The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-13-08, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season 4"
Here's my favorite dances of season 4:

1.) Katee & Twitch - Contemp. "Door" routine. Choreographer: Mia Michaels. I really enjoyed seeing Katee perform in her style, and Twitch made the dance his own.

2.) Chelsie & Mark - Hip Hop "Bleeding Love". Choreographers: Napoleon & Tabitha. I loved the emotion on Chelsie's face, and how they acted and danced outside of their styles.

3.) Katee & Josh - Hip Hop "No Air". Choreographers: NapTab. A great way to start off the season, and showed Katee's versatility.

4.) Courtney & Mark - Jazz "French Burlesque". Choreographer: Sonya Tayeh. A quirky style that suited Mark perfectly, and Courtney's kick to the music during her walkover was done perfectly.

5.) Jessica & Will - Lyrical Jazz "shirt dance". Choreographer: Mandy Moore. A great dance that used the shirt prop very well.

6.) Katee & Josh - Contemp. Week 4. Choreographer: Mia Michaels. This is the dance where they were wearing black outfits and she dove through his circled arms. It showed Josh's versatility and Katee's lyrical style.

7.) Josh & Twitch - Trepak in Finale. Choreographer: Youri Nelzine. Interesting new style that showed both of their strengths.

8.) Chelsie & Mark - Contemp. Week 1 Wedding dance. Choreographer: Mia Michaels. I was impressed by Chelsie's versatility and their chemistry together.

9.) Katee & Josh - Paso Doble Week 8. Choreographer: Jason Gilkinson. Very powerful and well danced.

10.) Courtney & Gev - Jazz "Map dance". Choreographer: Mia Michaels. I thought this was a very fun dance and that both of them danced it well.

Honorable Mention: Kherington & Twitch Contemp. "Bed Dance"., Katee & Josh Bollywood, Chelsie & Gev Jive, Katee & Will Pas de Deux (it's rated so low on my list because I hated the music), and Kherington & Twitch "Viennese Waltz".

Favorite Season 4 Group dances:

1.) Week 3 Contemporary "The Dance" carnival-like dance. Choreographer: Mia Michaels. I loved this dance -- especially Mark's lead performance and his expressions.

2.) Week 8 Contemporary "The Rose" Choreographer: Mandy Moore. I loved this beautiful, flowing dance and especially Chelsie & Mark and how in sync they were together.

3.) Week 5 Hip Hop "Closer". Choreographer: NapTab. I liked the glow in the dark moves on this dance.

Here's the link for Season 3's favorite dances:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID99/191.shtml

What are your favorite dances of this season?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season... Glow 08-14-08 1
   RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season... Snidget 08-14-08 4
       RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season... Glow 08-15-08 5
 RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season... Sagebrush Dan 08-14-08 2
   RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season... Glow 08-14-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season 4"
Week 1 – Top 20
Josh & Katee “No Air” - Hip Hop
Mark & Chelsie “Beautiful” – Contemporary

Week 2 – Top 18
Mark & Chelsie “Mi Confesión” - Argentine Tango
Twitch & Kherington “A New Day Has Come” – “Viennese Waltz”
Gev & Courtney “Lost” - Contemporary

Week 3 – Top 16
Mark & Chelsie “Bleeding Love” – Hip Hop
Gev & Courtney “Wishing on a Star” – Rumba

Week 4 – Top 14
Joshua & Katee “Hometown Glory” - Contemporary
Will & Jessica “Alone” – Lyrical Jazz
Mark & Chelsie “Kiss Kiss” – Jazz

Week 5 – Top 12
Joshua & Katee “Dhoom Taana” - Bollywood
Will & Jessica “Silence” – Contemporary
Mark & Chelsie “I’m A Woman” – Broadway
Mark & Chelsie “Fuego” – Salsa

Week 6 – Top 10
Twitch & Comfort “Forever” – Hip Hop
Will & Katee “Imagine” – Pas de Deux
Gev & Chelsie “These Arms of Mine” – Contemporary (best.song.of.the.season)

Week 7 – Top 8
Mark & Comfort “Party People” – Hip Hop

Week 8 - Top 6
Mark & Courtney “The Garden” – Jazz
Mark & Courtney “Cook’s Rainbows” – Viennese Waltz
Joshua & Katee “All By Myself” – Contemporary

Week 9 – Final 4
Joshua & Katee “Slow Dancing In A Burning Room” – Contemporary

Group Performances:
Top 16 “The Dance”
Top 6 “The Rose”
Top 5 Guys “Five Guys Named Moe”
Top 20 “Cobrastyle”
Top 12 “Closer”
Top 10 “JBJ”

Solos: (In no particular order ~ though the first three are my top three)
Mark “Wind It Up”
Mark “Black Betty”
Mark “Bum Like You”
Mark “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Mark “Creator”
Gev "Everybody Loves a Carnival"
Joshua “I Can Make You Dance”
Joshua “Like This”
Will “Daraijan”
Courtney “Almost Lover”
Courtney “Passion”
Will “Closer”
Gev “Feelin’ Good”
Katee "This Woman's Work"
Twitch "We Gonna Win"

The Best of the Best
"The Garden" Mark & Courtney - Sonya Tayeh
"Hometown Glory" Joshua & Katee - Mia
"Party People" Mark & Comfort - Nap&Tab
"Bleeding Love" Mark & Chelsie - Nap&Tab
“Mi Confesión” Mark & Chelsie - Alex Da Silva
"Alone" Will & Jessica - Mandy Moore
"Kiss Kiss" Mark & Chelsie - Mandy Moore
"The Time of My Life" Mark & Courtney - Jason Gilkinson
“Dhoom Taana” Joshua & Katee - Nakul Dev Mahajan

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season 4"
No Mark Week 6?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

08-15-08, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season 4"
I liked the jeans and cowboy hat but I really can't justify listing that two-step as a favorite performance. I did, however, think he did his part. And. Even though I thought he was great in that horrible jazz routine (and, of course, there was this), I thought his shirt was horrific and the routine itself was blah. So no. No Mark on week 6. Even I'm not that biased.

Although. That was the week of the BoRhap2 solo, so it wasn't a total wash.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season 4"
I don't have Glow's repertoire at my fingers, but I agree pretty much with what's been said.

The standouts that I can remember are
The Garden
Bleeding Love
Bollywood
The Door

08-14-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Favorite Dances - SYTYCD Season 4"
The Door = Week 7 Top 8 Twitch & Katee "Mercy" Contemporary Mia

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •