The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Whacker"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

jeannietx 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-13-04, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jeannietx Click to send private message to jeannietx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Whacker"
I am not sure what to make of "The Whacker". I know spanking is a very controversial subjuct, but I think there is a big difference between a spanking and a whipping with a strap. Although it is a leather strap, it appeared to me to be very, very small in size. Not sure that it would sting that much, however we never heard how it was applied (number of strokes, over all clothing, underpants or bare bottom) or how often it was applied. Spankings aside, I don't think the five kids are having much of a life living in such a sheltered and controlled environment.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Whacker HistoryDetective 11-13-04 1
   RE: The Whacker volsfan 11-13-04 2
 RE: The Whacker IJFL 09-19-06 3
   RE: The Whacker PattiC 10-18-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Whacker"
My problem with the whacker had less to do with the physical aspects and a lot more concern with the psychological baggage. I'm not about to tell a parent that he or she cannot spank their own child, but I objected to having a whacker hanging on the back of each child's bedroom door as a means of constantly "terrorizing" them. This was one of the most extreme ways that the parents tried to control every aspect of their children's lives. They need to find parenting techniques other than just fear.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Whacker"
I agree with you HD...man those kids are gonna be screwed up in the head! IMHO! The scariest part to me was the part of the parents controlling EVERY aspect of their children's lives. That can't be good for the kids.

IJFL 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IJFL Click to send private message to IJFL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Whacker"
The Whacker is child abuse pure and simple. There are ways of disciplining children without corporal punishment. The fact that each of these children had a Whacker in their room is a scare tactic. I would hate it if my children were afaid of me. That is no way to be a parent. It is much easier to discipline chilren with with love a respect then with fear and anger.

PattiC 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PattiC Click to send private message to PattiC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Whacker"
The worse kind of abuse to me is a parent who belittles a child.
I see nothing wrong with a spanking IF it's done the right way. I do NOT mean beating, big difference. In fact with so many kids being out of control these days and lack of respect, I think more need one.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •