The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

bettepage 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-03-08, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bettepage Click to send private message to bettepage Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist"
Interesting episode in that it was so one sided: the Sparkle people were clearly the craziest and most dysfunctional. Notice they were the ones who resorted to profanity on a regular basis. Dad IS a bully and so impotent that should there even be a hint that the new wife might have a point, he immediately reverts to hostile behavior - calling her a pig, throwing her out.

This man clearly has serious issues, if he doesn't even want his daughter to be educated and do her homework. He insulted the daughter's cooking when new mom was there and then complimented her when she did the same thing with old mom. I wondered if he didn't beat Sparkle mom when she displeased him? I would call CPS on this family since the girl is clearly not being educated and is raised in an abusive environment.

Sparkle mom WAS abusive by insulting and calling the girls names. How is someone supposed to sparkle when you tell them they are ugly? (duh)

At least feminist mom agreed that she would adapt her style to her younger daughter - Feminist Dad built even her a stage! And when he got mad at Sparkel mom, he left instead of rudely throwing her out like her husband did.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist BHoneycutt 01-03-08 1
   RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist mistyrose52 01-03-08 2
 RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist Colonel Zoidberg 01-03-08 3
   RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist maybelline 01-04-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BHoneycutt 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-03-08, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BHoneycutt Click to send private message to BHoneycutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist"
I agree! That Sparkle Family was NUTS! The girl didn't even know how to spell "America" correctly. I wonder if she showed stupidity at an early age and the parents thought it was necessary to thrust her into the Pageant/Beauty world because they knew she had no brains or if she has no brains because her parents thrust her into the Pageant world and have taught her that education isn't important. That Sparkle dad was one of the most ignorant buttholes I have ever seen! Calling that new mom "a feminist pig" was plain awful! He was a raging lunatic, a bully and quite an idiot! You could tell that the feminist mom had some good in her whereas I could not tell there was any good residing in any of the Sparkle family. I found the Sparkle dad to be a little creepy towards his teenage daughter. It seemed as if he wants to keep her as dumb as possible and un-empowered and helpless for a reason but I just don't know what that reason could be?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-03-08, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist"
I have to agree with both of you. This whole episode started out with me laughing hilariously at the whole 'step forward, turn, sparkle', junk! But as we got deeper into the Sparkle famiy's issues, you could clearly see, something was horribly OFF!! Who puts up a year-long tree and rewards a kid daily for being beautiful? That, in itself, is clearly a type of abuse.

Their daughter is not an equal human to them, she is an animal, much like a circus animal, who performs tricks and gets treated for that behavior! And who cares if she's ignorant, rude, or nasty on the outside? All that matters is that she is beautiful and will one day bring that family a million or more, aka Britney, Lindsey, or whoever else we can think of who is brainless and rich? (Don't forget Paris!).

I really think these parents are so dillusional that they truly believe their daughter WILL be a product for them to market, and they have gotten so drunk with that power, it's become the mother's goal in life to bring that gospel to the female population of the world! Speaking of which, that mom (Sparkle mom) could use a make-over herself!

As for the Quaker/feminist family-I believe they both showed great restraint under the circumstances. Even though there may have been a little much in the throwing your daughters into the world of practically hating men- hopefully, after this experience, they'll be a little more balaced. At least THEY were kinder, gentler, and more open to change!!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-03-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist"
I was so glad to see Wife Swap back. It gives me the opportunity to utter the phrase I haul out for every episode of the show. And that phrase is:

They're both idiots.

The "sparkle" family is absolutely insane. Who the hell has a Christmas tree up in their house year-round, let alone gives their daughter a present every blasted day? And spending $100,000 per year just to make your stupid kid happy? Unless you're spending it on a top-notch education or a Sherman tank or something, it's money wasted.

The dad was completely and utterly useless. What a pig-headed Archie Bunker wannabe. It's as if he hates his daughter. If the meal wasn't that great, and it's her first try, why not, say, offer a few suggestions on how to improve it -- oh, right, because he doesn't know how to cook, either. Sheesh, maybe the family should have been required to take a cooking class together.

The daughter learned a few things, though, like how to do her own homework (there's no shame in asking a parent for help, but having them do it for you is both wrong an insane.) Hopefully, she learned how to be nice to wait staff. I might be a grumpy, abrasive jerk, but even I'm nice to wait staff.

The other family was better, but "better" is a relative term. Eventually, it looks like they learned to be a different brand of "feminist" toward the end...as in, the kind that lets women make their own decisions (i.e. the 6-year-old who actually wanted to do girly stuff.) Sadly, I see a dark future for many of the rest of them - I'm guessing the dad lets his wife walk all over him, the oldest daughter will be the same way if she ever marries, and the youngest...well, she's too young to call.

The sparkle mom was right about one thing, though - the feminists were awfully drab. Apparently, they like it that way, though, especially the oldest daughter, and while it's her right to want to be out of the crowd and be different, she needs to accept that personal relationships do count for something in this world, and you can't get everywhere on book smarts alone. The sparkle mom could have done a much better job of communicating that, but I saw her point. Too bad she spewed it as propaganda the way the feminist mom spewed her propaganda at her own kids.

And, as expected, after the swap, both families were still dumb, but not quite "idiots."

maybelline 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-04-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maybelline Click to send private message to maybelline Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 1/2/08 sparkle vs. feminist"
I would take the feminist family any day. The sparkle family was raising the ultimate "dumb blonde". I am blonde, and I hate that expression, but it fits this girl, and her mom, even if they're really only bottle-blonde. She was not learning anything to prepare her to be a productive member of society. Her last comment about deserving props for being asked to the prom by a junior was sickening. That's what her life is all about??

As dull as the feminist dad was, at least he kept focused on his daughter's likes and wishes (after some cooling off). Even the older girl who liked pants instead of skirts and liked to read had a lot of self-confidence because she knows she's valued as a person and not for how she looks. I'd be thrilled if one of my sons fell for a girl like her.

I'd love to see what those girls are doing in 5 or 10 years. I'd bet the sparkle girl snags a husband who values her about as much as her father does.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •