The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TammyLuvsConstantine 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-07, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TammyLuvsConstantine Click to send private message to TammyLuvsConstantine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
Did anyone else notice last night that while Jordin was singing her last note, she put her microphone down? Yet the note kept going.
If anyone taped this, please re-watch it and give me your opinion.
Is it possible that the contestants make a tape of their songs, and then just sing along with it???

Tammy
(Constantine should have won American Idol)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING????? Magnolia_Rocker 03-08-07 1
 RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING????? bob_chester 03-08-07 2
   RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING????? tamarama 03-08-07 3
 RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING????? SilverStar 03-08-07 4
   RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING????? bullzeye 03-08-07 5
 RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING????? xwraith27 03-08-07 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-08-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
Yeah, I noticed that just didn't think much of it.

A Tribe Original!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
They have a mike in on the clothing if you look close enough. I think the hand held mike is a prop. Watch close next week. I noticed the mike on a few of the ladies dresses last night.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-08-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
The lavalier mics are just for the conversations. Ryan's intros, responses to the judges, etc.

Those mics aren't really sophisticated enough to do much more than amplify sound. You need much more dynamic and pitch range when you're amplifying a vocal performance, hence the much more sensitive hand mics.

I didn't see the thing Tammy is talking about, and I don't have Jordin's performance on tape -- so I can't say anything for sure. BUT -- when singing with a hand mic, a singer needs to move the mic in and away from the mouth -- maybe she just pulled the mic down because she was singing a bigger note.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-07, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
Interesting. I just re-watched her performance on Youtube and it definitely seems like her last note carried on for longer than it should have once she dropped the mic.

I don't think the little mic clipped to her shirt would help either, like tamarama said, I think those are just for interviews and talking to the judges.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-08-07, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
I'm no expert by any stretch, but if the contestants could use a lyp synch option, why have we seen so many crummy performances so far? I mean, wouldn't you perfect the recording and then lip synch to it? Based on what I have seen so far - most couldn't possibly be that bad.

A birthday present from Tribe

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-07, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

Is it possible that the contestants make a tape of their songs, and then just sing along with it???

Probably not. The same thing happened to Vonzell during her performance of "On The Radio". I would think it's an echo or a sound effect in the sound system, because I've seen it happen live before. Either that or it's a background singer.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •