The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trump is the chump, not Randal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-16-05, 06:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trump is the chump, not Randal"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 06:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 06:29 AM (EST)

Trump put Randal in a no-win situation. If Randal agrees to hire Rebecca, it diminishes the victory Randal worked so hard for. If Randal says NO don't hire her, he looks like a jerk.

He also didn't give Randal the opportunity to make a rational decision. After feeling the euphoria of the victory, it probably felt like an insult when Trump suggested hiring Rebecca. I think that if asked in a quiet boardroom a couple days after the show, Randal would have said Rebecca should be hired. And doing it that way would have made it clear that Rebecca was still second place.

Either Trump should have hired them both on the spot without asking Randal, or hire Randal alone. If he hired both right away, they would have been BOTH happy about it without worrying about who should have been the singular winner.

However, Randal, once having been put in this awkward moment, could have made the best of the situation if he said that Rebecca should be hired and put the right spin on it by saying something like "I think Rebecca has the long-term potential to be a valuable asset to the Trump organization, and it would be great if she could be hired in a position that would allow her to build the experience to fulfill her vast potential." It would have diminished this particular victory somewhat, but doing so would have benefitted him more in the long term, as people would forever remember him for doing that.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trump is the chump, not Randall kellies11 12-16-05 1
   RE: Trump is the chump, not Randall ARnutz 12-16-05 2
 RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal singer 12-16-05 3
   RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal i_hate_alla 12-16-05 5
   RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal DooWahDitty 12-19-05 7
 RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal HistoryDetective 12-16-05 4
   RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal singer 12-19-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kellies11 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kellies11 Click to send private message to kellies11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trump is the chump, not Randall"
I totally agree. Shame on Trump for pulling this stunt. If he wanted to hire them both he should have. Randall was still enjoying his victory when Trump called him back and suggested they hire Rebecca. Bad timing Trump.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-05, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trump is the chump, not Randall"
Exactly!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-05, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal"
Trump and Burnett are the problem, not Randal.

Trump only grudgingly hired Randal. Burnett negatively edited EVERYONE who said good things about Randal.

That is the focus. Randal will never be a villain in the eyes of America, and The Donald is a heel for trying to make him one.

Didn't The Donald disparage Randal during the boardroom for being "too nice" and "low key?"

Well, I guess Randal showed The Donald that he does indeed have fire in his belly and that he is focused and that he will be "nice" only up to a point. Good for him.

George and Carolyn are obviously pleased.

--Singer

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal"
I'm not sure how it's "obvious" that George and Carolyn are pleased. Because they were smiling? They would have been smiling if it had been Rebecca.

I agree that Trump is the Chump! If he wanted to hire Rebecca (which I was hoping was the deal) then he should have either hired her instead of Randal, or just hired them both from the start. To put Randal on the spot was jerky beyond belief. Although I'm guessing that he thought he was giving Randal an opportunity to look like a hero....which totally backfired.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-19-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal"
"Didn't The Donald disparage Randal during the boardroom for being 'too nice' and 'low key?'"

"Well, I guess Randal showed The Donald that he does indeed have fire in his belly and that he is focused and that he will be "nice" only up to a point. Good for him."

This kind of jerking the contestants around is (1) why I didn't watch past Season 1 and (2) why some viewers go crazy when someone is chosen.

Not only do I NOT enjoy being jerked around (or watching the contestants be jerked) - I also don't appreciate that DT doesn't make it exactly clear WTF it is he really want. For me, this makes me lose interest when it seems like he's just jerking people's chains. Some may argue this is a worthy tactic, I think it backfires in this setting.

For some reality TV, this method works. For this show, it does not. Burnett and Trump would do well to make a policy change and lure back in the peeps who watched in the first place - sending away all the others who get bored with a real competition and just want to see histrionics.

Sigpic by Seana

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-05, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal"
Donald Trump puts the ass in class. What a phoquetard.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-19-05, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal"
heehee!

--Singer

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •