URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 808
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"

Posted by mindy23 on 02-28-08 at 10:33 AM
Not only was her song horrible, the entire get up-hair, make-up, outfit. Who in the world is coaching this woman?? And that dance?? What was Paula thinking telling her she can DANCE??

The whole act was a horror movie!! If she doesn't go home tonight, she better get on her knees and kiss the ground and thank America! That's all I have to say about that! I really liked her the first 3 or 4 times I heard her.
But Janis J. and Grace Slick can only go so far.....gotta step it up and show some REAL talent, sweetie.

I think nursing will probably be a good place to fall back-I'm sure it will pay way more than anything she'll have as far as a musical career. Just MY humble opinion.......

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I was incredibly embarrased for Amanda last night"
Posted by Tazluli on 02-28-08 at 10:49 AM
I had such high hopes for Amanda ~ now? Not so much.

That was just awful.

Posted by Corvis on 02-28-08 at 10:55 AM
I am off the Amanda train after last night. What a horrible performance. I don't think she can really sing all that well. She's all attitude and look.

Posted by bullzeye on 02-28-08 at 11:10 AM
While I am one of the very few who actually liked her look last night, I can't say the same for her performance. I think even she knew (while singing), that she was tanking it. I will give her one more week and hope she finds her groove.

Generously crafted by Agman.

Posted by nailbone on 02-28-08 at 12:39 PM
she better get on her knees and kiss the ground and thank America!

Or thank VFTW.

Posted by susang on 02-29-08 at 01:19 PM
IMO, she should have chosen the better Kansas song, "Dust in the Wind."

It (may) have brought out a softer side that we have not seen.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 02-29-08 at 02:10 PM
She's a distraction more than an attraction. The keep saying nurse, but never RN....hmmm. Me thinks she doesn't have as much medical experience as they put out there.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

Posted by mindy23 on 03-06-08 at 09:04 AM
>She's a distraction more than an
>attraction. The keep saying
>nurse, but never RN....hmmm.
>Me thinks she doesn't have
>as much medical experience as
>they put out there.

You know, that's really true! In my own experience (please don't gag, if you've heard me say this before! LOL), if you don't actually SAY RN, it means you are a 1) LPN, or 2) medical assistant. Both of which are not considered 'nurses' on most states. Heck, she may even be a home health aide or nurses aide in a hospital.

If THAT is the case, she really DOES need American Idol to launch a better career...........

Posted by Snidget on 03-06-08 at 09:39 AM
I believe I've seen something posted somewhere that confirmed she was an LPN.

She did say she did mostly home health care stuff. That isn't that bad a career, I know people that do OK doing that sort of thing.

Singing in the Spring with Tribe.

Posted by geekboy on 02-29-08 at 02:46 PM
I, too, have been very disappointed w/ Amanda the past two weeks. I don't think either performance was great, but this week's was a total trainwreck.

I've been trying to figure out what happened to the Amanda we saw in the audition phase, and in Hollywood. She hasn't shown up for the two 24. Is almost a different person.

Has she been sick? Is it nerves? Is it over-thinking? Personally i think she's overanalyzing her songs and performances way too much.

I think Randy hit it on the head. You have to know who you are and stick with that. Then on the other hand, Simon told her in Hollywood that she has to step out of her box also. I can see how that would totally confuse someone.

She was a favorite going into the top 24, and she hasn't followed through for me yet. I'm crossing my fingers that Amanda returns on Wednesday.

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Posted by DonNoir on 02-29-08 at 03:03 PM
Nerves methinks. Seems to have run rampant amongst the AI contestants this week.

Give it to me straight

Posted by agman on 03-01-08 at 10:17 PM
I agree with many of the posters here. I think she has been very underwhelming so far. I think she has the ability to do well, but is not showing it at all. I can't even explain last night except to say "what the he!! was she doing?"

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by agman on 03-03-08 at 10:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-08 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

Like it or not, VFTW has kicked in on her behalf becasue she's still there!

Posted by bullzeye on 03-06-08 at 12:04 PM
Well, I am glad they did as she kicked butt last night! That was the Amanda we have been waiting for!

A birthday present from Tribe

"Goodbye Amanda"
Posted by Hoobie on 03-20-08 at 10:51 PM
I wasn't a huge fan, but she wasn't the worst on Tuesday night. She gave a good run, and it is sad to leave right before the final 10.

Did anyone else notice her mess up during her farewell song? Was it the band's fault?

"RE: Goodbye Amanda"
Posted by Sues on 03-21-08 at 08:36 AM
I thought from the beginning that she wouldn't last. I'm actually surprised she came this far. Her range isn't big enough for this show and her 'image' isn't what they typically want to have to whore out later...

I do love her voice though...but I'm old
I'm also glad she lasted a bit so we got to see someone who isn't just going for the money 'run'...

Posted by bullzeye on 03-21-08 at 10:37 AM
Not that I thought for a moment that she had a chance to win, I was really hoping she would last longer. She added a grit to the competition that I found quite enjoyable.

Sigh, I guess I will just have to accept the fact that it will come down to a saccharinly sweet final between David A. and Brooke. Wake me up when it's over ok?

An Agman!

Posted by zazzy on 03-21-08 at 01:53 PM
Amanda has done some good exit interviews--she sounded really grounded about AI and commented that they were just recognizable now, not stars yet.