The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wife Swap 10/9/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

Padme 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-10-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Padme Click to send private message to Padme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wife Swap 10/9/06"
Am I the only one left watching this show?

I'm wondering why these families even agree to do the swap if they have no intention of following the new rules? Last night, the "Boxing" family not only didn't follow the rules but told her after she posted each rule they would not do it. Not that I'm saying the other family lives better lifestyles, but if you aren't willing to try something new, than why even be on this show?

I don't understand the kids and such always crying when the new rules are posted. It's ONE WEEK! It's not like this is a rule for the rest of their lives! I just really didn't like the "fit" family as they were not very accomidating to the new wife and disrespected her by not even trying her new rules.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 KScott 10-10-06 1
 RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 Cyndimaus 10-10-06 2
   RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 nazpink 10-11-06 3
       RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 mistyrose52 10-11-06 4
 RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 Sidecar 10-11-06 5
 RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 FOXmePUHLEEZ 10-12-06 6
   RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 sonomajer 10-12-06 7
       RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 Jenoc99 10-12-06 8
           RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 sonomajer 10-12-06 9
           RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 Eocene 10-21-06 11
               RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 Cyndimaus 10-22-06 12
 RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 PattiC 10-17-06 10
   RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06 celinedion1 10-24-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I watch, and I think if the family is not going to follow the new rules then they should not do the show. Although I do have exceptions, schooling, I do not think the parents should make the children change the way they are schooled. If a home schooled child is home schooled that is the way it should stay. I have seen the ones where they make them go to school, I don't think they should do that.

A PhoenixMons Masterpiece

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I'm watching.

And I was thinking the same thing about the rules. Were you forced at gunpoint to do the show? Come on! You signed up to do the show and you knew about the rule change. So follow the rules already! And the kids totally will go along with what the dad does and if he had embraced the rules they would have too. Oh my gosh! I get the feeling that the husband and wife just wanted to impact someone else but not be impacted themselves. Very sad because it seemed that they could have made some healthy changes for their family. (the son seemed to have a lot of fun making up the rap song once he got going on it)

I was glad to see the overweight hubby making some healthy changes and that it has affected his entire family. Good for them!

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-11-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I'm watching as well and I too find it rather irritating that people sign up for a show knowing full well that they will be given a new mom who's lifestyle is the complete opposite and yet fight having to live by different rules.

I'm also sick of the constant same thing just different family on this season. So far it's been the athletic family vs. lazy family. Isn't there something else out there?

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-11-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
Yes, it's all quickly losing its originality and entertainment value. Don't think either show will last a lot longer, IMHO.

I totally agree about the schooling. So much can be lost in ONE WEEK away from what you're normally doing in school-whether it be at home or in a traditional school. THAT is ridiculous! I also do not like that they take the kids out of sports when they have been working so hard, and could have a big game coming up that week. THAT is not fair to the kids, who had nothing to do with signing up.

On the other hand, on both shows, the contestants DO get paid for participating, so I don't get the big deal and the ranting and screaming about stupid things, like eating a whopper instead of a spinach quiche! But that's just me.......

At this point, I have yet to hear that anyone has died or even been hurt in any way (it's NOT Fear Factor, people!), so it just goes to show you how wimpy our society has become!

And another thing-some of these people just CANNOT be real-I mean WHO really dresses like a Pirate and lives like that?? Give me a break! And the coffin/Gothic people? Where did they find those people-as nice as they were-do they really do that 24/7?? Un-freaking believable!

Guess I live a way too sheltered life, but I have yet to see anyone walking around in Pirate garb or driving a hearse and decorating their home with coffins.......

Sidecar 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

10-11-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sidecar Click to send private message to Sidecar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
>if they have no intention
>of following the new rules?
> Last night, the "Boxing"
>family not only didn't follow
>the rules but told her
>after she posted each rule
>they would not do it.
> Not that I'm saying
>the other family lives better
>lifestyles, but if you aren't
>willing to try something new,
>than why even be on
>this show?
>
>I >Am I the only one left
>watching this show?
>
>I'm wondering why these families even
>agree to do the swap

I agree with you 110%! I was really bugged by that non-participating family. Their smug attitude that they are right and they just KNOW that they are living the perfect life with perfect kids and everything is going to turn out PERFECT Well you know, what happens if one of the kids is injured and can't be an athletic competitor? One day they will be knocked into reality, it is inevitable.

That family just left a bad taste in my mouth

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
What I liked about this show was when the skinny/trainer mom was gonna bring in help and when an NFL player (or something) came in the door, they sat there, mouths open, and said "DAYUM".

That was the moment! I'm glad it got them off the couch. They were a train wreck (sextuple bypass) waiting to happen.

sonomajer 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-12-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sonomajer Click to send private message to sonomajer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I'm watching but not much longer. It's really getting redundant. And the whining and not following rules for a week is pretty absurd. I liked Fox "Trading Spouses" better but only because the visiting mom got to spend the host family's $50K.
The whole concept is pretty abusive for the inevitable "inferior" family. Where DO they find these people?

Even with all the weirdness, it's gotten to be predictable.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-06, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I'm still watching- but getting a bit bored. You all have noticed the same thing I have noticed- there is always one inferior family, one superior family. One overweight mom, one skinny; one work-a-holic mother, one a stay at home mom, etc. In this episode, the boxing family was "perfect" and so superior that even though they voluntarily signed on for the show, they didn't have to follow the rule changes. Meanwhile, the other family, although reluctant at first- embraced the rule changes to help themselves live a better life. That is what its suppose to be about, right?
What we see are the 'superior' people admiting to being so very perfect that they have to change nothing; and the inferior people are portrayed as slobs who have been "saved" by them. Yuck! I want to gag!

sonomajer 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-06, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sonomajer Click to send private message to sonomajer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
AMEN!!!

Eocene 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-21-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Eocene Click to send private message to Eocene Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I totally agree with you, Jenoc. I am sick of the "perfect" people lording over the regular ones.

In this boxer lady vs. overweight man I was surprised how accommadating the foodie family was and how hardnosed the boxer family was.

Being overweight is not healthy as we all are aware. No arguing that. But I thought it was downright pathetic when Perfect Boxer Lady could not sit in an office for a day without doing exercises all over the chair, etc. What an obcessive freak.

I became furious when Boxer Husband announced they will refuse any change. I wanted to scream, then why in the hell are you on the show? Of course the answer is to spread their children of the corn life to others.

The boxer family was cold and sterile as their overly clean house. The foodies had their fitness problems but I'd MUCH rather be friends with them any old day.

This is my first post here. Thank you very much.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
Welcome! And a good first post. You made some excellent points. And I agree with you, I'd much rather be friends with the foodie family too.

I like when both families are open to learn something from their experience and it's sad when they aren't open. I also like when they start out stubborn but open themselves up as the show progresses. Shows them as real people who are willing to change if they need to. No one is perfect so they shouldn't be thinking of themselves as such.

I notice that most of the families, upon reuniting, chuck the "unreasonable" rules but keep some of the ones that improve their family. I like that.

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

PattiC 14 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PattiC Click to send private message to PattiC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I agree! They know what the show is before they agree to do it and sign that contract! Good grief they get paid so they need to deal with it.

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-06, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celinedion1 Click to send private message to celinedion1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wife Swap 10/9/06"
I agree with you 100%. the episode that I watched tonight had a family who was obsessed about baseball and a family who let their children run wild and have no manners. Both of the families had trouble with following the rules. It's only for one week, I would think that they could handle following the rules for just one week it's not like it's for the rest of their lives. If they don't want to follow the rules than they shouldn't be on the show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •