The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

jennamichelle 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-01-06, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jennamichelle Click to send private message to jennamichelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

I was really offended by the way she treated Lee. She shouldn't be such a snob about how much money she gets or how she gets it. She was really rude, and I would like to think that a charity would be happy to get any amount of money, regardless of the amount or the class of the people giving it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Was anyone else really put off ... miss_ganda 06-01-06 1
 RE: Was anyone else really put off ... AshLanie 06-02-06 2
 RE: Was anyone else really put off ... geg6 06-02-06 3
   RE: Was anyone else really put off ... miss_ganda 06-02-06 4
       RE: Was anyone else really put off ... geg6 06-02-06 5
           RE: Was anyone else really put off ... miss_ganda 06-02-06 9
   RE: Was anyone else really put off ... Hoobie 06-02-06 7
 RE: Was anyone else really put off ... BOYmeetsREALITY 06-02-06 6
   RE: Was anyone else really put off ... JoshInSGV 06-02-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

miss_ganda 457 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-01-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miss_ganda Click to send private message to miss_ganda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Are you speaking of the heavy-set liaison b/w the firefighter's org and the families in the charity?

Yes she was rather abrasive. Put off, No. She must have seen what we all saw, ineptness on the part of Lee & 3-legged pony of a team. I would be very nervous too if I was in her place. I would certainly micromanage such group of misfits (Roxanne excluded). But I'm afraid, even Roxanne won't be able to keep the sinking shipful of gold rust.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-02-06, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
>LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06
>AT 06:38 PM (EST)

>
>I was really offended by the
>way she treated Lee. She
>shouldn't be such a snob
>about how much money she
>gets or how she gets
>it. She was really rude,
>and I would like to
>think that a charity would
>be happy to get any
>amount of money, regardless of
>the amount or the class
>of the people giving it.
>

Nods in agreement to a point.

Lee should have researched what had been done in the past before meeting with her.

But she also is the expert in this area and could have helped Lee some with ideas etc.

From what I've seen in my personal experience, is that ideas are thrown around by both sides. She semed bent on not helping him out at all.

Maybe she is afraid/leery he will do a better job than she has? This fundraiser has been her baby for what, (not sure) five years?

I have grown to like lee but his age and lack of experience is beginning to show. It is one thing to throw out ideas as a team member (And always did like his ideas) but in a task this big experience will come into effect.

Sidenote:

Seans undoing (If there is one) could be his infacutation with Tammy.

I really feel all comments from the past and the major task should be taken into consideration..Sean's comment about Tammy are downright childish...makes one wonder if he really resepcts woman or feel they are just baby machines?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Um, no.

In her place, given the fact that Lee seemed to have done no research or planning for their meeting, I would have done the same. In fact, I probably would have been much tougher. Lee should be glad he dealt with her and not Denis Leary.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

06-02-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail miss_ganda Click to send private message to miss_ganda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Dennis Leary, LOL !

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Well, yes, Denis Leary is pretty damn funny. But not all that diplomatic. And is quite commited to helping firefighters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Leary

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

06-02-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Thanks for the link. I took a look at it and I must say I'm almost forgiving denis leary for some of his ribald jokes. Looks like there's more to him than being a stand-up comic.

I'm not Irish but I'm Catholic, I'm almost Irish in many ways (except the drunk part) I am no Denis Leary fan and definitely not a Conan O'brien fan but ............ I'm definitely a Steelers Fan ! We've got shirts, pennants, mugs in yellow, yellow/black you name it. Still no jersey though.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
I agree. However, I would have LOVED to have seen Denis Leary handle this. As it stands, I'm on the edge of my seat hoping he'll speak on Monday. If he knocks Lee down a peg, all the better.

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-02-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Yeah....it's hard to tell what's actually goin on with what little we are actually shown on TV. We never really know what went on behind the edited version being presented.

I DID think that as a fundraising chairman, Liz came off as pretty unprofessional and uncooperative, but that's only because that's the way she was shown to us.

My theory is that every time these final challenges roll around, the producers inject their dose of drama by creating situations like the ones we have here. It tests both the contestants and the show's ratings!

Seriously...Andrea suddenly having health problems after making it through the whole show and then sitting around waiting for the final episodes to tape???...And then a professional fund raiser in whose best interest it is to have a hugely successsful event refuse to offer ideas to the project team???? There have been similar things in past versions of the show and they all are a little "made for TV", in my opinion.

(That is to say...if the Andrea health issue is truly real, I hope she recovers well. If it was the manufactured drama I theorized about, perhaps they could have been a little less graphic. My guess is she shows up at the FINALE on Monday as helathy as ever with no story to tell.)

Just my thoughts....

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
I don't particularly think that Lys has been any harsher than past customers have been with other finalists. She's definitelly abrasive, but if Lee has what it takes to be the next apprentice (which I really doubt he has any skill) then he should be able to handle Lys and not get frazzled by her. I wouldn't be surprised if Lys and other characters like her are set up by the producers to act this way in order to create tension and drama.

I dislike Lee, so I really enjoy seeing Lys making him squirm.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •