The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dave Navaro"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-13-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dave Navaro"
I grew up with Eric Clapton, Dylan, Emerson lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull....Doors....etc...

So I'm not real familiar with Dave Navaro. He's great to look at...but I don't know much about him talent wise...I do notice that he's mighty quick to compliment Brooke Burke on anything he can think of......I imagine Carmen's secure enough with that....

What's he like professionally?? Was he any good??

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Thx1

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dave Navaro Glow 07-13-06 1
   RE: Dave Navaro Savahnna 07-13-06 3
 RE: Dave Navaro cheesybread 07-13-06 2
   RE: Dave Navaro Savahnna 07-13-06 4
       RE: Dave Navaro nailbone 07-13-06 5
           RE: Dave Navaro Nonexistance 07-13-06 7
               RE: Dave Navaro slickeronstate 07-18-06 13
 RE: Dave Navaro geg6 07-13-06 6
 RE: Dave Navaro rockdog 07-17-06 8
 RE: Dave Navaro geg6 07-18-06 9
   RE: Dave Navaro weltek 07-18-06 10
       RE: Dave Navaro geg6 07-18-06 11
           RE: Dave Navaro weltek 07-18-06 12
 Such an awesome moderater... Cathy the Canadian 07-26-06 14
   RE: Such an awesome moderater... Savahnna 07-27-06 15
       RE: Such an awesome moderater... Wacko Jacko 07-28-06 16
           RE: Such an awesome moderater... ginger 07-28-06 17
               RE: Such an awesome moderater... Glow 07-28-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dave Navaro"
His wikipedia page is here.

I like him very much and I think he is very talented. I saw him live once or twice with Jane's Addiction. I'm not sure I ever saw RHCP in concert. hmmm.

As far as the Dave/Brooke lovefest goes, I think they're friends (I'm sure somebody else can give that more substance) but mostly I think that's just so we all remember how hot she is and to make us think she is useful.

an arkie work of art

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-13-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dave Navaro"
>so we all remember how
>hot she is and to
>make us think she is
>useful.

hahahaha..... Touche......Yep

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-13-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dave Navaro"

I'm not a great judge of guitar talent, given that I have never played a guitar. But Dave has played with some pretty good bands; most notably Janes Addiction and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Some songs you might have heard are:
Jane Says, Mountain Song, Been Caught Stealing - Janes Addiction
Roller coaster of Love , Airplane - The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

As for the compliments for Brooke, supposedly they are very close friends. But I know little other then that.

07-13-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Thx Glow and Cheesybread.

I'm happy to know that at least there is a qualified objective resource up there......While it's not an instrument based competition......he sounds definately qualified to critique potential lead singers.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Well, as far as it goes, they've all (maybe not Gilby) got the resume' to be able to do that.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Nonexistance 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-13-06, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nonexistance Click to send private message to Nonexistance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Yeah, Gilby's certainly the most questionable of the three, but I'm sure Tommy had a rather short amount of time to pull it together. It's not like he could launch a reality show to look for a guitarist for his band, too.

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-18-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Does Gilby wear a wig?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Yummy, yummy, yummy Dave Navarro. I just want to eat him up.

He was pretty good with the Chili Peppers when their regular guitarist John Frescante (sp?) was in major drug addiction mode. But if you really want to know how good he is, get yourself some Jane's Addiction. Awesome.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-17-06, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dave Navaro"
If he has Adam Ant in his play list he is cool with me

07-18-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Well now. Seems Dave and Carmen are separating. And as all Hollywood marriages do, they are saying it is "amicable."

When will these people get that having a reality show about your happy, happy marriage is the seal of doom to the relationship?

I hear Dave already is living with someone else, but no idea who.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dave Navaro"
I heard that this morning, also. Kind of sad. I liked them together.

Heeeeeeeey...is Dave your new, younger boyfriend, geg?

07-18-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Oooooo, I wish. I'd take him in a minute.

My new young honey kinda looks like the drummer for the Foo Fighters, Taylor Hawkins. He's yummy, too.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dave Navaro"
Atta girl!

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-26-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Such an awesome moderater..."
or judge, or commentator, or whatever you want to call what he does on the show.

I just have to give a shout out to Dave Navaro again this season for giving such insightful, spot on comments to the rawkers each week.

Some that stick out for me?...

To Storm: "I want you to have character, I don't want you to be a character" Exactly!

To Chris: "I question your authenticity" So did I.

To Patrice: "Frankly, I'm getting a little bored" So was everyone else.

To Jenny: "Your song choices are getting safer and safer" No doubt.

To Lukas: "You come off a little arrogant...and that's awesome!" Right on.

And I noticed in the credits tonight that Dave is an executive producer. I don't know if he was last year or not, but I say, rock on Dave!

07-27-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Such an awesome moderater..."
>or judge, or commentator, or whatever
>you want to call what
>he does on the show.
>
>
>I just have to give a
>shout out to Dave Navaro
>again this season for giving
>such insightful, spot on comments
>to the rawkers each week.
>
>
>Some that stick out for me?...
>
>
>To Storm: "I want you
>to have character, I don't
>want you to be a
>character" Exactly!
>
>To Chris: "I question your
>authenticity" So did I.
>
>
>To Patrice: "Frankly, I'm
>getting a little bored"
>So was everyone else.
>
>To Jenny: "Your song choices
>are getting safer and safer"
> No doubt.
>
>To Lukas: "You come off
>a little arrogant...and that's awesome!"
> Right on.
>
>And I noticed in the credits
>tonight that Dave is an
>executive producer. I don't
>know if he was last
>year or not, but I
>say, rock on Dave!

How 'bout to to Patrice ....when asked if he changes things in his gigs "YEs.....but I have a job...I'm not applying for one"

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-28-06, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Such an awesome moderater..."
Dave does seem much more edgy this season than last. last year Dave pretty much was the nice guy....all his comments were positive this season his comments might even be the most harsh. I wonder if it has to do with how he is in life. Maybe he was much happier last season. THis season he is going thru a divorce and might make him edgier.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Such an awesome moderater..."
Or the producers correctly pinpointed Simon Cowell as the main reason behind AI's success, from the judges' comments standpoint.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Such an awesome moderater..."
Dave has said that he is purposely keeping a distance from the rawkers on a personal level because he wants to be able to be more constructive and honest. I like that. It has been working out very well. I don't think it has anything to do with Simon Cowell or American Idol.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •