The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A woman will win"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A woman will win"
Is anyone with me on this one? I in general don't believe that shows are "rigged" for the winner (except for AI, but don't get me started.) However, two males have won the past two times, and someone might try to call The Donald sexist or something if another one wins. No matter what happens in the tasks, The Donald makes the final decision who will go home. So it would eventually look bad on him if another man won this season. It's not like the team is voting them out, per Survivor. Just as some are saying the deck is stacked for the high school grads, I believe the deck will be stacked for the women also. Read the bios for the women and you will see what I mean.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this, and forgive me if someone has already made this prediction.

P.S. I have no problem with a woman winning just because two males have won in the past. All of the women seem qualified enough, except for maybe Tana, but that's just because she gets on my nerves.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A woman will win smokedog 01-22-05 1
   RE: A woman will win ARnutz 01-22-05 2
       RE: A woman will win seahorse 01-23-05 7
 RE: A woman will win munson 01-22-05 3
   RE: A woman will win uberspoon 01-23-05 4
       RE: A woman will win beaker 01-24-05 10
       RE: A woman will win amea_gari 01-27-05 12
           Post removed Bebo 01-27-05 14
 RE: A woman will win jae 01-23-05 5
   RE: A woman will win seahorse 01-23-05 6
       RE: A woman will win ginger 01-24-05 8
           RE: A woman will win seahorse 01-24-05 9
 RE: A woman will win Jims02 01-26-05 11
 RE: A woman will win Fishercat 01-28-05 16
   RE: A woman will win Flairmarq 02-02-05 17
 RE: A woman will win seahorse 02-05-05 18
   RE: A woman will win bigtom91 02-05-05 19
       RE: A woman will win applejack93 02-09-05 20
 RE: A woman will win Ricky 02-09-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-22-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A woman will win"
Agree with most of your points, but just wanted to expand a bit by saying that more than agreeing that a woman will likely win, I would look for any non-male, non-white candidates to receive serious consideration to break the Bill-Kelly mold.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-22-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A woman will win"
I agree, any minority would do. Is the Trump Organization an equal opportunity employer? I would like to know.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A woman will win"
I am sure they are. I agree a female winner is likely this time around but it is far from a sure thing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-22-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A woman will win"
I made a similiar comment to a friend before Thursday's premiere. Something like, "Keep an eye on the women. A woman will win this time."

The woman my eye will be on this time? Kendra. I think she scored big points by not participating in the the Danny pile on during Boardroom. Carolyn was impressed and while The Donald does make the final call, Carolyn can exert enough influence during the Boardroom interrogations to provide some protective cover.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-23-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A woman will win"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-05 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

i said that a woman would win last time, so what do i know?

but regardless, i do agree that it's quite likely this season's winner will be female. it slid twice, but i'm pretty confident that if another cookie-cutter white boy wins this time around, it's going to start looking bad. however, in defense of the Don, African-Americans have fared much better on his show than on Survivor (Omarosa and Stacie J, notwithstanding). Only once in Survivor's history has an African-American made the final 4, and that was Vecepia.

anyway...i am 100% with you on Kendra. Her first episode face time was extremely low and the second she got was very positive (she took the side of Danny, who ultimately wasn't fired). it looks good for her, at least for now.

beaker 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-24-05, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beaker Click to send private message to beaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A woman will win"
I thought a woman would win last time, also.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-27-05, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A woman will win"
I personally like Tara. Haven't seen a single hint of nastiness from her, and what she has said has been sensible and calm. I think MOST of the women, and most of the men for that matter, come off as asshats.

A J Slice siggy

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-05, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Post removed"
Folks, even though this is Spoilers, don't talk about tonight's show outside of the East Coast Spoiler Thread until after it's aired on the West Coast.

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-23-05, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A woman will win"
Trump could've always hired Jenn M, but he didn't. I don't see why he would hire a woman this time, other than the fact that the men just plain suck this season.

01-23-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A woman will win"
How can you say that after one episode. John is clearly out front of any females so far. What females stood out?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A woman will win"
The only one that "stood out" to me was the fuzzy pink attorney bunny gal who cried a lot and wore Ugh Boots. But I agree that a woman is 90% likely to win this puppy.

01-24-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: A woman will win"
I think a woman will win but I don't think the probability is 90%.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-05, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A woman will win"
Right now, of the women, I think Tara and Kendra have a lot of potential. Both got a pretty good edit this week and were portrayed as team players.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-28-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A woman will win"
It's too early for me to formulate a real opinion, but I have only seen one male that has distinguished himself in a good way, and that is John. The rest of them either haven't been shown, or are distingiushed in a mediocre way IMO. Napoleon and Wes Deux are already gone and even last episode's team leader? I didn't see anything distinguishing.

I think that some of the women have stepped up to at least get themselves noticed. Kendra in not burying Danny in the board specifically stood out, but I did look at the bios, and it seems a fair amount of the women are loaded on credentials.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-02-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A woman will win"
I would have to agree--too early to tell. All I can say--if a woman is to win, she must:

a) Make sure she doesn't somehow use sex to sell. It's tempting, but I think Trump doesn't respect it.

b) Be upfront with opinions in the boardroom.

c) Don't be abrasive. The final gal in Season one was that way. Just like an egg--not too hard, not too soft.

d) Manage, manage, manage. As often as possible. Then win win win.

02-05-05, 03:15 AM (EST)
18. "RE: A woman will win"
Well so far the men are getting fired, but John is very impressive and could be a winner.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

bigtom91 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-05-05, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigtom91 Click to send private message to bigtom91 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A woman will win"
Personally I want Bren to win, but still I read in a magazine of like People or something like that about Alex. It was talking about Alex's sister and she said that Alex got far and they weren't surprised that he got that far, and then she immediately stopped the interview.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-09-05, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: A woman will win"
I usually post on the survivor boards, but thought I might just chime in. I live in Australia, so you guys are usually two episodes ahead of me. Seeing as though this is an MB show it makes sense that the editing would be very similar to survivor. The only people who look good to me at the moment are alex, kendra and Tara. John had a very positive edit in the first episode, but it was all a bit too much. Look for him to go once he loses his team. There will definately be a female winner this time. MB and Trump would never let themselves appear discriminatory.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: A woman will win"
I think Erin could win. It will be either Erin of John.

"Keep on keepin' on."
"Life is a garden...dig it"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •