The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 9 - Rank 'em"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-10, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 9 - Rank 'em"
Hope this isn't a duplicate thread. Haven't seen one started, so here goes....

1. Alex and Twitch - loved the concept, choreography, and especially Alex's performance. AWESOME

2. Ashley and Ade - beautiful pairing, Ashley is stunning (dark horse).

3. Adechiken and Lauren - um, surprised he's up this high actually, but he really entertained me with this piece.

4. Billy and Kathryn - I thought this was beautifully done. I really felt the emotion from Kathryn - wanted a teensy bit more from Billy. His dancing is flawless.

5. Lauren and Neil - nothing real spectacular about it so that's why they are in the middle.

6. Kent and Allison - ditto here. Kent hasn't really had much range in the dances he's been given (same kind of character), so I don't know why they are being so harsh on him.

7. Robert and Courtney - I so wanted Mark instead of Robert.

8. Melinda and Pasha - clunky, clumsy and lacking a lot

9. Jose and Anya - ugh

SOLOS
Alex
Billy
Lauren
Adechike
Ashley
Kent
Robert
Melinda
Jose

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em emydi 07-01-10 1
 RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em Sagebrush Dan 07-01-10 2
 RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em Belle Book 07-01-10 3
 RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em aethelstan 07-02-10 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-10, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em"
Even though Robert and Melinda picked the same partners again, I still think it is all prearranged...They wanted Alex and Twitch together..so they make the others look random, but they all prearranged imho.

1. Alex Twitch-amazing only one I watched 2x He is the best and most versatile dancer of the group. He may be in top 3 dancers ever on show. First NappyTabs routine that I absolutely loved...I love the hard hitting HH routines so much better. I hope they get an emmy nod

2. AdeChike and Lauren- I loved this and AdeChike really came out of his shell on this one. I just think that this HH (1st of nite) will get lost bc of Alwitch's one that went last. Def AdeChike's best dance. I think AdeChike is the next best versatile dancer of the bunch. I like him more than Billy

3. Ashley and Ade-wonderful I really love Ashley by far the best woman on the show (all 5) She will be the Crystal of SYTYCD7

4. Jose and Anya- I really liked this. I'm with the judges on this one, who cares if he messes up he is such a nice kid. I don't think he is in trouble this week, maybe next week

5. Robert and Courtney-I liked this a lot and I said to myself, Robert could be Mark's little (and less talented) little brother. Courtney's pants were awesome!

6. Kent and Allison-I liked this but I agree with the judges that he needs to be less pageanty and jazz face. I agree, I hope he gets a somber cont with Allison next week.

7. Lauren and Neil- I was a bit put off when Lauren said they would do great bc they're pretty...too Heathery for me. This was ok, I don't care for the choreographer and she again met my expectations..meh

8. Billy and Kathryn-meh this was ok but I agree no emotional involvement by Billy in dance. He's totally safe tho

9. Melinda and Pasha (poor Pasha all 2 (3 dances) of his partners will be/have been in the bottom 3) this was clunky in parts but better than her 1st ballroom with Pasha.

Solos

1. Kent
2. Lauren
3. Ashley
4. Billy
5. Alex
6. AdeChike
7. Robert
8. Jose
9. Melinda

Overall ratings

Alex 3.0
Ashley 3.0
Kent 3.5
AdeChike 4.0
Lauren 4.5
Jose 6.0
Billy 6.0
Robert 6.0
Melinda 9.0

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-10, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em"
1. Alex and Twitch - Amazing. Perfect concept--what a great idea. I wish I had a DVR--my VCR doesn't work with the new digital system. I'd watch this agian and again.

*Great big space*

2. Ashley and Ade - Very well done.

*Big space*

3. Adechike and Lauren - Ranked higher for me this week than last week. Well done and fun.

5. Lauren and Neil - I really like Lauren. Neil is the washout for me.

4. Billy and Kathryn - Nothing memorable.

6. Kent and Allison - This was sort of okay. Kent is in danger of becoming a one-hit wonder. Also in danger of becoming a Benji without Benji's talent in his specialities (Benji was a disappointment in pieces outside of his genre--but brilliant within his genre).

7. Robert and Courtney - I'm sure he can be good, but nothing really stood out for me.

Tie: 8. Melinda and Pasha - Clumsy; Jose and Anya - judges need to stop giving this guy a pass

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-01-10, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em"
Here are my rankings:

1. Alex & Twitch -- AWESOME! That's all I can say about it!

Humongous gap --

2. Ashley & Ade -- lovely performance but she needs to do more outside her genre. Not her fault, however.

Gap --

3. Lauren & Neil -- enjoyed the Broadway routine but below the first two dances.

4. Adechike & Lauren -- hey, both the hip-hop dances were good! Sadly, this one was the lesser of the two.

5. Billy & Kathryn -- technically, this was great. Performance wise, Billy needed more of a connection to Kathryn.

6. Kent & Allison -- Alex was great with Allison. Kent's just okay with her. Too bad.

7. Jose & Anya -- he's got plenty of charisma but his technique isn't great.

8. Melinda & Pasha -- I liked the salsa but this was another sub-par performance for her.

9. Robert & Courtney -- the jazz routine was weird for me.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-02-10, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 9 - Rank 'em"
Couldn't post yesterday. Canada Day after all

I'm just going to agree with everyone on Alex and Twitch's piece. When they did the intro, I was thinking, "Alex is such a perfectionist that he'll work on this piece morning, noon and night until it's perfect". Sure enough, it was outstanding. With about 40 seconds to go, when the beat got faster and yet they were still completely in sync. That was frikkin' insane. The OTT praise worries me but it definitely deserved a lot of it.

I also really enjoyed AdeChike this week. He looked like a different person.

I also agree that while Jose is good at what he does, he is not nearly as good or as versatile as Legacy was. Was stunned that Billy would single out Legacy. That was neat.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •