The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dial Idol predictions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-08, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dial Idol predictions"
Not sure how many voters really use this for DWTS so no idea how accurate these will end up being. Early in the season usually is much worse than later in the season. I'm also putting up the Judges scores as Dial Idol did them, then using the scores and the dial idol ranking I did a combination to see who might be most at risk

Judges Score

Brooke and Derek 23
Lance and Lacey 22
Toni and Alec 22
Misty and Maksim 21
Warren and Kym 21
Kim and Mark 19
Maurice and Cheryl 18
Cody and Julianne 18
Ted and Inna 18
Cloris and Corky 16
Susan and Tony 15
Rocco and Karina 14
Jeff and Edyta 12

Dial Idol Score (Percent busy)

Warren and Kym 28.52 (19.23)
Misty and Maksim 22.14 (23.53)
Susan and Tony 21.85 (21.88)
Cody and Julianne 21.14 (12.82)
Brooke and Derek 19.14 (15.62)
Lance and Lacey 16.47 (9.09)
Maurice and Cheyl 15.32 (5.26)
Ted and Inna 12.1 (6.06)
Cloris and Corky 11.93 (8.01)
Toni and Alec 9.21 (0)
Rocco and Karina 9.1 (8.57)
Kim and Mark 7.95 (0)
Jeff and Edyta 5.02 (0)

So from the combination calculation I did (I think the judges scores is % of the total scores given out) I did something similar to the dial idol so they are also percentages of the total to more mimic percentage of total vote, although I got the same cut offs with using it straight up.

So the combo score had an average of 7.06 and a standard deviation of 1.87 So I used those stats to divide into high medium and low risk.

Low risk
Warren and Kym
Misty and Maksim

Medium risk
Brooke and Derek (just barely below the cut off)
Cody and Julianne
Susan and Tony
Lance and Lacey
Maurice and Cheryl
Ted and Inna
Cloris and Corky
Toni and Alec
Kim and Mark

High Risk
Rocco and Karina
Jeff and Edyta (they are a lot lower than anyone so I'm predicting they go home)

Duckies by Smokey's Mom

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dial Idol predictions CTgirl 09-23-08 1
   RE: Dial Idol predictions byoffer 09-23-08 2
       RE: Dial Idol predictions qwertypie 09-23-08 3
 Second Night of Dance, Week One Snidget 09-24-08 4
   RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One observer 09-24-08 5
       RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One Snidget 09-24-08 6
           RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One observer 09-24-08 7
               RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One Snidget 09-24-08 8
 Week Two Snidget 09-30-08 9
 Week Four Snidget 10-14-08 10
 Week Five Snidget 10-21-08 11
   RE: Week Five qwertypie 10-21-08 12
       RE: Week Five Loree 10-21-08 13
   RE: Week Five vince3 10-21-08 14
       RE: Week Five Snidget 10-21-08 15
 Week Six Snidget 10-28-08 16
 RE: Dial Idol predictions Snidget 11-04-08 17
 Semi-Final Predictions Snidget 11-18-08 18
   RE: Semi-Final Predictions CTgirl 11-18-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-08, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dial Idol predictions"
I agree Jeff and Edyta will go home. Even Edyta's lack of a costume won't help them!

Cheers to Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-08, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dial Idol predictions"
What a sad commentary on just how bad his dancing was is that!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-08, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dial Idol predictions"
Mr. Qwerty is quite sad as well.

09-24-08, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Second Night of Dance, Week One"
I'm guessing there wasn't as many people voting this second night in a week, ending at 11 pm doesn't help much with that and I don't know if there is the excitement factor like you would have from the season premiere.

Dial Idol Scores (DWTS version, not the regular score)
Couple Score (Percent Busy)

Maurice and Cheryl 108.3 --very odd numbers this time-- (6.25)
Brooke and Derek 10.28 (2.88)
Toni and Alec 9.09 (2.17)
Cody and Julianne 9.09 (0)
Susan and Ton 8.7 (0)
Warren and Kym 8.7 (0)
Misty an Maksim 8.3 (0)
Lance and Lacey 8.3 (0)
Rocco and Karina 8.3 (0)
Ted and Inna 7.51 (0)
Kim and Mark 7.11 (0)
Cloris and Corky 6.32 (0)

Judges Score
Brooke and Derek 26
Toni and Alec 23
Cody and Julianne 23
Susan and Tony 22
Warren and Kym 22
Lance and Lacey 21
Rocco and Karina 21
Maurice and Cheryl 21
Misty and Maksim 21
Ted and Inna 19
Kim and Mark 18
Cloris and Corky 16

Since the one Dial Idol was weird I just doubled the highest other score to give them the "vote" side of the equation. Adding the percentages (so perecent of total score for DI (vote) and Judges) and taking the mean and this time standard error (16.7% +/- 1.1%)as that one wonky score really screws up the standard deviation I get the following prediction.

Low risk Above average + error
Maurice and Cheryl
Brooke and Derek

Medium risk
Cody and Julianne
Toni and Alec
Susan and Tony
Warren and Kym
Lance and Lacey
Misty and Maksim
Rocco and Karina

High risk of leaving average - error
Ted and Inna
Kim and Mark
Cloris and Corky

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-24-08, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One"
I don't know anything about the Diol predicter. I don't vote for contestants on any reality shows.

Based on the high scores that Derek and his partner got, I think the judges have already decided that Derek will win. I don't think the judges pay attention to the votes that contestants get.

Also, I think Mario Lopez got more votes than Emmett, since Mario is popular... but the judges gave first prize to the Emmett because Mario didn't strictly follow ballrrom dancing rules.

09-24-08, 01:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One"
I hope the judges don't score based only on what the votes from the week/night before were.

DWTS they do a combination of judges and popular vote, that is why I used both for the prediction. If the judges just scored based on what they thought people would vote for there wouldn't be much point.

It is obvious sometimes what the judges score well and what is popular with America are two very different things.

BTW. Dial Idol is a computer based dialing program. It is pretty much like hitting the redial button but letting the computer do it. It isn't a power dialer. They do collect the data from the computers voting using that system and use data like the % busy signals to guesstimate what the vote is. When it gets down to just a few people left and there is a lot of voting they can do pretty well at guessing who is likely to be going home/winning. For shows like American Idol where a lot of people use it the results are a lot better. Good old sampling theory. Sample a bigger part of the population you get closer to the reality of the whole group than if you only sample a few people. By looking at busy signals they get some idea of what people not using the system are voting for. They don't assume the people using the system are voting the way America does.

We never can know the real totals, since no one ever publishes them, but I assume they could be subject to audit so I think they really do count them. Some things like Dial Idol at least give us a bit of an insight into what might be happening. It isn't completely accurate, but it does seem to do a good job a fair amount of the time.

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-24-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One"
DWTS doesn't even award any prizes: it's just an entertaiment show... so the producers would have justification for ignoring the vote totals for the sake of the show and keeping sponsors happy. I don't think audits would be done on vote totals.

I read an article in the National Enquirer about DWTS being rigged. I know the Enquirer is just a tabloid, but the Enquirer makes sure that the facts in their articles are true: to help prevent lawsuits.

Even if they did take voting into consideration, and Derek got unusually high scores fron the judges and very few votes, would there be any chance that Derek would be voted off of the show?

09-24-08, 02:07 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Second Night of Dance, Week One"
*dons conspiracy theory hat*

There have been people that got good judges scores that have left unexpectedly.

Either they really had poor vote totals or it was "shocking elimination time" in the story arc. If they just eliminate people willy-nilly it would be a bit early for someone at or near the top of the leader board to get voted out. Especially when there are so many early boot targets.

Usually the "we thought they would win it all the first show" boot happens about mid season. Usually the ones with high scores are popular enough to keep around for a few weeks. After all the shocking elimination isn't that shocking if we aren't even attached to any of the stars, yet.

*/hat*

The % of the judges vote method used now I does thing helps to insulate those that may need a few weeks to build a fan base but dance very well. They used to do a rank based method which I think happened to keep a few really bad dancers around way longer than the producers wanted and exposed the better dancers they wanted to shield from elimination too much. If you rank order them the person that is last place is only one number away from the next to last person. When you use the % of the judge score totals giving someone a much lower total than everyone else makes it a lot harder for the votes to save them.

That being said people with pretty decent scores have gone home. It isn't always the one with the lowest judges score. I'm thinking of Sabrina *checks wiki* now her scores the week she left weren't as stellar as they were most weeks, but she was pretty much in the middle of the pack that week. Fan favorites often last several weeks of being at the bottom of the judges scores.

09-30-08, 09:27 AM (EST)
9. "Week Two"
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-08 AT 09:27 AM (EST)

Dial Idol (DWTS score)

Lance/Lacey 39.89
Cody/Julianne 39.83
Maurice/Cheryl 36.01
Toni/Alec 17.26
Warren/Kym 15.43
Brooke/Derek 10.86
Susan/Tony 9.5
Misty/Maksim 9.5
Kim/Mark 7.69
Rocco/Karina 7.24
Cloris/Corky 6.79

Judges Scores

Brooke/Derek 24
Warren/Kym 24
Toni/Alec 23
Cody/Julianne 21
Susan/Tony 21
Misty/Maksim 21
Lance/Lacey 20
Maurice/Cheryl 19
Kim/Mark 17
Rocco/Karina 16
Cloris/Corky 15

Combined % of total average 18.18% +/- The Standard Deviation of 7.15

Low Risk of Being Voted off.
Cody/Julianne
Lance/Lacey
Maurice/Cheryl

Medium Risk of Being Voted Off
Toni/Alec
Warren/Kym
Brooke/Derek
Susan/Tony
Misty/Maksim
Kim/Mark

High Risk of Being Voted Off

Rocco/Karina
Cloris/Corky

"Indecision 2008: The Long Flat Seemingly Endless Bataan Death March to The White House" (April 23, 2008) --Jon Stewart

10-14-08, 06:48 AM (EST)
10. "Week Four"
Looks like DialIdol may have combined their data as well.

Dial Idol DWTS score

DI DWTS
Brooke & Derek 34.99
Lance & Lacey 29.35
Warren & Kym 37.46
Susan & Tony 11.19
Toni & Alec 16.87
Maurice & Cheryl 14.72
Cody & Julianne 23.88
Rocco & Karina 12.6
Cloris & Corky 18.93

Judges Scores

Brooke & Derek 54
Lance & Lacey 48
Warren & Kym 47
Susan & Tony 45
Toni & Alec 44
Maurice & Cheryl 44
Cody & Julianne 44
Rocco & Karina 38
Cloris & Corky 38

Doing a percentage of each, adding them up then doing an Average and Standard Deviation we get. (In order of the added up percentage)

Low Risk of Leaving
Brooke & Derek
Warren & Kym

Medium Risk of Leaving
Lance & Lacey
Cody & Julianne
Toni & Alec
Cloris & Corky
Maurice & Cheryl
Susan & Tony

High Risk of Leaving
Rocco & Karina

Sigs by AgGhoul

10-21-08, 01:26 PM (EST)
11. "Week Five"
Dial Idol Score

Cody & Julianne 35.88
Brooke & Derek 28.75
Lance & Lacey 28.98
Warren & Kym 28.14
Maurice & Cheryl 27.98
Cloris & Corky 20.94
Susan & Tony 15.99
Toni & Alec 13.64

Judges Score

Brooke & Derek 29
Cody & Julianne 28
Maurice & Cheryl 27
Warren & Kym 25
Susan & Tony 22
Toni & Alec 22
Cloris & Corky 21
Lance & Lacey 21

Combined and found average and Standard Deviation for high, medium and low risk, in order of risk.

Low Risk of going home
Cody & Julianne

Medium Risk of going home
Brooke & Derek
Maurice & Cheryl
Warren & Kym
Lance & Lacey
Cloris & Corky

High Risk of going home
Susan & Tony
Toni & Alec

Sigs by AgGhoul

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week Five"
WOW! It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week Five"
It will probably be Toni leaving. But I would rather Susan go home.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week Five"
I find it interesting that both 21s are "safe", while both 22s are at the highest risk........

10-21-08, 07:44 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Week Five"
assuming the voting at dial idol is right.

When a relatively popular person gets tied for last I think they get a lot more support than the next to last people. Just like when Simon says "pack your bags" that gets the fans all riled up and they save them.

10-28-08, 08:11 AM (EST)
16. "Week Six"
Well the Judges this week decided to give Clorky a big hurdle to get over. We will see if the internet voting saves them or not because it doesn't look like the phone voting from dialidol will

DWTS Dial Idol Score

Brooke & Derek 35.33
Warren & Kym 33.34
Lance & Lacey 32.36
Maurice & Cheryl 29.78
Cody & Julianne 26.07
Susan & Tony 22.55
Cloris & Corky 20.88

Judges Score

Lance & Lacey 27
Brooke & Derek 26
Warren & Kym 25
Susan & Tony 23
Cody & Julianne 23
Maurice & Cheryl 21
Cloris & Corky 15

Took the % of the vote from DI and % of the judges scores, added them together. Ranks based on average and standard deviation. They are in order of total

Low Risk of Going Home
Brooke & Derek

Medium Risk of Going home
Warren & Kym
Lance & Lacey
Maurice & Cheryl
Cody & Julianne
Susan & Tony

High Risk of Going Home
Cloris & Corky

11-04-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Dial Idol predictions"
Dial Idol Score
41 Warren and Kym
34.53 Cody and Edyta
33.72 Lance and Lacey
33.52 Maurice and Cheryl
33.27 Brooke and Derek
23.96 Susan and Tony

Judges Score
59 Brooke and Derek
54 Maurice and Cheryl
50 Warren and Kym
45 Lance and Lacey
44 Susan and Tony
42 Cody and Edyta

%of Vote + % of Judges Score Combination
(Average +/- Standard Deviation for the groupings
in order from high to low)

Low Risk of Going Home
Warren and Kym

Medium Risk for Going Home
Brooke and Derek
Maurice and Cheryl
Lance and Lacey
Cody and Edyta

High Risk of Going Home
Susan and Tony

Anonymous OT Presidential Survey

11-18-08, 05:57 AM (EST)
18. "Semi-Final Predictions"
Dial Idol Scores

79.47 Lance and Lacey
48.34 Warren and Kym
38.97 Brooke and Derek
36.21 Cody and Julianne

Judges Scores

57 Lance and Lacey
49 Warren and Kym
49 Brooke and Derek
46 Cody and Julianne

Combined Percentage Predictions (average +/- standard deviation of the combined score)

Low Risk of Going Home
0.68 Lance and Lacey

Medium/High Risk of Going Home
0.48 Warren and Kym
0.44 Brooke and Derek
0.41 Cody and Julianne

Lance and Lacey really peaked at the right time. They got high scores when no one else did, and the underdogs finally make it story line seems to have really driven the Dial Idol Prediction and given them a really wide margin over all. They pulled the average up so high they are the only ones above that line.

If the Dial Idol Busy signal is right I think the question is going to be how much Lance/Lacey pulled from Brooke/Derek or Cody/Julianne's fan bases.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Semi-Final Predictions"
Lance and Lacey definately peaked at the right time, and Brooke definately stumbled at the worst possible time. If the voting is close, I wonder who has the biggest fan base? Warren and Cody probably have bigger fan bases than Brooke. She's stayed in it because she was the best, but last night she was really flat. I think the judges think Cody should go home, but what do the fans think? Will we have a shocker tonight?

surfkitty sig shop 2007

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •