The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
Tonight's “twist” had to be the lamest survivor innovation ever. I personally would rather have seen the original Maraamu implode of their own stupidity, which would have, at least, permitted the strongest members of their team to make it to the merge and shake things up on individual immunity. Now we’ve got Pollyannas x 10 (assuming that Rotu throws the next two immunity
challenges and boot Rob and Sean). Woo hoo, it’s like Big Brother 1 all over again. BORING! Bad idea. And bad t.v.

I for one actually liked Rob and Sean, despite their egotism and non-existent playing strategy. And Sarah was a good sidekick, until she lost her man. Jeez, did you ever see anything so
pathetic as Sarah after the twist? In any event, I think the Maraamus provided good entertainment value, even if it was in
a can’t-tear-my-eyes-away-from-the-roadkill kinda way. Frankly, if I were on Survivor, a break from the real world, I would not act like it was boot camp either. I think basically, I am just really pissed off at the random unfairness of it all. The rules of the original game, with no switches in the teams, provided a perimeter within which the players could strategize in a real way. So what if it often lead to a Pagonging? What do we have here but a setup that allows the ultimate Pagonging? I’ve been a fan (in a survivorsucks kinda way) since the beginning, but this twist really blew chunks as far as I’m concerned. Blech!

The only thing I see that will prevent this from being an 8-2 merger is (1) the phantom early merge at 12. And given how demoralized the Maraamu are, I wouldn’t be surprised if Marky B and Jiffy Poo changed the rules midstream to do that, except that
the preview and next week’s title made it seem like it will be business as usual. The only other hope is, (2) that the threat that the winner on the IC challenge is entitled to raid the losers’ camp is too much for Cap’n Gabe to tolerate, and he doesn’t allow them to throw the challenge.

Worst. Survivor. Ever.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Am I alone in thinking this was... dabo 03-21-02 1
 RE: Am I alone in thinking this was... SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 2
   RE: Am I alone in thinking this was... ulalame 03-21-02 3
       RE: Am I alone in thinking this was... Loree 03-21-02 4
 RE: Am I alone in thinking this was... aymelek 03-21-02 5
 RE: Am I alone in thinking this was... Kokoro 03-21-02 6
 RE: Am I alone in thinking this was... Fast Eddie 03-21-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
Frankly, yes, it was pretty wretched. Aside from throwing Gina a lifeline (and darnit she still wound up in Maraamu) and ensuring that the Knuckleheads would have a real difficult time surviving, MB ended up with such a more lopsided tribal situation with New Maraamu. Now Gina, Kathy, Neleh and Paschal have to try to beat all the rest! Yeesh. Hopefully Rotu can't continue sitting out Rob the challenge blower, that's the only chance they have.

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
I posted in this thread that this was a really huge mistake by MB, and that it might cost him the future of the Survivor series. The WHOLE series.

It looks pretty darn predictable now. I think the ratings are going to drop significantly in the next few episodes.

What really burns me was that I was really enjoying this series. Unlike the dull, dry, featureless African plain with dull, dry, featureless, awful contestants, S-IV was fun to watch! Now it's going to generate all the excitement of watching fresh paint dry.

Congratulations, MB, on a move so stupid that it makes Rob and Sarah look like Mensa applicants!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
By light of day, I am still steaming about the whole thing. I feel really cheated, and I think at the core is the fact that, like you, I was really enjoying this season until last night. I thought it had the best drama and dynamic going since S1. I don't think I have it in me to totally turn my back on the show, but all the joy has been taken out of it for me, at least for the time being.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
I was enjoying the series too. Now I'm not so sure. And what kind of team challenges can they have with the 4 weak Maraamus participating? They may as well move right to individual immunity. I always enjoyed the team competitions. But with 4 weak team members MB probably has to change the challenges so that Maraamu has enough players to compete. Good Grief! Unless the old Rotus completely start to fight among themselves this is going to be boring for awhile. And say what you will. It was fun watching Sean, Rob and Sarah plot and plan.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-02, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
It WOULD have been a lot of fun to watch the 4 misfits Sean, Rob, Sarah & Vee canabalize themselves once they got rid of Gina. I wonder what would have happened if it were just Rob & Sean left on Maraamu? (Because I KNOW they would have lost every single challenge EVER!) Tie vote perhaps? Tug-o-war? Sword fighting...? LOL! Now it looks like they may get down to only 2 anyway on Maraamu because I really don't see them getting anything organized to win anything (unless Burnett makes up some more rules!). Unless there's a Most Unorganized Misfit challenge...?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-21-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
Well since it's only the second Twist ever that's kinda harsh =)

Personally, I felt the Africa twist was the worst ever....all it did was the same thing as this just more extreme - it got rid of people that were actually semi-interesting to watch, while keeping the 2 people who most likely would have gone next (and the two most uninteresting people there): Kim J (unless they kept up the feeling sorry for the old one) and Frank (assuming each team lost one more immunity) I mean as if Ethan wasn't boring enough....

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-02, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Am I alone in thinking this was the worst "twist" ever?"
The only good I can see here is that it got rid of Sarah right away, and if the Rotus have any sense, they will chill out during the next two ICs so they can lose and we can be rid of the racist and the sausage-brain.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •