The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will - didnt have a chance"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-25-08, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will - didnt have a chance"
Here is why I think he was dooommed from the beginning.

1. They hyped him way to much from the beginning with Debbie Allen
2. I think they gave him a partner they thought would be unbeatable and she was not good - surprised she even made Top 10
3. He's an amazing technical dancer - but that fails to come across to the "general" (non-dancing) public and he really has to "teen" appeal.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will - didnt have a chance citywitch 07-25-08 1
   RE: Will - didnt have a chance Glow 07-25-08 2
   RE: Will - didnt have a chance DoodleBug 07-25-08 7
 RE: Will - didnt have a chance dragonflies 07-25-08 3
   RE: Will - didnt have a chance syren 07-25-08 4
   RE: Will - didnt have a chance Glow 07-25-08 5
       RE: Will - didnt have a chance Snidget 07-25-08 10
   RE: Will - didnt have a chance DoodleBug 07-25-08 6
 RE: Will - didnt have a chance Sagebrush Dan 07-25-08 8
 RE: Will - didnt have a chance memzoo48 07-25-08 9
   RE: Will - didnt have a chance pmspml5 07-25-08 11
 RE: Will - didnt have a chance ulalame 07-25-08 12
   RE: Will - didnt have a chance Wiggle 07-25-08 13
       RE: Will - didnt have a chance Snidget 07-25-08 14
           RE: Will - didnt have a chance Sunny_Bunny 07-25-08 15
               RE: Will - didnt have a chance Snidget 07-25-08 16
                   RE: Will - didnt have a chance emydi 07-28-08 19
                       RE: Will - didnt have a chance Glow 07-29-08 20
                           RE: Will - didnt have a chance Snidget 07-29-08 21
                               RE: Will - didnt have a chance Glow 07-29-08 23
                           RE: Will - didnt have a chance emydi 07-29-08 24
                               RE: Will - didnt have a chance bullzeye 07-30-08 30
                   RE: Will - didnt have a chance shaneperry 07-29-08 26
                       RE: Will - didnt have a chance Glow 07-29-08 27
                       RE: Will - didnt have a chance Glow 07-29-08 28
                       RE: Will - didnt have a chance Snidget 07-29-08 29
                       RE: Will - didnt have a chance DoodleBug 07-30-08 31
           RE: Will - didnt have a chance shaneperry 07-29-08 25
 Will Interview DoodleBug 07-28-08 17
   RE: Will Interview Sagebrush Dan 07-28-08 18
   RE: Will Interview Glow 07-29-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-25-08, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
He's an amazing technical dancer - but that fails to come across to the "general" (non-dancing) public

my daughter & I were just saying essentially the same thing last night. when toni basil said that Twitch danced from the inside out she was right on the mark (& speaking of Mark, he does as well!) ... people "feel" that kind of dancing & I just don't think they "felt" Will.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-08, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Absolutely. There will always be people who give you the impression they do things because they can vs. the people that give you the impression they do it because they love it, live it. Will didn't fall into the because they can category for me but I can see him being there for others.

And no, he didn't have a chance. I just hope one of these days Nigel learns his lesson.

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-08, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Yes! Exactly! When Josh made that comment about it being "so much more than dancing"....that was the best comment all season from a dancer. But it's those dancers that translate that feeling to the stage that get me right where it counts.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-08, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
I didn't really like Jessica, but after hearing that she was dancing with broken/fractured ribs, I wonder what kind of dancer she would be if she wasn't injured. I also wonder how long she dealt with this injury.

Tribe danced me!

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
I completely agree and said as much after it was announced that she did have an injury.

07-25-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Did we ever find out how she broke/fractured her ribs?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
The most I've heard is that she couldn't get out of bed like Saturday morning.

She'd had a practice session with Twitch for the next week on the Friday, I believe. Some people think it was from the death drop lift thing from the performance show, but I'm not sure that would have waited past 3 days after the results show before she was in too much pain to move.

Now it could be cumulative damage where something is just stressed too many times over too short a period and something that normally wouldn't be a problem causes a weak spot/stress fracture to break all the way through to where it starts hurting.

07-25-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Excellent point. It put a different perspective on the comment "Will is carrying you this season" (paraphrasing comment from Mia? I think that's who said it).

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-08, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Yeah.
You'd think they'd learn that hyping a dancer's connections works against the dancer, not for the dancer.

And I agree about the technical part as well. His skill was extraordinary, but nothing about it took my breath away. No connection there.

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-25-08, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
What I think is that America, myself included, is in love with hiphop right now. It's the most amazing new dance form we've seen in decades. We, the uncoordinated, unskilled spectator public, sitting on our a$$es in front of our tvs, love to watch hiphop dances do what we KNOW we can't do. Many of the other types of dance? Ah, we *think* we could do them, after a few lessons. (We'd be wrong, but that's beside the point.) Hiphop? Heck, we KNOW we can't do that shick.

That's why Will had to go.

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-25-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
I agree but the love of hip-hop - but I think its opposite of what most people think.....

Most people w/o dance training will watch hip-hop and think - I could learn that - - but to watch someone doing leaps and turns is a whole other subject. I danced for 17 years and won several national competitions and I cant do hip hop for crap - but my kids can and do (not at the level you see on TV though). It is very appealing to the general public.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-25-08, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
In addition to the hype, we happened to have had a top four full of talented and compelling male dancers. All four of them totally deserved to be there, and any three of them would have made a great top three. In that event, I think America's heart went out more to the amateurs, and given Will's connection to Debbie Allen and how good he was, nobody had any worry that he "needed" to win to make his career. Thus, people were not as compelled to vote for him.

I looked at the top four guys, and really, wasn't ready to see any of them leave. Given that choice, Will is the only one I won't totally miss. I'd have been really sad, for instance, if Josh had gone first, or Mark, or Twitch. It was the right choice.

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-25-08, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Please, have you read the messages from the last couple of weeks when everyone was convinced that it would be Mark who would be out this week?

Will has been lauded as the chosen one by bloggers/posters since almost the beginning of the show, but suddenly "he didnt (sic --there's actually an apostrophe in there) have a chance"?

As I said -- please ...

07-25-08, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-08 AT 06:06 PM (EST)

But there has been an anti-Will under current since the beginning as well

see http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID99/233.shtml as an example.

The question was how far would his "Chosen One" status carry him. Most of the time being the Chosen One doesn't mean you win the competition, usually it means you go out in a shocking elimination a week or two before the finals.

ETA: Actually Mark leaving this week makes a lot of sense to me with that top 4. However, given that he seems to be getting less than a fair shake by the show the last couple of weeks it wasn't hard to predict this week his fans would be out in force including a lot of people that usually wouldn't vote.

and

Funny how Will went out the reason people thought it wasn't fair he was on the show at all was so evident.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-08, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Actually, Nigel said something very interesting last night regarding both Will and Twitch being in the bottom three. He said that perhaps America was SO sure they would get votes from other callers that the voting public didn't see the need to call in for them.

Perhaps America has learned it's lesson.

07-25-08, 08:09 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
I do think some of the shocking boots is that the fans of that person are complacent in addition to any fan base that is energized for some reason.

I do think Will didn't have as strong a fan base as some might think from how good he is.

Some fan thread stats (for individuals, on IDF there are also couples threads for some of them)

IDF forum

Will's Fan Thread 144 pages
Mark's Fan Thread 3011 pages
Twitch Fan Thread 39 pages
Joshua Fan Thread 39 pages

TWOP forum

Will's Fan Thread 25 pages
Mark's Fan Thread 57 pages
Twitch Fan Thread 4 pages
Joshua Fan Thread 9 pages

While Will has a lot, Mark may have more motivated people. What I find odd is how few pages seem to be for Twitch. Although page count alone would have Will being in the final four, but I do think complacency does play a role in the totally expected "shocking" elimination they seem to have every season on any show where the fans vote.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-08, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Mark's Fan Thread 3011 pages

Glowie's post fill up 3000 of those pages

I again thought of you when I finally saw when Mark was told he was safe...I said glowie was probably crying! what a cutie

07-29-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
I don't post there. I'm afraid of there. If you ever try to look there, you will find that about 2598 of those pages have nothing really to do with Mark. I'm not sure that makes them more motivated (though I really, really hope it does). That just makes them more "talk"ative.

I passed out from relief. You calling me a cutie or Mark a cutie?

07-29-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Yep the IDF can be a lot of pages of nothing at all, I think some of these people need to learn the difference between a chat room and a message board and what is appropriate to do where. Quite a bit of some threads look like a chat transcript.

I can only take so many pages of "OMG I ned to go 2 sleep it's 3 am, LOL, excessive number of smiles," before I have to beat someone with a disembodied arm.

07-29-08, 09:27 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
That's where I used to go to TRY to find screencaps. I'd go there, look through 50 or 60 pages, my brain would explode, and I'd go search photobucket (thank you, photobucket for being awesome).

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
You calling me a cutie or Mark a cutie?

both!

Although bullzy thought I meant Cat....

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-30-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
sorry...someone called?

shaneperry 45 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaneperry Click to send private message to shaneperry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
mmm why is Marks fan base so huge ??? seems kind of racist to me since he's the worst male dancer left and the only non-Black.

07-29-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-08 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-29-08 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

*screams*
*runs out of thread*

eta: Sorry I had to run away.
I obviously can't speak for everybody but I can tell you that Mark's being "non-black" has nothing to do with why I favor him. He can have whatever color skin there could possibly be and I would still adore him. If Twitch were "non-black" I would still think he is the weakest of the top three (five) guys. But that's just me.

edited again for niceness

07-29-08, 04:04 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
I had to log back on from home because I feel the need to expand my comment. Especially now that I'm not feeling rushed.

I love Mark for this:
"I find it easier to dance than to speak sometimes."
and this:
Mark has received a lot of support from his dance studio back at home with 24-7 Danceforce putting on a Wednesday night event for Mark where his students and friends can gather and vote for him.

"I think they're all excited to watch me on TV, cheer me on and see me grow," Mark said. "Usually it's the other way around."
Both from this article.

And also this:

Besides, the last time I checked, Joshua was leading for the males in pretty much all the polls. That gives me reason to believe that race is playing no part in this. I'm sure somewhere somebody is voting based on race. I'm also sure in some of those somewheres those somebodies are non-white. Also? Last year's final two were both non-white, if you recall.

I'll not chew my cabbage twice regarding your opinion that he's the worst male dancer left because it's just that... your opinion.

07-29-08, 04:21 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Started off a big Twitch fan, but now I like Mark better based on the dancing.

I really don't care what race someone is when deciding I like how they perform week in and week out.

Surfkitten summer sig shop 2008 and Dancing with the Tribe!

07-30-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
I have been a fan of Josh, Twitch and Mark from day one. As the season has gone on, Twitch and Mark have switched places for me based on performances alone.

shaneperry 45 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaneperry Click to send private message to shaneperry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Will - didnt have a chance"
Choosen ones never win remember Mario Lopez was the choosen one on dancing with the stars and he lost to Emmitt Smith.

07-28-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
17. "Will Interview"
Interesting interview:
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/so-you-think-you-can-dance/exclusive-interview-will-wingf-21514.aspx

Quote:
Do you feel like you were misunderstood at all?

Absolutely.

What is it about you that you think America didn’t get to see?

I feel like, with the packages, I’m not the type of person that’s really high-energy all the time and just takes you and pull you in. I’m more a person that’s more low-key, in the background, but once you get to know me, I’m an awesome guy. I really am. I’m from down South, and I was raised with very good values and morals, and I will help anybody. Absolutely anybody. So I feel like with the packages and the time and the stress level and all those things, a lot of times America doesn't really get to see you. They edit it the way they want, but that’s fine. That’s absolutely fine with me.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-08, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Will Interview"
Thanks for posting that. Interesting that he understood the negatives about being too associated with Debbie Allen

07-29-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Will Interview"
Reading this interview really makes me like him a lot. He's such a classy guy. Quite a smart guy too. Though if you read back through some of these interviews, a lot of them knew the "judging" was hurting them. I believe it was Thayne who said as soon as he was called into B3 with Will and Twitch, he knew he was leaving because they are two of the judges favorites. How disheartening to go in there and kick butt every week all the while knowing you are fodder. Anyway, I got sidetracked again... yes, I love this interview and I'm glad that it gives me such respect for Will because he is a beautiful dancer. I love his answer to the Debbie Allen pressure question. And I love this:

How surprised were you to land in the bottom two last night?
I wasn’t surprised at all, actually. I’m very thankful for everybody who’s still in the competition. I’m very happy that I could see Twitch stay and me go.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •