The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wow, the race is on, and I say 'too close to call'!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-08-10, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wow, the race is on, and I say 'too close to call'!!"
Last night, EVERYONE, and I do mean every.single.act. brought it on!

I really think this is THE best top 10 ever, that I can remember, and IMHO, I'm calling it 'too close to call'.

I honestly cannot pick only 4 of these acts to move on to the last stage of this competition.

If I'd been calling last night, my fingers would have been all over that phone!!

I will say this: I think being eliminated will be: Christina and Alli, possibly Taylor Matthews. Boy, the rest were just on a top-knotch game last night, and I can't begin to call it.

What do you all think? Any predictions for the final top 4?

Just guessing from standing ovations, and judges' remarks, I'll make a wild guess and say this:

Jackie Evancho
Michael Grasso
Michael Grimm
Prince Poppycock

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say ... Max Headroom 09-08-10 1
 RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say ... dabo 09-08-10 2
 RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say ... susang 09-08-10 3
 RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say ... Snidget 09-08-10 4
   RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say ... KoalaChick 09-08-10 5
 Here we go again. Max Headroom 09-09-10 6
   RE: I lost on one count, but not un... mindy23 09-09-10 7
   RE: Here we go again. dabo 09-09-10 8
       RE: Here we go again. mindy23 09-09-10 9
           RE: Here we go again. cainiacs 09-09-10 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-10, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say 'too close to call'!!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-10 AT 12:32 PM (EST)

I only saw the first 5 acts, and coincindentally those were the bottom 5 of my top-ten ranking list. Of those acts, I saw nothing which would move any of them into the top half of my list. I thought Christina and Ali and Taylor Mathews were lousy, while Studio One Young Beast Society and Jeremy Vanschoonhoven had excellent routines but just aren't good enough to win. Even though I've never been a fan of Anna and Patryk, I still cringed when Anna wiped out on the stairs at the start of their performance-- that fall looked like it hurt, and Anna wrinkled up her face briefly before jumping up and completing the routine.

My preferred final four remains the same four you listed.

Edit: Not quite, I like Prince Poppycock, Jackie Evancho, Michael Grasso, and Fighing Gravity the best.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-10, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say 'too close to call'!!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-10 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

It certainly was a great show! All the acts, yes, did push themselves to bring it on.

Studio One Young Beast Society: Some bold new tumbling moves this time, unfortunately it didn't seem as polished a routine as before. Christina and Ali: Unfortunate choice featuring Ali at the start, just not as strong a singer as Christina, they just don't have a chance against the other singers. Jeremy VanSchoonhoven: Nailed it this time, spot on, and the unicycle bit was smart as it looked for a second as if something might have gone wrong; it does seem in general, though, he's just doing variations on the same few stunts throughout. Taylor Matthew: Enjoyable performance, a bit on the rough side with the guitar. Anna and Patryk: Unfortunate stumble on their entrance, I don't think America will hold that against them as they did push on, it did seem though as if they were a bit rattled, Anna particularly, and it took them a little time to really get their performance up to speed as it were.

Fighting Gravity: Great bold theme and they added lasers this time, they could make it to the final four, though their performance (as with The Beasts!) wasn't as polished as before. Michael Grimm: Bold move leaving out his guitar, excellent song choice, wonderful performance. Michael Grasso: Another good magic set, should make it to the final four, but to win he's going to have to pull off something really spectacular and unexpected, another three card monte won't cut it. Prince Poppycock: Well, he ain't no Jimmy Cagney, but he's shown he can pick up almost any theme and run with it, still his competition to lose. Jackie Evancho: Played to her strengths and gave a flawless performance.

My grades

Prince Poppycock
Michael Grasso
Jackie Evancho
Fighting Gravity

Michael Grimm
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven
Anna and Patryk

Studio One Young Beast Society
Taylor Matthews
Christina and Ali

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-08-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say 'too close to call'!!"
Nine of the acts really stepped up to the plate

Absolutely, too close to call

Christina & Ali were just so-so

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-10, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say 'too close to call'!!"
enough non-singers made it through the second semi for me to actually keep watching.

I'm shocked.

My rankings.

1. Prince Poppycock. Knows how to put on a show.
2. Fighting Gravity. May not be as polished as some routines, but something I could see paying to go see in Vegas.

--gap--

3. Michael Grasso--OK, but all I look for is when/where will he disappear and show up somewhere else. He needs something in addition to that to win.
4. Jeremy with the Bicycle. I could see this becoming a show, but he does seem to do about the same trick with different things each time. Needs something wow to win
5. Jackie Evancho--I don't think I'd pay to see her, but she is different. However there was something about how she said that her Dad had to take care of the siblings that just seemed off. Like too bad she had siblings. Can't tell if she'll end up a big star or the "ripped from the headlines" on some procedural show in a few years.

--gap--
6. Anna and Patryk. Ups for performing with the fall. Still don't wow me as much as some of the kids on the DWTS kids competitions.
7. Studio One. OK, but don't wow me as much as other dance troupes I've seen on other shows.
8. Michael Grimm. Can't remember what he did last night.
9. Taylor Matthews (see Michael Grimm)
10. Christina and Ali. I remember them singing and not in a good way. Without the back story they would not still be on the show, IMO.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-08-10, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wow, the race is on, and I say 'too close to call'!!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-10 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

Yeah, I don't really get the Michael Grasso love. You're right, it's the same thing with different music. Both of his last performances I've been able to rewind and see right where he disappears. If the live audience could do that, they might not be so amazed. But that's the beauty of a live performance.

I'll take Michael Grimm over Michael Grasso anyday. What a great rendition of that song!

I'd round out the top four with Prince Poppycock (of course!), Jackie Evancho, and Fighting Gravity.

Still, heavy with singers though...

ETA three spots filled, and I'm 3 for 4. I'm so confident that Fighting Gravity will be the fourth spot, I'm already sure I got all four right! Yesssssssssssss!!! Nice final four!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-10, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Here we go again."
And we're 75% of the way to another season of "America's Got Singers". The pattern is always the same-- there are a few good variety acts, and one by one, they get eliminated in favor of singers. *sigh*

This year's token non-singing act, Fighting Gravity, has an interesting, unusual style which would translate well to a Vegas show, yet history tells me that they won't win. At least this year's crop of singers is good (I thought Kevin Skinner stunk and he won last year), so there's hope for America's voters after all.

My prediction for the winner is Michael Grimm. Though I don't think he's the most talented singer, he's the most mainstream of the singers, and I think that will carry the vote at the end. Despite Jackie Evancho having a wonderful voice, opera isn't very popular these days (anybody seen Neal E. Boyd lately??), and though he's quite a showman as well as a great singer, Prince Poppycock is a bit too offbeat. Fighting Gravity isn't a singing act so they're automatically out of contention.

09-09-10, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I lost on one count, but not unhappy...."
Yes, here we go ahead, Max. BUT, America has had its chance to vote off the singers, and bring on the magicians and dancers, and dare-devil acts, and it just didn't. For whatever reason, we just throw-back to those who entertain us the most, and music just 'soothes the savage beast' so they say...Is America needing some soothing these days?

I have to tell you, watching Jeremy did NOT sooth my nerves in any way or form, but I did give him props for his amazing ba**s of steel! If he has any left after a few falls off those contraptions he's built...

Anyway, I did feel bad for Michael Grasso, but to put Fighting Gravity in that place is not a disappointment in the least! I feel they may come in 2nd or 3rd.

Boy, once again, I have to say, this is going to be a really tight race, and I have a feeling we may see the order go exactly the way it went last night, with Poppycock coming in first (America is loving quirky, outrageous, 'the mirror has two faces' at this point in time'), plus he does MORE than sing. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Grimm take first, either. Geez, it's just a head-spinner this year, isn't it??

Either way, it has gotten quite exciting these last few weeks! HORRAY for a decent finale! FINALLY!!!

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-10, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Here we go again."
Yep. Congrats to the four acts that made it to the end, of course. But once again singers are in the lead.

Next year maybe we can find a singing magician.

At least Fighting Gravity is a genuine amateur act. But to win it they're going to have to up their act, not only put on a fabulous light show, but.... sing!

The other three acts, all singers, do have some drawbacks. Exploit them, Fighting Gravity, exploit your advantages, or rather their weaknesses.

Jackie, incredible singing voice, not a great performer. She'll get there eventually but for now she stands there, sings, makes some expressions.

Grimm, very mainstream, stronger performer than Jackie, but he's got his kryptonite. I like the hat. Without it he's Clark Kent!

The Prince! Tough act to beat BUT... Think of the costume changes, think of the make-up. How many variations on Poppycock can he actually present in a single show? think about it.

So, next week Fighting Gravity can win. They can! All they have to do is up their act, sing, get really campy, pull the heartstrings, and burn Michael's hat. It worked for Sandra.

09-09-10, 03:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Here we go again."
. It worked for Sandra.

You're too funny, Dabo. But I DO have one question:
who the heck is Sandra???

cainiacs 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-09-10, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cainiacs Click to send private message to cainiacs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Here we go again."
she won survivor hero's vs villians last year...she burned Russell's hat when he wasn't looking

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •