URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2168
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"

Posted by jennamichelle on 06-01-06 at 06:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

I was really offended by the way she treated Lee. She shouldn't be such a snob about how much money she gets or how she gets it. She was really rude, and I would like to think that a charity would be happy to get any amount of money, regardless of the amount or the class of the people giving it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Was anyone else really put off by Liz?"
Posted by miss_ganda on 06-01-06 at 10:14 PM
Are you speaking of the heavy-set liaison b/w the firefighter's org and the families in the charity?

Yes she was rather abrasive. Put off, No. She must have seen what we all saw, ineptness on the part of Lee & 3-legged pony of a team. I would be very nervous too if I was in her place. I would certainly micromanage such group of misfits (Roxanne excluded). But I'm afraid, even Roxanne won't be able to keep the sinking shipful of gold rust.

Posted by AshLanie on 06-02-06 at 07:07 AM
>LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06
>AT 06:38 PM (EST)

>
>I was really offended by the
>way she treated Lee. She
>shouldn't be such a snob
>about how much money she
>gets or how she gets
>it. She was really rude,
>and I would like to
>think that a charity would
>be happy to get any
>amount of money, regardless of
>the amount or the class
>of the people giving it.
>

Nods in agreement to a point.

Lee should have researched what had been done in the past before meeting with her.

But she also is the expert in this area and could have helped Lee some with ideas etc.

From what I've seen in my personal experience, is that ideas are thrown around by both sides. She semed bent on not helping him out at all.

Maybe she is afraid/leery he will do a better job than she has? This fundraiser has been her baby for what, (not sure) five years?

I have grown to like lee but his age and lack of experience is beginning to show. It is one thing to throw out ideas as a team member (And always did like his ideas) but in a task this big experience will come into effect.

Sidenote:

Seans undoing (If there is one) could be his infacutation with Tammy.

I really feel all comments from the past and the major task should be taken into consideration..Sean's comment about Tammy are downright childish...makes one wonder if he really resepcts woman or feel they are just baby machines?

Posted by geg6 on 06-02-06 at 08:57 AM
Um, no.

In her place, given the fact that Lee seemed to have done no research or planning for their meeting, I would have done the same. In fact, I probably would have been much tougher. Lee should be glad he dealt with her and not Denis Leary.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by miss_ganda on 06-02-06 at 09:43 AM
Dennis Leary, LOL !

Posted by geg6 on 06-02-06 at 11:51 AM
Well, yes, Denis Leary is pretty damn funny. But not all that diplomatic. And is quite commited to helping firefighters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Leary

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by miss_ganda on 06-02-06 at 08:21 PM
Thanks for the link. I took a look at it and I must say I'm almost forgiving denis leary for some of his ribald jokes. Looks like there's more to him than being a stand-up comic.

I'm not Irish but I'm Catholic, I'm almost Irish in many ways (except the drunk part) I am no Denis Leary fan and definitely not a Conan O'brien fan but ............ I'm definitely a Steelers Fan ! We've got shirts, pennants, mugs in yellow, yellow/black you name it. Still no jersey though.

Posted by Hoobie on 06-02-06 at 12:18 PM
I agree. However, I would have LOVED to have seen Denis Leary handle this. As it stands, I'm on the edge of my seat hoping he'll speak on Monday. If he knocks Lee down a peg, all the better.

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 06-02-06 at 12:17 PM
Yeah....it's hard to tell what's actually goin on with what little we are actually shown on TV. We never really know what went on behind the edited version being presented.

I DID think that as a fundraising chairman, Liz came off as pretty unprofessional and uncooperative, but that's only because that's the way she was shown to us.

My theory is that every time these final challenges roll around, the producers inject their dose of drama by creating situations like the ones we have here. It tests both the contestants and the show's ratings!

Seriously...Andrea suddenly having health problems after making it through the whole show and then sitting around waiting for the final episodes to tape???...And then a professional fund raiser in whose best interest it is to have a hugely successsful event refuse to offer ideas to the project team???? There have been similar things in past versions of the show and they all are a little "made for TV", in my opinion.

(That is to say...if the Andrea health issue is truly real, I hope she recovers well. If it was the manufactured drama I theorized about, perhaps they could have been a little less graphic. My guess is she shows up at the FINALE on Monday as helathy as ever with no story to tell.)

Just my thoughts....

Posted by JoshInSGV on 06-02-06 at 12:55 PM
I don't particularly think that Lys has been any harsher than past customers have been with other finalists. She's definitelly abrasive, but if Lee has what it takes to be the next apprentice (which I really doubt he has any skill) then he should be able to handle Lys and not get frazzled by her. I wouldn't be surprised if Lys and other characters like her are set up by the producers to act this way in order to create tension and drama.

I dislike Lee, so I really enjoy seeing Lys making him squirm.