The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CALL CPS ASAP"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

delideb64 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-14-08, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail delideb64 Click to send private message to delideb64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CALL CPS ASAP"
I cannot believe that I am the only viewer that watched last nights show and saw how that young lady got up form the sofa, clearly in pain from being hauled off the night before and more than likley beaten until she was brained washed like the rest of her sibliings not to mention her mother............. what a shame!!!!! Women have ever right to have a career and to raise a loving family not be treated like trash. Why didn't someone form the show step and help her???
Rewind your tapes, watch how she gets up off the sofa, holding her back in obvious pain. This man is not a man and is not following what the BIBLE teaches.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CALL CPS ASAP mindy23 02-14-08 1
   RE: CALL CPS ASAP Snidget 02-14-08 2
       RE: CALL CPS ASAP BackBlade 02-15-08 3
           RE: CALL CPS ASAP AshLanie 02-24-08 5
   RE: CALL CPS ASAP amanda11694 02-22-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-14-08, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CALL CPS ASAP"

Are you talking about the little girl they called 'Columbia'?? The one that everyone in the family penned as being 'rebellious' because she didn't want or care to be a stay at home mom, like her father had 'brainwashed' into believing was THE WAY to live a Christian and Holy life (in his own words, here)??

I'll have to go back and check. I thought you were talking about his wife, and as I watched it this morning, I just couldn't see anything or anyone that looked physically (emphasis on PHYSICAL) abused.

This is a sad example, as most of these Wife Swap/Trading Spouses episodes are, or the extreme of the extremes. Being a born again Christian myself, I have been exposed to the Rhode Island type, and have a tendency to be a little more like the Colorado family, though not as freaked out and irreverant as the father. And yes, my family has been wounded and harmed in many ways by the 'righteous right wing'. But when you follow God's word, and have HIM as your master, you learn to forgive, and realize that when people are led to their own devices, and interpretations, in the end, we are all human.

IF there is abuse in that family(and with the father admitting to brain washing, there will probably be more of his fellow believers keeping an eye on him than he thought!), hopefully, and prayerfully, it will come to light!

What I really don't get is WHY these people care to put themselves out there for the entire nation to see just how incredibly freaky they are-after all, THE LOVE OF MONEY, IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, and that is what it all comes down to, IMHO!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-08, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CALL CPS ASAP"
I think besides money some people put themselves out there for the fame. Some people really just need for someone, anyone, on the street to recognize them.

Additionally when people tend to self-segregate from he mainstream (as brainwashing comments would indicate, they don't sound like the types that run in a social circle made up of like minded individuals) it is fairly easy for them to convince themselves that they really are the mainstream, normal type of family and they may not realize how freakish they will appear to those who mix and mingle with a variety of folks.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there is some ego. Mostly along these lines. If I could just get my message out, then everyone would see the light and want to be just like me. They are just waiting for me to come along and enlighten them.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

BackBlade 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-08, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BackBlade Click to send private message to BackBlade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CALL CPS ASAP"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-08 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

Did no one else catch that he was being sarcastic in a sense. Y'all get hung up on the word "brainwashed," yet do any of you truly understand the concept. Government, media, school, college, and even work and everything you do in life has many forms of "brainwashing" mixed in. Is "brainwashing" (in the form of world view) "the love of God" really that bad? I mean, in comparison, that CO family was messed up. The kids were lazy and the blonde looked anorexic and malnourished... so I don't even want to hear about the healthy looking RI family appearing "abused," that is just biased bull and you know it. Also, with the "role switch," (which really wasn't, I never saw the girls doing the guys chores) you try working all day, then doing all the house work, and trying to function properly. I heard it said the RI husband lost 15 POUNDS!!! You try doing that in a week and a half. So, if he didn't act as gracious as you would have liked... that's your perception. Hey, random fun detail... look up dulous... the RI woman was right and that CO scholar looks even dumber now.
In response to the love of money comment...
BY THE WAY... some families are requested to do the shows, not all of them apply. Plus, claiming to be religious... who can say what is the wickedness of man's heart and what is God calling in one's life. So to say that they are all evil for doing the show is pretty ridiculous since God has always called people to the front lines. Who can judge a man's heart oh pias one.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-08, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CALL CPS ASAP"
>LAST EDITED ON 02-15-08
>AT 05:56 PM (EST)

>
>Did no one else catch that
>he was being sarcastic in
>a sense. Y'all get
>hung up on the word
>"brainwashed," yet do any of
>you truly understand the concept.
> Government, media, school, college,
>and even work and everything
>you do in life has
>many forms of "brainwashing" mixed
>in. Is "brainwashing" (in the
>form of world view) "the
>love of God" really that
>bad? I mean, in
>comparison, that CO family was
>messed up. The kids
>were lazy and the blonde
>looked anorexic and malnourished... so
>I don't even want to
>hear about the healthy looking
>RI family appearing "abused," that
>is just biased bull and
>you know it. Also,
>with the "role switch," (which
>really wasn't, I never saw
>the girls doing the guys
>chores) you try working all
>day, then doing all the
>house work, and trying to
>function properly. I heard
>it said the RI husband
>lost 15 POUNDS!!! You try
>doing that in a week
>and a half. So,
>if he didn't act as
>gracious as you would have
>liked... that's your perception.
>Hey, random fun detail... look
>up dulous... the RI woman
>was right and that CO
>scholar looks even dumber now.
>
>In response to the love of
>money comment...
>BY THE WAY... some families are
>requested to do the shows,
>not all of them apply.
> Plus, claiming to be
>religious... who can say what
>is the wickedness of man's
>heart and what is God
>calling in one's life.
>So to say that they
>are all evil for doing
>the show is pretty ridiculous
>since God has always called
>people to the front lines.
> Who can judge a
>man's heart oh pias one.
>

Agree except for the comment about someone being pious.

To all:

Going to add religion to your list: it is also a form of brainwashing. Each week at services they are told they will go to hell for this or that. That the bible (A book that was written centuries after the fact) is the book to follow (Now tell me, which version (Seems to be a different version for each religion) are we to follow?)

And before anyone judges me (Which is ejsy the bible it says not to) I know the bible, and it is a semi decent reference book for historical information (Course now they are finding that even some of that information is incorrect).

So, in conclusion, if you don't like what you see don't watch it..but please don't sit there and type about the bible then procede to judge others.

As for Wife Swap itself: Did you not know that some of it is scripted? Just like Big Brother, Survivor, etc are? Hence the reason why they have writers on the staff.

Reality shows are not bone fide reality....they are what the producers want to get the viewers drawn in to watch week after week. It is ENTERTAINMENT...nothing more, nothing less.

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-08, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CALL CPS ASAP"
I felt sorry for Colombia, I knew she really wanted to live a different lifestyle then how her family wanted her too.

At the end of the show when she said she didn't want to be a working mother, I felt that she had been brainwashed. Once again.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •