The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/12 Performance Show "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-12-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/12 Performance Show "
Hi Gang,

Lets keep discussion about the September 12th peformance show in this thread.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/12 Performance Show cycles2k 09-12-06 1
 Back from the dead is..... cycles2k 09-12-06 2
   RE: Back from the dead is..... Glow 09-12-06 10
       RE: Back from the dead is..... mememi 09-13-06 28
 *Swoon* CattyChat 09-12-06 3
 Toby cycles2k 09-12-06 4
   RE: Toby CattyChat 09-12-06 6
       RE: Toby cycles2k 09-12-06 7
 Toby arkiegrl 09-12-06 5
 Lucas cycles2k 09-12-06 8
   RE: Lucas -- *Swoon* CattyChat 09-12-06 9
       RE: Lucas -- *Swoon* nailbone 09-12-06 22
       RE: Lucas -- *Swoon* LisaPles 09-13-06 25
           RE: Lucas -- *Swoon* mememi 09-13-06 29
   LuKas Glow 09-12-06 11
 Dilana cycles2k 09-12-06 12
   RE: Dilana CattyChat 09-12-06 13
   RE: Dilana Sues 09-12-06 14
   RE: Dilana nailbone 09-12-06 21
       RE: Dilana mrreality 09-13-06 26
   RE: Dilana mememi 09-13-06 30
 Magni cycles2k 09-12-06 15
   RE: Magni CattyChat 09-12-06 16
   RE: Magni cheesybread 09-12-06 17
 Early voting cycles2k 09-12-06 18
 Initial Votes CattyChat 09-12-06 19
   RE: Initial Votes Sues 09-12-06 20
 Question PagongRatEater 09-12-06 23
   RE: Question dragonflies 09-13-06 24
   RE: Question mememi 09-13-06 31
 RE: 9/12 Performance Show bullzeye 09-13-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-12-06, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/12 Performance Show "
I still think a higher level DAW should create this discussion thread, but the bigwigs are letting me down and my refresh finger grows raw with the repetition.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-12-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
2. "Back from the dead is....."
Ryan Star.

Apparently Glowie got her way. He sang his original (Back of My Car) and wins a Honda CRV.

My opinion: His performance was OK but I think Ryan was capable of better.

My other opinion: I like the CRV more than the Element.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-06, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Back from the dead is....."
Of course, I did.

My opinion: I love him. My television is happy. I am happy. His smile is priceless.

I like the CRV better too.

mememi 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-13-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mememi Click to send private message to mememi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Back from the dead is....."
I was thinking of you last night, Glow -- how thrilled you must have been to have Ryan back!

Not the best performance of his I've seen but I'm sure we will all be seeing/hearing more from him!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "*Swoon*"
Love Ryan, love "Back of your car" . . . but why did Dilana have to introduce him ?? Consolation prize is a new car . . . but Ryan's real prize was the huge boost in his fan base as viewers around the world have been introduced to his talent.

09-12-06, 09:21 PM (EST)
4. "Toby"
Toby sings:

Karma Police (Radiohead)

I enjoyed it but he seemed a little off key to me. Perhaps my imagination.

Throw It Away (original)

Magni on guitar and Toby stayed on stage. Once again, that song is a hit for Toby.

09-12-06, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Toby"
Karma Police was just okay to me, but I am not a Radiohead Fan.

Tody's original is my 2nd fave from this season - - - I love the energy, melody, lyrics -- everything. I laughed watching Toby & Magni interact -- the EVS on Magni's head & Magni kneeling & holding the guitar for Toby. The whole performance was awesome.

If Toby doesn't win, Toby & Magni should tour together.

09-12-06, 09:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Toby"
I was thinking the same thing about Toby and Magni being great together.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Toby"
He brings the party.

09-12-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
8. "Lucas"
Fix You (Coldplay)

Wow, that was incredible.

Headspin (original) {acoustic}

That too was increadible.

For someone who didn't like Lukas throughout most of the season I just became a total convert. Good chance I will be casting my vote for Lukas tonight.

09-12-06, 09:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Lucas -- *Swoon*"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-06 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

P.H.E.N.O.M.E.N.A.L. . . . .

ETA -- Oh, I forgot about my bone to pick with Dave . . . WTF was the shout out to Paula after Lucas' amazing set??? Way to cheapen Lucas' performance, "dude." It should have been all about Lucas . . . does anyone care about a drugged up ho in the audience? I think NOT.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Lucas -- *Swoon*"
Is that who that was? I never was quite sure.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Lucas -- *Swoon*"
>WTF was the shout out to
>Paula after Lucas' amazing set???
> Way to cheapen Lucas'
>performance, "dude." It should
>have been all about Lucas.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Who gives a crap about Paula Abdul! They probably had to grease the doorways to get her inflated head out of there.

Lucas was amazing! Maybe Dave's huge ego was threatened because the audience goes nuts for him.

09-13-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mememi Click to send private message to mememi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Lucas -- *Swoon*"
I thought the same about Paula - wait until after a commercial break, do a quick shout out then move on, don't take the wind out of Lukas's sails like that!!

Though I had a quick laugh when, right after intro'ing Pauls from AI, he talked about how great it was to be involved in a show that allows rockers to showcase their originals (total opposite of Idol!!).

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "LuKas"
Lukas brings the pretty.

09-12-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
12. "Dilana"
Roxanne (The Police)

Great touch getting the guys to sing backup. Very well done.

Supersoul (original)

I never liked this song before, but I think it sounded great tonight.

Jason made a joke. Who'da thunk?

Dave said he loved Dilana a thousand times more than she thinks he loves her. Who'da thought Dave would say such glowing things about Dilana.

09-12-06, 09:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Dilana"
Now THAT's the boy band for me . . . Toby, Lukas & Magni Great harmony & eye candy.

Oh, Dilana was there too? I hate to say that I've tuned her out during both her performances, so I guess that's where she has landed in my opinion.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Dilana"
You know, I hope these four have huge fabulous careers with or without 'Supernova'...they're just awesome...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Dilana"
Gotta agree, cycles. I have to give Dilana her props. She looked and sounded great tonight. Scary hot was back, more hot than scary.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

mrreality 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-13-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrreality Click to send private message to mrreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Dilana"
I really hope that Dilana wins, but sadly I fear that she wouldn't. I do think she is the best singer of the four left. I just don't think that the winner will ever be a girl on this show.

09-13-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Dilana"
I was more impressed with her than I've been for several weeks now. I thought she did a great job with "Roxanne," I dunno what Paul was griping about, that was great! I even liked her original way better than the last time. Still not sure I see her with SN but she went up in my estimation.

09-12-06, 09:57 PM (EST)
15. "Magni"
Hush (Deep Purple)

I'm sure it sounded fine, but I just didn't enjoy it.

When the Time Comes(original)

I guess this sounded fine too. DW left the room during this song.

Magni is such a great guy and an awesome musician. Too bad he does not move me the way the others did tonight.

I'm guessing that Tommy won't be voting for Magni on the Internet tonight.

09-12-06, 10:00 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Magni"
Hush is a fave of mine & Magni nailed it. That was GREAT!!

His original is my #3, after Toby & Lukas, respectively . . . #4 if you add Ryan as my #1 original this season.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-12-06, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Magni"

I don't get the anti-magni-ness. I thought he was awesome tonight. But from Tommy and Jason's comments it's obvious he wont win.

09-12-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
18. "Early voting"
From the most to least popular based on the very early voting:

1) Dilana
2) Toby
3) Lukas
4) Magni

09-12-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
19. "Initial Votes"
1. Dilana
2. Toby
3. Lukas
4. Magni

(IMO that's just all wrong)

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Initial Votes"
I loved Magni's original...but I think it's too good for Supernova. They love Tobey's which is basically a pop song, catchy, but not intense or deep. Which is perfect for them as I don't think they will be either.

I wonder how committed they are since two of them are still with their original bands....

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Question"
I didn't watch last year, so maybe someone else can shed some light on this. What is the point of the final vote? Is one person eliminated from consideration or does it just provide a final barometer or what.

Thanks.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Question"
I did watch last year PRE, and don't remember it like this. There were 3 left. The performed, then INXS eliminated MiG, and then both Marty & JD sang with INXS, and then they picked JD. No bottom 3, although there were only 3.

So hypothetically, since there are 4, would the 1 not in the bottom 3 win? as if.

Go Pack!

09-13-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Question"
>I didn't watch last year, so
>maybe someone else can shed
>some light on this.
>What is the point of
>the final vote? Is
>one person eliminated from consideration
>or does it just provide
>a final barometer or what.

My understanding is they will have the bottom 2 identified by voting, then SN will eliminate one of those. The remaining 3 will then sing and SN will choose the singer for them.

I think it is different from last year though.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-13-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 9/12 Performance Show "
That was a fun night! I know I am late with comments but here goes:

I thought Ryan rocked it - easily the best original this season. (And...if you look closely, you can see him say, "This one's for you Glow".)

Loved the interaction between Toby and Lukas but neither really gave a commanding finale performance.

Lukas was phenomenal. Simpy phenomenal. I thought he blew everyone out of the water, until Dilana. Don't love her, but she really showed her stuff last night.

A birthday present from Tribe

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •