The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Zayra's pithc problems"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Zayra's pithc problems"
I pulled this from WackoJacko's love list this week:

8. Zayra Alvarez – David Bowie “All the Young Dudes” I just love watching her perform. I want her to stay around a little longer.....because I anticapate each performance. I think others are finally coming around to her. Think her vocals were a little off this week.....her accent is just too stronge. Even the famous foreign rockers are able to hide their accents when they sing she needs to do this and she would be great. Her outfit limited her stage movement. Also, thought the music on this performance was a little too straight forward.

A theory that DW came up with about Z's pitch problems goes along this same line. If you look at many foreign singers (Roxette, for example) they are VERY "produced". If you listen to Z's stuff online, same thing. She sounds wonderful, but you can tell that someone was working the board hard. And if you've ever heard an unsanitized version of Enrique Iglesias singing "Hero" live, you can hear MAJOR pitch problems. Nobody accuses him of being untalented.

I've even heard of some computer software many singers use, even live in concert, that takes the vocals and cleans them up. And something they didn't show on air last night was her complaints about not being able to hear the floor monitors. Word is that she's used to the in-ear monitors, and is not used to the floor monitors.

Anyway, having heard her music outside Rockstar, I know she can sound beautiful, and in no way is she as completely untalented as some think. Just different.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Zayra's pithc problems Glow 08-09-06 1
   RE: Zayra's pithc problems nailbone 08-09-06 2
       RE: Zayra's pithc problems Glow 08-09-06 3
           RE: Zayra's pithc problems zombiebaby 08-09-06 4
           RE: Zayra's pithc problems nailbone 08-09-06 6
               RE: Zayra's pithc problems Glow 08-10-06 14
                   RE: Zayra's pithc problems LisaPles 08-10-06 15
           RE: Zayra's pithc problems weltek 08-10-06 16
   RE: Zayra's pithc problems CattyChat 08-09-06 5
       RE: Zayra's pithc problems Wacko Jacko 08-09-06 7
           RE: Zayra's pithc problems nailbone 08-10-06 11
               RE: Zayra's pithc problems Wacko Jacko 08-10-06 13
                   RE: Zayra's pithc problems nailbone 08-10-06 18
   RE: Zayra's pithc problems weltek 08-10-06 17
       RE: Zayra's pithc problems nailbone 08-10-06 19
 RE: Zayra's pithc problems geg6 08-09-06 8
   RE: Zayra's pithc problems tamarama 08-09-06 9
   RE: Zayra's pithc problems Magnolia_Rocker 08-10-06 12
 RE: Zayra's pithc problems cycles2k 08-09-06 10
   RE: Zayra's pithc problems britishkid 08-19-06 20
 RE: Zayra's pithc problems Glow 08-25-06 21
   RE: Zayra's pithc problems cheesybread 08-25-06 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
I don't remember hearing any pitch problems and I don't remember her sounding flat. But then again, I listen to her like I listen to (hate to do this comparison again but) Bjork. I don't listen to her for perfect "pitch". This isn't American Idol. She knows what she's doing. And yes, the in-ear hickey would certainly help. She puts on a great show though. You know? eh. If she stays there much longer, she's going to win me over and I'm going to start voting for her. I was almost tempted to last night. Different is good.

Where's the Tsa-ee-da siggy, Boner? Whip it out.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-09-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
I'd like to give her an in-ear (or other places) hickey....

08-09-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
There it is. Wear it proud. That girl's a star.

oh and speaking of hot things that make me want to lick the television.

well, I never saw this on television... just on the computer. *licks monitor*

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
*reminds self to never touch Glow's monitor or tv*

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

08-09-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
Yum!! Where'd you find that!?!?!

08-10-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
In the Ryan folder. It's hot.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-10-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
> It's hot.

Ooooh, yes it is! Yum-yum, get you some Zayra!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
That IS really hot.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-09-06, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
I agree with everything Glowie said. I guess because I find Zayra so interesting and I like her sound, I don't care or listen for whether or not she's off. Also, since she rearranges things so much, I never know where it is she was intending to be on her vocals anyway. I just watch, listen and enjoy.

Is she the best in the competition? No, but she's far from the worst. I have very eclectic musical tastes, but the one common theme is that I enjoy artists that have individuality and a distinct sound.

And, yes, she is hot and spunky. Love the fiery/sexy Latinos.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-09-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-06 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

Nailbone, Thanks for using my post to start a new topic. I voted for Zayra this week and I voted for her the last couple of weeks. I always vote two people every week. Look we know Dilana and Lukas are not going anywhere....I voted for her because I want her to stay longer. If she makes it say to the final 5 then I will stop voting but I really enjoy her performances...others I can not say the same. it would be a shame to have some of these rockers who stand no chance and have no originality last longer. In the end it does not matter who I vote for let's say SuperNova wants Dilana....even if she appears in the bottom three every week here on out they can keep her....for that reason I think the voting format is great. Here's hoping Zayra is around for a few more weeks. I think she is very good at what she does.

Did you guys watch a show called Cupid a few years ago? In that show a girl dated like 12 guys each week the guy with the lowest amount of votes was eliminated. She had to continue going on dates each week with the guys who were left. In the end whoever the audience picked for her was the one she was supposed to continue dating. And if she accepted a marriage proposal from the guy on the final show they would both get 1 Million Dollars. Well there was a guy on there who had no chemistry at all with the girl. He was really a joke, but he was really funny. Actually had a thick 'Arnold' accent. Well, the audience voted this guy all the way til the final two. Each week although this girl hated the guy she had to go out on dates and each week they were hilarious dates. Luckily for her, the audience supposedly picked the guy she liked. She didn't end up marrying the guy...but last I heard they were still dating. My point being on this show you can only do so much...and that is a good premise. If SuperNova don't want Zayra than good for them. But in the mean time I really enjoy her performances and the voting system always me to try to keep her around longer. If you guys missed Cupid you missed a classic. Go Zayra! I am voting for her not because I think she is best for SuperNova but because I enjoy her performances.

08-10-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
Well, the audience voted this guy all the way til the final two. Each week although this girl hated the guy she had to go out on dates and each week they were hilarious dates

Like the Vote for the Worst gang that supposedly haunts American Idol.

I am voting for her not because I think she is best for SuperNova but because I enjoy her performances.

It's pretty obvious already who are the best fits for SuperNova, so we might as well keep her around for the entertainment/intrigue factor.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-10-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
Exactly. It will come down to Dilana and Lukas. Storm will be in the final 5 and my guess is Toby will also. And my guess is Magni will be the last of the final five. So that leaves Ryan, Zayra, and Patrice. The latter two will be the next two going home. Really it don't matter at this point which order they go home we know there are really only two contenders.

08-10-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
I have Storm as a contender, too, on equal footing with Dilana and Lukas.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-06 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

I agree with Glow, and think some of her vocal problems exhibited come largely from trying to sing songs that don't fit her style and lyrics that are difficult with her accent. Thus, I still stick by how horrible she'd be as a front person for Supernova, but I'd buy her music if she did something a little less hard rock.

08-10-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
Go to her MySpace page and listen to some of her pre-Rockstar stuff. She's really very talented.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-06, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
>A theory that DW came up
>with about Z's pitch problems
>goes along this same line.
> If you look at
>many foreign singers (Roxette, for
>example) they are VERY "produced".
> If you listen to
>Z's stuff online, same thing.
> She sounds wonderful, but
>you can tell that someone
>was working the board hard.

If someone has to work the board that hard, they're covering a major lack of something. I'd call that something "ability."

> And if you've ever
>heard an unsanitized version of
>Enrique Iglesias singing "Hero" live,
>you can hear MAJOR pitch
>problems. Nobody accuses him
>of being untalented.

You've obviously never heard my critiques of his singing. Even the overproduced songs.

>I've even heard of some computer
>software many singers use, even
>live in concert, that takes
>the vocals and cleans them
>up.

That's called the Ashlee Simpson distortion modulator. LOL!

And something they
>didn't show on air last
>night was her complaints about
>not being able to hear
>the floor monitors. Word
>is that she's used to
>the in-ear monitors, and is
>not used to the floor
>monitors.

How many weeks have they been doing this now? Sorry, that excuse doesn't wash with me.

>Anyway, having heard her music outside
>Rockstar, I know she can
>sound beautiful, and in no
>way is she as completely
>untalented as some think.
>Just different.

She has some talent. Just some. Not enough that she'll ever be a rock star. But she might fit into the Mars version of mediocre talent like Brittany or Ashlee or Jessica.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-09-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
*plops down right next to geg*

>>If someone has to work the board that hard, they're covering a major lack of something. I'd call that something "ability."<<

Amen.

And as for over-production...when it's used, to many ears it's obvious, and to some ears, offensive. The people that have "singing" careers with studio-tweaked vocals have those careers for other reasons.
Enrique (who's your daddy?)
Ashlee (who's your daddy?)
Paula Abdul (a dancer who hit at the right MTV moment)
Britney Spears (School girl uniform + hooters)
Kevin Federline (OK, that's a guess, never heard him--bet I'm right)

I also don't buy the monitor thing as an excuse. This seems to crop up on AI every year too. B.S.
You want to be a professional singer? You're likely going to have to sing live. You want to sing live? You better know how to work with various equipment.

Those arguments remind me of an idiot I once worked with who "couldn't sing" because he's used to the ear monitors. Jerk. Truth was, the bulk of his experience was the Halloween show at Six Flags, where everyone is amplified & tweaked to the nth degree. We were doing a stage production of "Fiddler," and he was being asked to project & provide warmth, color & interest all by his little self. He couldn't do it, so he blamed it on the lack of ear monitors. Crap! People have been singing on stages for millennia without ear monitors.

I get Z's appeal - I don't like it, but I get it. BUT, whatever the appeal, chick can't sing.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-10-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
*plops down with Geg and Tam*

Agree with everything you both just said. Charisma on stage will never negate bad singing in my book. I can't watch and enjoy if the sound makes me cringe.

A Tribe Original!

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-09-06, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
I agree with everything posted. I voted for Zayra last night just because I too want her to stay around.

I did notice some pitch problem in Zayra's performance last night but I really enjoyed the way she sang that song and there are times when her voice can be incredible. She carries a note very well. Her showmanship is incredible.

britishkid 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-19-06, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail britishkid Click to send private message to britishkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
I don't know whether to like Zayra or not...she certainly was very unique...she wasn't the best singer there, but she could carry a tune well enough

08-25-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"
Zayra's rock and roll geek interview.

I her more than ever.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-25-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Zayra's pithc problems"

Thanks Glow that was awesome!

Someone should have Dilana listen to this interview as to how to be true to yourself and not throw people under the bus. I must say, I really like the music of hers that they played during this interview too.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •