The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"keenyah is a #####"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

ferms1984 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ferms1984 Click to send private message to ferms1984 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"keenyah is a #####"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-05 AT 10:08 PM (EST)

hi
why does keenyah have to come off as a selfish brat..she seems so self-serving. i know it is a competition but they are all girls in the same situation. she should get kicked off just for her attitude. she gave everyone negative critiques and was so barbaric in her competition on this last episode.
well that is all i got to say for now
peace

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: keenyah is a ##### cambo 05-07-05 1
   RE: keenyah is a ##### NancyOttawa 05-07-05 2
       RE: keenyah is a ##### Feva4diva 05-07-05 3
           RE: keenyah is a ##### singer 05-09-05 4
               RE: keenyah is a ##### Feva4diva 05-11-05 8
                   RE: keenyah is a ##### singer 05-11-05 10
 RE: keenyah is a ##### Fox41 05-10-05 5
   RE: keenyah is a ##### biggest brutha 05-10-05 6
 RE: keenyah is a ##### Lashid 05-10-05 7
   RE: keenyah is a ##### Feva4diva 05-11-05 9
   RE: keenyah is a ##### singer 05-11-05 11
       RE: keenyah is a ##### biggest brutha 05-11-05 12
 RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? Fox41 05-11-05 13
   RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? Lashid 05-12-05 14
       RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? dbwar4 05-12-05 16
           RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? Lashid 05-12-05 17
       RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? singer 05-12-05 18
           RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? CouchTater 05-15-05 34
   RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? letschat 05-12-05 15
   RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? DonnaLynn 05-12-05 19
       RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? Lashid 05-13-05 23
           RE: keenyah ...what in the world??? DonnaLynn 05-18-05 38
 RE: keenyah is a ##### Fox41 05-13-05 20
   RE: keenyah is a ##### Lashid 05-13-05 21
       WARNING Bebo 05-13-05 22
 RE: keenyah is a ##### VeniceGirl 05-13-05 24
   I agree COMPLETELY! steppedonalego 05-13-05 25
       RE: I agree COMPLETELY! Lashid 05-14-05 26
           RE: I agree COMPLETELY! steppedonalego 05-14-05 28
               RE: I agree COMPLETELY! cambo 05-15-05 32
                   RE: I agree COMPLETELY! steppedonalego 05-15-05 33
                       RE: I agree COMPLETELY! singer 05-15-05 35
       RE: I agree COMPLETELY! VeniceGirl 05-14-05 30
 RE: keenyah is a ##### cutelilram 05-14-05 27
   I don't get it..... (m) steppedonalego 05-14-05 29
       RE: I don't get it..... (m) singer 05-15-05 36
           RE: I don't get it..... (m) RudeeRu 05-18-05 37
               RE: I don't get it..... (m) DonnaLynn 05-18-05 39
                   RE: I don't get it..... (m) Zeta 05-18-05 40
                       RE: I don't get it..... (m) evernae 02-06-06 41
                           Drop the Soapbox, Ladies - Keenyah ... stranglethorpe 02-06-06 42
                               RE: Drop the Soapbox, Ladies - Keen... unknownauthor_anonymous 03-14-08 44
                                   RE: Drop the Soapbox, Ladies - Keen... unknownauthor_anonymous 03-14-08 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
Why is everyone so against Keenyah? I don't see her having an attitude at all. Competitive yes, but I don't see her as being mean-spirited.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

NancyOttawa 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NancyOttawa Click to send private message to NancyOttawa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
I have to agree, I thought she was just being competitive also. WHen they are participating in a competition to see who gets to the most "go sees" then it's every man for himself. Besides Kahlen was just standing there! ALthough I was shocked by shy quiet Kahlen then fighting for the door! LOL

Feva4diva 342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Feva4diva Click to send private message to Feva4diva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
Those fights for the go-see was really funny LOL. But, I have to agree with Keenyah's competitive spirit as well. This is a competition. Tyra and everyone else usually stresses that to them. It has been proven dozens of times that nice guys usually finishes last. Especially on ANTM. But those fights were really funny LOL.

I kinda knew they were going to edit Keenyah that way eventually though.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-09-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
>Those fights for the go-see was
>really funny LOL. But, I
>have to agree with Keenyah's
>competitive spirit as well. This
>is a competition. Tyra and
>everyone else usually stresses that
>to them. It has been
>proven dozens of times that
>nice guys usually finishes last.
>Especially on ANTM. But those
>fights were really funny LOL.
>
>
>I kinda knew they were going
>to edit Keenyah that way
>eventually though.

Hey, Feva. Remember when I mentioned weeks ago that they would start editing Keenyah negatively? Well, it's happening. I'm not surprised, either.

--Singer

05-11-05, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Feva4diva Click to send private message to Feva4diva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 07:45 AM (EST)

Yup singer, I remember clear as day. I am not too surprised myself. This happens every season.
I wish Tyra would get off her high horse with ratings as #1 and really pay close attention to what she is doing. She doesn't see the pattern, I mean I do not know for sure, but is she back there with those editors when they are editing the show?

05-11-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05
>AT 07:45 AM (EST)

>
>Yup singer, I remember clear as
>day. I am not too
>surprised myself. This happens every
>season.
>I wish Tyra would get off
>her high horse with ratings
>as #1 and really pay
>close attention to what she
>is doing. She doesn't see
>the pattern, I mean I
>do not know for sure,
>but is she back there
>with those editors when they
>are editing the show?

Feva, I don't know their editing process, and I don't know if Tyra is there, but I she probably has some artistic control over what we see on the screen. Whoever it doing it, the editing still stereotypes. Have you noticed that if there is a smart girl on the show, Tyra (or the editors) usually don't like her? Elyse from season 1, YaYa from last season, and now Keenyah. They end up with negative edits, and they usually get cut from the show. (Tyra's really rich and everything, but she didn't go to college. Does she have a problem with women who have the option of doing that AND modeling? I'm just asking...)

This kind of editing is just as disgusting as the stereotyping on the Apprentice. People are still yowling about Omarosa, when there have been other villains on the show (and their edits were stereotypical, too). It's one thing to create humour about a character, but it's something else again when the editors exaggerate so much about the characters that people BELIEVE that the television image is all that there is to the person. That's the danger in what these reality show editors are doing.

Also, do you remember the way that talk show hosts used to do "ambush" interviews? They would lure a guest on television and then surprise them either with a spate of hostile questions or surprise them with a hostile confrontation from a surprise guest. Well, a few years ago, there was an ambush interview on a talk show (Jenny something or other), and the guest was confronted by a gay person who professed love for him. After the show, one of the people ended up killing himself or the other guest. After a protracted lawsuit, the talk show lost ratings. It is no longer on the air. Soon afterward, the "ambush interview" became a thing of the past.

I'm hoping that "editing to stereotype" has the same fate. I also hope that the change is not a result of violence or loss of life, but of good people complaining about the process so much, that the greedy network executives get the idea and halt the sickening process.

--Singer

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
Well, I saw a preview for this weeks ANTM and I do believe that Keenyah is going to walk off a photo shoot. It looks like there are some really HOT male models who will be modeling with the girls this Wednesday. And maybe that will be a bit much for her to take. But I'm sure she'll eat a super-size bag of chocolate and feel better. BTW ... someone needs to tell that girl that models don't eat! Anyway, remember when Jesus Freak Robin, from season one, said it was too hard to model with that football player guy b/c he was "lusting" after her? And she (Robin) didn't want to model nude b/c Jesus wouldn't like it ... or some crazy BS like that. I can't wait to see what Keenyah's excuse is going to be.

biggest brutha 36 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biggest%20brutha Click to send private message to biggest%20brutha Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
Its the infamous double standard. GUH
Let's face it K is lame tiffany was tons better without the gut.

Lashid 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-10-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lashid Click to send private message to Lashid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: keenyah is a #####"

As unfair as it seems, this IS still a competition - and not just one where "it's all about fun", like a school soccer game, or something! ...This is about their FUTURE!

Plus, I don't understand, anyways, why these girls choose to get so "buddy-buddy" with someone they are competing with! ...This is one reason I liked Yaya from last season ...Unlike Eva, she KNEW to keep things on more of a "Hi & Bye" level, and when she'd win a competition, she'd pick persons (to share in her win) based on who she felt was more deserving (like when she picked Tocarra for making such good effort in running up those stairs), or some reason other than just "this is my 'girl'!"

...Eva had to find shyt out the hard way (with Ann)...

...But anyways, had not Keenyah been "selfish" (as you call it), beating Naima up those stairs, etc. (at least Kahlen gave her a "run" for her money!), her azz would've been on the line last show - and she probably would've been gone this week (instead of Christina), cuz she hasn't improved much in her weight (I don't think you can really "change" so dramatically from one episode to the next.

...So, I don't call that "being a bytch", or "selfish" ...I call it just BEING WISE!

05-11-05, 07:37 AM (EST)
9. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
>
>As unfair as it seems, this
>IS still a competition -
>and not just one where
>"it's all about fun", like
>a school soccer game, or
>something! ...This is about their
>FUTURE!
>
>Plus, I don't understand, anyways, why
>these girls choose to get
>so "buddy-buddy" with someone they
>are competing with! ...This is
>one reason I liked Yaya
>from last season ...Unlike Eva,
>she KNEW to keep things
>on more of a "Hi
>& Bye" level, and when
>she'd win a competition, she'd
>pick persons (to share in
>her win) based on who
>she felt was more deserving
>(like when she picked Tocarra
>for making such good effort
>in running up those stairs),
>or some reason other than
>just "this is my 'girl'!"
>
>
>...Eva had to find shyt out
>the hard way (with Ann)...

I noticed that too. Theres always some close friendship these girls develop with eachother, and then when its down to the final 5,4 or whatever the friendship falls a part. And they start to let the friend get in the way of the competition. Haven't they seen the previous cycle, what makes them think its not going to happen to them? This is a competition to be come ANTM. Not to become someones bestfriend. Sometimes it maybe hard not to let someone get close to you, but they should have it like that to a certain extend and keep remembering this is a competition.

Well Keenyahs weight does not seem to be going anywhere. I think the way she is shaped makes her look out of porportioned when she gains weight. It seems like the only 12lbs she gained was in her stomach. I did not know puttin on 12lbs can be shown that clearly. She just needs a little exercise and if she feels she needs to eat whatever she want she can eat less without the exercise. I am starting to wonder, how did Keenyah gain weight soooo quickly on this show? I mean, was she on an exercise program or a diet or something before the show, eating less, or was she still eating like she was eating before the show?

05-11-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
11. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
QUOTE "So, I don't call that "being a bytch", or "selfish"...I call it just BEING WISE!" UNQUOTE

In total agreement, Lashid. You always kick the knowledge out there. I wonder if a guy had done the same thing in a similar competition, would Tyra have called it "bitchy" or "doggy?" I'm beginning to have my doubts about her, and especially her ability to be objective.

And why suddenly is Keenyah's weight an issue, when they had plus sized models in all of the other seasons? I don't get it. (I also don't think that Keenyah is as fierce as Kahlen.)

--Singer

biggest brutha 36 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biggest%20brutha Click to send private message to biggest%20brutha Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
Gaining 10-12 pounds you can't tell? Are you crazy, if you are on the shorter side and gain that much weight it will show. Most women gain it in places where it will show ,face, boobbs,thighs, tail this girl puts it on in the gut which is real bad.

05-11-05, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
You know I really don't know what to say about Keenyah. I don't know what she called herself doing tonight. I know she's young and all, but she wouldn't know who Nelson Mandela was if he licked her on the neck. She didn't have a clue. Even Britney knew that Mandela was still alive. HA! ... that's too funny! Keenyah is already 12 pounds overweight (probably more.) Why does she keep eating sh*t that she shouldn't? Her heart is not in this. Am I the only person who can see that? And she was flirlting like it was going out of style with that hot African model. And then she wants to get all pissed b/c he had his hand on her thigh, & let out a sigh or two. PLEASE. If she wins ANTM and pulls the sh*t she did tonight in the real modeling world, she'll be on a bus back home. And about this negative editing & Omarosa BS ... Listen, Omarosa is milking the hell out of her 15 minutes of fame. She's not sitting at home crying b/c of negative editing. Have you see her Burger King commercial? I'm sure she got BIG bucks for that. And she wasn't acting like a little angel. She was being Omarosa the b*tch. Did you see her on Fear Factor? She talked much mess & didn't even know how to swim ... now that was stupid! Omarosa is not a lost babe in the woods. She knows what time it is.

05-12-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lashid Click to send private message to Lashid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
I, too, was highly disappointed in Keenyah not knowing whether or not Mandela was living or dead (yet, a white girl did), but I'M SURE that in their "tour" of South Africa, before they visited the cell, they gave her the 411 on Mandela - and that's all she needed to know to grow a "passionate" feel for him, his history, etc....
And we don't know whether or not she was totally CLUELESS on Mandela based on that question - that's just the conclusion Brittany came to from her question! ...There are many who claim to know about Martin Luther King, Jr., yet, couldn't even give you his exact birthday!

...And I don't wanna get on Omarosa - we're discussing this in another forum (The Apprentice)! ...No, Omarosa aint no fool, trust me! ...And I don't blame her, but I blame this country we live in! Cuz if they hated her soooooo much as they claimed, labeling her "The Most Hated Woman In America" (did she do something THAT bad?), her 5 minutes would've BEEN UP, and she wouldn't be getting all these TV offers, etc.!

So, why do white folks (who claim to hate her so much) still wanna see her? (They are the ones who have the majority of the control over what we see on TV, etc.)
Amerikkka WANTS someone to "hate"! ...And this is why they KEEP WATCHING! ...They'd rather watch an Omarosa, someone they can throw stones at, than that sweet sista who happens to also be in television! ...And Omarosa even pointed this out - she KNOWS whassup! ...This is how Amerikkka LOVES to see black women! ...It makes them feel better about themselves! ...Just like there are whites who CAN'T WAIT to get up in here, talking about the "black bytch" of the week!

But anyways...
@Feva
" I noticed that too. Theres always some close friendship these girls develop with eachother, and then when its down to the final 5,4 or whatever the friendship falls a part."

Yeah, you see what happened this week with Brittany and Keenyah! ...That's why I wouldn't even form no "union" with anyone on that show! ...But at least Brittany was cool about it in the end, unlike Miss Ann!

And Singer, I hear ya on that eating thing! ...That's what I was ALSO wondering! ...From the beginning, I noticed that Keenyah wasn't so "small"! ...Now, I can understand them being a lit' more focused on this, being that this aint about being "full-figured", but disproportioned (it's ALL in the belly!) - but IMO, that's less to do about eating, and more to do about EXERCISE!
Too, Yoanna had one of the WORST shapes I ever saw on a "model"! ...She had Keenyah's belly (EXACTLY!), yet, with this chicken body! TOTALLY disproportioned! ..Yet, no one made such a fuss over that - she went on to win!

dbwar4 42 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dbwar4 Click to send private message to dbwar4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
As humans we are always attracted to the people we “love to hate”. It is not a racial thing it’s a human thing. Omarosa isn’t an evil person, she is just a larger than life personality that’s opinionated and knows how to be seen and heard, not unlike Rob, from Survivor.

It is our nature to be attracted to powerfully mean people (from a distance), why do you think people stay tuned to soap operas other than to see what the villain will do next and when they will get theirs? There is always someone on a reality show that stands out and people want to see go down, yet we continue to tune in week after week to watch and complain about them. It’s just our way. I love Naima and I think she is as beautiful inside as well as out, but even I wouldn’t want to watch nine weeks of a houseful of just sickening sweet people all lovey dovey going on and on about how wonderful life is, that would be boring, boring boring and no one would watch.

05-12-05, 01:43 AM (EST)
17. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
Yes, I agree, it IS a "human thing" (unfortunately), but it can ALSO be a RACIST thing!

Every reality show gotta have someone we all hate (just as we need someone to root for), so, why not that person be black? ...Doesn't that make it EASIER to hate 'em?
Plus, it feeds into the stereotypes (like, that all black women are loud, obnoxious, and rude)...

And like someone said up in here, when you compare "Alexis Colby" (The famous "bytch" of Dynasty played by Joan Collins), there's more of a FASCINATION, and even some RESPECT - unlike the pure HATE you get with someone who's black (and considered a "bytch")!

...And usually, it is blacks that are more likely to give us that "I hate 'em" or "look at me!" character that are chosen to be on such shows (not necessarily saying that was the decision with ANTM) ...Omarosa even pointed this out!
This is really NO DIFFERENT than the days when blacks had to really act an azz, or be sub-servant to be seen on screen ("Steppin'-Fetchit", i.e.)!
Compare how easy it is for a Flava Flav or an Omarosa to get THEIR OWN tv show to a less stereotypical actor/actress who is JUST AS interesting!

There are many blacks now who are "tap-dancing" to be on that new reality show - the ONLY blacks (besides the celebs) I've really seen on Fear Factor were obnoxious, and had over-the-top charisma/character...

...That's not a coincidence!

05-12-05, 07:08 AM (EST)
18. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
That's my point, Lashid. The editors are doing their thing, like they always do.

Also, Keenyah still could have been moved by being in Mandela's cell without knowing if he had passed away or not. Last year his son died. If a teenager isn't paying attention, it's plausible that they could mistake the son for him. And it's also totally plausible that they wouldn't remember anything about him but his name. It's not that big of a deal. What is a big deal is the idea that anyone could question how moving it must have been for Keenyah to go in his cell, especially someone of a non-African background. And to assume that Keenyah was crying because she didn't get to turn the key is just plain stupid.

Also my other points about Omarosa are precisely that she is milking the negative environment that these editors have created. She figures that this will make money for her, so she keeps playing up that inept character from the Apprentice. She knows what time it is financially, and the editors do, too. They want to hype negative images of black women and Omarosa is giving them plenty of grist for their mill.

And as far as Naima is concerned, I don't get Tyra's attitude about her. Naima strikes me as a lady, pure and simple. Why can't that serene quality be marketable? Keenyah, on the other hand, will push people aside to get what she wants, and somehow the judges love that "quality." I am sure that there are very successful models who are lady-like and non-abrasive like Naima, and who do quite well in the industry. It's stupid that the judges won't admit that.

If I were ranking the candidates, I would rank them in this order:

Naima
Kahlen
Keenyah
Brittany (She's last because apparently, she drinks too much.)

--Singer

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
>>>Also, Keenyah still could have been moved by being in Mandela's cell without knowing if he had passed away or not. <<<

I was inclined to not believe her tears at first, but I'd like to think that being in Nelson Mandela's cell would have touched her deeply and I give her the benefit of the doubt even if she did not know that Nelson Mandela is alive or not. I would also like to think that going into that cell would touch anyone who has any understanding and humanity.

I can totally understand her feeling about being in Africa and that it is more special to her because she is black.

Personally, I don't feel that anyone has the right to criticize anyone who feels anything about their own heritage, nor do I believe that anyone has the right to criticize if they have never known any kind of discrimination.

I am a white person in America. I can't possibly understand a black person's experience in this country. I can only try to empathize. I have traveled and lived in other cultures, like Asia, where I experienced outright discrimination on a continuous basis. If I had grown up in these countries I can only imagine that I would be really fed up with it.

So, when a black person expresses their identification when being in Africa, a country where they are just another person and not a minority, then I don't think it should be questioned.

Keenyah, having grown up in America, might have taken a few days of being in Africa to realize just what that meant to her as a black person.

I also don't think that Brittany was really being nasty with her making those comments, but no one has the right to comment on how one feels about something and why.

I also personally feel that race will always come into the picture, second only to gender, as far as whom we develop into as people and how we see the world. My feeling is the only way to deal with that is to be as aware as possible about how we let that affect us in our view of others and ourselves and try to understand the other's experience.

So, I give Keenyah the benefit of the doubt, even though I personally don't resonate with her personality.

letschat 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail letschat Click to send private message to letschat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
I too am disappointed that Keenyah did not know that Nelson Mandela was still alive. It is a major part of history what this incredible man has done for his country as well as for humanity. Keenyah should really worry what she is putting in her mouth as well has what comes out of it.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
Fox you cracked me up! Right on!!!

>she wouldn't
>know who Nelson Mandela was
>if he licked her on
>the neck. She didn't
>have a clue.

It's almost like she thinks that because she has black skin that she should be first at everything in Africa and that everything should mean more to her. Naima needs to step up to the plate and shout "HEY, I'M BLACK TOO"... I don't understand why people place such importance on their "race" and such. Look, Keenya was born in America, she's AMERICAN! This African American stuff needs to go out the window. My grand-parents came here from Poland but my parents and me were all born here. We are not called "Polish-Americans" we are "AMERICANS"... Now, I would love to go to Poland someday but I don't think that I would want special treatment above another person because I'm Polish... (Sorry, had to rant!)
(Oh, and NO POLISH JOKES, OK? LOL)

>Why does she
>keep eating sh*t that she
>shouldn't?

When she kept taking bites of that brownie last night my mouth dropped to the floor. I mean, she couldn't finish her sentence without several bites of chocolate. Look, I am a large woman, but I'm not trying to be in the modeling industry. If I were and I was told to cut down on what I eat, I would not be going after brownies like I was starving to death. That girl puts more food away in one meal than I eat all day!

>she was flirlting like it
>was going out of style
>with that hot African model.
> And then she wants
>to get all pissed b/c
>he had his hand on
>her thigh, & let out
>a sigh or two.

I could not believe how 2-faced she was on this. Even if she had not flirted before hand, it's part of the photo shoot. You have to rise above all the stuff. It's not like he whipped it out and made her feel it! ROFL I mean, he "grinded" her. It was a sexual photo shoot. All 3 guys were extremely HOT HOT HOT and they acted like a bunch of children when they were having dinner... Oh, and what was with Keenya NOT bringing any money to dinner and expecting everyone else to foot the bill? NO CLASS!

I could not believe they gave the 2 people with the worst pictures the top 2 spots. Naima's pic was flawless! So what if her "personality" doesn't come out to the judges. Everyone has been saying it's all about the pictures. Well every week she's been voted the Cover Girl best look of the week or whatever it is.

Tyra definately has double standards on this show. I really didn't think pro or con on her before watching this show. Now I honestly do not like her and think that she picks faves and goes with those... Just my 2 cents worth!

--Donna :~)

05-13-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"
Also, Keenyah still could have been moved by being in Mandela's cell without knowing if he had passed away or not. Last year his son died. If a teenager isn't paying attention, it's plausible that they could mistake the son for him. And it's also totally plausible that they wouldn't remember anything about him but his name. It's not that big of a deal. What is a big deal is the idea that anyone could question how moving it must have been for Keenyah to go in his cell, especially someone of a non-African background. And to assume that Keenyah was crying because she didn't get to turn the key is just plain stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANK YOU!!

There are blacks (even the older ones) who do not know the BASICS in their history, heritage, etc.! ...Shoot, we are a people who can't even tell you what country we originate from!
Just today, at the black website I regularly visit, a user had a pic of Nikki Giovanni in her signature/avator, and everyone was asking who that woman was!
Now, does that mean that they don't wanna know about their history/people, or don't care?

No, they JUST DID NOT KNOW! ...Keenyah's parents may have never told her anything about Mandela, and I can GUARANTEE YA that she didn't learn anything about him in school! ...How many times is Apartheid even discussed in school - even today?

I betcha I could ask Fox some simple shyt that I'd expect her to know, and more than likely, she couldn't answer it (without taking a quick trip through Google! lol!)

Mandela was hardly talked about before 1988 and after 1994! ...I had NO IDEA who Malcom X was as a young person - even though I had studied MANY Langston Hughes books on black history! ...It was like, he was "hidden" from American history for many years, and they stayed focused on MLK, Jr. (even in my BLACK history books) when they spoke of black history - as if that was ALL to black history!
...But all it took me was learning a LITTLE BIT about him to become TOTALLY passionate and interested in learning more!

So, YOU DON'T KNOW how Keenyah felt, why she was crying, and why she felt "privileged"! ...The person from Poland can't even compare their experience to the experience of a black person, who visits Africa for the first time!

At least YOU KNOW the country of your descendants!

We don't know the language, we don't know SHYT but "AFRICA"!

We had our heritage, history SNATCHED from us - there's a BIG FUKKIN' DIFFERENCE when it comes to the emotional "feel" of a black person visiting the "motherland"!

So, I suggest y'all not even "go there", and it's STUPID to even make such comparisons!

05-18-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: keenyah ...what in the world???"

>...The person from Poland can't
>even compare their experience to
>the experience of a black
>person, who visits Africa for
>the first time!
>
>At least YOU KNOW the country
>of your descendants!
>
>We don't know the language, we
>don't know SHYT but "AFRICA"!
>
>
>We had our heritage, history SNATCHED
>from us - there's a
>BIG FUKKIN' DIFFERENCE when it
>comes to the emotional "feel"
>of a black person visiting
>the "motherland"!
>
>So, I suggest y'all not even
>"go there", and it's STUPID
>to even make such comparisons!
>
Is it not possible for us to talk about our differences without cursing and being viscious to each other? I could be wrong, but the guidelines for this forum state scuh...

As far as me not having a clue what "blacks" go through because I'm from Poland, I'd like you to remember a little thing that happened called "The Holocost". I DON'T know where I came from except that my grandparents were from Poland. They were poor at that so there are no records to try to do my geneology. MY ancestors WERE snatched up from their homes and were treated to cruel deaths and being forced to live in secrecy in underground refugee camps. (If you don't know anything about this, there's a great film which shows a little bit of what MY ANCESTORS went through called The Piano.)

Regardless, I stand by my opinion (that's what an opinion is, MY OPINION! i can't make you change yours like you can't change mine. we just need to agree to disagree without being rude and insulting.)

05-13-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
20. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
I really didn't like the fact that Keenyah was so mean to Naima. I think she thought that just because she was the darkest girl, & they were in Africa, it was her right to get an attitude. It was like she didn't even hear Naima when she (Naima) said that her Mother & Father are half Black. I know a lot of Black people with light skin & European features who get over-looked by other Blacks as not being Black enough. What is Black enough? I don't want to open up another can of worms on this topic. We've been over & over this racial stuff, but I did see something in Keenyah that was totally fake. And I do believe she thought that she was better than all the other lighter girls while in Africa. You know what I loved about Yaya? ... She really knew her stuff! Yaya had her faults, but all the girls do. She was beautiful, intelligent, & sharp. The Mandela jail cell trip would have been SO real for Yaya. I would have understood her tears.

05-13-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
21. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
In the words of Squidward:
OH, PA-LEEZ!

You guys are making this into something WAY BIGGER than it is!

The ONLY ones that need be upset over Keenyah not knowing whether Mandela was or was not alive, is US (BLACK PEOPLE)!

And regardless, NO WHITE PERSON has a right to question a black person's emotions regarding their "blackness"! ...Why in the hell was Brittany even concerned over Keenyah wanting to open that door insteand of Naima?

...And you, yourselves, could give 2 shyts about Mandela, and whether or not a black person is familiar with his struggle - so, quit using this as a reason to further bash this young lady! ...We are the ONLY ones who need to be checking her on this! ...NOT Brittany! ...NOT YOU!
...And you don't know whether or not she knew anything about Mandela, just because she was HUMBLE ENOUGH to ask whether or not he was living! ...Focus more on what YOU KNOW and NEED TO KNOW!

...The ONLY person that had a right to even perhaps become confrontational with Keenyah (and was that even worth it?) was Naima! ..And NOT because she wanted to be the one to open the door (what black person wouldn't?), but because she denied and rejected her as a black woman! ...But EVEN NAIMA isn't taking this as far as Brittany and YOU GUYS are! ..Naima didn't even feel that was worth bringing back up - unlike Miss Brittany who wanted a reason to argue!

And Fox, how was Keenyah so "mean" to Naima? ...Because she stressed how she HONESTLY felt? ...I didn't see her act a fool, or anything like that with Naima! ...She didn't PROTEST at the door, or knock the key out of the girl's hand! ...So, quit hyping this shyt up into what it isn't!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "WARNING"
Don't tell other people whether or not they have the right to be upset. On these forums, we let posters of all races express their opinions on any subject, and you have no right to say otherwise.

...And you, yourselves, could give 2 shyts about Mandela,

Making that sort of overgeneralization will not be permitted on these forums. You have no way of knowing that poster - or any other posters - feelings on Mandela. And you have no right to go after the poster for the statements made.

It is not your place to tell another poster what they can and cannot say on these forums. If you think that another poster is violating the guidelines, alert the moderators and leave it at that.

VeniceGirl 35 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VeniceGirl Click to send private message to VeniceGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
I was upset at Keenyah for not knowing if Mandela was dead or alive, but also how she disrespected Naima, a fellow African American. Naima had been black all through the season and suddenly when they get to Africa -- and Keenyah gets catty, Naima is NOT "black" to her!! Give me a break... The one drop rule is pervasive here in America. Biracial people mixed with black are considered black and Keenyah fully knows that. Naima is not even biracial anyway. I have relatives and my father is Naima's complexion and they full well know they are African-American. Besides, South Africa is only one part of Africa, African people's come in a variety of shades, including Naima's.

steppedonalego 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppedonalego Click to send private message to steppedonalego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I agree COMPLETELY!"
Keenyah was the first one bringing up race, and to deny Naima of her own heritage/race/ethnicity is pompous and arrogant,
And even I, a plain ol' white Irish girl, knew what 46664 stood for the very second the Tyra mail came in.

You know, when people get all sobby and emotional over something they know nothing about... is annoying.

05-14-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
26. "RE: I agree COMPLETELY!"
Okay, Keenyah's ecstatic to be in Africa, although she was not as familiar with Mandela as she should've been (which may not have been at any fault of her own, but at least she was humble in asking about him, instead of fronting as if she knew so much about the "motherland")...
...Now, does that mean that Keenyah still should not have felt as ecstatic about being in Africa? ...Should not Keenyah STILL felt this "I'm at home, among my people" feeling?

I think that ESPECIALLY when you are unaware of certain things, that gives you an EVEN MORE longing to "know" and "be a part of"...
...This IS NOT like a white person visiting Europe - black people (like Keenyah) has lost totally ALL CONNECTION with their ancestry - not even knowing the country their people came from! ...I can't even describe what I'd feel if I went to Africa for the first time!
Like, Richard Pryor was a black man who was not-so-aware about his ancestry, history, heritage - and he was ALWAYS using the "N" word in comedy ...but when he went to Africa for the first time, he described his experience on stage in a very, VERY deep way - I could just FEEL what he was feeling!
...And he said, he looked around, and a voice in his head said, "Do you see any n.iggers?" ...
...And from then on, he decided that never again in his comedy would he use that word...

Was Richard Pryor ignorant? YES!
But that ignorance is what made it something even more to put him in "awe" when he visited Africa - cuz it OBVIOUSLY was NOTHING like he had been taught!

...Like, I notice how Keenyah was when she was first in Africa, and the tribal dancers came out ...She huddled up with Brittany, afraid that they were gonna eat her, or something!

But as time went on, and she toured South Africa more, I saw that she was growing more comfortable, and even feeling a new sense of "pride" and "exception" in Africa...

...And yes, saying that she didn't see Naima as a black woman (I didn't either, until she said it) was insensitive, but she was just being HONEST! ...I"m not saying that Naima should wear her blackness on her sleeve, or announce it to the world, but there ARE THOSE who may be biracial, and use their "blackness" when it is convenient, too! (I can't say if that was the case with Naima, though)...

...I see it JUST AS insensitive for Naima to say that she was "more worthy" to open the door because she "knew more" than Keenyah! ...Doesn't THAT sound a bit arrogant?
...I am one who knows alot about my history (maybe not as much about my AFRICAN history, though), but if I were with a person who knew NOTHING, I think that I would want for THEM to have that "first experience", cuz THEY NEED IT, in a sense!

But again, WHY WAS THIS A CONCERN OF BRITTANY's (instead of Naima's?) ...And Steppewhatever, ...why is this such a big concern of yours? ...Do you REALLY care about Naima's "feelings being hurt", or does this give you another reason to bash Miss Keenyah?

05-14-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppedonalego Click to send private message to steppedonalego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I agree COMPLETELY!"
How can you say it is NOT same as me visiting, say, Ireland??? (my homeland). I *HAVE* lost all connection with Ireland, and I would love to go there, but I am not going to play the victim role.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: I agree COMPLETELY!"
>How can you say it is
>NOT same as me visiting,
>say, Ireland??? (my homeland). I
>*HAVE* lost all connection with
>Ireland, and I would love
>to go there, but I
>am not going to play
>the victim role.

It's different when your homeland represents persecution or something taken away. Kind of like if a Jewish person went to Germany for the first time and stepped inside what was once a Nazi concentration camp. It's not a matter of 'playing' a victim b/c you (or at least your ancestors) WERE victims.

05-15-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
33. "RE: I agree COMPLETELY!"
Oh, and heaven knows Ireland hasn't had it's share of persecution. Heck, they're STILL fighting over there.
And yeah.. I lived in Germany, and my husband's family immigrated directly from there after they escaped the concentration camps. So I *know* about persecution.

I am just saying that blacks aren't the only one's in the world who have faced such things.

05-15-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
35. "RE: I agree COMPLETELY!"
>Oh, and heaven knows Ireland hasn't
>had it's share of persecution.
>Heck, they're STILL fighting over
>there.
>And yeah.. I lived in Germany,
>and my husband's family immigrated
>directly from there after they
>escaped the concentration camps. So
>I *know* about persecution.
>
>I am just saying that blacks
>aren't the only one's in
>the world who have faced
>such things.

I agree completely, steppedonalego. Bias and persecution are horrible practices all over the world and we have known of these practices since the beginning of time. The beauty of this discussion is that we all have the opportunity to see that these problems are universal and that we can share in trying to get rid of them.

So-called "reality" shows could do more about being socially conscious in this manner, instead of contributing to the problems that we all know exist around the world. That is why I criticise production crews and editors for adding fuel to the fire, rather than using the medium to educate people about what we have in common.

Thanks for your thoughtful posts, and welcome to these boards!
--Singer

VeniceGirl 35 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VeniceGirl Click to send private message to VeniceGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: I agree COMPLETELY!"
According to Keenyah, Malcolm X, Lena Horne, Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King, Debbie Allen...etc...etc...are not black either because they are Naima's complexion. Tell Malcolm X he is not 'Black' Keenyah, oh, wait, do you know if he is alive or dead? Probably not, but you know Malcolm had a very popular tee-shirt out when you were a kid!

However, like Malcolm, keenyah (I hope) after visiting (Mecca) Africa will learn a new respect and honest humility for the people and their customs; when Malcolm returned from his pilgrimage to Mecca he believed that all people could live and worship together as brothers. He changed his closed-mindedness into a search for truth even changing his name to Shabazz and split with the Nation of Islam. Instead of excluding Naima, I wish Keenyah would have embraced Naima more on a human-sisterhood level. American's already are so divided, why divide our skin color. Isn't that what South African's fought against!

Malcolm X (1925 - 1965): Letter from Mecca

(Written from Mecca in 1964)

Never have I witnessed such sincere hospitality and the overwhelming spirit of true brotherhood as is practiced by people of all colors and races here in this Ancient Holy Land, the home of Abraham, Muhammad, and all the other prophets of the Holy Scriptures. For the past week, I have been utterly speechless and spellbound by the graciousness I see displayed all around me by people of all colors.

I have been blessed to visit the Holy City of Mecca...

There were tens of thousands of pilgrims, from all over the world. They were of all colors, from blue-eyed blonds to black-skinned Africans. But we were all participating in the same ritual, displaying the same spirit of unity and brotherhood that my experiences in America had led me to believe could never exist between the white and the non-white.

America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem...

During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug) - while praying to the same God - with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the actions and in the deeds of the "white" Muslims, I felt the sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan, and Ghana.

We were truly all the same (brothers) - because their belief in one God had removed the "white" from their minds, the "white" from their behavior, and the "white" from their attitude.

...Each hour here in the Holy Land enables me to have greater spiritual insights into what is happening in America between black and white. The American Negro never can be blamed for his racial animosities - he is only reacting to four hundred years of the conscious racism of the American whites. But as racism leads America up the suicide path, I do believe, from the experiences that I have had with them, that the whites of the younger generation, in the colleges and universities, will see the handwriting on the wall and many of them will turn to the spiritual path of truth - the only way left to America to ward off the disaster that racism inevitably must lead to.

...All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the Worlds.

Sincerely,

El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

(Malcolm X)

cutelilram 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cutelilram Click to send private message to cutelilram Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: keenyah is a #####"
Well, I'm White and I love to learn about my White heritage. I can't wait to go to Northern Europe so I, like Keenyah in Africa, can be with my people and learn where I came from. Then I can cry when I step into Winston Churchill's childhood home...by the way, is Churchill alive or dead???? I can enjoy my aryan food...mmmmm.
I am so tired of Keenyah thinking that she is so special just because she is dark skinned!! Naima is part black and how dare Keenyah say she isn't black because she doesn't look it. If it were the other way around and a white contestant said the above comments, then she would be a racist but for Keenyah it's just her expressing her black pride. Well good for her and there shouldn't be any problem with me expressing my white pride.

05-14-05, 09:22 PM (EST)
29. "I don't get it..... (m)"
I agree with you completely....

I am proud of who I am.. but I am not going to go around shoving who I am down the throats of those around me. I could care less if someone's purple or green, what real difference does it make?

I have a homeland too, it just happens to be in Ireland.

05-15-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
36. "RE: I don't get it..... (m)"
The history of slavery and racism in America place American blacks in a unique position. Many do not know precisely their ethnic heritage. People who have come to the States from any part of the world recently usually know of their lineage, and they can draw strength from that knowledge. That is not always the case with American blacks, whose ancestors came here as slaves. That is why the issue is so touchy for Keenyah and others, like Naima. But as you can see, people deal with the cultural question mark differently--some with circumspection and respect, and others with crassness and a lack of humility, as we saw on last week's show.

--Singer

RudeeRu 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-18-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudeeRu Click to send private message to RudeeRu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: I don't get it..... (m)"
You know, I never really liked Keenyah because she didn't have very much nice to say about anyone. But the last show, she lost any shred of respect I had for her. Being mixed, like Naima, I have had to deal with some black folks feeling that I was too "high yellow" to "count"...How dare Keenyah go on national TV and diss all mixed girls!!! We are just as much into our heritages! It got so old hearing how black she is and how this experience is so awesome to her. Naima was feeling her roots, as well! And seeing as how early man came from Africa, Brittany and Kahlen should have felt right at home as well! I really hope Keenyah does not win, because that attitude is not right. There is such a thing as having pride, and then there's being a complete bonehead...

Rooting for Naima or Kahlen! Anyone but Keenyah!

05-18-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
39. "RE: I don't get it..... (m)"
>Being mixed,
>like Naima, I have had
>to deal with some black
>folks feeling that I was
>too "high yellow" to "count"...How
>dare Keenyah go on national
>TV and diss all mixed
>girls!!! We are just
>as much into our heritages!

I understand what you mean. I'm white but I went to a 99% black high school. (P.S. (lashmir) We DID learn about Nelson Mandela and more BLACK history than white so let's not go into things people do and don't learn in schools because each school is different.)

Anyway, even though I got persecuted big time for being white, it was the biracials who had it the worst. Blacks didn't think they were "black" enough and whites didn't think they were "white enough" so it was very hard for them. My sister is dating a black man and will probably marry him which is fine with me but it scares me for her kids. I hate to think what hardships they will have to endure simply because of the color (or lack there-of) of their skin.

As a WHITE person, I am tired of being blamed for every wrong thing another WHITE has done. NONE of my ancestors had slaves (they were practically slaves themselves) but if they had, I would still not be accountable for what they did. Look, I know blacks had it hard here for a long time and I sympathize, but most blacks today were not forced to sit on the back of a bus and go through all the things we have learned about. I'm sorry that blacks had to go through all of this, but it's over! I'm tired of everything being about race. It's ok to have EBONY awards, but if we had a WHITE MUSICIAN awards show, the NAACP would be all over it! Talk about racism! How about NOT using the race card when it's convienient and just being what all of us are in America, AMERICAN!

Zeta 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zeta Click to send private message to Zeta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: I don't get it..... (m)"
Donna...Donna....oh Donna. Where do I even begin with you? I'm an educated African American woman and have been blessed to come from a lineage of educated African American women. No we didn't have to sit on the back of the bus, and get sprayed with hoses, because we did not have to fight those battles. But how in the world can a "white" woman begin to empathize with the struggles I face today? Even in today's society, I am constantly judged by either my sex or race and forced to battle the negative, false, and downright embarrassing stereotypes placed on African-American women. DonnaLynn, please take off your rose colored glasses and realize that, although it is diguised in many different forms, racism still exisits. Yes there are many African American awards and programs, but that is to show appreciation to artists that have been ignored by the mainstream and have yet to gain acceptance in today's predominantly white society. So you will have to accept that we do in fact play the race card, but you must also realize that we are just playing the hand we were dealt.

evernae 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail evernae Click to send private message to evernae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: I don't get it..... (m)"

>I'm an educated African American
>woman and have been blessed
>to come from a lineage
>of educated African American women.
> No we didn't have
>to sit on the back
>of the bus, and get
>sprayed with hoses, because we
>did not have to fight
>those battles. But how
>in the world can a
>"white" woman begin to empathize
>with the struggles I face
>today? Even in today's
>society, I am constantly judged
>by either my sex or
>race and forced to battle
>the negative, false, and downright
>embarrassing stereotypes placed on African-American
>women. DonnaLynn, please take
>off your rose colored glasses
>and realize that, although it
>is diguised in many different
>forms, racism still exisits.
>Yes there are many African
>American awards and programs, but
>that is to show appreciation
>to artists that have been
>ignored by the mainstream and
>have yet to gain acceptance
>in today's predominantly white society.
> So you will have
>to accept that we do
>in fact play the race
>card, but you must also
>realize that we are just
>playing the hand we were
>dealt.

I know I am WAY late with this post, but I just saw these re-turns.

Are you, "an educated black woman," aware that most of the American slaves came from countries like Ghana and Gambia, and NOT from South Africa? Africa is a continent and while I can certainly respect the struggles and heritage of the black race, I must point out that Africa is made up of many countries, and thinking that South Africa is just like Cote D'Ivoire or Zimbabwe is like a white person calling Europe the homeland and saying that France and Italy are the same. That makes Mexico the same as the United States and China the same as Japan.

Slavery was a cruel and horrible crime. No one is denying that. The point that I think everyone is trying to make is that Keenya in fact did NOT know about Nelson Mandella's imprisonment, and white or black I think that is something that everyone-American, Mexican, Asian, etc,-should know about. Ever heard of the Aparthied, Keenya? South Africa is a country where many white British people live and where 30% of the country speaks english. I think there are about 16 official languages, actually. She came across as fake and ridiculous. I was embarassed that she was representing the United States to be honest. She was a prime example of why the rest of the world thinks we are stupid and ignorant.

stranglethorpe 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stranglethorpe Click to send private message to stranglethorpe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Drop the Soapbox, Ladies - Keenyah Is A Selfish Turd"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-06 AT 11:38 PM (EST)

She never bothered to learn anything about Nelson Mandela until the camera was on and she thought "I'm black... I could totally milk this for sympathy!" Unfortunately, the grossly self-serving ploy was vividly transparent... Brittany appeared more sympathetic to Mandela's history than Keenyah... and then when Brit confronted her abnout it, Naima and Kahlen wimped out and avoided the topic of her selfishness even though she'd just pushed them both outta the way for the go-sees the day before. And what was up with her not bringing any money to dinner? She just assumed someone else would foot the bill.

MAJOR ENTITLEMENT ISSUES, FOLKS.

As for thw whole "you only hate her because she's black" argument... come on! Anyone who honestly believes that is pretty much in universal denial. We hate her because she's an arrogant, dislikable person with a beer belly and a giant head. One of my favorite parts of the show was when she finally has to get her s**t together, and she's all crying and hysterical - totally in a state of disbelief that the world has at last said "No, we don't want you - Naima is 1000 times classier than you and is gonna win despite all your vicious attacks on her and the other girls" - and she says "When Tyra said someone else had more potential than the other girl (sob sob sob) I THOUGHT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT MEEEEEE!"

Hilarious. That's the great thing about reality TV - the bad guys usually get the boot.

unknownauthor_anonymous 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-08, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail unknownauthor_anonymous Click to send private message to unknownauthor_anonymous Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Drop the Soapbox, Ladies - Keenyah Is A Selfish Turd"
i really doubt keenya was being selfish

it is a competition. kahlen and naima would have to

fight to be at the goo sees before keenyah

had it been christina, who went home, people would

have said she is an ice queen.

she was probably one of the nicest girls there.
(and so damn fine; lord have mercy!)

unknownauthor_anonymous 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail unknownauthor_anonymous Click to send private message to unknownauthor_anonymous Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Drop the Soapbox, Ladies - Keenyah Is A Selfish Turd"
i believe all the girls that went to africa

would have cried, felt sympathy and became angry about

what mr. mandela went through.

it would have been a blessing for any of the girls
to get the key and be able to make history.

i also doubt that keenya stated what she stated, about
being the only black person who would understand.

i would be upset about seeing a film about what the nazis
did during the war. i am not jewish, that i know of.
haven't looked up my family tree.

i don't want anyone anywhere to be treated badly.

as i stated earlier. i doubt that keenya meant to push naima or kahlen out of the way during go sees.

and i also stated, if christina did that, she would be
labeled an ice queen.( i am sure she and others would
have been ecstatic to open the jail). and christina(as sexy as she is),was labeled an ice queen. she seemed her happiest in africa.

we are all brothers and sisters, all decendents of adam and eve.
i was upset about that episode when i watched it.
let's not argue ladies and gents;
have love not war
i was rooting for her to be antm.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •