URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 729
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"

Posted by TammyLuvsConstantine on 03-08-07 at 12:13 PM
Did anyone else notice last night that while Jordin was singing her last note, she put her microphone down? Yet the note kept going.
If anyone taped this, please re-watch it and give me your opinion.
Is it possible that the contestants make a tape of their songs, and then just sing along with it???

Tammy
(Constantine should have won American Idol)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: JORDIN SPARKS LIP SYNCHING?????"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-08-07 at 12:16 PM
Yeah, I noticed that just didn't think much of it.

A Tribe Original!

Posted by bob_chester on 03-08-07 at 04:14 PM
They have a mike in on the clothing if you look close enough. I think the hand held mike is a prop. Watch close next week. I noticed the mike on a few of the ladies dresses last night.

Posted by tamarama on 03-08-07 at 04:39 PM
The lavalier mics are just for the conversations. Ryan's intros, responses to the judges, etc.

Those mics aren't really sophisticated enough to do much more than amplify sound. You need much more dynamic and pitch range when you're amplifying a vocal performance, hence the much more sensitive hand mics.

I didn't see the thing Tammy is talking about, and I don't have Jordin's performance on tape -- so I can't say anything for sure. BUT -- when singing with a hand mic, a singer needs to move the mic in and away from the mouth -- maybe she just pulled the mic down because she was singing a bigger note.

Posted by SilverStar on 03-08-07 at 04:53 PM
Interesting. I just re-watched her performance on Youtube and it definitely seems like her last note carried on for longer than it should have once she dropped the mic.

I don't think the little mic clipped to her shirt would help either, like tamarama said, I think those are just for interviews and talking to the judges.

Posted by bullzeye on 03-08-07 at 06:31 PM
I'm no expert by any stretch, but if the contestants could use a lyp synch option, why have we seen so many crummy performances so far? I mean, wouldn't you perfect the recording and then lip synch to it? Based on what I have seen so far - most couldn't possibly be that bad.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by xwraith27 on 03-08-07 at 06:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

Is it possible that the contestants make a tape of their songs, and then just sing along with it???

Probably not. The same thing happened to Vonzell during her performance of "On The Radio". I would think it's an echo or a sound effect in the sound system, because I've seen it happen live before. Either that or it's a background singer.