The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank 'em Top 14"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-08, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank 'em Top 14"
I guess I'll start this today (so I can get on with my work).

I was really surprised that there were two dances per couple already. They're trying to tire them out early this season, I guess.

There were four routines that I loved so that makes it a pretty strong night, imo.

Katee and Joshua - Contemporary - This is among my favorite contemporaries I've seen on this show. I love Mia. I love Joshua. I'm pretty sure I love Katee too. Brilliant. This one, as of right now, stands alone at the very top for me.

--gap--

Jessica and Will - Lyrical Jazz - Really liked this. I wouldn't call it brilliant but I would call it nicely choreographed and very well executed. I loved the shirt as a prop. Jessica was gorgeous. Will without a shirt? Nice. They were about to have sex on that stage, y'all! Mandy had a good night.
Chelsie and Mark - Jazz - These two are so wonderful together. I'm not sure I loved this but I couldn't take my eyes off of them. I was replaying the dances in my head, while I was falling asleep last night, in preparation for my rankings. In my mind, the part where he's standing behind her and he has his hands up around her front and they're doing that hand thing, there were like ten hands. Anyway. I totally bought her as a tease and him seriously wanting her. Fun and flirty!
Kherington and Twitch - Contemporary - This really was kind of brilliant. The emotion was there. I love that Mia plays to their strengths (example? Heidi sitting on a bench while Travis dances around the stage). Though I'm a bit surprised she didn't have Kherington dancing a little more.

--gap--

Courtney and Gev - Broadway - There was so much going on! It was so fun. I think Courtney lacked a bit here and there but overall it was great.
Comfort and Thayne - Smooth Waltz - This was very pretty. I'm not buying Thayne but he does partner her better than Chris… or she had an attitude adjustment.

--big gap--

Courtney and Gev - Hip Hop - by default and because the Eli jerseys earn them bonus points.
Comfort and Thayne - Broadway - I thought this could have been better somehow but it was still pretty good.
Kherington and Twitch - Paso Doble - I liked the matador matador choreography.
Jessica and Will - Jive - I hate their blatant dislike of Jessica. Hate it.
Chelsie and Mark - Foxtrot - It hurts to put this way down here. Ouch.
Katee and Joshua - West Coast Swing - I'm pretty sure it was the choreography. I'm not saying that because of Benji either because I've seen and loved his choreo before.
Kourtni and Matt - Mambo - If any girl in this competition is holding her man back, it's Kourtni.
Kourtni and Matt - Hip Hop - because of her. He did better than I expected him to.

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I knew it emydi 07-03-08 1
   RE: I knew it KeithFan 07-03-08 2
       RE: I knew it emydi 07-03-08 3
   RE: I knew it Glow 07-03-08 4
       RE: I knew it emydi 07-03-08 5
       RE: I knew it SilverStar 07-03-08 8
 RE: Rank 'em Top 14 SilverStar 07-03-08 6
   RE: Rank 'em Top 14 Glow 07-03-08 7
       RE: Rank 'em Top 14 Sagebrush Dan 07-03-08 10
           RE: Rank 'em Top 14 MKitty 07-03-08 13
               RE: Rank 'em Top 14 Sagebrush Dan 07-03-08 15
 RE: Rank 'em Top 14 Sagebrush Dan 07-03-08 9
   RE: Rank 'em Top 14 Glow 07-03-08 11
   RE: Rank 'em Top 14 bullzeye 07-03-08 12
       RE: Rank 'em Top 14 Sagebrush Dan 07-03-08 14
           RE: Rank 'em Top 14 bullzeye 07-03-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-08, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I knew it"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-08 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

I knew someone else (Glowie) was already doing this!! I've alerted myself for a lock

Well this was a jam packed nite of new choreographers and lots of dances!!

I'm just going to do my list 1-14

1. Twitchington 2 THe Bed Dance---HOLY MOLY!! that was terrific. Twitch was amazing and for all of Mia's faults she is a fabulous choreographer

2. Joshee 1-I loved this dance the beginning with them walking. Again Mia nice work.

3. Thomfort 2- I loved this Waltz they both looked so nice and that spin was amazing. I love this choreo I can't remember his name but I think I'm in love...there's something about him that made me say hmmmmmmm

4. Marksie 2-Fox trot...again same choreo as Thomfort. I really liked this dance.

5. Marksie 1- jazz I loved this. They really do know how to tell the story

6. Will/Jess 2-Lyrical jazz. This could have been great but Jess killed it for me..I really don't like her. She's frumpy and at the end was she supposed to smirk and laugh...it looked so out of place and ruined the ending.

7. Twitchington 1- if the bed dance was all Twitch this was all Kerrington. She looked fierce I liked it

8. Gevney 2- Broadway I liked this dance for this couple it was cute just like them. However, Nigel is right, they are UTR and they may get to f10 but after that....

9. Thomfort 1-Broadway. This is close behind the other bway routine. It was interesting. I think Thayne found his calling!

10. Joshee 2- West Coast Swing. This was cute but not amazing like all the over pimping of Benji. The ending with Josh being bumped across the stage was great!

11. Gevney 1-this is the hiphop I like but Courtney outshined Gev here...I think Gev will be in trouble if he makes F10 (he'll be this year's Kameron)

12. KMatt 2-mambo-this was ok it seemed off in places

13. KMatt 1-hip pop I did not like this

14. Will/Jess 1-I thought this was boring..and her dress was awful and awkward. Misconnections (i think Mary said this) is right! They overpimped Will again

Overall rankings

Twitchington 8
Marksie 9
Joshee 12
Thomfort 12
Gevney 19
Will/Jess 20
KMatt 25

*twitch*

Thanks tribey!

edited bc you don't need to see all of my siggies!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I knew it"
What's the school record for sigs anyway?

07-03-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I knew it"
i saw that!! i moved this over from my dupe thread and forgot to edit them out!! now put your list in!!

07-03-08, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I knew it"
aw. I'm always paranoid to start these because I'm afraid somebody else will while I'm doing it. *smooch*

If I added them up like you did, I'm quite surprised by the outcome.
Jessica & Will - 12
Courtney & Gev - 12
Katee & Josh - 13
Kherington & Twitch - 13
Chelsie & Mark - 14
Comfort & Thayne - 14
Kourtni & Matt - 27

I'd rank Katee & Josh well above the others just because of how much more I loved their first routine than the others. They get megabonuses for that. I'm thinking -5 of their score.

a syren creation

07-03-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
5. "RE: I knew it"
you have a much more balanced ranking!!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I knew it"
Mine would be:

Twitchington 9
Jessica/Will 11
Chelsie/Mark 12
Courtney/Gev 13
Katee/Joshua 14
Comfort/Thayne 19
Matt/Kourtni 27

Flashy moves by Tribe!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
Well. I think it's no secret that I've been disappointed in this season so far, and last night... *dramatic Mary pause*
was the best night yet! Wooo! *Mary scream* *throws tamales all around*

*ahem* Anyway...

The GREAT
1. Jessica/Will, Lyrical Jazz-- Whew. That was frigging HOT. And beautifully danced, from the both of them. I feel soooo bad for Jessica. She was really great in this, and yet they still have to drool all over Will. Poor girl. Not that I wasn't drooling all over Will, because, DAMN! *steals all of Will's shirts*

2. Katee/Joshua, Contemporary-- This was awesome, mostly due to Katee. She really threw herself into this routine. Total commitment. Joshua did too, but he didn't stand out as much to me. He was a great partner to her though, with the lifts and catching her when she jumped through his arms sideways. Awesome.

3. Chelsie/Mark, Jazz-- Yay! I really liked this. I thought Chelsie was the better of the pair, only because I found myself always watching her. But I love them both and I loved this routine. Welcome back, Mandy.

4. Twitchington, Contemporary-- Twitch was amazing in this! And so was Kherington. I loved the way she was just throwing herself around on that bed. Again, total commitment. My favorite part was when she lept off the bed at the same time Twitch was going to reach for her, when the song said something like "Was she ever really there? No, she's not." Beautiful.

The good
5. Twitchington, Paso Doble-- Very dramatic. I think this dance depends a lot on attitude, and they both had it. I thought the cape part was really cool.

6. Courtney/Gev, Hip Hop-- I really liked this. It was light and fun, but still had a hip hop feel to it. Courtney was great! Seriously, I can't take my eyes off this girl. Is Gev even on this show? I loved him in the auditions, and now I don't even notice him.

7. Courtney/Gev, Broadway-- Hey, I noticed Gev! How cute did he look with his dorky hair and sweater vest? I loved their exuberance in this dance. I really could see them running through the streets of NY and being amazed at all the sights. Too cute, the both of them.

8. Comfort/Thayne, Waltz-- This was really pretty. Comfort looked elegant and Thayne looked very gentlemanly. Is that a word?

9. Mark/Chelsie, Fox Trot-- I'm surprised this is at #9 on my list, because I thought they did a really good job. Solid performance, but nothing to get all excited about.

The OK
10. Jessica/Will, Jive-- I think they had good leg action, but I did notice that they seemed to miss some steps. That jump over his back and through his legs was insane! I wanted to cry for Jessica during the judging.

11. Comfort/Thayne, Broadway-- I think Thayne was really good, and Comfort dragged him down. It was just kind of boring.

12. Joshua/Katee, West Coast Swing-- I liked the style that Benji tried to put on this dance. It was a slower song and thus a slower dance. I liked his choreography, I just think Joshua and Katee needed to put their performance kind of over the top to really sell it. It was alright.

13. Matt/Kourtni, Mambo-- Awkward. Not sexy at all. Matt outdanced her, as usual. He was right on with that section where they were matching their steps to the beat. She was a little off, I think.

14. Matt/Kourtni, Hip Hop-- Oh, Matt. My poor, sweet, elegant Matt. You looked sooooo ridiculous doing this dance. And not in a good way. I love the way you point your feet and the beauty in your hands, but it was not appropriate for this dance and you looked silly. I still love ya though.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

07-03-08, 10:05 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-08 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

2. Katee/Joshua, Contemporary-- This was awesome, mostly due to Katee. She really threw herself into this routine. Total commitment. Joshua did too, but he didn't stand out as much to me. He was a great partner to her though, with the lifts and catching her when she jumped through his arms sideways. Awesome.

I think this really is worth noting. This was the first time, for me, that I just couldn't take my eyes off her to watch him. I watched this several times last night and I kept fighting and fighting to try to watch him. And? Her ribs must be killing her! Oh! and that running while he was holding her. gah. gorgeous. gorgeous. gorgeous. Funny thing, and I know that probably nobody will agree with this, it reminded me somehow of the Danny/Lauren aliens dance from last season. I have no idea why. This one was far better (choreo-wise) but it just brought that one to mind somehow.
eta: In watching that routine again, I think maybe why I thought of that one is because it seems like it may be about the same situation with different reactions. Katee and Joshua were frightened where Danny and Lauren were excited.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-08, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
Yeah, I was barely aware that Joshua was there. This was Katee all the way.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-03-08, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
I also agree. I am totally IN LOVE with Katee...she is absolutely amazing. I watched their contemp. routine about three times and couldn't get over the incredible intensity in her face. She is fantastic!! WOOOOOOO...Mary Scream...

07-03-08, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
She has this quality about her that I can only describe as explosive. She has a very uncommitted persona, but when she dances, it's like this other personality explodes in her leaps, her moves, her whole attitude.

07-03-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-08 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

Tied for first place
Katee and Joshua - Contemporary - Katee is tied for favorite female dancer with Kherington right now. I've always been a fan of Joshua's.

Kherington and Twitch - Contemporary - I was more of a fan of Twitch in this number than his others. He was able to lose himself into the character.

-------- gap--------

Chelsie and Mark - Jazz - Fun stuff.

Jessica and Will - Lyrical Jazz - I felt Jessica found her element here.

Comfort and Thayne - Smooth Waltz - Really liked Comfort in this one.
Kherington and Twitch - Paso Doble - Dayum, Kherington! Just, dayum! Fierce!

Chelsie and Mark - Foxtrot - Mark is my favorite male dancer, but he was not good here. I love you Mark, but the way you did your hands? you out-sissied Matt.

Comfort and Thayne - Broadway - The song was wrong for the dance, but they did good here. I agree with Nigel's assessment, though. Not fierce enough.

Courtney and Gev - Broadway - Way too much of the same thing over and over and over.

Courtney and Gev - Hip Hop - I liked Courtney in this. Wasn't necessarily true to the energy of hip hop, but I still liked what she did with it.

Jessica and Will - Jive - I also hate their blatant dislike of Jessica.

Katee and Joshua - West Coast Swing - Love Benji, hated the choregraphy here. They deserved much better.

Kourtni and Matt - Mambo - Matt a sissy? I love Mark, but he was more of a sissy in the waltz, and Nigel kept his yap shut about Mark.

Kourtni and Matt - Hip Hop - Kourtni was so much better in her auditions.

07-03-08, 11:01 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
Chelsie and Mark - Foxtrot - Mark is my favorite male dancer, but he was not good here. I love you Mark, but the way you did your hands? you out-sissied Matt.

gah. Exactly. It threw the whole dance off for me.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-03-08, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
Kherington and Twitch - Paso Doble - Dayum, Kherington! Just, dayum! Fierce!

Yep, I was walking funny after that one.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

And the second Will and Jessica number? I couldn't walk at all.

07-03-08, 02:30 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"

Has Will always had that effect on you?

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-03-08, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rank 'em Top 14"
*Snort*

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •