show.)" Thank-you from all of us Schmorons!

Also loved "(and no, these are not the fun little wavy SBlows kind of red flags, either)"

Thanks alot for the review! I missed the first half hour, I can't believe that John sang again *LOL*

You are going to be rich! "Note to self: write a reality show where the guys are all bi-sexual, but the girl doesn’t know it. Then see if the guys go for her, or for the other guys. Then have the guy in the end choose whether he wants the girl or one of the guys, and reveal the secret to her. Sell the show to FOX. Make millions. Freakin hilarious."

Try and remenber the little people, ok?

Deonna

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Average Joe Official Episode 4 Summary"
Tiger Lily!

Fantastic summary! I was cracking up the whole way through, and the only parts of the show I've seen have been the NBC promo commercials! Now I've got to watch it this Monday. I'm usually over at Survivor forums, writing summaries and spoofs, etc.

So much to like. A couple highlights:

Wow. She must be especially benevolent to have made the decision to keep three gorgeous guys around for the sake of fairness.

He’s going to befriend the NJ’s. They’re on his side. Make them like him, manipulate them, gain their trust, and then break them down. Okay. So apparently Zach is a little confused. He seems to think that he’s on Survivor. Um... Zach, alliances are not really necessary here, and all the guys left are Ostens anyway. Give it a rest.

Keep it up!

-- Ra, as fast as light

12-01-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
28. "Thanks guys!"
Thank you all for the wonderful praise, and for encouraging my bad behavior. I had so much fun doing this! *smooches* for everyone!

The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •