The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"octavia and the other mom"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

kimmykoo 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kimmykoo Click to send private message to kimmykoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"octavia and the other mom"
I think Octavia seems really cool so why is her family so freakin wierd? Why did they leave the mom by the fence all night? That was too mean? And why is her husband so wrapped up in the marginal talent of his son? He is a totally average rapper at best in my opinion. I felt so sorry for the other neglected kids in the family.
And then in the other household, what was with the girls in the family picking on the one girl? They were so mean! I hate teenagers like that. I mean I know it is hard to be a teen but you don't have to be such total jerk ya know?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: octavia and the other mom Tamena 12-20-05 1
   RE: octavia and the other mom Peach1010 12-20-05 4
       RE: octavia and the other mom pegasustt 12-29-05 10
 RE: octavia and the other mom canadagrl 12-20-05 2
   RE: octavia and the other mom motherofthree 12-20-05 3
   RE: octavia and the other mom djaponicas1 12-21-05 6
 RE: octavia and the other mom maybaybee 12-20-05 5
   RE: octavia and the other mom SeniorCitizen 12-21-05 7
 RE: octavia and the other mom Labyrinth 12-21-05 8
   RE: octavia and the other mom ScorpioRising 12-22-05 9
       RE: octavia and the other mom atzd 01-30-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-05, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
As a survivor of a "step family from hades" I can totally empathize with Lyssa. That poor kid needs some serious TLC from the parents and the parents need to get a clue. Teens or no, those wicked-step-sisters are horrible! I just wanted to reach into the TV and give that kid a huge hug...heck she can come live here with us and I promise she won't get treated like that. It hurt to watch what was going on, brought back waaaay to many painful memories. I know what it's doing to her and I hope that she becomes a strong enough person to handle it.

Octavia. Now there's a woman I can respect. I instantly liked her. Her husband and cashflow are questionable at best and the treatment at the park made me wonder about the common sense of all of them. I really hope that this swap leads to some huge changes for these families. I have a feeling Octavia's family is going to benifit more from this than the Mass family though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Peach1010 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-20-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peach1010 Click to send private message to Peach1010 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-05 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

"As a survivor of a "step family from hades" I can totally empathize with Lyssa."

Oooo, me too. I had a step-monster when I was little and dad was still in my life. The only Christmas I spent with them, I got a off-brand Barbie and a cheap blow-up swimming pool for the cheap doll. What did my Step-Sister get? She got a REAL Barbie doll, a Barbie Townhome, Barbie clothes, a Barbie car and a bunch of other stuff. Not to mention my step-brother told me that my dad wasn't my dad anymore he was their dad. My dad just laughed, he thought it was funny when he should have been telling this asswipe kid that he was WRONG!!!!

The sad thing is my Dad let that happen. And the psycho step monster used to give us little blue pills that made us sleep all afternoon so she could smoke her pot in peace. She better hope she NEVER runs into me on the street, she will be feeling some major body pain.

Yeah, that poor Lyssa needs to call her real mom and beg to come live with her. The way those girls treated her was disgusting and I hope karma bites them in the butt someday.

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
OMG Peach that is terrible for you. I hope your step mom is out of your life now...and your dad too.

TT

canadagrl 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-20-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail canadagrl Click to send private message to canadagrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
Why did
>they leave the mom by
>the fence all night? That
>was too mean?

I can think of 2 reasons why I would have left mom by the fence all night. First, when she refused to cross the street by herself to get a coffee because she was the only white person around, that was a clear message that she thought black people were scary and that she was in danger. What an insult. Imagine if a black person was afraid to walk around a white neighborhood because there were no other black people around.

Second, in the car, she asked who Malcolm X was. To be ignorant of such an important figure in (recent) American history (her own country!) says that she thinks it is irrelevant, and, by extension, that the struggle of black people is irrelevant. Again, what an insult.

motherofthree 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-20-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motherofthree Click to send private message to motherofthree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
> Why did
>>they leave the mom by
>>the fence all night? That
>>was too mean?
>
>I can think of 2 reasons
>why I would have left
>mom by the fence all
>night. First, when she
>refused to cross the street
>by herself to get a
>coffee because she was the
>only white person around, that
>was a clear message that
>she thought black people were
>scary and that she was
>in danger. What an
>insult. Imagine if a
>black person was afraid to
>walk around a white neighborhood
>because there were no other
>black people around.
>
>Second, in the car, she asked
>who Malcolm X was.
>To be ignorant of such
>an important figure in (recent)
>American history (her own country!)
>says that she thinks it
>is irrelevant, and, by extension,
>that the struggle of black
>people is irrelevant. Again,
>what an insult.

I told my son that was the very reason why her butt was left at that fence.

....and to ask "did he ride the bus?" No Sweetie that was Rosa Parks.

It also sound like she had a Brooklyn accent.

djaponicas1 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-21-05, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djaponicas1 Click to send private message to djaponicas1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
> Why did
>>they leave the mom by
>>the fence all night? That
>>was too mean?
>
>I can think of 2 reasons
>why I would have left
>mom by the fence all
>night. First, when she
>refused to cross the street
>by herself to get a
>coffee because she was the
>only white person around, that
>was a clear message that
>she thought black people were
>scary and that she was
>in danger. What an
>insult. Imagine if a
>black person was afraid to
>walk around a white neighborhood
>because there were no other
>black people around.
>
>Second, in the car, she asked
>who Malcolm X was.
>To be ignorant of such
>an important figure in (recent)
>American history (her own country!)
>says that she thinks it
>is irrelevant, and, by extension,
>that the struggle of black
>people is irrelevant. Again,
>what an insult.

You said that right!!! I would have left her there too, if nothing else she learned that she was not "in danger" just because she was around a lot of African Americans. Maybe when she gets home and the show airs she will see herself and how ridiculous she looked and acted. She could really take lessons from the other mom and dad needs to get a back bone.

maybaybee 167 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maybaybee Click to send private message to maybaybee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
I thought both of the Mom's needed some backbone. there's no way in hell I would have waited by a fence in a rough neighborhood all day and into the night, and there's no way in hell I would have cleaned that jackasses house, picking friggin strawberry's and washing his stankin' drawers. Octavia was so intimidated "I've never been to a mainsion" Get ot more girl. That's no mansion. A nice, middle class home. They're probably paying more for that cramped Harlem brownstone than the "mansion." Both of these women gave me the cramps.
I had to take some pills to keep from jumping into the TV and choking somebody.

www.chocolatesleuth.com---mystery reviews

SeniorCitizen 57 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeniorCitizen Click to send private message to SeniorCitizen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
Both mothers were able to see the problems that lopsided parenting had produced in the families they visited. Ignorance about the culture of the other family didn't equate to bad manners. I got the impression that by the time the families were united, the mothers had taken to heart the insights each had shared even though they clearly felt affronted at first by the criticism. CarlJr. and Lissy were both being treated unequally, if in different ways, and neither benefitted. The mothers were not self-absorbed or fanatic or nuts. Each displayed a tender heart for the child of the family who had been ignored. By the way, I am part of an interracial family and I have had more than thirty years of people saying dumb things even when they are trying to be kind. Example: "Where did you get such lovely children?" They seem to assume that a blonde can't have oriental children. I have often been tempted to give a brief description of the birth process.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-21-05, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
Yeah she was left by the fence with a television crew filming her every move. Scareeeeee.

ScorpioRising 92 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScorpioRising Click to send private message to ScorpioRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
>Yeah she was left by the
>fence with a television crew
>filming her every move. Scareeeeee.
>

LMAO!!!!!

atzd 83 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-06, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail atzd Click to send private message to atzd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: octavia and the other mom"
Leaving a guest alone, regardless of where it is, is extremely rude. Octavia though, looks like a wonderful person and mom. She has raised great kids, and keeps a nice home. That is very hard to do in NYC. And like someone else said, they might be paying more for the Harlem apartment than the MA family is paying for their "mansion". The MA mom made it seem terrible, telling her family "you know where I was? I was in Harlem!" Harlem isn't what it used to be. I doubt the MA mom can afford to buy a Harlem brownstone.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •