The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

Papillonkisses 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-07, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Papillonkisses Click to send private message to Papillonkisses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Am I the only appalled by this episode? Surely I am not. The raw diet and statement that "Water dehydrates you" (Don't make me give the break-down of the crenation and lysing processes, LOL) are shocking enough, but not sending your children to school, or even home-schooling them because "they will be learning information they will never use" is just... wow. I can't even think of a word to describe the shock to this woman's statements. Simply appalling!!! I sincerely hope someone in Iowa with the Dept. of Children and Families Services watched the episode and launches an effort to educate the family and get that house cleaned up. If you choose to live a certain way that's one thing, but to force your children to forego an education because you don't feel they'll "use the information being provided" is unbelievable.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode PattiC 02-19-07 1
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Papillonkisses 02-19-07 2
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode - s... sarita8 02-19-07 3
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode nan1970 02-19-07 4
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode pimmommyof4 02-19-07 5
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode nwadel 02-19-07 6
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode nwadel 02-19-07 7
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Goldlexus 02-20-07 9
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode sarita8 02-20-07 14
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode dae 02-20-07 8
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode wallyhoohoo 02-20-07 10
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Luciibell 02-20-07 11
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode AshLanie 02-20-07 12
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode nazpink 02-20-07 13
       RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode nazpink 02-20-07 15
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Snidget 02-20-07 16
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Jadens Mommy 02-20-07 17
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode skydiver6 02-20-07 18
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Johhny_1ce 02-20-07 19
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode magiemay 02-20-07 20
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Sammy2 02-20-07 21
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode sarita8 02-21-07 23
 RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode tobediscreet 02-21-07 22
   RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode sarita8 02-21-07 24
       RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode tobediscreet 02-21-07 25
           RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode sarita8 02-22-07 27
       RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode Sammy2 02-22-07 26
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode sonomajer 02-23-07 28
 RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Jpete 02-23-07 29
   RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Jadens Mommy 02-23-07 30
       RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Sammy2 02-23-07 31
           RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Snidget 02-24-07 33
               RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Jadens Mommy 02-24-07 34
                   RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Snidget 02-24-07 35
                       RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... sarita8 02-26-07 37
               RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... sarita8 02-26-07 36
                   RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Snidget 02-26-07 39
   RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... AshLanie 02-24-07 32
       RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Jpete 02-26-07 38
           RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... sarita8 02-26-07 40
               RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Snidget 02-26-07 41
                   RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Johhny_1ce 02-26-07 42
                       RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Sw... Snidget 02-27-07 43
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode punished_princess 03-02-07 44
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Johhny_1ce 03-03-07 45
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode sarita8 03-10-07 48
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode Colonel Zoidberg 10-01-07 50
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode celinedion1 03-04-07 46
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode sarita8 03-10-07 47
 RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode kriscarter1972 09-28-07 49
   RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode amanda11694 10-13-07 51
       RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode jessicah1975 10-29-07 52
       RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode goincrazy 11-05-07 53
           RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode amanda11694 11-17-07 54
               RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode goincrazy 11-19-07 55

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PattiC 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-19-07, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PattiC Click to send private message to PattiC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I agree! I was shocked to say the least. They felt the kids learned enough by counting a few eggs. The conditions in the home made me sick enough but eating that old rotten meat and sour milk! I made a call and did discover that they are breaking the law if they don't let the kids attend school IF they don't home school. The only way I can think they have gotten away with this is they live so secluded and nobody really knows.
I feel certain the cramps they had after eating cooked food was because their bodies are not used to it. LOL...I assume it was gas! At the Dr's office they were told it (raw diet) was not a healty diet. No water! LOL I think these people are sick. I have no idea who filled their heads with all this crap but I do hope if nothing else comes from this...that someone saw the show who reports them!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Papillonkisses 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Papillonkisses Click to send private message to Papillonkisses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I agree with you completely. I believe they got sick after eating cooked food for two reasons: Their bodies aren't used to it and the stomach was totally shocked to receive cooked foot, and that some psychology played a role, as well. I think they definitely became ill, but who wouldn't after consuming something breaded or fried after eating raw chicker for who knows how long? Eh, the thought of it... yikes! It makes me wonder how they haven't all died from salmonella or something. I just hope those kids turn out safe and sound!

sarita8 12 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sarita8 Click to send private message to sarita8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode - shocking"
There's no excuse for that family's lifestyle. I'm into health food and organic food, and I know people who live on farms, and neither I nor the folks I know who live on farms live like pigs or eat filthy, unwashed food. Raw meat is nothing to play with and to risk those kids' lives that way is shocking. The parents are pigs. There's no other word to describe them. Actually, pigs are cleaner. The kids are isolated from other kids, from media, from everything, and are brainwashed to the MAX. Those psychos have destroyed their children.

nan1970 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nan1970 Click to send private message to nan1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I COMPLETELY agree with all of you. They're feeding their kids raw meat (some of it 4 months old), not educating them and keeping them virtually isolated from the rest of the world. Those poor children are completely brainwashed, especially the son. Isn't it illegal to not send your children to school or have them in an approved home-school program? If it isn't, it should be. I sincerely hope that someone from the Iowa State Department of Health and Human Services took notice of tonight's episode. I am really distressed about what I saw tongiht.

pimmommyof4 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pimmommyof4 Click to send private message to pimmommyof4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
OKAY.....This is rediculous. If this is real I better hear something on the news about this family being investigated by childrens social services. Where in the world do they find such crazy people? My husband thinks I'm stupid for wanting to watch this but I have to say it's hard for me to believe that this is real.

nwadel 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nwadel Click to send private message to nwadel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
What i can't believe is why would the other wife want to go thru with living in that house for 2 wks? I could not stay in that house for a minute let alone 2 WEEKS!! Is the pay that good?

nwadel 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nwadel Click to send private message to nwadel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
And did you see that womans gums when she smiled???? They were soooo disgusting!

Goldlexus 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goldlexus Click to send private message to Goldlexus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
>And did you see that womans
>gums when she smiled???? They
>were soooo disgusting!

I was really disturbed by this episode. You are right that womans gums were clearly infected. Her skin was very odd to. Very uneven and a bit yellow with red sploches. I was very frustrated that the Dr.'s didn't take more of a stand and used words like 'we think' rather than taking time to get the research to prove that a raw diet was not good. I am sure there is research on it. Also where did this women get her research regarding water? Good grief, I pray to God that someone calles the authorities in that state.

02-20-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sarita8 Click to send private message to sarita8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
That woman's gums were mere pockets of bacterial infection. Periodontal disease at its extreme. So much for the magic of their raw ("rotten") meat diet. Disgusting.
Further, I'd put good money on it these people have every form of parasite in their body from head to foot.
Lastly, the whacko emotions exhibited by the father and the son are proof positive that these people's rotted diet and living in filth have made them sick.
The Iowa Dept. of Children and Families had better step in ASAP.

dae 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dae Click to send private message to dae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
1. someone needs to throw those children in a legit school. do they even know what 1+1 equals?
2. slaving on a farm is something that was abolished hundreds of years ago.
3. germs are NOT our friends.
4. shaved legs and underarms is a good look for women.
5. raw meat has tape worms, hook worms, and other pesticides in it!
6. butter cannot possibly be good for brushing teeth.
7. water does not dehydrate people.
8. sanitary living conditions are ideal.
9. those farm children are clearly brain washed.
9. the boy is a fruit, because he cries over nothing. he is clearly never going to get laid.
10. the girl is ignorant, because raw meat isnt healty!
11. the whole family is close minded.
12. education is key for surving in the united states.
13. having a 6 and 3 year old witness the slaughter of a chicken is wrong.
14. "egg shots" are gross.
15. eating every 5 hours is horrible for your metabolism.
and a bounus!
16. THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!!

wallyhoohoo 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-20-07, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wallyhoohoo Click to send private message to wallyhoohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
i havent a clue as to how the wife who went to nut central, or should we call it raw footage? that house was actually disgusting. im surprised if the wife sent to nuclear worrying people ever too a shower..i wouldnt have. this is the grossest i have ever seen..and the kids seemed brainwashed. disgusting.

Luciibell 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Luciibell Click to send private message to Luciibell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I agree. This was just terrible. The family is off balance in many ways. I think the parents are nuts, and the kids have been brainwashed to be just as nuts. Those children should be removed from that environment, put in a clean home, and sent to school. Not one person in that family looked healthy. The way the house looked reminded me of some bad horror movie. I just can't believe people live this way.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-20-07, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Came here to type my disgust on this show and wow, see others beat me to it.

I wonder if the nutrisionist that told this family (per the Dads words to the visiting Mom) that a diet of raw meat etc is not part of yet another up and coming *cult*?

I was waiting for the City Dad to say something about the farm Mom's teeth. Using fat (butter) to brush one's teeth can not be all that good.

I was so happy that the city family stuck to their guns about certain things.....IF the farm Mom was so into raw foods etc she never ever would ahve eaten cooked food the first week.

And she never got sick like the others did when eating the cooked food....so goes to show it's all in the head....kids been told they would get sick so they did. As for the farm Dad getting sick, I feel he was lying big time to try and make a point with his kids.

I like the city family...like their philosophy about how to bring up the little ones etc. Nothing wrong in bringing them to museums etc. And they did learn that they do need to eat healthier etc.

I couldn't figure out where the farm Dad was coming from when he saw his wife all dressed up. Was he (in a round about way) saying he didn't like it?

I also was waiting for the city Dad to say (When the farm Mom said you are influencing the kids in how they eat) to throw that statement back in her face. I would have but then again he has more restraint than I do.

As for the farm kids and their lack of education....I wonder if we didn't see all cause if they only know what is on the farm then how did the boy know how to use a computer to search for the incense (forgot what it was called So it seems atleast one of them knows a tad more than just counting eggs. BUT I do feel both kids need some sort of a formal education whether it be in a classroom or someone tutoring them at home.

Well, atleast the city kids will grow up to be well rounded members of society.....sad that the farm parents don't wish the same for their kids.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-20-07, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Wow, I totally missed this episode....figured it wasn't going to be worth it...lol....guess not.

From what I am reading this family is seriously disturbed and if this family is for real there is no way that they won't lose their children....at least I hope they would!

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-20-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I did some googling and came across a website or more that encourages eating raw meat. Their argument is that it can reverse the affects of issues such as diabetes and that "man" used to eat raw meat with no problems....that our "plumbing" hasn't changed just our diet. Well, I guess this could be a fair argument if food also hadn't changed. With all the diseases and bactaria floating around in meat, I don't see why anyone would even want to test this theory. And let's face the fact that most of us don't raise our own animals for gaining their meat.....so going into a grocery store and consuming uncooked meat is not ideal.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
To play devil's advocate on the whole raw food thing.
(didn't see the show but I think raw food diets can be done safely)

Most of the raw food peeps I know are vegans so don't have the meat issue, but that movement does have some points. Some just have the veneer of science, but some of them have some level of truth to them. Taken together they can make a pretty convincing sounding arguement. Lord knows the over-processed modern diet has its drawbacks as well.

Depending on how you cook the meat you can add a hefty dose of carcinogens to the meat as well as other changes that may not be good for you. We needed to track mutagens in people once and about the only way you can get away with it is feeding cooked meat, since that is part of the normal diet. High temps and making a sauce of the pan drippings (mmmmm. that makes me hungry for a seared steak with a red wine deglazing of the pan poured over it) increases the load of bad stuff a whole lot. Marinating the meat before hand or microwaving it so it doesn't brown at all does reduce the risk of cooked meat.

Now eating meat produced by modern industrial containment farming and standard slaughterhouse proticols raw is playing with fire. Although I managed to survive childhood eating homemade beef jerky that while dried, is not cooked and the processing will not kill the bad bacteria. You can cook the meat (recommened) before drying it and I suspect most commercial jerky is cooked before drying, or in some way tested so they know it is OK. We won't even mention my sushi habit, or that some of that steak tartare I see on cooking shows looks really good.

Usually raw foodists allow dried things as you don't get to a high enough temperature to actually cause the changes in the food cooking does. Which also means it doesn't kill any of the pathogens either.

If they produce their own meat on the farm under the right conditions (and it sounds like they probably don't based on housekeeping comments) it may be OK, although there is always some risk. After all, most animals on the planet that eat meat eat it raw so it can't be an automatic death sentance for any who dare to do so. Humans have eaten raw meat through the ages as well and we didn't all die out, either.

I don't have any idea about the water thing, nor can I figure out where they get that. There are lots of websites on the whole raw meat in the diet and why to do it.

I also find not educating the children inexcusable.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-20-07, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I think this family takes the cake on the most outrageous family in the history of Wife Swap. If I were swapping lives with this family, I couldn't go thru with it. I would just tell the producers, "Forget about the money. I'm going home!"

skydiver6 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skydiver6 Click to send private message to skydiver6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I was totally appalled and very upset that the show allowed that mother to feed the other little boy raw chicken! My 4 year old daughter DIED from HUS which is caused by e coli 0157:H7 which is found in raw meat and is often transmitted in hamburger that is not cooked thoroughly. I belong to a group called STOP - Safe Tables Our Priority and these people desperately need to read some of their research. I could not believe the doctors didn't have any information for this family to prove how dangerous their practices can be. Any no water???? That is just too far fetched!! Those poor kids. They are so brainwashed. Charges should be brought against those parents. I'm just hoping everything was being exaggerated for the show.

Johhny_1ce 8 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Johhny_1ce Click to send private message to Johhny_1ce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I think both families were a bit nuts really. I think the urban family less so of course.

I think the majority of viewers have an urban bias and think that sustainability and rural living is for morons, which I don't believe is true. I think there is something to the farm life and making it off of your own sweat and labor. Her points about knowing where your food comes from is an important consideration when a lot of food that people consume is nutritionally bankrupt junk food. The raw food diet isn't an altogether unhealthy thing either. Here in Eugene Oregon, there is even a restaurant that serves raw food, though all the people I knew who ever did a raw food diet were vegan or vegetarian, avoiding the meat issue. Raw meat is consumed in a number of countries whether it be sushi or kitfo (Horn of Africa) or that icelandic thing that I can't remember the name of. With the exception of iceland, those foods are consumed fairly quickly after slaughter, slaughtered in hygenic conditions, and the meat used come from healthy animals. There is no guarantee of that in the case of the Iowan family. They live in squalor, and the countertops and unsanitized dishes probably harbor tons of germs. The icelandic thing I guess is healthy because they use ammonia with it, so it kills germs, although I wonder how healthy that could be. no idea.

Also the idea that bacteria can be beneficial is true. Probiotic foods are good for health. fermented foods are good. That doesn't mean that all bacteria are good and that one should lick kitchen floors and not ever clean to embrace bacteria. That lady is an overgeneralizing wacko. Certainly there are beneficial bacteria and harmful bacteria, and if that woman had more than a cereal box education, she'd know that.

The butter and clay toothpaste may actually not be that bad. Toothpaste essentially is a fat and clay. A lot of mainstream natural toothpastes are made with glycerin and calcium carbonate. Glycerin is a product derived from vegetable oils and calcium carbonate is chalk. The butter has impurities though in which bacteria can thrive which is why she said something like "the toothpaste is good when it turns to something like blue cheese" which frankly is just disgusting. Her gums did look a trifle unhealthy if you ask me.

The thing about the harmful cleansers is also true. Bleach and lysol do harm to human respiratory systems if used over time. Then again, there are plenty of natural cleansers that can be used. The fact that she encourages no cleaning at all as a way to solve the problem of harmful cleaning products is absurd. A little simple green (a brand of earth friendly cleanser) ought to do the trick and maintain a sanitary living environment.

The water thing is just plain idiotic. Sure, if you drink too much water, it can be harmful, but water is generally a good thing.

Food is important but this should be the overriding consideration in one's life. In fact, that was one of the weird things about the swap. The only real element of parenting was what food and water should one consume. It seems that the farm family seemed to focus on only this and had no perspective on anything else.

It seems that education is what that family lacks. Her disdain of education is probably what makes her and her family such morons. Granted, they do know how to survive self-sufficiently but otherwise they are closing themselves off to learning which seems unhealthy. The african american guy had it right when he said that one should continue learning. If she read a book every now and again, maybe she wouldn't believe all that crackpot nonsense she thought.

The african american family also had its issues. I mean, why did that lady think that the be all end all of culture were european. She listens to classical music and asks her kids only about famous european artists. It seems she should both culturally and otherwise allow her children a more diverse range of experiences otherwise they'll become elitist urban twits. They should learn the value of hard work and physical labor , which it seemed like the guy was at least into with the garden and all. They also seemed overly image concious and had an elitist attitude toward life. Perhaps they should not present knowledge to their children as merely being things that white people of means and education did, but rather give them a broader picture of the world. Maybe they should, within reason be a little more adventurous too.

My two cents on the issue.

magiemay 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magiemay Click to send private message to magiemay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
My husband made a valid point while we watched in horror last night. Animals are removed from owners who force them to live in such filthy conditions, so why isn't something being done about the children? Not to mention, they receive no education whatsoever. My only guess is that it has something to do with the rural area they live in. Let us all pray that with this public exposure, Iowa's DFACS will step in. The family reminded me of a cult.

Sammy2 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sammy2 Click to send private message to Sammy2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-07 AT 11:49 PM (EST)

Ok, I don't even know where to begin. How disgusting and disturbing that Iowa family is could be a good start. I can't even find the words to describe (but I'm sure I will) the idiocy surrounding the way they live.

How sad for those two kids.

Did the parents have any income? Other than welfare?

I couldn't believe that they would milk a cow and then not wash their hands before they eat. Cows tend to crap all over themselves all day long. When they lay down, what are they laying down in? Poop. The udder did look clean, but I wonder if "Bessie" had been hosed down for asthetics. Just gross.

I can't even imagine how bad that house smelled, let alone how bad they all smelled.

Yeah, gonna need some scissors for those armpits! I know certain "types" of women don't feel the need to shave, but usually there is some reason or ideal/rebellion behind it. Not that it harbors bacteria, therefore, I keep it.

I'm surprised the Hess-Webb mom was able to stick it out as long as she did. I would have demanded an RV be set up outside the house not only where I could shower but where I could sleep without bed-bugs crawling all over me on day ONE. And why were the daughter and the Dad both sleeping on couches? Who got kicked out of the bedroom and who usually sleeps on a couch?

The lack of education and social interaction was also pathetic. But they are smart, if they did socialize their kids they would have had CPS called on them long ago. I highly doubt the lack of cleanliness/child labor/lack of education coincided with them going on their "diet" a year ago.

When people get this nutso about certain "things" and isolate not only themselves but their children as well....it makes me wonder what else is going on within the family...what else Mom and Dad (and I use those terms lightly) think is also "good" learnin' for their kids and will keep them "close". And not in a good way, if you catch my drift.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that CPS should be called on this family. It's all I could think about while watching this episode. I hope someone does call the state on them. If not for anything but a wake up call.

02-21-07, 09:18 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
You're right that usually whackos like the Iowa family isolate themselves so as to continue doing harm to their kids without being criticized (or arrested). You know what I wonder? How did Wife Swap find these whackos. Or did the whackos find Wife Swap, and if so, how?

tobediscreet 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tobediscreet Click to send private message to tobediscreet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode"
Hello Everyone-

I must say it's been plenty entertaining reading all of your postings regarding Monday night's Wife Swap. I am a good friend of the Hess-Webb family and would like to offer a few a bits of information that might answer some of your statements/questions:

As you know, reality TV is not always as much of a "reality" as it may seem. Fortunately, in the case of Kim and Robert, they are not quite the pretentious and image-consumed couple they were portrayed to be. Many topics highlighted are important to them, but of course, there was some editing-induced exaggeration to get the ratings up. However,they considered the risks upon signing the contract, so they're okay with it.

UNFORTUNATELY, on the other hand, The Iowa family was portrayed pretty true to form. I was equally as horrified as all of you after hearing the details of the trip from Kim upon her return home. And as if those horrors weren't enough, there were other occurances on that farm which they probably intentionally omitted to keep the animal rights activists and every-other type-of-activist away from that family. In any case, I know that even before the show aired, an effort was begun to investigate the family regarding food and educational choices in the interest of the children.

By the way, I'm not sure about the Iowa family, but the Hess-Webb family has been reading the message boards. Who knows, you may be able to have some of your questions answered directly )

02-21-07, 09:25 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode"
I have a couple of questions for the Hess-Webb family. Have they been tested for parasites? After having contact with that Iowa family, I'd get myself to the doctor pronto and have everything tested! Also, how did the wife-mom of the Hess-Webb family manage to have the fortitude and steel stomach to remain at the Iowa nightmare as long as she did?

tobediscreet 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tobediscreet Click to send private message to tobediscreet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode"
No they have not been tested for parasites, I'll suggest it though. The home was really quite disgusting and she says the odor was UNBEARABLE(rotting meat and spoiling milk laying all around)! She actually slept in an RV most nights because the smell woke her on night #1. Once she vocalized that she felt her health to be in danger, the production team helped to accomodate her in a variety of ways.

02-22-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-07 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Wow! I figured they had to make some accommodations. I agree that anyone's health could be in danger in that place. And the smell of rotting meat and spoiled milk! GROSS!!! I don't know if I'd have made it even for 5 minutes. She's a trooper! I'll bet she's even more of a cleanliness freak since that disgusting experience!

Please tell them to have themselves checked for parasites, children included. I'd hate for such a lovely family to be walking around contaminated from that whacko family.

02-22-07, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sammy2 Click to send private message to Sammy2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Raw Meat-Wife Swap Episode"
That's a great question.

I thought the Hess-Webb family was great. The mom looked like she was freezing her rear-end off at the crazy Iowa survival camp.

I also thought the Dad (the normal Dad) made a great decision to NOT be a party to the demise of a live chicken. Was the number of chickens slaughtered in a day or week also a part of the crazy Iowa morons math lesson for their "out there" kids?

I still cannot get over this episode.

sonomajer 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sonomajer Click to send private message to sonomajer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Well, it's all been said in the previous posts. I just want to add my vote to having the Iowa family investigated by Child Protective Services as well as any Iowa agency that protects the interests of animals. Isn't it sad that you need a license to drive a car but anyone with less than half a brain can have children?

This is just one group of nuts, how many others are out there?

Jpete 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jpete Click to send private message to Jpete Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Please keep in mind that Wifeswap is a reality show and it was an overdramatization of reality at their home, to a certain extent. Although, I don't agree with their way of living, it is their lives, just as you live your lives the way you want to. Also, be aware that the Dept of Child Services was out there the day following the show being on TV and everything checked out ok, which goes to show how overdramatized the show is.

02-23-07, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Also,
>be aware that the Dept
>of Child Services was out
>there the day following the
>show being on TV and
>everything checked out ok...

Hey, where did you hear that?

02-23-07, 11:23 PM (EST)
31. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Good question...how do you know and who are you that you would know?

I'm just asking b/c a woman with a few kids in NY just had her kids taken away from her for having a REALLY messy/unsanitary house. Unless Iowa has lesser standards, I can't imagine how CPS would let 2 kids who are uneducated, are forced to eat raw meat and live not only in a messy house, but are child laborers and live in a bacteria/germ infested home?

02-24-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-07 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

This site does have some info posted with comments from the Iowa Children Services.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/wife-swap-appearance-sparks-child-abuse-calls-for-iowa-family-4747.php

Here is the Register article

02-24-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
34. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I read the articles and they stated that having an unorthodox diet and an untidy home does not constitute child abuse.

The problem was not an untidy house but an unsanitary house. Milk being stored in unwashed containers, no hand washing while before, during and after handling animals and meats that they're going to eat, etc. etc. etc.

02-24-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
35. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
We know what got edited and shown on TV, which may not be the full story. I can only take the Iowa Children Services at their word, and so far it sounds like nothing bad enough to be called abuse by their standards.

02-26-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
37. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
What was edited I don't know. What I saw is what I saw. These people are pigs.

02-26-07, 09:33 AM (EST)
36. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I'm glad people had the idea of calling the Iowa Department of Children and Families. However, I read the report the IDC put on their website and find it UNBELIEVABLE. They don't find the house being in that condition to be abuse? And the raw meat and rotting meat they're forced to eat, prepared with filthy hands? That's not abuse either? Sheesh. I cannot understand how unsanitary conditions like the sort they have at that Iowa crazy people's house can possibly not be abuse to those children. Of course it's abuse. These people are the biggest pigs I've ever seen. What a monstrous way to live.

02-26-07, 01:08 PM (EST)
39. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
At the risk of turning people into vegetarians...

You do know what "aged" means in terms of beef? It means they kept it around for awhile before serving it.

Most stuff these days isn't as aged as it could be as storing the beef for several weeks gets expensive, and dry aging which is usually considered the best causes the side of beef to lose water so you have less pounds of it to sell (and also why it is more expensive if you can find it, usually at really expensive steak places).

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mangusbeef.html

4 months is longer than most people age the beef but it doesn't mean it is rotted in a way that makes it unsafe to eat.

It's a tribe creation!

Imaginary friends by Bob!

A Syren Creation

bouncy

Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing. - Randy K. Milholland.

There is no nonsense so gross that society will not, at some time, make a doctrine of it and defend it with every weapon of communal stupidity.
- Robertson Davies

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-07, 05:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
>Please keep in mind that Wifeswap
>is a reality show and
>it was an overdramatization of
>reality at their home, to
>a certain extent. Although,
>I don't agree with their
>way of living, it is
>their lives, just as you
>live your lives the way
>you want to. Also,
>be aware that the Dept
>of Child Services was out
>there the day following the
>show being on TV and
>everything checked out ok, which
>goes to show how overdramatized
>the show is.

I understand that some editing goes on but do not believe that the show edited the farm folks living area etc to this extreme.

It is one thing to edit words from one scene and insert them into another (for drama) but to insinute that the show had a part in how filthy the house and farm area was, is ridiculous.

I don't believe for a minute that Child Cervices was out there the next day and declared all was fine.

Unless in the time between taping the show and it airing they cleaned up their act knowing full well they would be called on for explanations etc.

And yes, it is their life to live as they wish just as mine is BUT I didn't expose myself (for money) on national tv.....They knew the score.

Jpete 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jpete Click to send private message to Jpete Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I personally know this family so information I have is legit, believe me or not. Why would I even post if I would be providing false info.
Yes, Child Services was out the day after it aired. It was taped a couple of months prior to being aired. They took about 20 minutes of tape from a few days(hours of taping). A lot can be edited to overdramatize the life style of any situation, given this scenario. "Wifeswap" did what it wanted to do - generate a lot of talk about the episode, so to attract more viewers down the road. It is reality TV.

Here is a newspaper article with additional info about the family.

"It was a leap of faith being on the show because we live such a different lifestyle," said Barb. "I'm sorry that people didn't understand what we tried to portray."
Barb said their experience was a good one. She said both families learned a great deal.
"I'm glad that it is over, but we're better for the experience," she said. "It showed our strengths and weaknesses."
Barb said two main changes came from the swap.
"I shouldn't be frumpy all the time," she said. "I now make an effort to wear things that are more flattering. We also de-cluttered the house. More than anything, it was the clutter that made the house look dirty."
And speaking of the dirty house, Barb said the house is cleaned on a regular basis, but with natural products.
"We do clean, we just don't use chemicals," she said.
Barb said the family has received a lot of flack about their raw food diet and the 'unschooling' of their children.
"We follow the state guidelines with schooling and we have a supervising teacher," said Barb. "What I was trying to portray is that all teaching does not happen in a classroom."
As for the raw food diet, Barb said the family did extensive research on the diet.
"There are many cultures out there that follow a raw food diet. My family is more healthy from eating that way," said Barb. "We just wanted to expose people to raw food and hope they could see a bigger picture. If it were unhealthy, we wouldn't do it."
Barb said the reason for the diet is to prevent disease, not cure it after diagnosis.
Barb said no family member has ever gotten sick from eating raw meat.
"Bacteria is important in our bodies," said Barb. "None of us have gotten ill from eating raw food."
The Haigwoods received numerous phone calls after the airing of the show. The majority of comments were negative.
"They said we portrayed Iowa in a bad way, and that Health and Human Services (HHS) should look into our parenting," said Barb. "I'm surprised people are so closed minded."
Barb wanted to explain to viewers that hours upon hours of footage was taped at both homes. In the end, each family got about 20 minutes of air-time.
"I hope people won't judge us on 40 minutes," said Barb. "It is difficult to get everything portrayed in such a short time. We are a well-educated, happy, loving family, living on a farm."

02-26-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
40. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Oh please.

Actually, unless the house was a Hollywood set, and the dirty family were actors, I think they portrayed themselves exactly as they are. Seriously, the woman’s frumpiness is, the least of it, tho she keeps bringing it up to deflect from the really horrific things going on in that house. (I felt I was watching a horror movie!)

And it wasn’t the clutter per se that made the house looked like a pigsty. It was the filthiness of it. It was obvious the place was dirty, as in FILTHY, rotting milk, rotting meat, no washed hands, ever, “food” left out, dirty teeth with infected gums, a shower that was never used, no washing of hands ever.

These people are even ignorant of what a parasite infestation from eating raw meat is all about. Also, there’s clearly something wrong with that father. What the hell was that frikkin’ mental breakdown in front of the camera where he crumpled up into fetal position in the bathroom? He needs to see a therapist. As for the mother, to call her a nutjob would be to compliment her. They’re both absolutely mentally ill.

I don’t feel sorry for the adults in this at all. If they choose to live like pigs, good, but to brainwash kids from the time they’re little into believing that living in filth and growing up without an education is good? Those kids can't even get a full night of sleep ever. They're interrupted to drink dirty, rotting milk. Oh GOD.

These kids won’t be able to find anyone to marry because all they have been taught is how to live like pigs and stink, they have learned nothing from their parents they can talk about except how to be filthy, and nobody will want them as a mate unless they can change all that filth programming from their brains (and is that going to happen? NOT!!).

In the unlikely chance that one or both of these kids ever manage to run away from that rathole and those two whackos that raised them, those kids will hate their parents for making complete freaks out of them, and probably refuse to ever see their parents again. However, I doubt there’s a chance of that. They’ve got them completely brainwashed. All these kids know is the filthhouse they live in and the weirdos that methodically brainwashed them.

02-26-07, 09:23 PM (EST)
41. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Kefir isn't really dirty rotting milk in the way you are implicating it is.

It is fermented like yogurt with specific types bacteria. While you can pay money and buy it at the store, it is easy to make at home. There is some evidence that the kinds of bacteria used to make kefir or yogurt or other fermented foods are actually good for you.

There are ways to set up a shot to make a place look better or worse than it is. I can see where people look at the information that an over-hygienic life leads to any number of autoimmune diseases and asthma, etc. and decide that maybe getting rid of all bacteria in one's life is not really a worthy goal.

I get you strongly disagree with them, but aged meat and fermented milk are not unfit for human consumption.

I'd trust what the professionals in the state who deal with the education of these specific kids, etc. more than what would be edited down to be shown on a TV show, but that is me.

It's a tribe creation!

02-26-07, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Johhny_1ce Click to send private message to Johhny_1ce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Ditto on the meat and the milk, although care must be taken that aged meat comes from a healthy animal that is parasite and disease free, otherwise it could be contaminated. Kefir is actually delicious and keeps for some time at room temperature. Certainly nothing wrong with that.

Just because IA department of CPS doesn't do anything about it doesn't mean that this is a healthy house though. Their standards might be limited as freedom to raise one's children in the way they see fit is a fundamental right guaranteed by the constitution, so unless there is a serious matter at stake like abuse or neglect, CPS is powerless to do anything.

02-27-07, 08:05 AM (EST)
43. "RE: PLEASE READ - Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
From what they are saying the allegations are in the realm of "ways to parent your kids other people don't like" rather than "abuse they have to take action about".

People can think it is wrong to live that way, but wrong in someone's opinion doesn't automatically mean abusive.

People are free to believe all sorts of unusual things and bring the kids up in those beliefs. For it to legally be abuse there has to be certain things present.

I heard a radio show recently about "unschooling" which sounds like the variant of "home schooling" they are doing. It can work well for some children even though people looking in from the outside think that the kids can never amount to anything. The "unschooled" woman they were interviewing was getting her Ph.D. in Sociology so at least a few kids that way turn out capable of learning and doing well at high levels.

It's a tribe creation!

punished_princess 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail punished_princess Click to send private message to punished_princess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I admitedly may have missed something...but I thought she was saying BOTTLED water would dehydrate you. Which kinda makes sense to me if there are additives of some form.

Was I the only one who was disturbed by the grown man crying because the Iowa woman made him get rid of his designer clothes, and whining about how thats what made him? It reminded me of a child not wanting to wear the clothes picked out for him in the morning.

03-03-07, 05:16 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Oh come on ,

Those clothes are expensive. If she sent them to the thrift store, then the money ABC is paying him may not be enough to cover the loss. I mean, he didn't sign up to be scrutinized by the viewing public if he wasn't getting anything out of it.

His point about having to make a good first impression is important, especially for minorities who have to do all they can to combat the effect of prejudice that inheres in many workplaces.

Then again, he did seem a bit extreme about the whole thing. That family had its own issues being wrapped up in image, designer labels, and inculcating their kids with the culture of the elites.

03-10-07, 09:41 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I don't recall that, but I recall being repulsed when the dirty Iowa man had some kind of panic or other kind of attack, and crouched next to the toilet, weeping, like a mental institution patient.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-01-07, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
The direct quote about water from Mama Haigwood, when she read about how the Hess-Webb mom gave her kids a lot of water:

"It's a solvent; it actually dehydrates them."

I don't think we need to be taking dietary advice from someone who actually believes water dehydrates people...by definition, it hydrates.

I also did a small amount of research on the raw diet, and as far as the raw meat diet goes, most of the claims that are made by raw foodists seem not to be true (such as that it prevents arthritis, cancer, etc. in wild animals.)

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-04-07, 04:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celinedion1 Click to send private message to celinedion1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I missed this episode. Did the farm family explain why they ate raw meat and the reasons behind their way of thinking?

03-10-07, 09:38 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
They said it's healthier. In fact, the "mom" (if she can be called that) licked a kitchen floor to prove how "healthy" bacteria are. They must be filled with parasites from head to foot.

kriscarter1972 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kriscarter1972 Click to send private message to kriscarter1972 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I recently saw this episode when it was re-aired. This was an absolute outrage. What these people are doing cannot possibly be healthy! To subject themselves to this lifestyle is one thing but to brainwash their children into this type of isolated way of thinking is beyond me. The poor children will have no hope of being socially intune. GET THESE KIDS IN SCHOOL!

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-07, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
The Haigwood family was actually suspected of child abuse.

In my opinion, their living conditions are just wrong. How could Mrs. Hess-Webb stay there for two weeks? I'm surprised she didn't get sick and have to go to the hospital, and then get even more sick cause there's no hospital around!

How do these kids surive out there anyways? They live in the middle of nowhere and don't even go to school! There going to end up being unsuccessful adults who have no education or friends.

jessicah1975 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-07, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jessicah1975 Click to send private message to jessicah1975 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
I never saw this, but does anyone know what happened.

goincrazy 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goincrazy Click to send private message to goincrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Why would that family want to go on tv... now everybody know how badly they live...

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
Who knows? Not very many people know them, they live in the middle of nowhere and have no social life!

goincrazy 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goincrazy Click to send private message to goincrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Tonight's Wife Swap Episode"
You do have a point they probably have no friends anyway...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •