URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 309
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dave Navaro"

Posted by Savahnna on 07-13-06 at 02:43 PM
I grew up with Eric Clapton, Dylan, Emerson lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull....Doors....etc...

So I'm not real familiar with Dave Navaro. He's great to look at...but I don't know much about him talent wise...I do notice that he's mighty quick to compliment Brooke Burke on anything he can think of......I imagine Carmen's secure enough with that....

What's he like professionally?? Was he any good??

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Thx1

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dave Navaro"
Posted by Glow on 07-13-06 at 03:00 PM
His wikipedia page is here.

I like him very much and I think he is very talented. I saw him live once or twice with Jane's Addiction. I'm not sure I ever saw RHCP in concert. hmmm.

As far as the Dave/Brooke lovefest goes, I think they're friends (I'm sure somebody else can give that more substance) but mostly I think that's just so we all remember how hot she is and to make us think she is useful.

an arkie work of art

Posted by Savahnna on 07-13-06 at 03:09 PM
>so we all remember how
>hot she is and to
>make us think she is
>useful.

hahahaha..... Touche......Yep

Posted by cheesybread on 07-13-06 at 03:00 PM

I'm not a great judge of guitar talent, given that I have never played a guitar. But Dave has played with some pretty good bands; most notably Janes Addiction and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Some songs you might have heard are:
Jane Says, Mountain Song, Been Caught Stealing - Janes Addiction
Roller coaster of Love , Airplane - The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

As for the compliments for Brooke, supposedly they are very close friends. But I know little other then that.

Posted by Savahnna on 07-13-06 at 03:14 PM
Thx Glow and Cheesybread.

I'm happy to know that at least there is a qualified objective resource up there......While it's not an instrument based competition......he sounds definately qualified to critique potential lead singers.

Posted by nailbone on 07-13-06 at 04:04 PM
Well, as far as it goes, they've all (maybe not Gilby) got the resume' to be able to do that.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Nonexistance on 07-13-06 at 10:10 PM
Yeah, Gilby's certainly the most questionable of the three, but I'm sure Tommy had a rather short amount of time to pull it together. It's not like he could launch a reality show to look for a guitarist for his band, too.

Posted by slickeronstate on 07-18-06 at 10:20 AM
Does Gilby wear a wig?

Posted by geg6 on 07-13-06 at 04:32 PM
Yummy, yummy, yummy Dave Navarro. I just want to eat him up.

He was pretty good with the Chili Peppers when their regular guitarist John Frescante (sp?) was in major drug addiction mode. But if you really want to know how good he is, get yourself some Jane's Addiction. Awesome.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by rockdog on 07-17-06 at 11:18 PM
If he has Adam Ant in his play list he is cool with me

Posted by geg6 on 07-18-06 at 08:17 AM
Well now. Seems Dave and Carmen are separating. And as all Hollywood marriages do, they are saying it is "amicable."

When will these people get that having a reality show about your happy, happy marriage is the seal of doom to the relationship?

I hear Dave already is living with someone else, but no idea who.

Posted by weltek on 07-18-06 at 09:55 AM
I heard that this morning, also. Kind of sad. I liked them together.

Heeeeeeeey...is Dave your new, younger boyfriend, geg?

Posted by geg6 on 07-18-06 at 10:02 AM
Oooooo, I wish. I'd take him in a minute.

My new young honey kinda looks like the drummer for the Foo Fighters, Taylor Hawkins. He's yummy, too.

Posted by weltek on 07-18-06 at 10:03 AM
Atta girl!

"Such an awesome moderater..."
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 07-26-06 at 08:53 PM
or judge, or commentator, or whatever you want to call what he does on the show.

I just have to give a shout out to Dave Navaro again this season for giving such insightful, spot on comments to the rawkers each week.

Some that stick out for me?...

To Storm: "I want you to have character, I don't want you to be a character" Exactly!

To Chris: "I question your authenticity" So did I.

To Patrice: "Frankly, I'm getting a little bored" So was everyone else.

To Jenny: "Your song choices are getting safer and safer" No doubt.

To Lukas: "You come off a little arrogant...and that's awesome!" Right on.

And I noticed in the credits tonight that Dave is an executive producer. I don't know if he was last year or not, but I say, rock on Dave!

"RE: Such an awesome moderater..."
Posted by Savahnna on 07-27-06 at 09:55 AM
>or judge, or commentator, or whatever
>you want to call what
>he does on the show.
>
>
>I just have to give a
>shout out to Dave Navaro
>again this season for giving
>such insightful, spot on comments
>to the rawkers each week.
>
>
>Some that stick out for me?...
>
>
>To Storm: "I want you
>to have character, I don't
>want you to be a
>character" Exactly!
>
>To Chris: "I question your
>authenticity" So did I.
>
>
>To Patrice: "Frankly, I'm
>getting a little bored"
>So was everyone else.
>
>To Jenny: "Your song choices
>are getting safer and safer"
> No doubt.
>
>To Lukas: "You come off
>a little arrogant...and that's awesome!"
> Right on.
>
>And I noticed in the credits
>tonight that Dave is an
>executive producer. I don't
>know if he was last
>year or not, but I
>say, rock on Dave!

How 'bout to to Patrice ....when asked if he changes things in his gigs "YEs.....but I have a job...I'm not applying for one"

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-28-06 at 03:28 PM
Dave does seem much more edgy this season than last. last year Dave pretty much was the nice guy....all his comments were positive this season his comments might even be the most harsh. I wonder if it has to do with how he is in life. Maybe he was much happier last season. THis season he is going thru a divorce and might make him edgier.

Posted by ginger on 07-28-06 at 03:31 PM
Or the producers correctly pinpointed Simon Cowell as the main reason behind AI's success, from the judges' comments standpoint.

Posted by Glow on 07-28-06 at 04:08 PM
Dave has said that he is purposely keeping a distance from the rawkers on a personal level because he wants to be able to be more constructive and honest. I like that. It has been working out very well. I don't think it has anything to do with Simon Cowell or American Idol.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi