The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"P.O.V."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blambo 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-29-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blambo Click to send private message to Blambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"P.O.V."
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-07 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

I am new here so sorry if this has been covered, but is anyone else a little disappointed that America didn't get to vote and tell Eric how to use (or not use) the POV?

Does the POV ceremony take place the same day as the challenge?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: P.O.V. Snidget 08-29-07 1
   RE: P.O.V. Blambo 08-29-07 2
 RE: P.O.V. Colonel Zoidberg 08-30-07 3
   RE: P.O.V. Blambo 08-30-07 4
       America's Punching Bag. Estee 08-30-07 5
           RE: America's Punching Bag. mia rules18 08-30-07 6
               Eric and playing for HoH. Estee 08-30-07 7
                   RE: Eric and playing for HoH. geg6 08-30-07 8
                       RE: Eric and playing for HoH. Estee 08-30-07 9
                   RE: Eric and playing for HoH. mia rules18 08-30-07 10
                       RE: Eric and playing for HoH. Memaw 08-31-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-07, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: P.O.V."
I think it is a scheduling problem.

Not sure all of this is right, but it is close.

Thursday HOH live
Friday Food/Luxury comp Nominations
Sat. POV competition
Sunday Nominations and Food/Luxury competition Air
Monday POV Ceremoney
Tues POV Compeition and ceremony Air.

If they do a Sunday should Eric use the POV, then they already spoiled 1/2 of the Tuesday show.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-29-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blambo Click to send private message to Blambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: P.O.V."
Thanks, I kind of figured that was why it was done that way.

I don't even vote but I still would have liked to see what "America" would have wanted Eric to do...Apparently I am a control freak!!

Colonel Zoidberg 3643 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-30-07, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: P.O.V."
He's America's Player, sure, but let's give the guy some measure of independence, shall we? Besides, I would have either done the exact same thing or backdoored Jameka, and that wasn't Eric's call to make, so he did the easy thing.

Come on. Zach is a useless player and Amber's a total whiner. Would we really be sad for Amber OR Zach to go home?

08-30-07, 12:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: P.O.V."
I guess I sort of feel like Eric gave up his independence when he signed on to be "America's Player"...
ERIC IS MY ROBOT AND I WILL DO WITH HIM WHAT I PLEASE....
But seriously, I didn't necessarily want the nominations changed -and it is likely that he did what America wanted anyway...I would have just been interested to see Eric's game as COMPLETELY controlled by voting...And POV can create a major game-change...

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "America's Punching Bag."
I think having his game completely controlled by voting is why Eric's been avoiding HoH even more strongly than your average halfway-intelligent contestant. He's not just worried about player backlash: he's thinking about the chance of seeing America go sadistic and ordering him to put up Jessica, followed by a command to make Amber his new girlfriend. And if Eric was HoH, he would likely not be allowed to use the veto on anyone America had ordered him to nominate.

An Entertainment Weekly interview with BB's executive producer gave the impression that she was very surprised Eric was still in the house. Winning HoH may be his ticket out.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-30-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: America's Punching Bag."
I can't wait to see who wins HoH tonight!! Do you think this will be the week that Eric finally feels comfortable with being HOH? I'm hoping it's not Danielle, again...My money's on Zach if he stays.

08-30-07, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Eric and playing for HoH."
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-07 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

I think Eric has to be getting very nervous. Taking Jameka out of the HoH speculation for obvious reasons, he's looking at a field of:

Daniele & Dick: If they're honoring their alliance for a little while longer, either of them should put up Jameka and whoever's left over from tonight's block. But they could very easily decide that Jessica & Eric represent too potent a pairing, and either nominate them both or hope on a backdoor. (With everyone currently playing for Veto, nominating both may be the safer move.) Daniele doesn't care about promises unless someone makes them to her, and Dick could do just about anything, especially if it'll make Daniele happy.

Zach (if surviving): Working with Jameka doesn't give him enough of a power base. He'll definitely target one of the major pairs: temporarily ally with one duo, then go after the other. But which one? Eric can't count on Zach falling his way, because Dick is such an appealing F2 partner -- and given the amount of whining Daniele's done, you're going to look pretty good sitting next to her too. Eric & Jessica are actually the bigger jury threats here.

Amber (if surviving): Will nominate Eric. Yes, she could go after anyone except Jameka, but given that Eric, in her bigoted eyes, is power-hungry, evil, soulless, and betrayed her by not using the Blingie to save her when that's what God wanted -- I think Eric has to be her target. Amber think strategically? Not for long and not in this case.

Jessica: Can't play for HoH until the competition after this one. (Which may be less than a week away, given how little time is left in the season.)

So he's looking at one person who's almost guaranteed to put him up, one who's very likely to, two who'll do anything they can get away with, and the one person he can count on is out of commission for up to seven days. Not the best odds with six left. This might be the time to go for HoH -- except that he has to suspect he won't be in full control of his nominations, and the Vote For The Worst factor (assuming CBS keeps honest ballots) will be weighing on his mind.

Eric's best hopes of staying off the block are to hope Amber goes home, talk Zach into targeting the other pairing, and pray the Donatos keep their word. And no matter which one of those you're looking at, if you're Eric, you can't like those odds...

Win HoH this week if he can, and cross everything crossable on passing it back to Jessica for the next cycle? Maybe. But if America's vote controls one or both nominations, winning HoH could be the worst thing he could ever do.

I don't have a definitive answer here. I just feel he's considering going for it -- and almost terrified of what might happen if he gets it.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Eric and playing for HoH."
Well, I'm glad you came along and said much better exactly what I was thinking.

Now I'm skeered.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

08-30-07, 04:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Eric and playing for HoH."
Glad I could help. It'll be all about the ECST tonight -- with so many media markets blacked out and the local CW affiliates keeping their schedules under wraps, the West Coast will know what Eric does before the East. Here's hoping we've got a lot of members in active zones, or we could wind up with a very empty update thread.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-30-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Eric and playing for HoH."
Yes, well said. To me, his best option would be to go for the HOH and deal with whatever America throws at him. Otherwise, it looks pretty bleak for eyebrow Eric. Can't wait to see how it plays out tonight! I just looove my BB 8! Already getting sad thinking that it will be over soon...

Memaw 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-31-07, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Memaw Click to send private message to Memaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Eric and playing for HoH."
"looks pretty bleak for eyebrow Eric"

speaking of "eyebrow's", have you noticed how it seems that everyone in the BB House has one eyebrow sitting higher than the other...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •