The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
Not only was her song horrible, the entire get up-hair, make-up, outfit. Who in the world is coaching this woman?? And that dance?? What was Paula thinking telling her she can DANCE??

The whole act was a horror movie!! If she doesn't go home tonight, she better get on her knees and kiss the ground and thank America! That's all I have to say about that! I really liked her the first 3 or 4 times I heard her.
But Janis J. and Grace Slick can only go so far.....gotta step it up and show some REAL talent, sweetie.

I think nursing will probably be a good place to fall back-I'm sure it will pay way more than anything she'll have as far as a musical career. Just MY humble opinion.......

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... Tazluli 02-28-08 1
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... Corvis 02-28-08 2
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... bullzeye 02-28-08 3
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... nailbone 02-28-08 4
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... susang 02-29-08 5
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... aquariaqueen 02-29-08 6
   RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... mindy23 03-06-08 11
       RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... Snidget 03-06-08 12
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... geekboy 02-29-08 7
   RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... DonNoir 02-29-08 8
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... agman 03-01-08 9
 RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... agman 03-03-08 10
   RE: I was incredibly embarrased for... bullzeye 03-06-08 13
 Goodbye Amanda Hoobie 03-20-08 14
   RE: Goodbye Amanda Sues 03-21-08 15
   RE: Goodbye Amanda bullzeye 03-21-08 16
   RE: Goodbye Amanda zazzy 03-21-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
I had such high hopes for Amanda ~ now? Not so much.

That was just awful.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-08, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
I am off the Amanda train after last night. What a horrible performance. I don't think she can really sing all that well. She's all attitude and look.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-28-08, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
While I am one of the very few who actually liked her look last night, I can't say the same for her performance. I think even she knew (while singing), that she was tanking it. I will give her one more week and hope she finds her groove.

Generously crafted by Agman.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
she better get on her knees and kiss the ground and thank America!

Or thank VFTW.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-29-08, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
IMO, she should have chosen the better Kansas song, "Dust in the Wind."

It (may) have brought out a softer side that we have not seen.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-29-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
She's a distraction more than an attraction. The keep saying nurse, but never RN....hmmm. Me thinks she doesn't have as much medical experience as they put out there.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-06-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
>She's a distraction more than an
>attraction. The keep saying
>nurse, but never RN....hmmm.
>Me thinks she doesn't have
>as much medical experience as
>they put out there.

You know, that's really true! In my own experience (please don't gag, if you've heard me say this before! LOL), if you don't actually SAY RN, it means you are a 1) LPN, or 2) medical assistant. Both of which are not considered 'nurses' on most states. Heck, she may even be a home health aide or nurses aide in a hospital.

If THAT is the case, she really DOES need American Idol to launch a better career...........

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
I believe I've seen something posted somewhere that confirmed she was an LPN.

She did say she did mostly home health care stuff. That isn't that bad a career, I know people that do OK doing that sort of thing.

Singing in the Spring with Tribe.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-29-08, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
I, too, have been very disappointed w/ Amanda the past two weeks. I don't think either performance was great, but this week's was a total trainwreck.

I've been trying to figure out what happened to the Amanda we saw in the audition phase, and in Hollywood. She hasn't shown up for the two 24. Is almost a different person.

Has she been sick? Is it nerves? Is it over-thinking? Personally i think she's overanalyzing her songs and performances way too much.

I think Randy hit it on the head. You have to know who you are and stick with that. Then on the other hand, Simon told her in Hollywood that she has to step out of her box also. I can see how that would totally confuse someone.

She was a favorite going into the top 24, and she hasn't followed through for me yet. I'm crossing my fingers that Amanda returns on Wednesday.

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

DonNoir 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-29-08, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonNoir Click to send private message to DonNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
Nerves methinks. Seems to have run rampant amongst the AI contestants this week.

Give it to me straight

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-08, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
I agree with many of the posters here. I think she has been very underwhelming so far. I think she has the ability to do well, but is not showing it at all. I can't even explain last night except to say "what the he!! was she doing?"

Sculpted by Tribe

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-08, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-08 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

Like it or not, VFTW has kicked in on her behalf becasue she's still there!

03-06-08, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
Well, I am glad they did as she kicked butt last night! That was the Amanda we have been waiting for!

A birthday present from Tribe

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-08, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Goodbye Amanda"
I wasn't a huge fan, but she wasn't the worst on Tuesday night. She gave a good run, and it is sad to leave right before the final 10.

Did anyone else notice her mess up during her farewell song? Was it the band's fault?

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-08, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Goodbye Amanda"
I thought from the beginning that she wouldn't last. I'm actually surprised she came this far. Her range isn't big enough for this show and her 'image' isn't what they typically want to have to whore out later...

I do love her voice though...but I'm old
I'm also glad she lasted a bit so we got to see someone who isn't just going for the money 'run'...

03-21-08, 10:37 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Goodbye Amanda"
Not that I thought for a moment that she had a chance to win, I was really hoping she would last longer. She added a grit to the competition that I found quite enjoyable.

Sigh, I guess I will just have to accept the fact that it will come down to a saccharinly sweet final between David A. and Brooke. Wake me up when it's over ok?

An Agman!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-21-08, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Goodbye Amanda"
Amanda has done some good exit interviews--she sounded really grounded about AI and commented that they were just recognizable now, not stars yet.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •