The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Show and a few tidbits from 8/31"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-01-10, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Show and a few tidbits from 8/31"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-10 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

My cable had a few misfires last night, due to the monsoon season here, but I think I heard and saw enough to be as unbiased as Howie and Piers are on a good day...whatever!

Anyway, in order, hopefully, here we go:

1) Alice Tan Ridley: singing a Whitney song (am I right about that? I think so...). She's lost a bit of her ZOWIE factor since she first appeared. Due mostly to the appearance of Jackie, and maybe because she's been found out to be doing more than the 'singing in the subs' sob story that was originally out. I'd give her a 9, though. She's still extremely talented.

2) Haspop: I normally am not really sure what he's doing. But I did enjoy him last night, even though he was buzzed by Piers. I don't see him going through to the finals, though. Where would he be slated in a Vegas show? Not sure. Maybe some of you have ideas on him. He baffles me. I'd give him a 6.

3) Maestro Bui: I play piano-certainly not on that level. But watching those fingers made me realize this guy has amazing talent and dexterity! He really is good, but rarely do instramentalist end up on top. Look at Harmonica Pierre. I think he'll go through, though, considering the audience's reaction. He'll be a toss up to me. 9 for him, taking a point away from choice of music.

4) Michael and Ashleigh: LOVE these guys! Whether they are dangerous or just beautiful like they were last night, they are amazing to watch! 10 is my score for them. Hope to see them in the finals!!

5) Michael Grasso: did very well, though we HAVE seen that done before-last season, as a matter of fact. He is likable, and again, a sob story will get you every time. 9

6) Debra Romer: Bad choice of song, off key through a lot of it, bad posture, bad connection with the audience, and I'm tired of hearing HER sob story!! Time to move on....5.

7) Young Beast (can't remember the entire name-shoot me!) First time seeing them. I was semi-impressed. They ARE a great dance/gymnastic group. Probably THE best to cross the stage this year! 8

8)Jeremy VonSchoonover: This kid gives me the shivvers every time he gets up there. I hate this act, but he does have the kahoona's, doesn't he? At least for now...LOL! 10 for bravery, insanity, and former injuries that could have kept him out of the competition.

9) Nathaniel Kenyon: See Debra Romer

10): Murray: making a train disappear is not so great? Since when?? I can't do it, can you?? Can Piers or Howie?? Whatever. These judges are numb sometimes! He may not have the showmanship that Michael had, but I still believe THAT was an amazing illusion! 9

11) Jackie Evancho: what else can be said about this little prodigy? Nothing, really. 10, and we'll see her in the finals, probably holding the check for one mil, album or not.

12) Fighting Gravity: Love these guys, and hope to see them in the top 3, at least. I'm almost sure they'll end up in Vegas soon. Don't think they'll take the prize here, but they have a career in what they're doing! Great job, and entertaining, brilliant stuff that they are doing! I could watch this stuff for hours. 10

Let's see what you all have to say. And thanks for hearing me out.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/... dabo 09-01-10 1
   RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/... mindy23 09-01-10 2
       RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/... dabo 09-01-10 3
 RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/... susang 09-01-10 4
 RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/... dabo 09-02-10 5
   RE: ITA mindy23 09-02-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-10, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/31"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-10 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

Wow, what a great semi-final! Hard to judge how things will turn out, but as a single episode it was certainly one of their best ever.

Anyway, let's just look at the singers first and get them out of the way. Jackie Evancho is virtually guaranteed a spot in the finals simply on talent alone, best singer of the night certainly. She has the wow factor simply from the fact that that voice comes from that little girl. She has a ways to go to become a better performer, she just stands there, sings, does a few arm movements.

Alice Tan Ridley did very well, but I wasn't absolutely knocked out by her performance. I kind of hope Jackie knocks her out just to make room for another variety act, but I'll certainly understand if she got a lot of votes. Debra Romer, sweet kid, but she's gone about as far as her talent can take her. Watching Nathaniel Kenyon perform was painful, he couldn't get over his nerves and was just singing badly, a shame but he's in over his head as well.

Michael Grasso versus Murray, Battle of the Magicians! Well, if there's only room for one of these guys to go ahead, I'll give the nod to Michael for having more trick and better execution. Murray just seemed rushed to tell his story. Did you catch the neat trick at the end that the producers pulled? In the recap segments they showed Michael's bombshell assistant! Yowza! Anyway, I'm not certain either of these guys will make it to the finals.

Tough night, heavy competition. One act I don't expect to make it, though, is Jeremy VanSchoonhoven. For all his bravery and bravado I didn't think he was having fun out there, I thought he was obviously struggling to jump his bike around. And, really, he missed a perfect sublime opportunity during this whole show, he never jumped his bike over a shark. America, he's so banged up and all, have some pity, don't make him show up again next week, okay.

So, whose left?

Haspop. Strange guy, incredible and very different type of dancer, practically a contortionist. I really enjoyed his little skit last night.

Maestro Alexander Bui. Howie is a nincompoop. Amazingly talented pianist, he keeps picking some incredibly tough charts. If there's one thing wrong with the act it's that he needs to relax more, get some better flow going, have fun. I mean, you know, whatever he was doing you knew Liberace was having the time of his life every time he sat at the keyboard.

Michael Lipari and Ashleigh Dejon. Very likeable aerialists, wonderfully moving and beautiful performance last night.

Studio One Young Beast Society. These guys danced their hearts out last night, they really cut loose! Great performance. I'll admit, though, Howie had a very minor point, their name is a mouthful. They live up to the young beast part, they should shorten it to The Young Beast Society or just Young Beasts! (emphasis included).

And, of course, Fighting Gravity, these guys are as close to a shoo-in as Jackie Evancho.

My picks: Jackie Evancho, Fighting Gravity, Michael Grasso, Maestro Bui, Young Beasts!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-01-10, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/31"
I have to agree with you on your picks for the finals tonight, with one exception: I would put Ashleigh and Micheal in over Maestro Bui. I don't care for his style of playing. No doubt he has brilliant, amazing talent.

But he's more for orchestral playing, with solo parts made especially for him. I can't see him headlining with that. And I think America will agree-as much as Howie goofed on buzzing him, I do agree that his style is just not what America looks for when we want to listen to 'music-only' on DVD's, etc. We want something we can relate to, and that is not it, IMHO.

I'd rather see Ashleigh and Micheal any day, and they have shown that they KNOW how to bring in the drama as well as the sweetness into their performances. They have a charm and a variety that keeps you wanting to see them. At least that's how I feel.

Thanks for your comments, Dabo. As always, great judging on your part. I totally agree about Jeremy. PLEASE let this kid go before he ends up a paraplegic or dead! I couldn't stand watching him hurt himself one more time. THAT is when the fun and entertainment stop!

09-01-10, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/31"
I wouldn't mind that in the least, and I would love to see Michael and Ashleigh again anyway. The bar was set pretty high last night and only three acts, in my opinion, failed to deliver, Debra, Nathaniel and Jeremy. With some maturing Alexander could have a stellar act, be a Liberace or an Elton or a "Killer." But he's not there yet.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-01-10, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/31"
In general, the variety acts really stepped it up.

I'd like to see more of these acts in the Top Ten, rather than adding another batch of singers.

09-02-10, 00:55 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Show and a few tidbits from 8/31"
Mindy, got to say, it broke my heart a bit when it turned out Michael and Ashleigh hadn't got the votes to make it to the judges decision. Hope they get to go on the AGT tour, they really should be part of it.

Between Young Beasts! and Alice Tan Ridley, I do think the judges made the right choice to keep Young Beasts! Last thing we needed in the finals was a sixth singing act. I'm sure it would have been a much tougher call had it been between Young Beast Society and Lipari & Dejon.

Anyway, honestly America, are you wanting to see Jeremy VanSchoonhoven break his neck? Can't fault the choices of Michael Grasso, Jackie Evancho or Fighting Gravity. But now a guy who is busted up already has to spend a bit less than a week getting a finals act together when he should be resting and recuperating. It's just sadistic is what it is, just sadistic.

09-02-10, 10:57 AM (EST)
6. "RE: ITA"
I just can't even stand to watch one more minute of Jeremy. He's a nice guy and has a different type of gig, but really? I know that Evil Kinevel did the same thing on a motorcycle for several years, and I hated that, too.

But he had a huge following, and also a huge orthopedic bill, I'm sure!

I'm just way too squeamish about watching people do deliberate dare-devilish acts that have no performance value at all. IMHO, Ashleigh and Michael had performance value. And I was more than a little upset when they were voted off. I don't get it...but I can't say much because AGT airs here too late for me to vote. I watch via DVR at 5:00 am the following morning.

I don't know. Call it the nurse in me, or the fact that I've had 5 spinal surgeries myself, and am also a mother, but I just don't want to see Jeremy or any other act like him on my TV screen. And one of my worst nightmares is that my 8 y/o grandson LOVES the guy and is going to try to duplicate those acts......God help us! Why doesn't he just put himself in a cage with a lion?? I KNOW-I'm being ridiculous, but this is how I feel! So shoot me...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •