The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Favorite Dances - Season 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-16-07, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Favorite Dances - Season 3"
Now that the Performance Shows are over for Season 3, I thought it would be fun to list our favorite dances. I am going to list my favorite couple dances, but you could list group dances or solos as well. My favorites were the ones that I rewound to watch over and over again.

1.) Sara/Pasha West Coast Swing -- Choreographer: Benji Schwimmer. This routine was fun, full of energy, and full of tricks. And I was predestined to like it because it was choreographed by my favorite last year Benji, and was danced to a song that my kid's jump rope team competed with. So I already was leaning toward loving it, but they also did a great job.

2.) Sabra/Neil Jazz (table negotiation) -- Choreographer: Mandy Moore. I loved the use of the table prop, and the lines and tricks they did. Plus I like the story because it added to the dance, and did not become more acting than dancing.

3.) Danny/Neil Contemporary (fighting Princes) -- Choreographer: Mia Michaels. A STRONG performance by both final guys. Once again, if a story is used right, it adds to the performance. Great acting, dancing, fighting, and throwing.

4.) Jaimie/Hok Jazz/Ballet (hummingbird & flower) -- Choreographer: Wade Robson. This is my favorite dance of Wade's this year. Overall, I was disappointed with Wade's work this year (the monotonous peace solos and tonight's fox dance for Lacey/Sabra). Jaimie's gracefulness and Hok's sharpness really worked well together.

5.) Lacey/Kam Contemporary (week 1) -- Choreographer: Mia Michaels. This dance to start the season really grabbed me, and set up a great season. I was impressed with how versatile Lacey was, and how she just went for it. The dancing was great, and the leap with the leg over the shoulder was a nice surprise.

Honorable Mention:

Lauren/Neil Jazz (angel/devil). Loved Neil, but hated Lauren -- especially her scream.

Sabra/Dom Contemporary & Rhumba - This is when I really started liking Sabra.

What were your favorites?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 emydi 08-16-07 1
 RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 SilverStar 08-16-07 2
   RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 djandy 08-16-07 3
       RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 SilverStar 08-16-07 4
       RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 Glow 08-16-07 5
           RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 SilverStar 08-16-07 7
               RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 Glow 08-16-07 9
   RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 Glow 08-16-07 6
       RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 SilverStar 08-16-07 8
 RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 cindyland 08-16-07 10
 RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 Sagebrush Dan 08-17-07 11
 RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 iltarion 08-31-07 12
 RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3 mattben 08-31-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-07, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
Wow tough

I liked all of yours too!!

I also liked Neil's solo that saved him...way back when...Nigel mentioned that last nite. He made his mark that nite and he kept it going all the way to finale.

Danny's solo last nite was fabulous

Last nite's Cha cha (2nd half esp) from my two faves was good too but I think that it had somewhat to do with my anticipation...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
I went week by week and pulled all my favorites, and then I bolded my favorite favorites.

Week One:
Lacey & Kameron: Contemporary (Mia Michaels)
Sara & Jesus: Pop Jazz (Wade Robson)

Week Two:
Jessi & Pasha: Jazz (Tyce Diorio)
Sabra & Dominic: Contemporary (Mandy Moore)

Week Three:
Sara & Jesus: Krump (Lil' C)
Lacey & Kameron: Quickstep (Tony Meredith)
Sabra & Dominic: Rumba (Jean-Marc Genereaux)
Jaimie & Hok: Jazz (Wade Robson)

Week Four:
Anya & Danny: Contemporary (Tyce Diorio)
Sara & Pasha: West Coast Swing (Benji Schwimmer)

Lauren & Neil: Jazz (Wade Robson)

Week Five:
Lauren & Neil: Contemporary (Mia Michaels)

Week Six:
Danny & Lacey: Samba (Dimitry & Heidi)

Week Seven:
None. Man, this week sucked.

Week Eight:
Neil & Sabra: Jazz (Mandy Moore)

Final four:
Sabra & Lacey: Jazz (Wade Robson)
Danny & Neil: Contemporary (Mia Michaels)

Group routines:
Top 20- “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See” (Wade Robson)
Top 16- Lion King (Tyce Diorio)

Flashy moves by Tribe!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-16-07, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
Wow Star, you kept good records. I was going off of memory. For the group routines I remember the one where Danny was featured with an X on his chest (I have no idea what week or who choreographed).

For Solos, Sabra's 1st solo is where I said "Wow, who is this girl?", Neil's 1st solo that saved him, and Danny's solo at Final 4 (absolutely amazing).

08-16-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
Heh. I copied it off a site that kept good records.

If anyone else wants to use it, it's here.

They don't list the group dances, so those I did off memory. I remember the dance you're talking about with Danny, but I'm not sure what it was either.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
For the group routines I remember the one where Danny was featured with an X on his chest

Was that the swampy looking one from last week that Wade choreographed?
I liked that one a lot.

I loved the top 10 group number that Mia choreographed to Imogen Heap.

08-16-07, 02:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
The Imogen Heap group dance was the one with Danny and the x on his chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYKCExgndBY

Flashy moves by Tribe!

08-16-07, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"

I wish I could see the youtubeys (at work).

08-16-07, 02:03 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-07 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

I agree with all of that (I think) except for the week three because... hello?... hummingbird Hok.

oh! And wasn't Week 7 the Danny and Sara Argentine Tango?

08-16-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
Oops. I forgot to bold that one. Yes, that is a favorite favorite, too.

Yes, week 7 did have the Danny/Sara AT. I shouldn't have said that week sucked, because actually all the dances were pretty good. There were just none that ended up a favorite of mine.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

cindyland 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-07, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cindyland Click to send private message to cindyland Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
My favorite was Neil and Sabra's jazz routine with the table. That was awesome. I also enjoyed Jaimie and Hok's Hummingbird routine. And...I actually liked Sara and Danny's Push It hip hop. It reminded me of coming home to watch MTV after high school (you know, when they actually played videos). The bright yellow shirts, Sara wearing the spandex pants, the red berets...I can't believe I wore stuff like that...but it was all good back in the day.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
I agree totally with yours, but I have to add one.

I really liked the one with Sabra and Lacey — Foxes — that the judges didn't "get". Both of us got it and felt it was brilliant. Quite amazing, really.

More wagging, less barking.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-31-07, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
Fave routines

1. Pasha and Lauren - "En Feuego"- hip-hop - Shane Sparks
2. Pasha and Sara - "Body Language" - pop jazz - Mandy Moore
3. Fayina and Cedric - "Get Shorty" - hip-hop - Shane Sparks
4. Neil and Sabra - "Sweet Dreams" - contemporary - Mandy M
5. Hok and Jamie - hummingbird and flower - cont- Wade
6. Neil and Lacey - father meets daughter - cont - Mia M
7. Lacey and Kamron - "Here I Come" - hip-hop - Danny
8. Sara and Jesus - hobo routine - jazz - Wade
9. Danny and Lacey - rumba
10. Danny and Aniya - "Girlfriend" - quickstep
11. Hok and Jamie - "Tamborine" - hip-hop - Shane Sparks
12. Dominic and Sabra - rumba
13. Pasha and Lacey - hip-hop routine
14. Pasha and Jesse - samba
15. Danny and Lauren - alien dance - contemporary- Mia M
16. Danny and Neil - dualing princes

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-31-07, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Favorite Dances - Season 3"
I'm right with you, djandy. Except, since I didn't see the first dance you put at #5, I elevate Lauren/Neil Jazz (angel/devil). Don't agree with your assessment of Lauren. Neither was particularly challenged technically, but they had enough, and the story was great, and they were in sync. Could've been on Broadway.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •