The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Racist Spanish Guy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Uylanda Jones 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-15-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Uylanda%20Jones Click to send private message to Uylanda%20Jones Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Racist Spanish Guy"
How in the hell can you pick a guy who does not like black women? You have got be the crazy to put that Spanish KKK guy in the show. I am faulting Tyra for not screening this jerk.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Racist Spanish Guy HappyDays 11-15-06 1
   RE: Racist Spanish Guy HookedOnRealityTV 11-15-06 2
       RE: Racist Spanish Guy mistyrose52 11-15-06 3
           RE: Racist Spanish Guy nazpink 11-15-06 4
               RE: Racist Spanish Guy LisaPles 11-16-06 5
                   RE: Racist Spanish Guy Kelly_Smith 11-17-06 6
                       RE: Racist Spanish Guy ginger 11-17-06 7
                           I wondered about that... udg 11-18-06 8
                               RE: I wondered about that... arkiegrl 11-18-06 9
                                   RE: I wondered about that... nazpink 11-20-06 12
 RE: Racist Spanish Guy eire_heart74 11-19-06 10
   RE: Racist Spanish Guy reealiteefan 11-20-06 11
 RE: Racist Spanish Guy amea_gari 11-24-06 13
 RE: Racist Spanish Guy Boettcha3 11-29-06 14
   RE: Racist Spanish Guy unknownauthor_anonymous 03-14-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HappyDays 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-06, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDays Click to send private message to HappyDays Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
I agree. I know Jaeda isn't the best model but come on. Who wouldn't react like that. This man was fully being a jerk towards Jaeda. I would like to see Tyra having to work with this moron.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HookedOnRealityTV 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HookedOnRealityTV Click to send private message to HookedOnRealityTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
I couldn't believe it either. Well hopefully some of his clients see this and decide not to hire him and then his agency can drop him.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-15-06, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
Not really an excuse for Jaeda-she needed to go home a long time ago. BUT, she and Eugenia BOTH told Tyra the day before, and Tyra did NOTHING about him!

If I were those girls, I'd be talking to a lawyer right now. I think there is some harrassment going on, would you? They probably signed a contract that allows the producers and Tyra to do and say any darned thing they want-obviously by the way they treat these girls.

This show is getting more and more detestable each week!!!

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
That was quite shady considering the fact that they were suppose to utilize the guys during dinner to at least get a feel for how the words in their script are pronounced. The guy was completely unprofessional and should have kept those thoughts to himself or simply deny the job.

With that said....Jadea should have gone a long time ago. However, it's too bad that her last days in this competition had to be filled with such crap from some bozo who wasn't someone I would want to look at in a picture.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
Of course Tyra did nothing about it. I'm sure nobody came to Tyra's rescue to save her from discouraging or racist people when she was a young model just starting out. Anyway, I suspect it may have been scripted. I think the lesson learned for the models is not to expect anyone to care about your feelings. The modeling job is about looking good and getting the job done. Maybe it's unfair but that is how they can expect to be treated in the real world. I know I sound unsympathetic but I agree totally that it was wrong. The women have to deal with the reality of the industry and if they can't handle it they should try a different profession.
Maybe Tyra was also trying to give them a little warning to watch out for male models. I believe I recall her saying in a previous season that she had a relationship with one in Italy when she just started modeling who broke her heart.

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
Very good point. I was really shocked that they let him stay but it makes sense the way you presented it. In the real world you work with real jerks and you can't let it get you down. I'm sure Tyra and other women of whatever color had that happen to them and still made the shot.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-06, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
Did we actually hear him say this, or did we just hear someone else say he said it?

Not that it matters all that much.

I think where racism (and sexism and a lot of other nasty "isms") you have to pick your battles. I wouldn't waste time on this guy.

Any more than I'd waste my breath arguing with, say, Rush Limbaugh. On the other hand, I'd be happy to kick him a few times.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-18-06, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I wondered about that..."
I didn't record it, so I can't rewatch the scene, but I don't think he ever said, in so many words, that *race* was the issue. I thought he just said that he didn't like *her*, which isn't exactly smart to say to another actor you have to work with on set, but isn't racist either.

Until the girls started talking about racism, I honestly thought the guy had misunderstood. I thought he thought that Jaeda was coming on to him, and he was just telling her, bluntly, that he wasn't into her.

Regardless, I thought he was incredibly unprofessional for refusing to reherse with her. "I'm eating now." WTFever. You're getting PAID now, and besides, none of the other guys seemed to have any trouble eating and helping their partners with their lines.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I wondered about that..."
All I heard him say was something along the lines of "I don't like that" when she made a comment about making out with him. Not that he didn't like black girls.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I wondered about that..."
I re-watched this episode last night and I have to agree....I didn't hear him say anything (well at least I didn't read it in the subtitles) that he didn't like her because she is black. The subtitles translated it as I don't like you. There could have been several reasons why he didn't like Jadea. Maybe he didn't see her as attractive (she certainly didn't look it at that time) or maybe he found her to be annoying? The black thing came out during confessionals and if I recall correctly the other girls said that he was being a jerk. I'm not saying that the guy didn't say it but I question why it wasn't shown.........

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
I agree that this looks like a Tyra set up but in the real world of modeling, I am sure that this has happened to Tyra and thought it should go on the show to expose it. She in fact said you have to run with it and not let it get you down. I know in past seasons she's addressed the topic of being told she wouldn't get jobs because they already had a famous black model around. (Naomi Campbell, whose rivalry with her is legendary but mostly based on that fact that they both faced alot of racism that they were competing for the one chance to show a black model.)

But not for nothing, the girl just didn't have it. This was the straw that broke her.

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-06, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
It was a startling comment, that Spaniard's not liking black women, but it's the real modeling world. It's hardly politically correct. Besides, Jada could have had a little self-confidence, told this jerk to go chase himself. She had a photo shoot, that male model was an accessory, so it didn't matter what his likes or dislikes were.

Lack of self-confidence seems to be the downfall of many of this season's crop of wannabes.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-24-06, 04:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
I think racists are idiots.
But exactly when did this guy show racist behavior? All we have is that Jaeda claims he said he didn't like black girls, and although the lack of him saying it on camera is not proof that he didn't say it, her penchant for histrionics causes me to think she misinterpeted him. If he -had- said it, and there was footage of him saying it, I think it's a safe bet we would have seen him say it.
What I saw is that she was sort of hovering over him, and quite possibly could have annoyed him. He did seem to speak to her in a rude manner, and I think this offended and hurt her. Fair enough.
But--
The only person here who might have reason for a lawsuit, would be him, since the show presented him in such a manner-- afterall, now we have people who watched it calling him a KKK member, possibly quite few people refusing to work with him, and etc. Even in Spain, people are entitled to their opinions, so, no, Jaeda would have no right to sue this guy, even if he did say he didn't like black girls. He was rude, but in the end he was also professional, even feeding her lines during filming.
I'm not saying the guy was an innocent victim, but I am saying a lot of people, including Jaeda, seemed to leap to conclusions. My first impression of him was that he was a jerk, nothing more nothing less. Add to that the whole lost in translation factor, and I think it's the proverbial mountain out of a molehill. Jaeda needed a better excuse to freak out than that he was being mean.

Gosh, a model being a jerk!?!? Now that's unthinkable.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-29-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
i know what you mean! My guess is that Tyra probably did screen this guy, and then put him on there to create drama and better t.v. for her show. Don't get me wrong, i love ANTM, but I think sometimes they go a little far to get good ratings. I felt bad for her, but she still shoulda worked through it if she really wanted to stay in teh competition.

unknownauthor_anonymous 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-14-08, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail unknownauthor_anonymous Click to send private message to unknownauthor_anonymous Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Racist Spanish Guy"
i watched that episode

the male models were helping the girls learn their

scripts in spanish.

jaeda asked for his help. he wanted to be left alone

and enjoy his dinner.

jaeda probably thought he didn't want to

work with black women.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •