URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 187
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A woman will win"

Posted by angelworth29 on 01-22-05 at 12:18 PM
Is anyone with me on this one? I in general don't believe that shows are "rigged" for the winner (except for AI, but don't get me started.) However, two males have won the past two times, and someone might try to call The Donald sexist or something if another one wins. No matter what happens in the tasks, The Donald makes the final decision who will go home. So it would eventually look bad on him if another man won this season. It's not like the team is voting them out, per Survivor. Just as some are saying the deck is stacked for the high school grads, I believe the deck will be stacked for the women also. Read the bios for the women and you will see what I mean.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this, and forgive me if someone has already made this prediction.

P.S. I have no problem with a woman winning just because two males have won in the past. All of the women seem qualified enough, except for maybe Tana, but that's just because she gets on my nerves.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A woman will win"
Posted by smokedog on 01-22-05 at 01:11 PM
Agree with most of your points, but just wanted to expand a bit by saying that more than agreeing that a woman will likely win, I would look for any non-male, non-white candidates to receive serious consideration to break the Bill-Kelly mold.

Posted by ARnutz on 01-22-05 at 01:34 PM
I agree, any minority would do. Is the Trump Organization an equal opportunity employer? I would like to know.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Posted by seahorse on 01-23-05 at 02:10 PM
I am sure they are. I agree a female winner is likely this time around but it is far from a sure thing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by munson on 01-22-05 at 11:15 PM
I made a similiar comment to a friend before Thursday's premiere. Something like, "Keep an eye on the women. A woman will win this time."

The woman my eye will be on this time? Kendra. I think she scored big points by not participating in the the Danny pile on during Boardroom. Carolyn was impressed and while The Donald does make the final call, Carolyn can exert enough influence during the Boardroom interrogations to provide some protective cover.

Posted by uberspoon on 01-23-05 at 00:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-05 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

i said that a woman would win last time, so what do i know?

but regardless, i do agree that it's quite likely this season's winner will be female. it slid twice, but i'm pretty confident that if another cookie-cutter white boy wins this time around, it's going to start looking bad. however, in defense of the Don, African-Americans have fared much better on his show than on Survivor (Omarosa and Stacie J, notwithstanding). Only once in Survivor's history has an African-American made the final 4, and that was Vecepia.

anyway...i am 100% with you on Kendra. Her first episode face time was extremely low and the second she got was very positive (she took the side of Danny, who ultimately wasn't fired). it looks good for her, at least for now.

Posted by beaker on 01-24-05 at 10:14 PM
I thought a woman would win last time, also.

Posted by amea_gari on 01-27-05 at 10:07 PM
I personally like Tara. Haven't seen a single hint of nastiness from her, and what she has said has been sensible and calm. I think MOST of the women, and most of the men for that matter, come off as asshats.

A J Slice siggy

"Post removed"
Posted by Bebo on 01-27-05 at 10:40 PM
Folks, even though this is Spoilers, don't talk about tonight's show outside of the East Coast Spoiler Thread until after it's aired on the West Coast.

Posted by jae on 01-23-05 at 02:19 AM
Trump could've always hired Jenn M, but he didn't. I don't see why he would hire a woman this time, other than the fact that the men just plain suck this season.

Posted by seahorse on 01-23-05 at 02:08 PM
How can you say that after one episode. John is clearly out front of any females so far. What females stood out?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by ginger on 01-24-05 at 01:42 PM
The only one that "stood out" to me was the fuzzy pink attorney bunny gal who cried a lot and wore Ugh Boots. But I agree that a woman is 90% likely to win this puppy.

Posted by seahorse on 01-24-05 at 02:13 PM
I think a woman will win but I don't think the probability is 90%.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Jims02 on 01-26-05 at 00:32 AM
Right now, of the women, I think Tara and Kendra have a lot of potential. Both got a pretty good edit this week and were portrayed as team players.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

Posted by Fishercat on 01-28-05 at 06:27 PM
It's too early for me to formulate a real opinion, but I have only seen one male that has distinguished himself in a good way, and that is John. The rest of them either haven't been shown, or are distingiushed in a mediocre way IMO. Napoleon and Wes Deux are already gone and even last episode's team leader? I didn't see anything distinguishing.

I think that some of the women have stepped up to at least get themselves noticed. Kendra in not burying Danny in the board specifically stood out, but I did look at the bios, and it seems a fair amount of the women are loaded on credentials.

Posted by Flairmarq on 02-02-05 at 12:33 PM
I would have to agree--too early to tell. All I can say--if a woman is to win, she must:

a) Make sure she doesn't somehow use sex to sell. It's tempting, but I think Trump doesn't respect it.

b) Be upfront with opinions in the boardroom.

c) Don't be abrasive. The final gal in Season one was that way. Just like an egg--not too hard, not too soft.

d) Manage, manage, manage. As often as possible. Then win win win.

Posted by seahorse on 02-05-05 at 03:15 AM
Well so far the men are getting fired, but John is very impressive and could be a winner.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by bigtom91 on 02-05-05 at 08:11 PM
Personally I want Bren to win, but still I read in a magazine of like People or something like that about Alex. It was talking about Alex's sister and she said that Alex got far and they weren't surprised that he got that far, and then she immediately stopped the interview.

Posted by applejack93 on 02-09-05 at 06:46 AM
I usually post on the survivor boards, but thought I might just chime in. I live in Australia, so you guys are usually two episodes ahead of me. Seeing as though this is an MB show it makes sense that the editing would be very similar to survivor. The only people who look good to me at the moment are alex, kendra and Tara. John had a very positive edit in the first episode, but it was all a bit too much. Look for him to go once he loses his team. There will definately be a female winner this time. MB and Trump would never let themselves appear discriminatory.

Posted by Ricky on 02-09-05 at 04:04 PM
I think Erin could win. It will be either Erin of John.

"Keep on keepin' on."
"Life is a garden...dig it"