URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1319
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"

Posted by Shulman on 08-28-07 at 12:08 PM
I live in New York and Big Brother is being pre-empted for a meaningless football game. I will not see the live eviction as a result. It will be televised in the middle of the night but I refuse to watch it. I might as well find out who got evicted via the internet. CBS is up to their old tricks of pre-empting BB.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Thursday's "Big Brother"to be Pre-Empted"
Posted by Snidget on 08-28-07 at 12:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-07 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

I think this depends on your local station's contracts with the local teams, not CBS as a whole.

We are pre-empted for the Panther game in my media market, but my local station is worse than most about dumping the network programming.

ETA: next station over is airing the regular programming, sigh.

Posted by abbahammer on 08-28-07 at 12:58 PM
Watch it online. All of these shows are available, no?

Not for me, as they don't allow the internet feeds to be watched in Canada for whatever reason...

Abbahammer

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 08-28-07 at 01:30 PM
oh for fricks sake looks like I dont get to watch either. If zach goes I wont care one bit but if its wamber....ooooh I'll be so ticked!! I love a good meltdown

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-28-07 at 02:22 PM
There isn't anywhere that we can watch it online as it airs?

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by Snidget on 08-28-07 at 04:53 PM
http://www.hamsterwatch.com/ has a link to
http://www.5tags.com/bb/

which may work at East Coast Time, I do not know if the peeps running that will be preempted on Thursday or not.

"Awesome"
Posted by brvnkrz on 08-28-07 at 05:23 PM
Thank you.

RIP, Bill Walsh

"RE: Awesome"
Posted by Snidget on 08-29-07 at 06:04 AM
Gack, they are also preempted on Thursday for football as well.

*sigh*

I need to see if I can pick up CBS from the next market over with the antennae I have around here for when the cable goes out.

I did check it for Tuesday show and it does work.

Posted by EnglProf on 08-28-07 at 02:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-07 AT 02:45 PM (EST)

This happened in our area last Thursday, but DH found an auxiliary CBS station airing it live at the same time our main CBS channel was airing the football game.

I'm not sure quite how it works, but it's worth a shot for you guys. See if CBS has a brother network or auxiliary feed on one of the other channels. Our CBS is channel 2 and the alternate CBS was channel 19 or something, 15 or so channels up the "dial." Good luck!

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-28-07 at 04:03 PM
I haven't been able to find one in our area. *pout*

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by lpsafe on 08-29-07 at 02:38 AM
not sure if you are in the bay area or not (thought you might be with your logo) but if so, it will air at 1:37 a.m. on Friday on kpix according to my tivo =)

Posted by nailbone on 08-28-07 at 03:05 PM
The Cowboys also play on Thursday, but I don't *think* it's on our CBS channel.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-28-07 at 04:02 PM
The 49ers play and they ARE on CBS. Grrrr.

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by Estee on 08-28-07 at 04:15 PM
Also among the pre-empted, so I'm going to start the ESCT and then rely on it. Let's see who suffers more season-ending injuries: the Jets or the Donato family.

"Oh Hell!"
Posted by vince3 on 08-28-07 at 10:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-07 AT 02:41 PM (EST)

These are the 4 football cities that will NOT have to worry about BB8 possibly being delayed for a preseason football game.....: Baltimore, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Cincinnati (they play each other on Friday...... Balt. at Atl. and Indy at Cincy...)

The schedule for Thursday:

Buffalo at Detroit 7:00
NY Giants at New England 7:30
NY Jets at Philadelphia 7:30
Washington at Jacksonville 7:30
Cleveland at Chicago 8:00
Green Bay at Tennesse 8:00
Kansas City at St. Louis 8:00
Dallas at Minnesota 8:00
Miami at New Orleans 8:00
Houston at Tampa Bay 8:00
Pittsburgh at Carolina 8:00 (*grumble*)
Arizona at Denver 9:00
San Francisco at San Diego 10:00
Oakland at Seattle 10:00

If you live in any of the listed cities, please check your local listings/localized version of TV Guide.com to find out if BB8 will be pre-empted for your local team's preseason football game..........

"RE: Oh Hell!"
Posted by tweets on 08-28-07 at 11:21 PM
    If it is pre-empted,some cities will show BB later in the night after the local news. Might want to call your local station to check if you are one of the cities that has a football game on. The Denver CBS station usually does this. As much as I love my Broncos I would much rather watch B.B.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-29-07 at 08:08 AM
It's listed at 1:30am here in San Francisco. But I'll have my game on mute in the background while I watch the link from up there. *points up*

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by Snidget on 08-29-07 at 08:53 AM
I checked with that site this morning, looks like they are pre-empted where they get the feed from as well.

grrrrrrr

Posted by ohmyheck on 08-28-07 at 11:51 PM
It's a good thing we have no football team in Utah. We never get preempted for that. Breaking news on the other hand, 'There is a cat in a tree. We must take an hour to show you the rescue efforts.' Stuff like that.

Posted by Tamena on 08-29-07 at 07:20 AM
Pre empted here too and what makes it worse is we have Directv and the NFL Sunday ticket where we're suppose to be able to watch every single NFL game there is...
cept pre-season apparently again.
And the only game I would care about (Tampa v Anybody) isn't being aired in our area of course

Wonder if Philly is cutting the show too?
Thank God for TiVo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Posted by flgranny on 08-29-07 at 02:32 PM
I just checked our TV listings, and was relieved to learn that in Southwest Florida the Tampa game is being broadcast on NBC, Miami is on CW, and I can't even find a listing for Jacksonville. There is no football scheduled for CBS. In other words, BB8 is not being pre-empted here. Whew!!!

Posted by ulalame on 08-29-07 at 07:16 PM
Los Angeles doesn't even HAVE a football team and they are still pre-empting the show for football. GAH!!!

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-07 at 02:27 PM
Looks like I'm one of the lucky(?) ones who will actually get to see the show live. Browns football is on NBC here. I can try and post some in the ECST.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

Posted by Snidget on 08-29-07 at 03:11 PM
post some....

hmmmm....

So that doesn't mean detailed seg caps completely with snark does it?

At least if we get the main points that would be loverly

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-07 at 04:30 PM
I will try my best, but I doubt I'll be up to par with you veteran seg-cappers. Also depends on whether I'm feeling snarky or not.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!