The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Shulman 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-28-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shulman Click to send private message to Shulman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
I live in New York and Big Brother is being pre-empted for a meaningless football game. I will not see the live eviction as a result. It will be televised in the middle of the night but I refuse to watch it. I might as well find out who got evicted via the internet. CBS is up to their old tricks of pre-empting BB.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... Snidget 08-28-07 1
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... abbahammer 08-28-07 2
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... Pretty_Kitty 08-28-07 3
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... brvnkrz 08-28-07 4
   RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... Snidget 08-28-07 10
       Awesome brvnkrz 08-28-07 11
           RE: Awesome Snidget 08-29-07 16
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... EnglProf 08-28-07 5
   RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... brvnkrz 08-28-07 8
       RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... lpsafe 08-29-07 15
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... nailbone 08-28-07 6
   RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... brvnkrz 08-28-07 7
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... Estee 08-28-07 9
 Oh Hell! vince3 08-28-07 12
   RE: Oh Hell! tweets 08-28-07 13
       RE: Oh Hell! brvnkrz 08-29-07 18
           RE: Oh Hell! Snidget 08-29-07 19
   RE: Oh Hell! ohmyheck 08-28-07 14
       RE: Oh Hell! Tamena 08-29-07 17
           RE: Oh Hell! flgranny 08-29-07 21
   RE: Oh Hell! ulalame 08-29-07 24
 RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... SilverStar 08-29-07 20
   RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... Snidget 08-29-07 22
       RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be ... SilverStar 08-29-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-07 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

I think this depends on your local station's contracts with the local teams, not CBS as a whole.

We are pre-empted for the Panther game in my media market, but my local station is worse than most about dumping the network programming.

ETA: next station over is airing the regular programming, sigh.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

abbahammer 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-28-07, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail abbahammer Click to send private message to abbahammer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
Watch it online. All of these shows are available, no?

Not for me, as they don't allow the internet feeds to be watched in Canada for whatever reason...

Abbahammer

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-28-07, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
oh for fricks sake looks like I dont get to watch either. If zach goes I wont care one bit but if its wamber....ooooh I'll be so ticked!! I love a good meltdown

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
There isn't anywhere that we can watch it online as it airs?

RIP, Bill Walsh

08-28-07, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
http://www.hamsterwatch.com/ has a link to
http://www.5tags.com/bb/

which may work at East Coast Time, I do not know if the peeps running that will be preempted on Thursday or not.

08-28-07, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Awesome"
Thank you.

RIP, Bill Walsh

08-29-07, 06:04 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Awesome"
Gack, they are also preempted on Thursday for football as well.

*sigh*

I need to see if I can pick up CBS from the next market over with the antennae I have around here for when the cable goes out.

I did check it for Tuesday show and it does work.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-28-07, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-07 AT 02:45 PM (EST)

This happened in our area last Thursday, but DH found an auxiliary CBS station airing it live at the same time our main CBS channel was airing the football game.

I'm not sure quite how it works, but it's worth a shot for you guys. See if CBS has a brother network or auxiliary feed on one of the other channels. Our CBS is channel 2 and the alternate CBS was channel 19 or something, 15 or so channels up the "dial." Good luck!

08-28-07, 04:03 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
I haven't been able to find one in our area. *pout*

RIP, Bill Walsh

lpsafe 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-29-07, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lpsafe Click to send private message to lpsafe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
not sure if you are in the bay area or not (thought you might be with your logo) but if so, it will air at 1:37 a.m. on Friday on kpix according to my tivo =)

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
The Cowboys also play on Thursday, but I don't *think* it's on our CBS channel.

08-28-07, 04:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
The 49ers play and they ARE on CBS. Grrrr.

RIP, Bill Walsh

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
Also among the pre-empted, so I'm going to start the ESCT and then rely on it. Let's see who suffers more season-ending injuries: the Jets or the Donato family.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Oh Hell!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-07 AT 02:41 PM (EST)

These are the 4 football cities that will NOT have to worry about BB8 possibly being delayed for a preseason football game.....: Baltimore, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Cincinnati (they play each other on Friday...... Balt. at Atl. and Indy at Cincy...)

The schedule for Thursday:

Buffalo at Detroit 7:00
NY Giants at New England 7:30
NY Jets at Philadelphia 7:30
Washington at Jacksonville 7:30
Cleveland at Chicago 8:00
Green Bay at Tennesse 8:00
Kansas City at St. Louis 8:00
Dallas at Minnesota 8:00
Miami at New Orleans 8:00
Houston at Tampa Bay 8:00
Pittsburgh at Carolina 8:00 (*grumble*)
Arizona at Denver 9:00
San Francisco at San Diego 10:00
Oakland at Seattle 10:00

If you live in any of the listed cities, please check your local listings/localized version of TV Guide.com to find out if BB8 will be pre-empted for your local team's preseason football game..........

tweets 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-28-07, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tweets Click to send private message to tweets Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Oh Hell!"
    If it is pre-empted,some cities will show BB later in the night after the local news. Might want to call your local station to check if you are one of the cities that has a football game on. The Denver CBS station usually does this. As much as I love my Broncos I would much rather watch B.B.

08-29-07, 08:08 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Oh Hell!"
It's listed at 1:30am here in San Francisco. But I'll have my game on mute in the background while I watch the link from up there. *points up*

RIP, Bill Walsh

08-29-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Oh Hell!"
I checked with that site this morning, looks like they are pre-empted where they get the feed from as well.

grrrrrrr

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-28-07, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Oh Hell!"
It's a good thing we have no football team in Utah. We never get preempted for that. Breaking news on the other hand, 'There is a cat in a tree. We must take an hour to show you the rescue efforts.' Stuff like that.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-29-07, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Oh Hell!"
Pre empted here too and what makes it worse is we have Directv and the NFL Sunday ticket where we're suppose to be able to watch every single NFL game there is...
cept pre-season apparently again.
And the only game I would care about (Tampa v Anybody) isn't being aired in our area of course

Wonder if Philly is cutting the show too?
Thank God for TiVo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

flgranny 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-29-07, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flgranny Click to send private message to flgranny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Oh Hell!"
I just checked our TV listings, and was relieved to learn that in Southwest Florida the Tampa game is being broadcast on NBC, Miami is on CW, and I can't even find a listing for Jacksonville. There is no football scheduled for CBS. In other words, BB8 is not being pre-empted here. Whew!!!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-29-07, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Oh Hell!"
Los Angeles doesn't even HAVE a football team and they are still pre-empting the show for football. GAH!!!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
Looks like I'm one of the lucky(?) ones who will actually get to see the show live. Browns football is on NBC here. I can try and post some in the ECST.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

08-29-07, 03:11 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
post some....

hmmmm....

So that doesn't mean detailed seg caps completely with snark does it?

At least if we get the main points that would be loverly

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-07, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
I will try my best, but I doubt I'll be up to par with you veteran seg-cappers. Also depends on whether I'm feeling snarky or not.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •