The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Song Selections for this week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-06, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Song Selections for this week"
It is the stripped down week...

Zayra – Lluvia De Mar (original song)
Magni – Starman (David Bowie)
Patrice – Message in a Bottle (The Police)
Lukas – Hero (Chad Kroeger)
Storm – I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
Toby – Solsbury Hill (Peter Gabriel)
Ryan – In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
Dilana – Cat’s in the Cradle (Harry Chapin)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Song Selections for this week Glow 08-13-06 1
   RE: Song Selections for this week MKitty 08-15-06 19
 RE: Song Selections for this week xwraith27 08-14-06 2
 RE: Song Selections for this week cycles2k 08-14-06 3
   RE: Song Selections for this week xwraith27 08-14-06 4
       RE: Song Selections for this week Loree 08-14-06 5
           RE: Song Selections for this week cheesybread 08-14-06 6
       RE: Song Selections for this week cycles2k 08-14-06 15
 RE: Song Selections for this week weltek 08-14-06 7
 RE: Song Selections for this week nailbone 08-14-06 8
   RE: Song Selections for this week Snidget 08-14-06 11
       RE: Song Selections for this week Glow 08-14-06 13
           RE: Song Selections for this week cycles2k 08-14-06 16
       RE: Song Selections for this week nailbone 08-14-06 14
       RE: Song Selections for this week Wacko Jacko 08-15-06 21
 RE: Song Selections for this week michel 08-14-06 9
 RE: Song Selections for this week geg6 08-14-06 10
   RE: Song Selections for this week rockdog 08-14-06 12
 RE: Song Selections for this week Savahnna 08-15-06 17
 RE: Song Selections for this week MKitty 08-15-06 18
 RE: Song Selections for this week nailbone 08-15-06 20
   RE: Song Selections for this week Wacko Jacko 08-15-06 22
       RE: Song Selections for this week nailbone 08-15-06 24
           RE: Song Selections for this week SherpaDave 08-15-06 25
   Incoming Glowie in..... Magnolia_Rocker 08-15-06 23
   RE: Song Selections for this week Glow 08-15-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-06, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Me no likey Nickleback. I'm sure though, with Lukas singing it, stripped down no less, that I'll forget all about Chad Kroeger.

Zayra sounded gorgeous, but I'm worried (slightly) about her singing it in Spanish.

Ryan should have fought harder for the original. But he got one of the best songs on the list anyway.

Interesting that Dilana took Lukas' advice, huh? He must have felt like he owed her (which he did) for suggesting he do "Creep" last week.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-15-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
I agree about Nickleback...definately NOT a fan...so I hope that Lukas can rescue it! Interesting note, I heard "Creep" on the radio on the way to work this morning. I have to say that Lukas's version was just as good, if not better (that may be sacrilege to some..but he did give me goosebumps)

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-14-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Zayra – Lluvia De Mar (original song)

I hate to admit it, but I'm actually looking forward to hearing Zayra sing an original song this week. I've thought for some time now that Zayra's accent is a major hindrance for me from enjoying her performances. So, if the accent doesn't work for the song, make the song work for the accent.

Storm – I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)

This? This I gotta see to believe.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-14-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-06 AT 00:54 AM (EST)

Thanks for the list. Excuse my ignorance but what does "The stripped down week..." mean?

I didn't like the songs when I read last weeks list, yet it was the best episode so far. This weeks list looks great, so I am going to have to keep my expectations low so that I can again be pleasantly surprised.

Hope Zayra does well with her original song.

Magni - "Starman" should be good.

Patrice, "Message in a bottle is an easy song". I have a feeling that this will be mediocre.

Lukas - Should have no trouble with "Hero."

Storm - We never saw classy Storm coming so maybe Disco Storm singing "I Will Survive" will emerge.

Toby - I wonder if he can do "Solsbury Hill" justice.

Ryan - He is already spooky and "In the air tonight" is a spooky song.

Dilana - "Cats in the cradle" might be wierd when sung by a woman with a deep voice, but who knows.

PS: I miss Harry Chapin. Sigh.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-14-06, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Excuse my ignorance but what does "The stripped down week..." mean?

I believe this means that we won't see any 'heavy' rocking this week. Remember acoustic night from last season? I'm expecting something close to that.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-06, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Yes, this is what stripped down means. The band said last week they wanted all of the singers to do this for a performance to really show off their voices. Hopefully they will only do this once since I think we will all miss the Rock.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Song Selections for this week"

Funny, didn't Tommy say he wanted to see Storm rock out again this week? How would she do that with any of these songs, save for an original, possibly? Or did he say he "looked forward to " her rocking out again? I can't remember.

Anyway, I am looking forward to "In the Air Tonight". That is one of my favorite songs. I listened to a live CD of Phil Collins performing it and I was dissapointed, actually. He tried to make it sweeter and softer. I would love to see Ryan do it darker, grittier, and a little angry. I think Marty would have been incredible with this, but alas, that was last season.

08-14-06, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Remember acoustic night from last season? I'm expecting something close to that

Thank you for the info. I enjoy the accoustic versions of many songs so this week might be a real treat for me. I'm still trying keep my expectations in check because they went through the roof after last weeks episode.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
*yawn* Somebody had better surprise me this week because I'm already underwhelmed.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Interesting that only one of them is doing an original song. Why don't more of them do that?

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
I'm wondering if maybe there was one of the song choices labeled do an original song so only one person could choose it?

Seems that they only have as many choices as peeps so I would think that with the structure of the choose a song thing they might do it that way.

Is this the original lyrics they did to Supernova's song or a completely original song? That may effect the number they allow. The house band always sounds really well rehersed (unlike the AI band that often svcks) and I wonder if part of that is they have a lot of info ahead of time about a fairly limited number of songs. I know they adapt things based on what each rocker does with a song, but they don't sound to me like they are learning all those songs from scratch in the same time frame the rockers have from selection to performance.

It's a tribe creation!

08-14-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
A completely original song.

Ryan found the songs this week. His eyes were immediately drawn to the blank music sheet that said, "Your Original". He was practically salivating. Lots of people wanted to do it, of course, but in the end, it was Ryan and Z fighting over it. *giggle* She kept saying, "Ryan, I really really really want this." He goes, "You can say 'really' as much as you want. I really want it too." She goes, "yeah, but I really really want it." Anyway, Toby, Lukas and (I believe) Magni convinced him to do "In the Air Tonight". He gave in eventually saying of the songs listed, this is the one he could most make his own.

There was also a fight over "Solsbury Hill" because Gilby is playing on it. This resulted in Toby running naked around the pool to get the song.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

08-14-06, 11:56 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
"This resulted in Toby running naked around the pool to get the song. "

So that is what they mean by stripped down week.

08-14-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Is this the original lyrics they did to Supernova's song or a completely original song?

It's one of her own songs, off her album Ruleta that's already released.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-15-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Well, there are many rearrangements.

Also, on elimination night the bottom three pick what they want. So I think it is more that the Houseband is really good rather than the houseband has had much time to rehearse.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-06 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

There's only 3 songs I like this week:

Toby – Solsbury Hill (Peter Gabriel): Gabriel's wonderful song explaining his decision to leave Genesis is jovial, light-hearted but with just a hint of worry. How can such a personal song be covered without losing all its emotion and meaning? Luckily for Toby's fans, Patrice is still around.

Ryan – In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins): This dark melody can easily be overdone by Ryan.

Magni – Starman (David Bowie) Great song but Bowie will test even Magni.

Besides Magni, the other three top contenders, Lukas, Dilana and Storm don't have very interesting songs. Lets hope they can make something out of them.

The others...?
Zayra – Lluvia De Mar (original song) Isn't anything she does "original"? This may be too much!!

Patrice – Message in a Bottle (The Police) I thought it would be last week but Bye-Bye Patrice!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Well, there's a play list I never hope to see again. Blech!

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
This is heavy metal for American Idol. What's up with this show.
(Looks like Storm had too much to drink in Vagas)

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-15-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
Sorry. I hope Dilana blows Cat's in the Cradle

But even if I think she will....who am I kidding? They'll love it.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-15-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
I think there are some very intersting songs for this week. It's kind of funny that they always throw in an "odd duck" song each week to see how the rawkers handle it (Jenny 8675301, etc..) so I am curious to see what Storm does with "I will survive". I love that song, but from what I saw on the show last night, I think she would be better off rocking it up a bit...it's a strong, strong song and not a soft and gentle one. Interesting too how they didn't even show Lukas, Patrice and Magni last night..I didn't even know what they were singing until I read this post!

I agree with one of the posters in this thread about Patrice...I can't see her doing justice to Message in a Bottle...I fear it will be a little bland. I hope Magni steps it up for Starman...I LOVE that song. I think Ryan is very capble of doing a fabulous haunting In the Air tonight, ditto for Cat's in the Cradle from Dilana, and yes, I am very, very curious to see Zayra do her "original" song.

08-15-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
I hear Lukas really gakked it up this week, and may be one of the bottom 3, and MAY be the one sent home.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-15-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
>I hear Lukas really gakked
>it up this week, and
>may be one of the
>bottom 3, and MAY be
>the one sent home.
>
>

>>color="maroon" size=1] Holey carp! >My blog!> MySpace!
>Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT
>Fantasy Football Champ!

>
> o-

>

Are you kidding? Lukas aint going anywhere this week.

08-15-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
SSSSHHHH!!!!! Yes, I'm kidding. Hence, the at the end. But I don't want Glow to notice that.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
I was about to say... what bet did you lose to force you to post that?

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog. See Dave space.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-15-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Incoming Glowie in....."

A Tribe Original!

08-15-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Song Selections for this week"
That's slightly different than what I heard. *kick*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •