The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trading Spouses 1/20"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-21-06, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trading Spouses 1/20"
An intersting switch. I wish we could have seen more of the interactions. Seemed like the show was too short this time around. Then again, the Dallas mom didn't seem to do much of anything so maybe there wasn't really enough to fill more than an hour-long show.

I felt bad for the son of the Dallas mom. He seemed to really enjoy more structure and family time and seemed genuinely sad to not have family dinner together.

The Dallas mom seemed rather selfish and clueless about what her family really needed. And she acted like she was on vacation the whole time.

Sigs by Cyg

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/20 nazpink 01-21-06 1
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/20 Mrs B 01-21-06 2
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/20 weyhing4 01-22-06 3
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/20 jeepers 01-23-06 4
 me too cqvenus 01-23-06 5
   RE: me too Phxazgirl30 01-26-06 6
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/20 atzd 01-30-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-21-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/20"
Yawn......I can see why the show was no more than an hour long, in fact I'm surprised it wasn't just a 30 minute episode.

My opinions on the Conn. family, well they seemed ok. Yes, the mom liked things to be "perfect", but her family didn't seem to have some deranged view on the world being all nicey nice and their chores seemed to be the norm. They seemed to want to do things with the Dallas mom and were nice to her, but clearly fed up with her lack of interaction, which I can't say I blame them. Even the mom asked the Dallas mom if there was anything she would like to say or maybe suggest about her family, it was clear that they were open-minded, otherwise I wouldn't see her caring to ask. I thought that the Conn. mom went into the Dallas family's house and said the things they needed to hear and got their butts in gear. She definately made a change, even if things don't stay that way at least the boys know that it's a good thing to keep their home clean and what it feels like to sit down at a table and eat with family.

As for the Dallas family, well the husband and boys didn't give the Conn. mom a hard time at all when she told them they would be cleaning, cooking and eating at the family table together they did exactly that and loved the results. As for the Dallas mom, well in the beginning she just seemed lazy but not really rude until she got home. I thought it was ridiculous how she stayed in another's family home, used their pool and ate their food and didn't have the decency to even get to know them. I think she didn't even give them a chance, all that talk about her getting judged alot by others and what does she do she judged this family because they had money. This was clear when she made the comment how she was glad to go because she was sick of dealing with people who had money coming out of their a$$es. I thought it was nice that the father wanted to do a dinner party with her and he was going to prepare it with her so they could maybe spend time and get to know each other and without even talking about it with him she ordered caterers!!!! The thing that really bothered me was the fact that she made the statement that there was no way she could make dinner every night!!! Well why not, she doesn't work, clearly doesn't clean so what the heck does she do with her day? Then when she got home and told her husband his decorating sucks and told her boys that the sign they made would be thrown away!!! What a heartless woman. I can honestly see why the kids weren't all that excited to have their mother back. It seems like the woman is not willing to change a few things for the benefit of her children, like she said she's here to stay so they can either like her or not. Ridiculous. All her kids want is a family dinner and she can't even give them that.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mrs B 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-21-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrs%20B Click to send private message to Mrs%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/20"
Dallas Mom needs to grow up! She is like an eternal 13 year old brat! I feel bad for her boys and husband

weyhing4 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-22-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weyhing4 Click to send private message to weyhing4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/20"
I thought the Dallas mom was utterly pathetic- lazy and stupid- and was totally outclassed by the Conneticut mother. This pig thinks that stapling a bunch of 45s to her wall, collecting doll parts and going to drag shows makes her eccentric? Skanky red hair and tattoos makes her an interesting person? She was a boring slug of a woman who used her 15 seconds of fame to sleep. She did nothing even vaguely interesting or creative with her opportunity with the WASP family at all.

She even had the gaul to criticize the Conneticut family for looking down on her and "having money coming out of their #####". I thought the WASPS treated her with too much respect.

Her sad jealousy was transparent. Depressing.

jeepers 23 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeepers Click to send private message to jeepers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/20"
Totally worth repeating!!

I thought the Dallas mom was utterly pathetic- lazy and stupid- and was totally outclassed by the Conneticut mother. This pig thinks that stapling a bunch of 45s to her wall, collecting doll parts and going to drag shows makes her eccentric? Skanky red hair and tattoos makes her an interesting person? She was a boring slug of a woman who used her 15 seconds of fame to sleep. She did nothing even vaguely interesting or creative with her opportunity with the WASP family at all.
She even had the gaul to criticize the Conneticut family for looking down on her and "having money coming out of their #####". I thought the WASPS treated her with too much respect.

Her sad jealousy was transparent. Depressing.

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "me too"

i just want to chime in, even though i'm late to the party, that the dallas mom was a big fat baby.

her plan was to make people more open-minded. because she has nothing going on in her life, that was all she felt she could give.

and when the CT family -wasn't- closed-minded, needing her opening, she pouted and moped around the whole rest of the week.

NOW who's closed-minded? she didn't even TRY cooking with the dad... didn't the producers tell her this isn't a vacation just b/c you see a pool!

the only thing the CT mom miscalculated was that $3,000 is ridiculous for cell phones. i whole-heartedly disagree. $50/month/phone x 5 kids = $250. that 3K is only going to pay the cell phone bills of the kids for one year. that isn't a waste of money at all. any time anyone wants to pay my cell phone or any other bill of mine for an entire year, please feel free to do so.

~ cq

Phxazgirl30 16 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 04:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Phxazgirl30 Click to send private message to Phxazgirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: me too"
I have to say, the whole time I watched this one the Dallas mom just made me SICK!! She was so damn lazy! I think she thought she was at a resort or something, like she had won a vacation! I didn't see her do ANYTHING! The second day she's out in the pool instead of taking care of the children or even socializing to get to know them! I noticed every time someone turned around they were asking one another if anyone had seen her for the day. She slept all the time. I don't know if she was up all night doing god knows what but every morning there was a drink on the night stand and the lamp had been left on. I'm sorry but I just couldn't do anything like that in someone else's home. You're a GUEST there! Like the dad had said, she thought it was a bed a breakfast or something. She was rude, lazy and she didn't care what anyone else thought. The whole idea of the show is to experience someone else's life, to try something new and see how other's live and maybe learn new things. She wasn't up for ANY of that!
The dinner party was a disgrace and I feel sorry for the family who had their guests over. They didn't treat her like she was different I didn't feel. They may have asked her some questions but I didn't feel they were "ganging" up on her or putting her down. I thought that was very selfish of her to call a catering service instead of using that opportunity to learn some things, mainly how to cook something besides NACHOS and learn more about the family and their needs and interests.
I thought the other mom did a great job with her family, they got that house looking great which I'm sure it didn't stay that way too long after the Dallas mom returned since I don't think she knows how to clean! I could see in those kids eyes how much they enjoyed eating together as a family and talking. I think the dad actually realized too that it's time to grow up. There's a time to be a dad and there's a time to be a friend to your kids. I just couldn't see feeding my children nacho's and frozen meals all the time. It sadden me to see the look on those kids faces when mom was back and eating her (you got it....nachos) and they were looking at her and looking at the table, they were sad. I thought it was nice that the dad lit the candles even though they didn't sit there as a family as intended.
It just makes you appreciate your life a lot more. I feel sorry for those kids, it seems as if she doesn't even care for her kids and maybe should have never had them. My jaw dropped when the kids showed her the poster they had all made as a family for her and her commit was, "Yeah, that will be going in the trash!!!" I just couldn't believe she said that! I sure hope that when she see herself on TV she will realize that some things need to change, I hope that will be the case anyway. May God bless them all!

Phxazgirl30

*What Doesn't Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger*

atzd 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-30-06, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail atzd Click to send private message to atzd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/20"
The Dallas mom needed to participate more with the CT family, maybe then she would have felt less like an outcast. Instead she wasted her time sleeping. On the other hand,the friends visiting the CT family seemed very uptight.

btw, I have this suspicion that the show ordered the catering company. I just don't see the Dallas mom having the guts to do this quietly on her own.

One thing that I have to disagree with the CT mom, is the decor. True, the Dallas house was a mess, but the decor looked fun and interesting. It might not be what I'd put in my house but but it reflects the Dallas family's style. The CT mom can learn from that. She has a beautiful house, but it's way too what I call "standard issue" It doesn't have personality, it may as well be the neighbor's home. Sort of like a museum.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •