The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Delana's "injury"?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Delana's "injury"?"
Have a bit of a problem with her "injury". Haven't seen much about it, but last week - when she came out on crutches - they said she had torn her calf muscle. (Coincidentally, she was in the bottom 3).

At the end of the show, when she avoided elimination, she was shown pointing her toe. (Hard, if not impossible, to do with a torn calf.)

This week she does one number with a cane, but keeps time with her injured leg. Then, next song, she doesn't even need a cane and is dancing and walking with no problem. Major recovery in such a short time for that injury.

Going for sympathy votes when she was in the bottom 3?

For me she's not been in the top, although she's not bad. But, when I factor in the potential of faking an injury for sympathy, she drops.

Any comments? Any news that would explain what I'm seeing/hearing?

Autumn by Tribe blogging's scary

Autumn by Tribe blogging's scary

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Delana's "injury"? Aussie Dave 09-13-06 1
 RE: Delana's "injury"? Ahtumbreez 09-13-06 2
   RE: Delana's "injury"? nailbone 09-13-06 6
 RE: Delana's "injury"? CattyChat 09-13-06 3
 RE: Delana's "injury"? Magnolia_Rocker 09-13-06 4
 RE: Delana's "injury"? xwraith27 09-13-06 5
 RE: Delana's "injury"? nailbone 09-13-06 7
   RE: Delana's "injury"? MKitty 09-13-06 8
   RE: Delana's "injury"? Glow 09-13-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aussie Dave 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-13-06, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aussie%20Dave Click to send private message to Aussie%20Dave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 01:51 AM (EST)

I have snapped 3 calfs in the last 3 years (footnote: I only have 2 legs) and I can confidently say that if she had only snapped it the day before she put in that performance on stage then she must have been on some sort of STRONG (and I mean STROOOOONG) pain killers or else some sort of adrenaline rush because with some of those kicks she was coming up with she must have been in agony.....though her face didn't show it.

She looked kind of embarrassing I've gotta say.

Shame...she was my favourite for the first half of the series. She seemed to be very down to earth and compassionate.

......then she suddenly turned into a tool.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
In college many, many years ago, I was in a dance troupe and tore a calf muscle. I babied that sucker for two weeks, giving weak, hobbly dress rehearsals before our big debut. But the night of the show I didn't feel a thing...until......about an hour after the curtain dropped then it was bags of ice, tape and call me James.

I wasn't on anything except asprin and adreneline. I'm sure Dilana wanted to go out with a lasting mental image tonight or then again she may have been faking it for the votes

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
then it was bags of ice, tape and call me James.

LOL!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-06, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
I did & will continue to believe that Dilana played up her "injury" dramatically. I'm sure she was hurt, but not nearly as bad as we were lead to believe. I'm guessing it was more like a sore muscle after a great workout that may hurt like heck the next morning, but if you keep moving it works itself out.

Everything about Dilana is D.R.A.M.A., so that's what I think.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-13-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
I believe she's faking the injury. No way would she be able to do the things she has done on stage the last two weeks with an injury like that.

A Tribe Original!

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-13-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
I think the incident itself wasn't faked. I think she was hurt and that she had a hard time performing last week. Besides, if the injury itself was faked, I think we would've seen the other rockers show some sort of disapproval, and that Storm would've hinted at something in any interview.

That said, I think that while the injury wasn't faked, the extent of the injury was blown out of proportion. I'm not in the medical profession, but I would think that a torn calf muscle would take at least several weeks to heal, plus physical therapy.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
I don't think it was faked, but I do think it was over-stated. Probably a strain or a pull, not a tear. She was limping last night at the end of the show when they called all four to the stage.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-13-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
Yeah, I agree it was overstated. When she had the guy carry her out last week...I just rolled my eyes! I too was a tad (insert sarcasm here) surprised when she was jumping and running around during her original last night... She's not getting my vote any time soon and yes, her "injury" did annoy me.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Delana's "injury"?"
I don't believe it was faked either. Overstated? maybe. I wouldn't know. I do know that many performers have performed with pretty serious injuries with the aid of very strong drugs.

Maybe a JD lover can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe I read that he performed with some leg injury high on something for a good while.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •